PYOB- Photograph Your Own Beauty

I am a photojournalistic wedding/humanitarian photographer based in DMV area. I truly love photography, and love that I was able to make it into a profession. It's so special to continuously be a part of my clients happiest day. My photography style is very vibrant. The most important aspect to me is capturing spontaneous moments, versus staged poses. I like very natural, candid photos. I am constantly searching for the big, and little moments, that I know will be treasured afterwords.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Digital Files, Online Proofing, Photo, Printed Enlargements, Printed Proofs, Same-Day Edits, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums, Photo + Video

Reviewed on 8/02/2017 Adrienne A

Eric is absolutely amazing - and that doesn't even begin to describe it! Eric was our photographer for both our engagement session and our wedding day. From the moment we met him in DC for our engagement session, we knew we'd be in fantastic hands. He took two introverted... Read More folks who don't pose much for the camera, guided us through every step of the way, and delivered absolutely amazing shots. His relaxed style made us feel completely at ease, and when we actually saw the photos, we were blown away by his eye for detail and beauty. He's GOOD. He truly knows how to capture the joy, human element, and intricacy of a moment. We found the same experience to be true for our wedding photos. Unlike other photographers who get in your face or shove a big black hunk of equipment into what what have been a beautiful moment, he works in the background and uses his camera to its best advantage - without destroying the ambiance. Or, he directs you into creating moments that are actually meaningful and loving for you as a couple, and captures it without reminding you that he's there. We deeply appreciated this approach. When we received our first preview of the photos that he'd taken, I was moved to tears. He captured the most important, precious moments of our wedding and worked some kind of magic to make us look like rock stars! (And this is said by someone who typically *hates* seeing photos of herself!) He was a blast to work with, and everyone in our bridal party had high praise for his guidance, his friendly and relaxed approach (which made us all feel so much more at ease!), and his great professionalism. Beyond the experience that we had with Eric (which is reason enough to book him as soon as you possibly can), his photography skills are second to none. From the second we saw his portfolio, we knew that we wanted to book him, and we are so incredibly pleased, relieved, and grateful that he was a part of wedding day! I cannot sing his praises enough! He is fantastic.

2017-08-02T22:25:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your amazing review. I am so flattered now. I was just there and you and Rick did everything. My job was to help you be more who you are and document those values with my vision. I am very glad... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 7/19/2017 Kathy K

I don't even know where to begin in reviewing Eric's importance to our wedding. We have been together for 22 years and finally got married this July. Getting married in mid-life means you've had years to gather lots of important friends and family--and we wanted to make sure we... Read More captured our time with them in photos. Eric's work suited our goals perfectly. His brilliant candids, uncovering precious moments in time, is what drew us to his work. His kindness and compassion were what made him a great partner to work with us and our 150 family and friends. We highly respect and appreciate his talent and time through our engagement shoot and wedding. I look forward to working with him again on future assignments (as a graphic designer, I would hire him in a heartbeat). Thank you SO much for the gift of your creativity, Eric!

2017-08-02T22:33:18 Response from the vendor

There are some moments that I had to wipe off my tears while shooting photos. Your love story was one of those moments and my heart is broken when I imagine how hard it would have been for you to keep your love as firm... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 John P

My wife and I had the good fortune of working with Eric for both our engagement and our wedding day photos. I'll do my best to fully explain how pleased we are to have worked with someone so skilled and wonderful. For our engagement photos, we asked that most of our shots be... Read More candid with a few staged photos. This is a fairly difficult request when both my wife and I - though very candid on our own - can be a bit shy and apprehensive when put in front of a camera. Eric and his assistant were able to, not only coax us out of our shell but, capture some absolutely beautiful photos that we were extremely pleased to have and to share with our friends and family. In addition to fantastic photos, working with Eric during our engagement shoot was a true pleasure. He and his assistant were extremely kind and caring regarding our requests and hesitation/reservations. As I mentioned, they made us feel extremely comfortable and we knew they cared deeply about getting us the best photos possible. We also had the pleasure to work with Eric and a second assistant ,Hue, for our wedding day. They were absolutely fantastic in every aspect of their photography part of our wedding. Their professionalism and ability to adapt to the wedding party, wedding guests, and the needs of the day were outstanding. Similar to our engagement photos, we'd requested a mixture of mostly candid photos of us and of the venue/church as well as our guests/wedding party. Both photographers operated flawlessly with little direction from my wife or me. This autonomy made the whole process much easier because, as we knew from our engagement photos, we'd be getting amazing memories captured without having to worry every step of the way. As of today, we've been shown a sampling of our wedding day photos and the quality and emotion captured is nothing short of fantastic. We couldn't have asked for a more positive experience and a more wonderful photographer to work with. We highly recommend Eric.

2017-06-12T11:29:40 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. All seconds I spent on your wedding day was so valuable and also really appreciated that you had treated me like your own family.

Reviewed on 1/11/2018 Danielle S

My fiancé and I booked Eric 2 months before our wedding after getting a referral through one of of his photography associates for my wedding and honestly he sets the bar high for customer service. Although we were last minute with booking he created a payment plan that was easy... Read More to follow. Whether its through email or telephone we had a clear line of communication! Very easy going, funny, and attentive to detail. We honestly laughed the whole time. So happy with my finish product!!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Michele-Ann W

Eric did an excellent job as our wedding photographer. He was easy to consult with in preparation for the wedding and was diligent about getting all of the shots we asked for. We don’t especially like posed shots, and Eric did a great job of capturing us in candid moments that... Read More expressed our joy on our wedding day. He efficiently got all of the family shots that we wanted and left us some time to enjoy our cocktail hour! He did not rush us and was an unobtrusive presence throughout the day, while still documenting everything that we wanted, from the bridal preparation to the send off at the end of the evening. We highly recommend his services.

2017-10-24T23:07:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your great review. You and your family made me feel much comfortable and you picked a very nice venue as well. It was my pleasure to be your wedding photographer and also very glad that you got all shots that... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/16/2017 Jeremy L

Eric is great to work with! Because I am out-of -state, Eric conversed with me for several weeks to stage the perfect engagement. He was extremely helpful and very responsive! When the day came Eric was able to snap great shots of my fiancée and I walking to “the spot”, as well... Read More as amazing photos when I dropped to one knee. We were blown away when we saw his work.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Kelly K

My husband and I are so glad we found Eric! He is very easy to work with an all-around good person. Eric met with us for an initial consultation and shared a little about himself and his motivations for getting into photography. He truly loves photography and has a gift for... Read More telling stories through his work. We wanted real, candid photos and Eric's documentary style was perfect. He was willing to work with our budget and checked in often throughout the planning process. On the day of our wedding, Eric kept us on schedule and maximized his time with us. He delivered our photos within a reasonable time frame (4-6 wks) - really glad he was part of our special day!

2017-10-02T20:18:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. Also, I do really appreciate that you shared your story and experience in Bolivia. Your family and friends all welcomed me and loved to document you love story. I would definitely love to work with you again later.

Reviewed on 10/02/2017 Christianna Chiavetta C

We had the privilege of working with Eric on multiple occasions for our engagement pictures and wedding. Eric was AMAZING! He made us feel at ease, while we enjoyed ourselves on our special day. He has a great sense of humor, is professional, and is amazing at his craft. Our... Read More photos are BEAUTIFUL. We were extremely satisfied with Eric and would suggest him to anyone who asks!

2017-10-02T20:12:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. It was my pleasure to be your wedding photographer :) Whenever you come down here, let me know. I and Jeff will be ready for another photoshooting.

Reviewed on 8/30/2017 Derick S

Eric did a really wonderful job for us at our wedding! He was great at suggesting poses and set up shots but also took some great candid shots at the reception!

Reviewed on 8/14/2017 Jacqueline L

We had Eric for both our engagement and wedding photos and we would not have wanted anyone else to capture the special day. From the start he was a pleasure to work with and demonstrated patience throughout the entire process. On our wedding day, our wedding party was a little... Read More hectic, but he remained calm and worked with us and made sure to capture all the shots we wanted. It also rained, but that did stop him from getting a little wet to get the perfect shots. We just got our sneak peeks and absolutely love them and can't wait to see the rest. We would definitely recommend his work and are positive he would do an excellent job. Thanks again Eric! - Jacqui & Trey

2017-08-14T11:40:28 Response from the vendor

Hi Jacqui and Trey, Thank you so much for your review. I enjoyed your wedding and it was fun. Shooting in rain was also fun even though my camera was malfunctioning a little bit :) Thanks again

Reviewed on 8/05/2017 Samantha B

I can not express enough how wonderful Eric was during our Engagement photo shoot! Eric captured our special moment and accomodated us without hesitation and with a friendly sense of humor. Our photos will last a life time and Eric was able to capture the beginning of a our... Read More adventure together which we will cherish forever. Not only did he capture our love story, but the work of art portrayed in the photos are absolutley spectacular. My fiancé and I highly recommend Eric for any of your photography needs!

2017-08-14T11:48:22 Response from the vendor

It was a great opportunity to get to know you and Gonzi. Your choice of the red umbrella was the best of that day. It made your photos even more to be stood out. Of course your love story was beautiful too :)

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Raleigh K

Eric was so great and a comfort to have at my wedding! He was there every step of the wedding, guiding us and capturing great photos! He has a great, artistic view that captured our love and the amazing venue. I felt very lucky to have Eric as our photographer!

2017-07-18T09:13:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Raleigh. You had an amazing venue and I did really love the place. More importantly, you two looked so cute. I enjoyed everything that you had planned and your mom's warm hospitality was another thing that I will remember.

Reviewed on 7/05/2017 Alexis C

Eric was phenomenal to work with. He made photography very easy and didn't make us feel awkward with any of the poses. He captured a lot of looks and crowd shots that were some simple, but yet spectacular. I would definitely recommend him for all photography needs!

Reviewed on 7/03/2017 Caitlin W

Eric has a knack for capturing the small, quiet moments in your crazy day (for us, it was our wedding) and bringing them to life. His style is "in the moment" photography, which is more candid and, in my opinion, more beautiful. And he has a really masterful grasp on how to use... Read More light and shadow to bring emotion to a photo. During our day with him, he was kind, encouraging, patient, and kept a sense of humor through it all. He was extremely easy to work with and we couldn't be happier with our photos.

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Angelica B

Eric did both our Engagement and Wedding pictures and they both turned out absolutely stunning!! He understood exactly what my husband and I wanted in our Potojournalistic photos and captured it all. Eric had a pretty big job at our wedding with over 200 guests and captured... Read More everything we wanted and more. I can’t say enough about Eric and how wonderful he is. I highly recommend him and will definitely be working with him in the future!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Angelica B

Eric is a great photographer. He took our engagement photos and wedding photos. For our first look and bridal party photos we took them at the Lincoln Memorial. Eric knew the perfect location. We had given him a list of photos we wanted to take and he was very organized and... Read More captured them all. He was also very quick and didn't make us do many poses. For the wedding ceremony and reception Eric was always around but never in the way our overbearing. He is a great photographer and we highly recommend him.

2017-06-20T20:52:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Anthony. I felt very comfortable even before your big day and knew that it would be the funniest wedding ever. That Colombian dance/music was amazing. Also, that hard liquor was good. Thank you so much for your help and very happy... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Catherine M

I could NOT have asked for a better photographer. I was fortunate to work with Eric for a photo shoot prior to my wedding, so when the big day rolled around, we had already established a comfortable relationship. My family decided that Eric was "the coolest person ever!", and... Read More all my guests raved about how Eric was "there, but not there." He managed to take such wonderful posed and candid photos without being obvious. We are so excited that these will be the pictures we will get to look back on again and again.

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Cybil M

Eric is an incredible photographer! He photographed my sister's July 23 wedding in Virginia! He's incredibly professional and is a lot of fun! My family had a great time hanging out with him while we waited on the bride (because she runs on her own time!). The images are... Read More STUNNING! We definitely recommend him! He is great at capturing those standard wedding shots, but my favorite are his candids! He has an artistic eye for beautiful images we'll cherish forever!

2017-06-20T20:53:32 Response from the vendor

It means a lot to me and I do really appreciate your comments. I enjoyed a lot and will never forget how warmly I was welcomed and treated. Thank you so much.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Alison S

Eric is a wonderful photographer. We really wanted some nice photos of the two of us on our wedding day. We were nervous when we started our first look, but Eric put us at ease! He helped position us and told us where to stand. He was really good at highlighting all the unique... Read More features at our location (Fort Myer), which we loved. We got some really cool shots we would have never thought of ourselves. All our photos were so beautiful. We are so happy with them. They were a great combination of artistic, whimsical, romantic, and fun.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Kate O

We loved Eric!! He is such a sweet guy, was around a crazy group of people yet he was professional and kind. For us, we are silly and maybe have a hard time being serious and romantic... he got us out of our shell. Some of our guests were even commenting on how awesome he was,... Read More even offering to take pictures for people. I can't wait to see what pictures he put together for us :)

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Bo L

Hiring Eric to be our wedding photographer was the best decision we made. He was flexible and very easy to work with. His passion for photography is clearly shown through his work. The photos we received were absolutely stunning. He took the time to review each and every... Read More photograph before he sent them to me. Additionally, he provided guidance on each location I suggested. When I made a suggestion for a location, he did extensive research and was able to bounce back ideas with me. His photographs speak for themselves. It was an absolute pleasure working with him and I would recommend him to any of my friends preparing for a wedding.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 Daphne K

Finding a photographer while living overseas and planning a wedding in a city I'm unfamiliar with was quite a challenge. I scoured reviews, but what really made me choose Eric was his style, responsiveness and availability. He was extremely fast to respond, and checked in a few... Read More times over the months leading up to the big day and provided great suggestions. In addition, his prices are very reasonable! The day of, he was right on time and had plenty of ideas of where to shoot and how to pose. He really made us feel comfortable and fit right in with our guests. It was such a pleasure working with him and I highly recommend him for your wedding! All the best!

2017-06-20T20:49:59 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much. I totally understood how hard it was to find a photographer while you were living overseas. I was very glad that I could be helpful. Thank you so much.

Reviewed on 4/11/2017 S E

Eric was great! Our photos came out beautiful, and because of his artistic viewpoint, more unique than most other wedding photos I have seen :) Very highly recommended!!!

Eric Lee

Published twice on National Geographic Daily Photo Section. Published my Inidian Holi Festival photos on UNESCO Magazine. Awarded Many for my Humanitarian projects from many international Contests Exhibited in Athens, Greece in 2015 Exhibited in London, UK 2016 Participated in Pancake and Booze in DC 2017