Edward Chan Photography

Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo

Manhattan, Brooklyn, New York, and New Jersey

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Jennifer L

Choosing Ed to be our wedding photographer was hands down the best (and easiest) choice we made. From day one, Ed was completely professional and easy to work with. He made a big effort to get to know us as a couple and even spent extra time with us during the engagement photo... Read More session to make sure we got all the shots we wanted! My husband and I are both camera shy, but thanks to Ed, we felt comfortable by our wedding day. Ed was able to capture the genuine emotion of the day with his unique vision, and we are so happy with how our photos turned out. Not only is Ed talented, but he is also incredibly kind, trustworthy, and hardworking. He was very easy to communicate with and was also super responsive throughout the whole process. Thank you Ed for everything - we will treasure our photos for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/09/2016

My wife stumbled upon Ed as we were searching for a photographer for our wedding. Believe me when I say that you will not regret your decision when choosing Ed. Not only is he passionate about his work, but he will also pour his heart and soul into making this one of the most... Read More memorable event (regardless of what it is) of your life. He's very diligent every single step of the way and his communication style is excellent. He delivers only the best quality pictures to you and they really epitomized his talents as a photographer. The only sadness I have is the fact that I can only give him 5 stars and not more. Thank you Edward for the wonderful pictures!

Reviewed on 4/06/2016 Larissa P

Edward is fantastic! He takes all the stress out of having your photos taken and the end result is beautiful photographs. He's upfront and open from the get go and really works hard to get to know you as a couple to make sure you're getting exactly what you want. I'm a... Read More photographer myself so I'm very particular when it comes to the quality of pictures, how they are framed and what they show in the end. My wife and I ended up choosing Edward because not only is he extremely easy and delightful to work with (as well as being a genuine great guy) his photographs are fantastic in every aspect. Not only is the quality there, but he takes risks and uses his creative instincts to provide you with pictures that tell a story, captures a moment, or embodies a feeling that you will now remember forever. Organized, professional, easy to work with and services were provided at a great price. Can't recommend Ed enough!

Reviewed on 4/06/2017 Johnson T

My wife and I are thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out. Ed’s passion and dedication shine through in his work and in our time getting to know him. He has a gifted artistic eye and wonderful talent for taking great candid pictures. He is so professional and patient,... Read More and also so easygoing and flexible that it really made our photos fun. We cannot thank him enough.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 S H

My husband and I are thrilled with how our wedding photos turned out. Ed’s passion and dedication clearly shine through in his work. He has a gifted artistic eye and wonderful talent for taking great candid pictures. He is both professional and patient, but also very easygoing... Read More and flexible. He really takes the time to listen to your vision and preferences, and understands it. Having gotten to know him through our engagement shoot, it made it so easy and stress-free when it came to the photos on the wedding day. In addition, he is extremely responsive to correspondence. We cannot thank him enough. It was one of the best choices of our entire wedding planning process.

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 Shuk Fan L

Having Ed as our wedding photographer is the best decision we made for our wedding in Sept 2016. Ed is the one and only photographer that we met up with and we hit it off right away. We were attracted to his warm and kind personality. Ed went above and beyond with his work.... Read More During our engagement session, we were so camera shy and feeling so awkward. He made us feel at ease and suggested for another session given bad weather. We met for another session and this time, we felt completely at ease and had so much fun taking photos in Central Park. It was a beautiful evening and the photos all came out so nice! He was able to capture our love and personalities in all of our photos. During our wedding day, Ed was prepared and ready for the big day. We have so many beautiful photos - posed portraits & candid shots - that captured our special day. We will forever cherish these beautiful memories. We enjoyed working with Ed and highly recommended him to our friends and family.

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Brittany M

Edward is the kind of person you want with you on your wedding day. His energy is calm and thoughtful, his goal is to capture the love between the couple on their day. He takes the time to get to know the couple and encourages you just to be yourself and remember what got you... Read More here. We could not have been more pleased with his work and his presence at our wedding. Xoxo Brittany * Hedwin

Ed is the best!

Reviewed on 1/16/2016 Hannah H

My husband and I loved working with Ed. From the first meeting we had with him we had a good feeling and he was very easy to talk to. He scoped out locations ahead of the wedding and sent us a preview so we could choose where to take photos before the wedding day. He was very... Read More generous with his time for our engagement session. On the day of the wedding he was very professional, put anxious family members at ease and once the ceremony started we hardly noticed him (in a good way). He took great photos - both the posed portraits and candid shots. We got over 200 within a week after the wedding and the rest of them within two months. The value of our package was awesome and our experience with Ed was the best. We wholeheartedly recommend hiring him!

Edward is excellent!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I hired Edward for our wedding photographer last month. He is friendly, helpful, and professional. My husband and I are always stiff in front of the camera, but Edward made us feel at ease. We've never did a photo shoot before, and Edward guided us every step of the way. Not... Read More only did he travel from out of state to meet us, he was always accommodating to our busy work schedules. We did our engagement photos and wedding photos with Edward; he is beyond exceptional. He capture every special moment and made them even more magical through his lenses. I'm so glad I hired Edward as our photographer, even my sister in law is thinking about hiring him for her wedding when she gets married!

Ed is amazing!!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Charissa S

If you want to have stunning wedding photos and enjoy the experience of working with your photographer, then talk to Ed!!!!!!! Looking back, the three things I want to highlight most is how Ed is 1) Relational, 2) Ridiculously skilled, and 3) Highly responsive and... Read More accommodating. 1) We first met up with Ed over coffee in NYC (he traveled to meet us). In addition to getting to know his work, we learned more about him and vice versa. Ed was genuinely interested in my husband and my story, so we met up another time to talk about our relationship and what's important to us, which helped Ed know what to focus on during the wedding and engagement shoot. I appreciate how much Ed values the engagement shoot because it really was an opportunity for us to grow comfortable in front of the camera and with him behind it. Ed learned when we needed guidance for posed shots and when we should just be natural and let the candids roll :) 2) His pictures are stunning. Every time I look back at our engagement or wedding photos, I am mind blown. Seriously! My friends have raved about his work, and they've told me their friends have somehow seen our pictures on social media and say that ours have been the best e.ment/wedding pictures they've seen so far. Ed captures candids, detailed shots, portraits, etc. so, so well. Please look through his pictures! 3) Ed is proactive about maintaining solid communication throughout the process and responds instantly to all questions. He checks in to make sure he has all the logistics down; he sends you sneak peek photos soon after each event; and he keeps you updated on when all the photos will be ready. Not only is Ed responsive, but he is also really accommodating. He woke up at 3am to meet us for a sunrise engagement shoot, and he took more wedding pictures in a style I said I liked after looking at the engagement shoot photos. Ultimately, Ed really wants you to enjoy your wedding and leave you with pictures that capture the beautiful, exhilarating, and emotional moments that transpire throughout your special day.

Ed is the Man

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

As a professional commercial photographer, I was very particular about who was going to capture my own wedding. Ed did a fantastic job. He is talented and offers a unique style. His professionalism and delivery top notch and on time which now I know every bride and groom... Read More anxiously await images. Ed offers a high quality product for an an extremely competitive rate. Thank you rate, my wife and I will enjoy your images forever. ~Brett Friel FrielPhotography.net

Photographer first and foremost, accommodating, and timely

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

Ed was an amazing photographer who we would both highly recommend. The three main reasons we really appreciated him were that he is a photographer first and foremost, he is incredibly accommodating, and he is timely in terms of responses and editing. 1. Photographer. On our... Read More engagement shoot in NYC, we happened to walk past an interesting alcove with bold red curves. Ed spontaneously stopped us and asked us to pose in front of it. These shots turned out beautiful and ended up gracing the cover of our engagement album. It was clear to me that Ed wasn't just a “wedding photographer” who churned out the same poses in the same places for each couple, he was a photographer who happens to do weddings and do them well. 2. Accommodating. He admitted to us that isn't a morning person, but he still got up at 3am on a Saturday morning to catch the sunrise with us. He also scouted out several spots for the engagement shoot on his own time for great locations. And though he didn't have a car, he made the trek out to our church in NJ to visit before the day of the wedding. 3. Timely. Everything he did was provided to us in a very timely manner. We got a sneak peek album of over 100 photos just two days after the wedding. We left for the honeymoon that afternoon, so we were able to relive that day on the flight.

Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

We hired Edward to be our wedding photographer and we found him to be very easy to work with. He was very accommodating with scheduling. We liked the quality of the photos he took and thought he did a great job with both the candid and posed shots. I would definitely recommend... Read More him to our friends and anyone else looking for a photographer for their event.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 jane e

When my husband and I met Ed for the first time, we hit it off right away. He's such an easy-going, yet professional, and he immediately put us at ease about the big day and got us really excited about everything. Working with Ed was the easiest part of wedding planning by... Read More far. He was so willing to work with our schedules, to learn about us and what we wanted, and it really came through in his work. He's very responsive by phone and email and will meet with you in person when necessary. He went above and beyond in every aspect of planning to make sure that we had a game plan that worked out perfectly on the day of and in our engagement shoot. Every time we had plans to meet with Ed, he showed up early, was prepared, and ready to go. This was especially true and important on the big day! He was there bright and early and ready to snap. He had some much energy that everyone was just excited for photos. Then after the big day, Ed was so quick with turning around sneak peek photos and continuously worked on sending us more beautiful photos in the days that followed. We really liked Ed's style, which he showed us when we first met. But when we actually received the engagement and wedding photos, that's when it really came through. His photos were beautiful, reflective of our personalities and our emotions. We were so pleasantly surprised! We would (and have already done so) recommend Ed to everyone we know without hesitation!

Awesome photographer!

Couldn't Be Happier

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I would likely have booked with Ed based on the quality of his work anyway. But when I met with him for the first time, his attention to detail and his relational approach to his work further assured me that he was the right photographer for my wedding. Ed was thoughtful... Read More and well prepared from start to finish. He even came out to Long Island (he resides in New Jersey) to scope out our venue and get our input so that he wouldn't be going in cold on the wedding day. The engagement shoot, which happened about a month prior to the wedding, was a lot of fun and his creativity was evident. Leading up to the big day, he communicated with us clearly to establish expectations and he deftly worked around little hiccups. Perhaps most importantly of all, we (and our family & friends) love the photos! He captured so many amazing candid shots that conveyed all the emotions of our day. Thanks Ed!

Terrific Photographer!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Jane I

Choosing Ed to be our photographer was one of the best decisions we made. He is not only skilled, talented, and an absolute expert behind the camera; he is a warm and thoughtful person through and through. It was such a pleasure to work with him, during both the engagement... Read More shoot and our wedding day, as he helped us get comfortable in front of the camera. Ed has an incredible eye for great shots, which was made abundantly clear when we received our pictures - we couldn't be more pleased with how beautifully they turned out! I have nothing but the highest regard for his work and I would wholeheartedly recommend Ed for anyone who is looking for a photographer for their special day.

Edward Chan Photography Phenomenal

Reviewed on 10/26/2015

I had trepidation about hiring a wedding photographer given the costs associated with the photographer's time and the costs of actually obtaining all the photos. Edward worked with us and provided all the photos he took at our wedding day. The photos were phenomenal and looks... Read More great in photobooks. He was delightful to work with and went to enormous lengths to make our wedding day special. He also went to great lengths to accommodate us for our engagement photos, which also turned out great. He was great with our crazy families, actually listened to what we wanted, took us to the side to take breath-taking and stunning sunset photos during the reception, and was amazing at communicating with us. Our wedding day was the phenomenal and he certainly played a big part in making it so great. Recommend him to everyone.

Amazing photographer!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Leah M

Edward was such a pleasure to work with. He made the process so easy!! He is so kind and puts you at ease. His photos were gorgeous and we got a ton of samples the very next day! I cannot recommend him enough!!

Reviewed on 8/15/2015 Annie V

We cannot say enough good things about Ed!!! When we saw his portfolio we fell in love with his work, but working with him, he really took the time to get to know us and make us comfortable as we had both never been in front of a camera before. He has a great eye, especially... Read More since it rained during our engagement shoot and there was snow and ice everywhere on our wedding day from the freak storm the night before! We STILL came out with the most beautiful, intimate photos. Lastly, working with Ed was just so easy. He was super flexible (especially since we booked with him only 2 weeks before our wedding dinner), always prompt with our questions and the delivery of our photos, and is just the nicest guy ever. We are SO happy we found Ed!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Miranda C

Not only are his photos beautiful, but Edward was a pleasure to work with. Edward really spent the time to get to know us and was open to our wants and needs for our wedding and photos. He is friendly, kind, professional, organized, accommodating and is calm under the craziness... Read More that can happen on a wedding day. Of course, also he takes wonderful and beautiful pictures! We had an engagement shoot with Edward and he was very accommodating and made us feel comfortable in front of the camera. We wanted the pictures to be light-hearted and fun and he really did capture the goofy side of us. He was also captured beautiful romantic shots of us. I was really happy when I saw the engagement photos because I knew that Edward could do a great job on our wedding day. One less thing for a bride to worry about! :) Edward worked thorough a sunny and warm day to capture our all our precious moments. He was really kind and friendly towards our family and guests, especially those guests that are camera happy. For some photographers, they may get annoyed by guests popping in and getting in the way, but Edward was professional and friendly and embraced it. As the sun was setting, Edward noticed how beautiful it was outside on our venue, which had willow trees and a pond reflecting the sunset. We snuck out of the reception to take a picture a few pictures and I'm glad we did. Those pictures are some of my favorite pictures from my wedding. Edward has a great photographer's eye. I'm really glad we went with Edward to capture us on our wedding day. It's really worth it to spend the money to have a photographer that has the artistic skills, professionalism, flexibility and personal approach that Edward has. I highly recommend him!

Reviewed on 5/08/2015 A M

My husband and I could not be happier with Edward Chan Photography. From our first meeting to the engagement session to the big day, Ed was absolutely the best. He is extremely talented, but also personable, approachable, open to ideas, flexible, and responsive. For two... Read More introverts who embarrass easily, he made us feel at ease in front of the camera, and he expertly captured the beautiful day and our happiness. He was extremely prepared, punctual, and unobtrusive. I realize I am throwing out every adjective available, but I can't stress enough how happy we are with Ed's services. The photos are absolutely gorgeous, and if we ever need professional photographs again, Ed will be our first choice.

Amazing photos by an amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jam H

If we could give Edward Chan 10 stars, we would! He was very professional from beginning to end. He's very passionate about his craft and it shows in the work that he produces. My husband and I did a lot of research, emailed and called a lot of photographers in the process. We... Read More were already getting frustrated because we don't just want someone to take pictures of our wedding, but someone who would capture memories that we will treasure forever. Ed was the only one we met up with because we instantly fell in love with what we saw on his website. After our first meeting, we instantly knew he was the one. And he proved us right with what he did for our special day! He made us feel comfortable with him from the very beginning, which is very very important. Ed was very detailed and organized too, and guided us throughout the process. He communicates well with clients. We had a lot of questions in the beginning (yes, we are a little picky being that my husband is a graphic designer and knows technical aspects, and I myself I'm also passionate about photography). However, he answered all of our questions and clarified everything in a timely manner and assured us that everything will be perfect. Ed already knows from past wedding gigs what really happens in the process and gave us pieces of advice to make everything run smoothly. For our engagement shoot, we started at New York Transit Museum (his recommendation too!) and then we proceeded on doing more pictures outside. It was a rainy day but he did not mind it at all (for the sake of pictures, my husband and I didn't either!) Thank God we did the outdoor shots because it turned out so amazing! Ed was right… The rain effect was really romantic and dramatic! We have not even reached home that night and Ed already sent us a sneak peek of the photos through email. We were so amazed at how gorgeous the pictures were! On the day of our wedding, he came in well-prepared. With took a lot of amazing and gorgeous pictures. We sneaked out before dinner to catch the sunset, which he captured beautifully! He even stayed later after dinner reception just so we could take more pictures, not minding the time and the cold weather. And again, our efforts were not put to waste as the night time pictures were so impressive! And as if he did not get home late after the wedding, he even sent us our 30 photos at 4 AM in the morning of the following day! He was as excited as my husband and me! on our way to the airport for honeymoon the following day, we could not stop gushing about the amazingly great pictures! Our family and friends were all commenting how nice and accommodating he was, and how he captured all the love between me and my husband. We cannot thank Ed enough for making us feel so special! Everyone deserves to know how amazing a photographer and a great person Edward Chan is! We are truly excited and we can't wait to see the final wedding pictures!❤️

Amazing photos by an amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Jam H

Edward Chan

Look forward to meeting you!