Elegant Cheese Cakes LLC

Half Moon Bay, CA

Since 1988, Elegant Cheese Cakes® has specialized in exquisite wedding and celebration cakes. Susan Morgan and her team of artisans adorn cheesecakes and traditional desserts with intricate hand-sculpted chocolate. Whether it's a stack of edible presents or towers of glorious handcrafted flowers, you'll wonder how something so beautiful could be so delicious!

$$$$ – Expensive

Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

103 Harvard Avenue, Half Moon Bay, CA

She blew us away! Beautiful & Delicious!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Shanna P

We book Susan to design a cake almost a year before our wedding. When we did our tasting, we decided to do two different cake flights to give our guests some variety. If you can do the cake flights, do it, your guests will love it! Working with Susan was great, I sent her... Read More photos and she them drew up a bunch of different designs. Whether it was by phone or e-mail, she was very receptive to any feedback that I had. She always wanted to make sure the cake was exactly what we wanted. As we got closer to the wedding, I gave her some artistic license to "make it fabulous," and she did. On our wedding day, we were in shock on how beautiful the cake was, and is tasted fantastic! I got so many compliments on how beautiful it was, and how great it tastes. Susan sent us home with a mini cake too!

A super hit

Reviewed on 7/08/2013 Molly B

So many of my friends had used Elegant Cheesecake for their weddings over the years and I simply couldn't wait for my turn. Just thinking of my cake makes me wanting more. So yummy! Working with Elegant Cheesecake was easy. They are such pros. We had our choices made up... Read More before we met with them so we were in and out fast. It is a bit on the pricey side but when folks tell you its the best cake they've every had then it makes it all worth it. We cut our sizes down by half and it was perfect. It saved money and it gave people a chance to try multiple layers without waisting cake. Loved my cake! Super yum.

Beautiful and delicious

Reviewed on 6/09/2013 Jesse F

Susan made the most BEAUTIFUL and DELICIOUS cake ever for our wedding! A month later guests are still telling me how amazing the cake was, and I can't wait for our anniversary cake! My husband is French and generally hates American cake, so I was about to give up on having an... Read More American wedding cake until we went to the tasting at Elegant Cheesecakes. We both loved the Champagne white chocolate cake with chantilly and fresh strawberries. She has so many amazing options, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/04/2016 Collin S

Hands down the best and most beautiful wedding cakes ever! My venue provided me a list of 3 cake vendors to choose from and it was such an easy choice after meeting Susan and tasting her cakes. She is very particular about her ingredients and uses real chocolate instead of... Read More fondant! Typically I have found most wedding cakes to be more beautiful than they are tasty but Susan's cakes are truly delicious works of art! She also ships you a mini wedding cake on your first year anniversary so that you don't have to celebrate with year old frozen cake :) Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 4/05/2016 Chris J

Wow!!! We got married at the Westin SF and chose to go with Susan @ Elegant Cheese Cakes and boy did we make the right choice. From the minute we sat down in the cute Half Moon Bay shop until cutting into the glorious and beautiful cake, the whole experience of working with... Read More Susan was spectacular. We went with the flight of cake and it all tasted perfect. I don't know why anyone would want to use anyone else. The design?!?! She captured everything my wife and I wanted, which was simple and elegant but unique. She nailed it! Our guests are still talking about the cake 4 months later!! Bravo to Elegant Cheese Cakes at being masters of your craft!

Reviewed on 3/09/2016 GG R

Susan’s cakes are incredible pieces of art that look beautiful and also taste delectable. We first met Susan when she hosted a cake tasting at her home in Sonoma. She was able to accommodate all 6 of us, and gave us plenty of cake and even provided some delicious cake pops and... Read More coffee for the whole group. After tasting the sample of cakes, we immediately knew that we wanted her to make our wedding cake. Although the company is called Elegant Cheesecakes, her traditional cake is amazing. We decided to go with the flight of cakes, where you can choose 3 different frostings and 3 flavors that are incorporated into one slice – this was great as guests did not need to fight over who got what flavor. During the tasting, she provided us with ideas that she had used for past cakes and took the time to understand what we were aesthetically looking for in our cake. That evening, she emailed us a sketch of the cake design. The tasting was a wonderful experience and made us feel at ease. When we saw our cake the day of the wedding, we were very impressed. It must have taken her hours to handcraft the white chocolate roses that garnished our cake. Even further, for the monogrammed piece, she meticulously wrote our initials using the same font we used in our invitations. Another aspect we really like about Elegant Cheesecakes is the present cake - a smaller, separate cake that Susan gives the bride and groom to enjoy the night of the wedding. Even further, she gives a complementary cake to celebrate the bride and groom’s 1 year wedding anniversary. Overall, the fact that we often find ourselves craving her cake should attest to how amazing her creations are.

Reviewed on 2/26/2016 Natalia N

Our wedding cake was a masterpiece and will be something we talk about for years to come. It was a pleasure working with Susan, from our first cake tasting to the final design of our piece of edible art. All of our guests were in heaven, from the fresh raspberries, chantilly... Read More cream, decadent chocolate, to her unique pistachio. We still have guests asking about our wedding cake! Thank you, Susan for all your time and effort on making such a big day for us turn out so delicious! Can't wait for 10/9/16 to have some more!

Best wedding cake ever

Reviewed on 11/14/2015

We'd been to a friends wedding about 5 years ago and one of the things I'd remembered was they had the best wedding cake Id ever had. We knew elegant cheese cakes had to be one of our cake tasting stops. I was in love with how they offered their "flight cake." We were able to... Read More order three amazing flavors all in one slice. Sure, other companies offer different flavors per tier. But this was the best. You were able to have each flavor in every slice. I highly recommend the pastacchoi with mango curd. Sounds crazy, but it is such an exotic taste! And of course you cannot go wrong with chocolate decadence. Our third flavor was white cake with fresh bananas. I loved the banana part but the cake part of this flavor was probably my least favorite. But still good. All and all Susan was easy to work with and very available. We ended up with a beautiful cake at a great price. Not only does she offer a take home cake for the bride and groom but she also makes sure you receive one on your one year anniversary. I cannot wait to taste a piece of our wedding day again! Simply delicious!

Best Cake Ever!!

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Thank you Susan, at Elegant Cheese Cakes, for your part in helping to make our wedding absolutely perfect! Our cake was just fabulous. Susan did a wonderful job of taking my vision to create the most beautiful, vintage themed wedding cake for us. The artisitic design and work... Read More on the magnolia flower that was all done by hand was exquisite. And, underneath the flawless packaging, was a cake that delivered on all points for taste....moist, fresh and flavorful, decadent! We still dream about it! Our guests all had the same feedback...best wedding cake EVER! We recommend the "flight" of flavors, but you can't go wrong with any of their flavor profiles. We are looking forward to a repeat performance....only 10 more months!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa C

Our wedding cake was absolutely amazing. We got so many compliments on our wedding cake. The decoration was everything we wanted and more. Simple, elegant but still had beautiful and intricate details. The cake tasted amazing. This is the first time we saw a 3-flight cake. We... Read More choose 3 separate flavors and she was able to get them all in 1 slice of cake so all of our guests could have 3 different flavors. Our whole experience with Susan was absolutely amazing from our tasting to the design of our cake. She is so easy to work with and really listens to what your ideal wedding cake looks like and tastes. Her handmade flowers are absolutely gorgeous. We were so happy with our wedding cake- we will definitely use her for any other cake needs.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Melissa C

High Praise

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 jennifer p

I chose Elegant Cheesecakes blindly based on the recommendation of the Ritz Carlton @ Half Moon Bay (we are from Chicago and had a destination wedding there). I spoke with Susan a number of times on the phone and we were able to come up with a plan for our design and flavors... Read More based on the information I gave her about our very small wedding. Not only was she able to design a BEAUTIFUL cake on a small scale, but the flavors of her cakes were AMAZING. In fact, they were so good that I actually ate the cheesecake for breakfast every day of our honeymoon because I couldn't bear to think of that delicious cheesecake going in the garbage. I would recommend Elegant Cheesecakes every day of the week and twice on Sunday's. They were THAT good. In fact, we are thinking of going back for our 1st anniversary just so we can have more of her fabulous cheesecake!!

1 year later...

Reviewed on 8/13/2015 Cynthia T

One of my most memorable moments during our wedding was our magnificent cake by Susan. We attempted to save some cake for our anniversary but failed... We couldn't wait a full year to reminisce our delicious cake. Luckily, Susan takes care of that with an anniversary cake! Her... Read More cakes are memorably delicious, creative in flavoring and artistry, and she was amazingly available despite her high demand. Choosing Elegant Cheesecakes was the easiest decision we made for our wedding!

BEST WEDDING CAKE!!!

Reviewed on 6/21/2015 Lauren S

Best.Wedding.Cake.Ever.....Best.Cake.Ever! Seriously, Susan makes the most delicious wedding cakes! I work in the wedding industry and unfortunately (or fortunately) get to taste several (like a lot) of cakes each year. When I started planning my personal wedding, I knew I... Read More wanted Elegant Cheesecakes to make our cake! Their flight cake is something unlike any other wedding cake...who wouldn't want pistachio cake, cheesecake, orangesicle creme fraiche, fresh strawberries and raspberries and a peanut brittle crunch all in one slice of cake!?!?! When couples say "no one eats the wedding cake"....well that's simply because they've never tried Susan's cakes. If you're looking for a cake that people will eat and rave about, look no further!

Elegant Romantic Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 6/11/2015 Monique M

Susan created a wonderful wedding cake for us! it was a dream cake. she spent time with us to design the cake, was very attentive to what we did and did not want. She had great ideas. The cake was delicious, moist and full of flavor. she does not use fondant that is why we... Read More went with her. She uses white chocolate. It was a little steep in price but worth every penny. we had a lot of family and friends compliment the cake. We did a flight and it looked so elegant when it was served on the plate. We had 3 wonderful flavors that we created ourselves at the tasting. we cant wait to receive our one year anniversary cake. Thank You Susan and Elegant Cheese Cakes for making our dream wedding cake a reality! Mrs. Monique Tunc

Best Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 12/01/2014

My beautiful wife had one main request for our wedding, a delicious wedding cake. Your cake far exceeded our expectations! All our guests agreed that it was the best wedding cake ever. The cake was rich and made of the freshest ingredients. There were no shortcuts, even the... Read More icing was made of real chocolate instead of marzipan.

Amazing Wedding Cake

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Lindsay C

We had a destination wedding in Half Moon Bay and were so lucky to have an amazing wedding cake made locally. We selected a white chocolate cheesecake and chocolate chips with a hint of Irish Cream on a chocolate crust and a champagne infused white chocolate butter cake with... Read More fresh Chantilly cream and fresh raspberries. Both were fantastic and our guests loved our cake!

Unique cakes, incredible taste and design

Reviewed on 10/16/2014 Charles A

Delicious, unique, incredible – words cannot describe how good the cheesecakes by Susan and team at Elegant Cheesecakes are! We recently got married and Elegant Cheesecakes was one of three vendors that our venue worked with. We tried all three, and Elegant Cheesecakes tasted... Read More the best – by far! Susan worked with us to design the perfect cake for us. We don’t like fondant, so had white chocolate on the outside. We had a beautiful SF skyline. And the cake… well, it was something else! We had a ‘flight’ cake – cheesecake on the bottom, then two different types of cake on top, and fillings between including lemon curd, strawberries and cream, etc. I certainly had never been to a wedding with a cake like this, and from the rave reviews we got from our guests it appears not many people have! If you have the opportunity to get a cake from Elegant Cheesecakes you must do it!

Delicious & beautiful

Reviewed on 6/14/2012 Cate J

I'm sure everyone loves their own wedding cake, but no joke, our wedding cake was the most delicious and beautiful cake we've ever had/ seen. I should also say that I don't normally like cake. Or at least that's what I thought until we had our tasting! I'll repeat:... Read More DELICIOUS. We had a "flight" and even though Susan didn't originally think carrot cake would go with lemon, coconut, and champagne cakes she let us do it anyway and it was truly amazing. A cake-aficionado friend asked the kitchen at our wedding for seconds. Plus, the whole thing looked amazing. We were planning our San Francisco wedding from New York City, and wanted to incorporate the city skylines (plus Philadelphia where we went to school and met) as a theme. We got so many compliments on how gorgeous it was! The whole thing was topped with the Philadelphia Love statue as a great touch. Lucky for us, cake from Elegant Cheese Cakes was included in our wedding venue's package. I only wish I could afford to order cake from them more regularly!

Wedding Cake to Die For

Reviewed on 7/07/2011 Jessica H

Our wedding cake was absolutely fantastic! Susan worked with us from the beginning to set the design, gave us her creative insights and delivered the most amazing cake. We were never worried and trusted her completely. We opted for the flight since it was so unique. The cake... Read More flight has all the different cake layers on top of eachother so our guests were able to sample each flavor! Genius! Our flavors were: pistacio butter cake w/orange sickle cream and fresh strawberries in chantilly cream, champagne infused butter cake and mocha swirl cookie crust. Im telling you, the cake was truly delicious. It wasn't overly sweet, light and flavorful. Usually wedding cakes aren't...that's what I always thought anyway. Susan is a sweetheart and is passionate about the art of cake design! Our cake was beautiful and decadent. Seriously. If only I can upload a photo! It was an oval, four tier, pink and gold cake with delicate florals, gold filigree adornments, and our monogram. Thank you Susan! We can't wait for our anniversary cake next year! Oh did I mention your cake comes with a day after mini cake AND an anniversary cake? How can you beat that?