Elegant Designs by Joy

Long Island: Deer Park, North Babylon, Babylon,West Islip, B

It's your day, let us make your dreams come true..

Beautiful & Unique Floral Designs are what we are all about.. Making Your Visions & dreams our Inspiration. Creating something special just for you, we love doing different & creating amazing touches for your wedding. See Our Reviews & Find out what all the buzz is. Call Us Now (631) 446-4600

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Flower Girl Baskets, Pedestals, Plants, Vases, Chuppah, Wedding Arch, Wedding Decoration Delivery, Wedding Decoration Setup, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Corsages, Flower Alternatives, Flower Delivery + Setup, Flower Preservation, Flower Arrangements

545 Main St, Islip, NY
Long Island: Deer Park, North Babylon, Babylon,West Islip, B

Completely Magical!

Reviewed on 11/14/2015 Tiffany Joy V

I simply do not have enough kind words to say about Joy and ELEGANT DESIGNS BY JOY. From start to finish Joy took to heart my vision and made it come true. I have recommended her to everyone I know and will continue to seek out her services for all future events. Our Wedding... Read More was on Friday, Oct 23, 2015 at Stonebridge Golf and Country Club. It was a gorgeous Autumn day that was further accented by the beautiful pieces Joy created. The theme of our wedding was "books and love stories". My bouquet had book page roses dotted through with gold baby's breath and "free spirit" roses. It was exactly what I had been envisioning all along and when I saw it come to life... I teared up. My girls wore dark plum gowns and the bouquets Joy created with sunflowers and autumn blooms in yellows, oranges, and purples just popped in every photo. The girls were obsessed with their bouquets and with good reason, not only were they absolutely gorgeous but they were light weight enough for them to be comfortable holding throughout pictures and the ceremony. My bridesmen and groomsmen had the most unusual and ornate boutonnieres that incorporated fiddle-head ferns, and the groom had a book page rose incorporated into his design. The ceremony took place in an altar covered in blooms and the reception/cocktail area were also full of gorgeous, lush and beautiful flowers in an amazing variety of shades. I absolutely loved the use of hydrangeas within our centerpieces as they have long been a favorite of mine! It seemed that within every decision and every detail Joy had my best interests in mind and stayed completely true to the vision I had. Every guest noticed and appreciated the beauty of it all. I cannot thank Joy and her team enough for all that they did to ensure I had a perfect day! I could not be happier!

Stunning Work

Reviewed on 9/28/2015

Joy is very professional and my husband and I both loved working with her. She was responsive and easy to work with. She got all of the details right. She went above and beyond our expectations. We had our dream wedding day and Joy played a very special part. Her work is... Read More creative and everything turned out incredibly beautiful! The flower bouquets and arrangements were gorgeous. We recommended her to a friend already who saw her work at our wedding.

2015-09-29T10:00:45 Response from the vendor

We are really lucky to have such great couple's to work with. Every couple is different & we love to pull your idea's & our together to make a beautiful day. Sending friends are way & posting reviews, Is a huge! Thank You.. Joy

The best decision we made!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015

Working with Joy for our wedding was such a pleasure! She really loves what she does and it shows! Our flowers looked amazing!! From our first meeting she immediately got our vision and went above and beyond what we could have hoped for. I am still in awe even now almost a week... Read More later as I look at my bouquet in my kitchen! :) We had to move our dinner inside that day due to weather and she transformed the dining room with her beautiful centerpieces. Even our bathroom arrangements were spectacular! She even added some special touches that we didn't ask for such as throwing rose petals down the aisle at our ceremony site which looked incredible. Everyone at our wedding was in awe. We've never seen anything look so elegant, so romantic, so perfect. She worked within our budget and went above and beyond! Thank you for making our day so very special! I would recommend Joy to anyone that is getting married (and already have! ).

Wedding Florist

Reviewed on 11/20/2015 Hannah F

Absolutely beautiful! Joy and her team were so perfect! They were incredibly creative and so helpful with creating the ideas I had for my wedding! They were exactly on time the day of and everything ran perfectly smooth! The thoughtfulness and beautiful flowers made my wedding... Read More that much more fantastic! I would highly recommend Joy and her team for any occasion! Fabulous work with beautiful flowers! Thank you :)

2015-11-21T09:46:33 Response from the vendor

Our pleasure Hannah, loved working with you & we really enjoy it when a couple gives us that little bit of play room being able to pull your idea's with our creative touches,& making it just what you hoped for.

Reviewed on 11/20/2015

I went to Joy so my small intimate wedding would feel special and it most certainly did. I did not have to worry about a thing the day of and everything looked amazing from the special draping she made for us to say our vows under to the woodsy centerpieces on the tables. I... Read More received so many compliments!

A new love for flowers.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Valerie P

I cannot begin to describe the pure beauty that is Elegant Design by Joy. Now try to understand that as someone who is ALLERGIC to flowers, this part of planning our wedding came very low on the totem pole. All we wanted was a centerpiece for each table, bouquets for our girls... Read More and boutonnieres for our men. Joy had told me that any extras I had bought on my own she would gladly set up. Let me tell you something, Joy managed to take our very fake and artificial fall foliage purchased at Christmas tree shop and turn them into something out of a fairy tale. Saying my jaw dropped would be an understatement. And to put the icing on the cake, the day before our wedding I received an email from Joy stating nothing other than wishing me a stress free day. Purely selfless and so professional. Day of our wedding Joy arrived and did everything without me even knowing. After she was done she personally hand delivered mine and my girls bouquets to our bridal suite. 7 including my own, and on her own adding a special touch to my sisters. Our main centerpiece arrangements were breathtaking. They were a compilation of fall floral with greenery all coming out of a pumpkin. PERFECT for fall! If i EVER need floral arrangements i will certainly look no farther. This is one business that deserves every award they've won and then some. THANK YOU JOY!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Alexa G

Joy was recommended to me by a close friend who had just recently used her for her wedding. I was lucky enough to see first hand how Joy and her team work with their brides as well as the execution. After tagging along for my friends appointment, I knew right away that Joy was... Read More not like all the other florists out there and I had to book her! She really listens to your vision and adds her personal advice to help bring it all together. During our appointments she takes her time in really seeing what my style was and the arrangement of flowers I wanted (even though everyone I wanted was not in season) she was able to show me work a rounds that looked identical! I was beyond thrilled with my bouquet as well as all my bridesmaids and Mother's flower bracelet in place of a corsage . I must have shown her 20+ photos, and from them she was able to pull together a beautiful floral arrangement that was right on point with my wedding style. As for my venue, she went above and beyond! My mantel looked gorgeous, people are still talking about it as well as all the floral arrangements throughout the day/night. I am so happy that I got to work with someone who really is passionate about what she does and puts her heart into everything. If you are looking for a florist who will bring your vision to life within your budget, Elegant Designs by Joy is the place to book! I look forward to working with Joy again soon!!

August 30th wedding

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Jennifer C

Joy was a pleasure to work with. She knew I had a budget and had lots of great ideas. I know nothing about flowers, so her guidance was essential. I had an early wedding and she had no problem delivering the flowers at 8am! The centerpieces were beautiful, the bouquets were... Read More perfect, and the ceremony flowers in vases were even more stunning. My guests couldn't wait to take them home! Thanks again Joy!

Thanks Joy!

Reviewed on 9/09/2015

After visiting a few florists on LI I walked into Joy's store. What I loved most about her is she never asked what my budget was- she simply asked what I was looking for and how she could make my wedding great- after listening and offering up some great ideas she gave me a quote... Read More which was actually FAR less then any other florist. Other florists wanted to charge hundreds to decorate my cake Joy said " oh yea .. i will make sure it looks perfect by the time i leave- i will just bring some extra flowers" and it looked perfect! Thanks Joy! Jaime & Joe

Joy- is- AMAZING!

Reviewed on 8/29/2015

I could not think of enough words to describe how AMAZING our experience with Elegant Designs by Joy was. We came to Joy after we were put off by a few other local florists and could not be more thankful that we stumbled into her shop. We did not have an appointment but Joy... Read More still managed to take time out of her busy day to sit with us and help us visualize what we wanted our arrangements to look like. She was able to take our scattered vision and turn it into truly beautiful pieces of art. She offered suggestions that allowed us to still get what we wanted, all while remaining within our budget. I can go on and on about Joy's work because it exceeded all of our expectations and made our day even more special but what honestly made this planning process enjoyable and comforting was Joy's calming, caring, creative, friendly disposition. She made it so easy to express our ideas and to make us feel like we were the only customers she had, even though she was SWAMPED! She made us feel like we were family. Choosing Elegant Designs by Joy might have been the best vendor decision we made through our entire planning process. If you use Joy, you will not be disappointed!

2015-08-29T17:23:53 Response from the vendor

Thank You soooo much, We love all our couple's & it's who we are, we all love what we do & it's clients like you that make us keep pushing to do what we love to do.

Daughter's Wedding

Reviewed on 8/24/2015

We had visited other florists, but I believed it was important to feel a certain level of trust, and I just wasn't getting it from them. This was to be my daughter's wedding and if something didn't look the way I wanted, I could not go back and do it over again. Right from the... Read More start, I liked Joy and her shop. I felt right at home among the flowers and knick knacks. I knew what my daughter wanted and she let me take the lead. With a handful of pictures from pinterest and the rest dreamed up in my head, Joy brought our vision to reality. My daughter wanted everything to have an ombre effect, and her colors were purple and teal. I found the teal accessories and Joy brought every shade of purple she could get her hands on! The results were spectacular! We are still getting compliments from guests. They could not believe the attention to detail. Joy and her staff did an amazing job, from the arbor, to the entry, to the bouquets and finally the stunning reception tent. We were blown away. Bravo Joy and thank you for making my daughter's wedding everything I had hoped it would be.

Reviewed on 8/11/2015 Kate M

Joy has been a true JOY to work with! After sitting with her a couple of times to go over my vision and needs, she was open to change and took my ideas and made them even better. The best way to describe Elegant Designs by Joy is Pinterest on steroids, Anthropologie in a flower... Read More shop, and a whimsical wonderland of flowers, candles, and crystals. This business completely surpassed my expectations! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

2015-08-12T09:47:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you, we strive to be just a little different, & put our heart fully into our work, This has to be the Best description of us!

Great to work with!

Reviewed on 7/21/2015 Kerry M

I was planning my wedding from California and I was only in NY for a few days, I walked in to Joys store my last day in NY. She was just about to close but was willing to stay open late for me so we could talk about different floral arrangements. She listened to my budget and... Read More what kind of flowers I was thinking about. From there she put together some great ideas. She was very easy to work with and pretty flexible with my payments since I was doing everything from 3,000 miles away. Joy only books one event a day to make sure you get the attention you deserve so make sure you don't wait to book her!

The best!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Danielle F

It was such a pleasure to work with Joy! She is very passionate about her work and it really shows. I am so thankful that I found her, because once I did I knew I had nothing to worry about. She took my design and vision and brought it to reality on our wedding day. We had... Read More planned for an outdoor ceremony, but on the day of the wedding it decided to rain. Well, without any issue Joy took all the flowers that were to be used for our pergola and decorated the mantle so beautifully I almost forgot we were supposed to get married outside. Thank you, Joy for making our wedding day amazingly beautiful! You're the absolute best!

Fabulous Flowers & Amazing People

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Jillian A

Elegant Flowers by Joy was right from the very start! As soon as we met with Joy she knew exactly what I wanted by me only saying a few words. I told her I loved the rustic feel and my girls' dresses were pink and she whipped something together really quick just for me to see... Read More and it took my breath away. It was just what I wanted. I knew everything would be great from that moment. Everything was taken care of by Joy as we proceeded and she answered all of my questions along the way. At our final meeting she was very flexible with some of the changes and additions I had wanted. The day of the wedding she delivered the flowers to my house and the reception location as well as the church. When everyone saw the flowers they were in awe of how well the matched the whole theme/colors of the wedding. We received so many compliments the day of and I would most definitely use Joy again for any occasion. She made us feel like we were her top priority and special to her. Her work is a piece of art.

Perfect Wedding

Reviewed on 7/02/2015

The florest from my daughter's wedding, Joy of Elegant Designs, was so very, very good. She stayed within budget, arrived on time, managed to create the exact floral atmosphere my daughter imagined, and was a pleasure to deal with. I'm sure that for her flowers are a labor of... Read More love. She also brought extra arrangements and loaned us lovely lanterns for atmosphere. Her arrangements are beautiful and still alive days later. She will always be by number one pick for any occasion that calls for that special touch.

Love, love, love Elegant Designs!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015

Before I was even engaged I was stalking Elegant Designs by Joy on facebook! I swooned over the gorgeous flowers, centerpieces, and bouquets that are posted weekly. When it was my time to pick my vendors I knew I would be using Joy. From our first meeting she was an absolute... Read More doll to work with. She took into account everything we wanted and turned my vision into a reality. I loved having someone so experienced with weddings to bounce ideas off of with our tables, linens, etc. She helped me design everything so it looked perfect with the flower colors and centerpieces. We had purchased tall candelabras to use for our vintage theme and after getting them we were so nervous they would tip over in the middle of our reception! Joy played with them for weeks before our wedding and made them look absolutely gorgeous with flowers and greens and made sure they would be perfect (and wouldn't tip over!). So many people called me after our wedding to say how unique the centerpieces were and how gorgeous they looked. Our bouquets were gorgeous and looked perfect even at the end of the day. Joy also decorated our ceremony, it was so elegant and she stuck to our vintage theme perfectly. I would highly recommend Joy for anyone who is looking for a wedding florist, they were super affordable and we really felt she went above and beyond to make our special day perfect.

Working with Joy was a Joy

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

Working with Joy was a pleasure. When I first met Joy I was not sure of what exactly I wanted. All I knew was I wanted yellow flowers, I wanted a cascade bouquet for myself, I wanted all my bridesmaids to each have a different type of flower for their bouquet and I knew I wanted... Read More to use blue wine bottles for some of the center pieces (I wanted 3 types of center pieces, one high one low and the wine bottles). Joy was able to work with me to determine what type of flowers would go great for my wedding. She has so much knowledge of flowers and which ones are in season in the spring and summer. You can tell she loves what she does. We originally set the total price for 15 tables. However, I ended up having 17 tables. Joy worked with me so that the additional two tables did not cost me any extra money!!!!!! SHE WAS FANTASTIC. The day of the wedding she arrived to my hotel with the bouquets and then headed to our venue to set up our tables. The room looked gorgeous I loved all the flowers and so did my guest. At the end my guest were able to take the arrangements home with them. It was a great experience working with Joy and I would definitely recommend her to anyone who needs flowers. Thank you Joy for making my day special.

Best Wedding Florist!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015 Sarah G

I must say it was my pleasure to use Elegant Designs by Joy for my wedding. The flowers were perfect in every way and they charged a reasonable price for the services. Joy is very personable and they are certainly not one of those flower shops which run their business like a... Read More factory. They personalize everything to your taste and vision and it was impeccable.A perfect fit to a perfect day!

Blown away!

Reviewed on 6/07/2015 Tara M

Joy was an absolute pleasure to work with. I had come in for our first appointment with an idea of what I wanted for my wedding. I showed her some inspiration pictures and she immediately started pulling flowers from all over her shop to give me an idea of what it would look... Read More like. I told her upfront what my budget was and she gave me a lot of alternatives to make sure I had everything I wanted. Joy was quick to respond to my emails, especially the week before what I was questioning everything! But she calmed my nerves, thank god! As soon as we walked into our venue, I saw the centerpieces and was blown away by the flowers. Everything was beautiful and exactly what I envisioned. My husband and I were so impressed by her hard work and the flowers. THANK YOU SO MUCH JOY!!!!

2015-06-08T11:38:52 Response from the vendor

Our pleasure Tara & Jonathan, We always more than happy to work along with our couple's giving them a look that is fitting to their own style. As far as you getting a little crazy the week before , Hummm haven't heard of that ever... Read Less Read More

One of our best wedding decisions!

Reviewed on 4/26/2015 Elizabeth T

The minute my husband and I met with Joy we knew that she was the florist for us. She whipped up a sample bouquet for me without a single flower suggestion and blew us away. She wasn't pushy and was willing to work with our budget which was super important to us. I knew with... Read More Joy putting together the flowers for my big day I didn't need to stress about a thing and I was right. If you want a stress free day and the confidence of someone who truly loves what she does and does it beautifully... choose Joy to make your bouquets, ceremony location and reception location, and even wedding cake look stunning!

April Bourne Mansion Wedding

Reviewed on 4/24/2015 cassie k

Best florist on Long Island!! Outstanding, wonderful, perfection!! I found Joy after going to quite a few other florist. We had a budget in mind and she was happy to work with us to achieve our look. I immediately felt comfortable with her. We discussed ideas, colors,... Read More flowers, photos and inspiration for hours. I knew she completely understood what I was looking for and knew I could trust her eye. She was extremely helpful with recommendations and is truly there to help her brides. The night of our wedding I was completely floored!!! The centerpieces in the ballroom were absolutely beautiful and even more than I could have imagined. She went above and beyond our expectations. The bouquets and boutineers were perfect! I have already recommended Joy to many friends and plan to use her for years to come. Thank you again Joy!! You made our day even more perfect!

2015-04-25T15:47:25 Response from the vendor

Love being able to bring different idea's to life & with clients like you it's easy to really run with it, Thank You for having us be a part of it all. Our Best to you both, Love, from all of us.

Everything you want in a florist

Reviewed on 3/16/2015 nicole d

I got married a little over a year and a half ago on 9/14/13, and am definitely late with writing a review, but better late than never. I was recommended to Joy by a family member on my husband's side, and as soon as I met her I knew she was who I wanted to work with. I... Read More wasn't a picky bride, had somewhat of a vision of what I wanted, and was prepared with all the milk glass and brass candles for Joy to play with. She understood what kind of bride I was and when I was naming off colors that I wanted to see, she was in her flower cooler pulling out flowers left and right and created the most beautiful bouquet right on the spot as a sample. She is easy to get along, will work with ANY budget, and she is on point, delivered my flowers to the hotel and reception on time. She helped set up the reception, and I had no worries during my day, as we met numerous times to share our visions, and what I expected. I highly, highly recommend her to any Bride, or person for that matter in need of flower arrangements, etc.

Wedding Flowers

Reviewed on 2/28/2015 kerri z

Let me start by just giving a big thank you to Joy for making my wedding day beautiful. Joy really out did herself with my amazing chuppah which brought my ceremony room to life. And my bouquets and centerpiece flowers were amazing. The flowers were so fresh and beautiful and... Read More arranged so nice. Joy really knows her flowers she was great to work with in making my winter wonderland theme wedding come to life. I would recommend her to any bride and will use her for any future events.

Elegant Designs by Joy is Flower Artistry!

Reviewed on 12/01/2014 mary b

Joy is not your typical florist. She works with the bride and completely visualizes the bride's style working with her to bring it to life. She is creative and brings unique ideas and design to everything she does. Including unique flowers! The bouquets, table centerpieces and... Read More all of the floral decor was exactly what we envisioned. Joy is passionate and loves everyone of her brides. You will have a personal experience and be +100% happy working with her. Its a family business and she will treat you as such.

Having a family farm, greenhouse & nursery on L.I., I guess my Love of flowers are just deeply rooted in me. Always having my hands in the growing end of the business, I loved to watch how flowers grew day by day then to be able to work with them, to create arrangements is such a reward. I enjoy to push things just a bit to see how to make things work in different ways. Most people just don't understand really how much work goes into it all. From sitting with a client, coming up with new ideas, researching & ordering, shipments, creating arrangements, delv & set-ups. It's a labor of Love!