Elegant Designs by Joy

(39)

Serving All Of L.I., NY

It's your day, let us make your dreams come true..

Beautiful & Unique Floral Designs are what we are all about.. Making Your Visions & dreams our Inspiration. Creating something special just for you, we love doing different & creating amazing touches for your wedding. See Our Reviews & Find out what all the buzz is. Call Us Now (631) 446-4600

$$

Type

Silk Flowers, Wedding Day Flowers

545 Main St, Serving All Of L.I., NY

Incredibly Talented!

9/20/2014 Angela P

My family has worked with Joy several times, so when it came time to plan our wedding, she was my first (and only!) floral option. From the moment you step into her shop, it is clear she is far beyond your "typical" florist. She is flexible with her designs and thrives when given the freedom to use her creative judgement on what will look best. The pieces she created for us exceeded our expectations. In addition to providing beautiful, unique arrangements, she also acts as an advocate for your wedding style and keeps your best interest in mind. Joy is an incredibly talented artist and should be your best (and only!) choice!

Wedding Flowers

1/31/2015 kerri z

Let me start by just giving a big thank you to Joy for making my wedding day beautiful. Joy really out did herself with my amazing chuppah which brought my ceremony room to life. And my bouquets and centerpiece flowers were amazing. The flowers were so fresh and beautiful and arranged so nice. Joy really knows her flowers she was great to work with in making my winter wonderland theme wedding come to life. I would recommend her to any bride and will use her for any future events.

Elegant Designs by Joy is Flower Artistry!

12/01/2014 mary b

Joy is not your typical florist. She works with the bride and completely visualizes the bride's style working with her to bring it to life. She is creative and brings unique ideas and design to everything she does. Including unique flowers! The bouquets, table centerpieces and all of the floral decor was exactly what we envisioned. Joy is passionate and loves everyone of her brides. You will have a personal experience and be +100% happy working with her. Its a family business and she will treat you as such.

Wedding Flowers

11/28/2014 Tara G

Joy at Elegant Designs did an amazing job with my wedding flowers. Her ability to capture exactly what we wanted and input her own creativity was incredible. I couldn't be happier with how everything came out!

Perfectection!

11/08/2014 Emily B

Joy did such a wonderful job making my entire wedding day beautiful, from the ceremony to the reception! I had so much fun working and brain storming with her about my wedding florals and she did such a great job of bringing my fall wedding vision to life. She truly is a creative and talented florist. I highly recommend!

Loved loved loved my flowers!!

9/12/2014 Tammi L

I cannot say enough wonderful things about Joy and everyone at Elegant Designs by Joy. From the moment my husband and I met her, we knew that we wanted to work with her. She was very sweet, honest and didn't pressure us at all, like some other vendors had. We were on a tight budget and Elegant Designs by Joy was very affordable. Joy was very creative and artistic in putting together absolutely gorgeous centerpieces and bouquets. My husband and I didn't know exactly what we wanted and aren't too familiar with types of flowers. Based on our tastes and the theme of our wedding Joy created the perfect floral arrangements for us. Both Joy and her husband with even stayed at the venue until we arrived to make sure that we were happy with everything. On a side note, my bouquet lasted an entire week after putting it in water! Like I said, I cannot say enough great things about Joy and her staff. I have been recommending her to everyone not only for weddings, but for anytime someone might need flowers. Planning a wedding can be a stressful time, but my mind was definitely at ease concerning our flowers because we chose Joy!

Joy Made our Wedding BEAUTIFUL!

9/05/2014 Arielle G

Joy was so amazing to work with from the first time I stepped foot in her store to our wedding day. She is so enthusiastic about her work and you can tell she truly loves what she does. I showed her pictures and shared my ideas with her and she helped to make our wedding day even better than I imagined. She was so willing to work within out budget, I was shocked at how beautiful the centerpieces were, talk about bang for your buck. Our day would not have been complete without her, our guests were all begging to take home a centerpiece because they were so gorgeous. I even gave my bouquet away to a guest who was disappointed they didn't get a centerpiece to take home! Rave reviews. Thanks for everything joy!

Outstanding

8/29/2014 Melissa H

Elegant Designs did my wedding flowers and I can't tell you how perfect and breathtaking they were! From our first meeting, Elegant Designs knew 100% of what I was asking for and worked with me to get everything I wanted at a very reasonable price! The flowers for the wedding were one of my favorite pieces of it because they were so perfect and beautiful. We got married in August so it was very hot and somewhat muggy and the flowers held up beautifully. Joy has been a pleasure to work with and I recommend her to anyone and everyone getting married! I can't say enough of how perfect the flowers were and how wonderful everyone was to work with. I never once felt pressured into something I didn't want and I always felt that they were trying to give me everything I was looking for within my budget. I really cannot say enough how happy I am!!!

Brilliant!!!

8/23/2014 danielle g

Walking into this quaint little shop in Islip was the fulfillment of our dream come true. My vision for floral arrangements was a little out of the box (enchanted forest), but Joy went above and beyond our expectations. She is a talented and artistic florist, and her designs are craftfully and artistically brought together. She transformed our venue into a delightful forest of ferns and floral greenery. I received countless compliments on the arrangements, and I absolutely started crying when I saw my bouquets and those of my bridesmaids. Joy was professional and communicative, and brought our vision to life with her stunning designs. We couldn't have asked for a better price, as her's was well below competitive standards, but the quality we received was higher than most. Most importantly was that Joy took the vision we explained to her in dialogue, and transformed it into a reality. Her insight was incredible, and gave us everything we asked for and more. I feel silly to write this review because I feel like there are not words to adequately convey our pleasure in choosing this shop. I highly and happily recommend this shop to anyone and everyone!!

Simply Perfect

1/01/1970 Susan C

Joy was a delight to work with and her ability to capture what my daughter asked for was spot on. She worked with her on style as well as budget. Joy beautifully incorporated keepsakes into my daughter's bouquet making it even more special. I would highly recommend her.

Don't bother with other florists if you want something amazing!!

7/29/2014

My brother and his now wife were getting married. My parents decided to have an intimate ceremony to celebrate this wonderful event. I wanted to do something special for my to be sister-in-law, so I chose to get her a bridal bouquet, flowers for her hair, and some flowers for the close relatives who would be a part of the ceremony. I contacted Joy because she had done my wedding flowers a few years earlier and did an absolutely amazing job. I mentioned to her that my brother's wife is from Costa Rica and it would be nice to have some tropical flowers mixed in to her bouquet. I left the rest of what needed to be done in Joy's supremely able hands. On the day of the wedding, Joy arrived with a stunning bouquet of flowers that literally brought my sister-in-law to tears with happiness. She was elated to receive the beautiful flowers. After she proudly carried the flowers in her wedding, she kept them in a vase in their apartment. She told me that they lasted and stayed as gorgeous as they had been on the wedding day for well over a week. I could not more strongly recommend Joy's work. She is creative, accommodating, and does absolutely brilliant work that will make you elated that you passed on all of those terrible flower mills that pump out the same boring bouquets and centerpieces for every event!

Details make the day!

6/14/2014

Our wedding day was beautiful, thanks to Joy. She made up gorgeous bouquets for the bridal party, boutonnières to match, and centerpieces that tied the look together! Since we had an outdoor ceremony, Joy decorated the gazebo with additional ribbon and sunflowers, making the ceremony photos amazing!

Amazing flowers and service!

10/12/2014 Karen M

I was absolutely thrilled with the wonderful service I received from Joy at Elegant Designs. I went in to her shop with little to go on ("purple", "wildflowers", "natural") and she created beautiful masterpieces! The bouquets for myself and the bridesmaids were perfect and she also helped transform our wedding location with her wonderful arrangements. She knew we were on a budget, and put in a lot of extra time (and flowers) anyway. She was so sweet to work with and she was able to make my vision (which was not very well articulated!) into a perfect reality. I would highly recommend her for a wedding or any other event!

More Than Just Elegant!

4/25/2014 Stephanie C

Joy was such a pleasure to work with from our very first meeting! She listened to the ideas I had & ran with them to turn them in to a reality. She helped me incorporate family heirlooms into my bouquet making it truly one of a kind & special. Her expertise shined through as she made suggestions to accommodate both my vision & my budget. The end result were flowers that were more than just elegant - they were breathtaking! From the bouquets, boutonnieres, corsages, and table arrangements we got nothing but compliments on how beautiful the flowers were! Two weeks later & the hydrangeas from the center pieces are still fresh!! Her attention to detail - flowers on the cake & petal details throughout our reception - just proved how much she cares about her customers. I would recommend her again & again for not only weddings but any type of event (she did the floral centerpieces for my bridal shower too!) Thank you so much Joy!! -Stephanie & Alex

Vineyard/rustic/vintage/romantic wedding

5/04/2014 Lisa D

Joy was a pleasure to work with! My husband and I trusted her vision and quality of her work from our very first meeting. She encouraged us to communicate what were looking for, instead of exactly pinpointing every single detail. . We greatly appreciated that. Weddings can be stressful enough, and it was refreshing to work with a vendor that took our ideas and just "ran with them." She is dedicated to her work and captured the spirit of our vineyard wedding perfectly. We highly recommend her for your wedding!

Wedding of our dreams!!

5/01/2014 kristin h

Joy's expertise and service was above and beyond! She was able to capture our vision and gave us the wedding of our dreams. She was extremely detailed and made sure every last detail was PERFECT!! I would highly recommend her services and we are looking forward to having her design other events in the future.

Fabulous

3/26/2014

Joy was such a sweetheart through the entire process! She was always willing to lend a helping hand and made everything exactly how I wanted it. The flowers smelled beautiful! Even the men couldn't get over how pretty they were! I would defiantly recommend Joy to anyone who needs flowers for any occasion!

Kristin and Josh' wedding 3/22/14

3/24/2014

Elegant Designs by Joy- was our floral vendor for my daughters wedding at Carlyle on the Green, Bethpage, NY - Joy's talent- professionalism- dedication, talent- vision and ability to work with her brides is amazing- joy listened to Kristin's wishes- and created the most amazing floral arrangements and bouquets for the wedding- her arrangements filled the beautiful Carlyle glass room with even more beauty- the flowers were fresh- beautiful scents. each one with the finest detail shown- pearls within the bouquets- an gorgeous row of baby's breaths along a mantle was created- the tall glass vases on each table with crystal- candles to even further enhance the arrangements were so so amazing- we truly recommend Joy and her team- Elegant Designs by Joy in E Islip to everyone- we love her!!!!!!!

Mrs Kathleen Gallagher

2/14/2014

Joy worked with my daughter and created the perfect bridal bouquet. She captured all of the style and taste of the bride. The flowers were beautiful and the colors were perfect. The accents and details that Joy added were exquisite! I highly recommend Elegant Designs by Joy for all special occasions where flowers say it all.

Wedding

1/11/2014

Joy does beautiful work her prices are good and very accommodating I would recommend this florist my hall closed down and she went out of her way to call me and tell me about the closure and was helping me find a new hall :)

Amazing !

12/28/2013 Nina P

The first time we met with Joy, I brought my fiancé, mom and future mother in law. As I was describing my wedding "vision", which was unusual and seemingly bizarre to my family, Joy was on the same page with me throughout the entire conversation. My MiL was not the nicest, making off-the-cuff Comments and it became very frustrating for all- except Joy. She stayed cool and kind and tolerated the unkind comments (my MIL hated my choice in flowers and colors) and continued to show us how to make my vision come alive. Although I knew I wanted to work with Joy from the first moment I met her, my feelings strengthen after I witnessed how she dealt with tense circumstances. She drowned out the negativity and focused on me and my ideas and comments. She carried the remaining trial calmly and made sure all my questions were answered. Joy cares about her customers, she makes them feel comfortable no matter the Issue. This particular experience foreshadowed my entire journey with Joy- from start to finish, it is about the bride. Joy will go to great lengths to make you happy, and to make even the craziest of ideas come alive and still meet your budget She will search high and low for the best quality flowers and will help you with anything you need to make your day seamless and beautiful. My bridesmaid bouquets and centerpieces are still alive- and I was married over a week ago- the flowers are as beautiful as the wedding day. All in all, Joy is a gem. She puts much love, time and patience into each arrangement and will never settle for anything but the best. The flowers are long lasting and even the simplest of arrangements will wow your guests! Perhaps Joy's flowers represent her, too. Simply beautiful; vibrant; charming.

Perfect!

11/16/2013 Donna L

Joy was such a pleasure to work with and we were extremely happy with the flowers. She listened to what we wanted and made it a reality. I would highly recommend Joy if you are looking for fresh, beautiful flowers at the right price. To top it all off, she was so kind, caring and warm which made the experience even better.

Loved my flowers!!!

11/10/2013 Debra F

My husband & I were so happy with our flowers & working with Joy made the whole process so easy & relaxing! We were looking for simple yet beautiful without spending a fortune. Joy was extremely helpful & genuinely cared about what we wanted for our wedding. With all the stress you go through planning a wedding, working with Joy was a nice break from all of it. If you book her, you will not be disappointed!

Wedding

9/15/2013 kelly b

Joy is awesome! She is very easy to work with and will do what she can to make you happy!

Elegant Designs by Joy

8/02/2013

My daughter contracted with Elegant Designs by Joy just 5 months before her wedding in Westhampton Beach. Joy came up with a floral design matching her style and staying within her budget. She supplied various designs for each of the guest tables, bouquets and boutineers for the bridal party and families, and even decorated the arbor and guest seating for the beach ceremony, about which many guests especially made a point expressing their compliments. Her attention to detail and personalized service was unmatched by other potential vendors. We will now use her service for all our floral needs.

Send Email