Capturing Life.

Elevate Photography is a team of photographers that love what we do. Capturing life. We love capturing your most important wedding memories, from the first kiss to the party on the dance floor. Based out of a beautiful studio in Denver, we photograph all of Colorado and beyond.

Other Styles

Trash the Dress

Specialty

Photojournalism

2385 S Downing St, Denver, CO

Beyond Satisfied

Reviewed on 1/10/2011 Merri J

Ryan with Elevate Photography was absolutely wonderful to work with for our wedding photos. Right from the start he was incredibly responsive to emails and phone calls, calling within hours of us submitting an email to schedule a time to meet. Before meeting, we were pretty sure about having Elevate do our wedding photography because we loved our friends’ Graham and Stefanie’s wedding photos. Meeting Ryan and seeing his outstanding portfolio solidified this decision. The day of our wedding, we were impressed when Ryan arrived very early to scope out our mountain venue and find several beautiful backdrops for photos. Throughout the day, he was fun to be around and made us and our entire wedding party feel comfortable. During the ceremony and reception, we barely noticed that Ryan was there, yet it was evident from the photos that he was, as one of our groomsmen put it, “everywhere.” When the reception went longer than expected, he was flexible about staying for more time than originally planned to take more photographs, despite the long, late drive back to Denver from Mount Princeton. When our photos arrived, we were dazzled! Ryan’s photography captured everything from intimate to humorous to artistic. The photos of the two of us were gorgeous, and we were especially pleased by the photos of the wedding party. Having been an attendant in many weddings before, I’ve had to ask myself a few times if I’d actually been in a wedding or two because there were so few shots of the wedding party. Ryan made our wedding party feel that they were an inextricable part of our day, which is true to our relationship with our friends. Equally commendable is the turn-around time for wedding photos at Elevate Photography. Our wedding was December 19th, and our photos were posted online by January 7th. We didn’t even have to wait a month for nearly 600 professionally taken and creatively edited photos. I can’t remember ever seeing a friend’s wedding photos posted so quickly. Ryan even put together a short video of our wedding photos set to music for our friends and family to enjoy on Facebook. We recommend Ryan and Elevate Photography without reservation.

Elveate = Excellent Photography!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Lindsay B

We are so pleased with our wedding photographs! Ryan shot our engagement session, and Ryan and Katie shot our wedding and reception. The photographs reflect our personal style and truly capture the magic of that day. The Elevate team worked with us to create a package that suited our needs, and were fun, professional, and very talented. I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Amazing Colorado Photographers!

Reviewed on 7/25/2010 Kristin P

If I had to describe Elevate Photography in a single word, it would most definitely be amazing! We started our wedding planning process about a year and a half before our May 2010 wedding. We checked out a handful of photographer referrals that we received from friends, coworkers and frankly anyone with an opinion and quickly switched focus to find a photographer that better suited our style. Elevate popped on our radar after seeing a listing on www.theKnot.com; we checked out their portfolio and the search stopped there. Elevate had everything we were looking for: fun, unique and vibrant photos; something that captured our personalities and truly showed what a fun loving couple we are. Best of all, they fit our budget (because when planning a wedding during a recession, this definitely matters). All of the photographers at Elevate are amazingly talented. We specifically worked with Ryan, for both our engagement and wedding photos, and truly can’t say enough good things about him. We could tell from that first meeting that Ryan has a passion for both photography and working with people--we knew that we were making the right decision and wouldn’t be disappointed. Ryan without a doubt surpassed all of our expectations; he was incredibly professional, responsive, provided great feedback based on his experience and was flat out a blast to work with. As for our pictures, they’re just incredible! There’s really no other way to describe them. They’re so far beyond what we were hoping for and it’s completely a result of Ryan’s vision and amazing talent. If I could give the future brides and grooms any advice in planning their wedding, it would be to: a) book Elevate Photography and b) be open and willing to try anything they suggest. If you follow those two guidelines, you will definitely not be disappointed!

Elegant, Awesome, Everything we wanted in our wedding day

Reviewed on 4/15/2015 Jenn C

Love love love these guys!! I swear I spent what seemed like hours perusing the internet and theknot for all the various photographers and looking through their portfolios. After finding a few, I went to Elevate's website and just fell in love with their company even more. Everything was just artistic, stylish, and really zeroed-in on what I was looking for in a photographer to capture the moment of our special day. They offer different packages and we went with one that included our engagement photos and I definitely recommend this route! Not only does it give you a chance to get to know your photographer before the wedding day, but it allows them to get a chance to know what you are looking for in your photos. They really work hard to try to make you happy and get the photos you want. We worked with Ryan and we absolutely LOVED him. He was the BEST photographer we have ever worked with and he was just really down to earth. He was always listening to what we wanted and helped us where we had no clue what to do. They were awesome from start to finish. We actually picked our photographer before we picked our venue, and Ryan even helped email suggestions of some great venues to check out. They really are all about their customer service. I highly recommend them! I know I will be going back to them for any other future photography needs!!

Worth EVERY penny!

Reviewed on 2/15/2015 Amber W

I knew from the first time I saw the photos at Elevate Photography that I wanted them to be the ones to capture our wedding pictures. The photos were so beautiful, I actually teared up. Our engagement photos were exactly what we wanted. Ryan has an amazing eye and made us feel so comfortable that the whole process was fun and easy...despite hitting a little bit of rain! They were so accommodating and loved their shots. We chose a package that allowed us to do a viewing of the photos shot at the wedding at the reception. While I wasn't sold on this part of the package, it ended up being one of my favorite parts about the reception! I can't tell you how many compliments we got on it either saying it really set our wedding apart from any others. I absolutely loved our experience and would recommend them to EVERYONE!!

Beautiful Wedding Photos

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Erica V

Stephanie and McCory at Elevate photographed my wedding this past October and the photos turned out stunning. They were professional and always responded to my emails in a timely manner leading up to the big day and were great the day of, keeping us on out timeline without stressing me out, they were quick and efficient and the photos couldn't have turned out better. I would recommend them to anyone.

WORTH THE MONEY!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Harmony B

We recently got married this past September up in Vail at the Donovan Pavilions. Katie and Ali were our photographers from Elevate and they did such an amazing job on our wedding photos. From the very beginning when Katie said, choose a photographer that you could sit down and have a beer or coffee with, we knew we made the right decision. We had SOOOO many compliments from the day of slide show and from our friends and family on how amazing the photos turned out and how awesome Elevate Photography is. If you are going to spend money on your wedding, you want photos that you can look back on through the years! You won't be disappointed, thank you so much ELEVATE PHOTOGRAPHY for capturing the wedding of our dreams! xoxo Love Daniel and Harmony

Elevate- best in Denver

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kelsey K

At first I was hesitant because Elevate's prices are a little more than some photographers in the area, but you DEFINITELY get what you pay for! Our wedding pictures are a world above any others that I've seen and I'm so happy that Ryan shot both our wedding and engagement photos. They Are perfect, which is surprising for me to say being the big critic that I am. Thanks Elevate!

Loved them!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Krista G

My new husband and I loved Elevate! They were always on top of things and super easy to work with. Not only was the photographers very professional, they gave us some of the most beautiful pictures of our wedding. They have a client for life now!

Thrilled with our experience so far!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Claudia V

From the moment we walked into the studio, we were so impressed with the whole staff. I got a response right away when I emailed initially for a quote/ information, we were seen in less than a week, all pricing was explained thoroughly, and we felt no pressure at all to sign contracts or to do anything at all. Ryan met with us and answered all our questions, gave us advice on venues and ideas for our shoot, and most of all encouraged us to have fun and be ourselves. We left that first meeting feeling excited and we knew right then we'd found our guy. Fast forward a few months later, we worked with Ryan again to arrange our engagement session and he made us feel so comfortable, and he made the experience so much fun. Every time he took a picture, he was squealing with delight and was showing us proofs along the way to make sure we were getting what we wanted. Our wedding is next year and so far, I couldn't be happier with Elevate and Ryan. Thank you SO much for what you do. You captured us so beautifully and I can't wait to see the magic you capture through your lens durning our wedding! Cheers!

A Perfect Match

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Alexa B

I am person that in everything I do I like to do it the best I possibly can the first time around. Man did I hit the jackpot with Ryan and Elevate. I was looking for a photographer that would give me stunning photos to treasure forever as memories because I was not doing a video. I wanted non traditional photos that stood out and Ryan delivered. He took my vision and gave me more than I had hoped for! I cannot say enough good things about this group. They are professional and they listen to your vision. They make the whole process fun and make you feel incredibly special. Worth every penny we spent. My wedding was many things but one of the highlights was the slide show it really stood out as being something different and the guests loved it. Adding extra hours on to our package allowed us to capture some stunning moments and take our time with photos and enjoy the moments. It was the most perfect day and it was captured by Ryan and his team. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Elevate Photography is worth every penny

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Meghan S

Elevate Photography is amazing. We had our engagement and wedding photos done by Katie. Katie makes the whole process enjoyable, by laughing, having fun, and making us feel super comfortable. Katie is amazing with natural light and all her photos look perfect even before they are edited. We couldn't have been happier to have her shoot our wedding! We are officially clients for life.

Best pictures ever!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Shannon R

I don't know how many ways I can say that this was the best fit all around. Katie and Alli were incredible. The whole experience was seamless. We did our engagement shoot in Morrison and then at a brewery by our house and everything looked great. The wedding pictures are still being edited but we are super excited to see all of them. I am so glad we took our catering managers advice to use Elevate!!

Just what we were looking for!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Courtney C

My husband and I worked with Katie at Elevate and she was just awesome! The service they provided was very professional and they have the cutest suite in Denver. They were a little on the pricey side, but if you want good quality photos for your wedding, this is the place to go! In terms of pictures, our photographers knew what they were doing and had a good eye for things. My husband and I feel like we couldn't have picked a better photographer. We recommend Elevate to anyone that wants great pictures from their wedding!

Photos that will knock your socks off

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 jamie d

Elevate Photography came highly recommended to us to by several friends who had used them for senior pictures and weddings in years past. As a bridesmaid, I saw firsthand the quality, attention to detail, and ability to capture those extra special moments that take place behind the scenes of a wedding. Therefore, before I was even engaged, I knew that I wanted Elevate to do our wedding photos. My fiance and I met with Ryan, who did not have to say much to convince us that we were a good match - he's laid back, funny, treats you like a friend, and is patient with the hundreds of worries and questions that every bride experiences at some point in the planning stages. The portfolio of his work doesn't even scratch the surface of how talented he is as a wedding photographer. For our engagement shoot, Ryan recommended capturing a piece of Colorado - taking us to the Evergreen Lake House for hot chocolate and ice skating. Ryan didn't hestitate to fight the wind and scaled the snowy side of a mountain for us to protect us from the wind...and well, the pictures were worth it! On the day of our wedding, Ryan arrived on time and immediately starting scoping out places to take photos of the girls getting ready and all those day-of details, like putting on your dress, jewelry, shoes, etc. Ryan captured a blind first look with my fiance in Washington Park - a special place for the two of us and the place were we got engaged. From the ceremony to the reception, Ryan was there in the background with his crew to document the memories. Our venue at the Studios at Overland Crossing allowed us to get a sunset photo from the rooftop...once again, Ryan was game for trying something new. But the fun didn't stop there. Have you ever seen a bride and groom pose for a photo with a skeleton? We hadn't either, but that didn't stop Ryan from setting up the perfect photo opportunity with a skeleton and the original boiler in our reception venue. (Before becoming an event space, the Studios at Overland Crossing used to be the home of Denver's original boiler manufacturer; so the photo captured the essence of our venue and made for an interesting story to share.) Above all of this, hands down, my favorite thing about Elevate Photography's style is the day-of slideshow that they play during the reception. It gives your guests an opportunity to see all the fun you had leading up to the wedding. Often, the majority of your guests never have an opportunity to see those photos, so this is a nice capstone of the event. Our family and friends are still raving about it and couldn't say enough wonderful things about our photographer! So, if you are considering a photographer for your upcoming wedding, you really can't go wrong with anyone from the Elevate Photography studio!! They are all seasoned professionals and make you feel like part of the "family" the minute you walk through their studio doors. And now, as clients-for-life, my husband and I plan to capture many more memories down the road with our friends at Elevate. Happy wedding planning!

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Alexis B

Words cannot express how amazing it was to work with Elevate Photography. We first met with Stephanie at our consultation and immediately knew she was the one to capture our special day. We had such a good time at our engagement photo session that we knew we were in amazing hands for the big day. Stephanie, Katie & Lydia were simply put...amazing! Their attention to detail was unbelievable. They did an amazing job capturing all the moments we will always remember from that special day. I really appreciate their flexibility in working to meet our needs on that day and provide us with the best possible memories of our big day! We have received so many compliments on our photos. We look forward to working with Elevate in the coming years to capture more memories! Alexis & Aaron Nead

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

We worked with Jo for our photos and all I can say is WOW! This girl ROCKS! Awesome personality and man does she have an eye for photography!!!! We knew from the moment we met her that we would really click with her. She was a dream to work with. I was blown away by our engagement photos. So far we have only seen a preview of our wedding photos but my goodness they are more than I could have ever imagined. The second shooter she brought with for the day off was awesome too. Very kind and fun. We are laid back people with fun, goofy personalities and they both meshed very well with us. Jo was even able to tame our crazy wedding party and that was definitely a feat!!!! Elevate is a little on the pricey side but I'm a firm believer in "you get what you pay for". This was one area I didn't mind splurging in. The photos are the only thing you really have once the wedding is said and done. I'm so glad I picked Elevate to work with. Especially Jo. WORTH EVERY PENNY! THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN JO!!!!!!!!

Elevate Encore session, 4 days after wedding

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Helena W

My new husband and I did an Encore session with Elevate 4 days after we were married. It was PERFECT! We didn't have time the day of the wedding to get the photos that we had wanted in the mountains near my home and had been worried about ruining my dress as well. After the wedding it didn't matter! Ryan came onsite with an assitant and did 2 hours of photographs in all the locations we wanted. He even went over a tiny bit when some beautiful pink clouds rolled in that we couldn't pass up. Very professional and gracious. Can't recommend them enough. Also VERY affordable for the session. You still have to purchase the images or the prints but can pick and choose. You don't get as many images as you would during your wedding but nearly every one was a winner!

Love!

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Aine D

Katie & Jo at Elevate are absolutely amazing! I cannot say enough good things about them, both as people & professionals. They are so easy to work with, and make you feel instantly at ease. They were both patient & efficient with our wedding party (which should not be underestimated). They are extremely professional & creative & and took AMAZING pics. We have gotten a few back & have received so many compliments already! We are so happy with went with Elevate!!

Amazing photographer

Reviewed on 9/13/2014 Michelle K

You know you have a great photographer when photos that are shown at the reception bring your guests to tears and you hear about how people loved your photographer for weeks to come. Everyone at Elevate were wonderful to work with. The options they provide for prints, albumns are one of a kind and the photographs we ended up with are ones that I will always treasure. I can't wait to use them for family photos down the road!!! The hardest choice they gave me was which pictures to choose :)

Making Two Grooms/Photographers Very Happy

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 James G

Since my husband and I both have backgrounds in photography, it was always going to be incredibly nerve-wracking to find that perfect photographer for our wedding. Katie, at Elevate Photography is that perfect photographer. Fun, but always professional, I found Katie to be the photographer that I strive to be myself. I judge other photographers by their willingness to get the right shots, and when Katie got on the dirty ground in Downtown Denver to get a great shot at our engagement photo shoot, I knew we had found the right person. Everyone should know that the day of your wedding goes by in a blur. Now that ours is over, while we still hold on to the happy feeling and love that surrounded us both, it is nice to see all the wonderful images that Katie and the team at Elevate were able to capture. There was not a bad image in the bunch and there were hundreds of photos! We have been to a lot of weddings and I have seen a lot of wedding photos. None have ever come close to the ours in terms of style, composition, and overall loveliness. Thank you Katie and Elevate Photography for creating photographs that we will love forever!

Best Photography Company

Reviewed on 9/02/2014 Michelle M

Elevate Photography captured the most important day in my life with such amazing excellence and class. I found them by using the knot and was not sure what to expect. There prices/packages were reasonable and came with amazing features. I was so thankful to have worked with there amazing team who not only were professional but fun. Everyone at my wedding was in awe of Elevate and I have already passed there information on to family and friends.

Your Search for a Wedding Photographer is Over!

Reviewed on 8/28/2014

Looking for wedding photographers? Look no further! I would highly recommend Elevate Photography. They joined our personalities & their creativity, resulting in gorgeous photos! Also, they're just really fun people to hang around with and make you feel comfortable & will make you look amazing! The photos they provide to you will make your special day last a lifetime.

Elevate!

Reviewed on 8/27/2014 Ashley R

We found Elevate from a friend on Facebook who used them. Their pictures were incredible and I wanted the same for my wedding. We worked with Katie and she was Amazing! She was so nice,funny and made everything from engagement to the end of the wedding go so smooth and comfortable. We just got our wedding pictures and I am SO happy with them. The whole team was great! Highly recommend them!

Absolutely amazing! Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Cindy C

We came across Elevate at the Rocky Mountain Bridal Show last year and after carefully reviewing more than 30 online portfolios we knew Elevate was simply the best. There entire staff is friendly, professional, genuine, and strive for excellence. We hired Katie to be our wedding photographer and could not be happier. From our engagement shoot through the wedding day we knew we made the right choice. She is an incredible photographer and made sure to capture our "must-have photos". Elevate as a studio is second to none. Included in our package was a beautiful album, all our digital photos on a custom engraved flash drive, a day-of slideshow presented during our reception, and a stunning photo display at our reception. They also held 2 photo premiere parties for us to share our photos with out family and friends at their studio. The service and quality of their work is truly astounding and I would highly recommend them to anyone!

TO Elevate Photography