Elizabeth Phaire, Master Celebrant & Officiant

Westchester, CT, NY Metro

A Loving, Lighthearted Wedding Ceremony

This special moment will be forever etched in your hearts with a personalized ceremony that truly captures you as a couple. You get to participate in the ceremony creation process, with expert guidance, ensuring that it's beautifully designed to your preferences. An uplifting wedding experience!

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony, Vow Renewal Ceremony

Religious Affiliations

Interfaith

Ceremony, Wedding

Westchester, CT, NY Metro, NY Westchester, CT, NY Metro (914) 980-7572

Funny, Touching, Personal Ceremony

Reviewed on 8/22/2012 Lindsey J

Working with Elizabeth was a pleasure. She is so sincere, honest, thoughtful, funny. The ceremony she customized for us was perfect - the right balance of fun, lightheartedness, and meaning. It was an incredibly personal ceremony, and many people remarked after that it was... Read More the best ceremony they had seen in a long time. Elizabeth puts together an initial ceremony and then you get to review drafts/edit it with her, so the final outcome is just as you want. We highly recommend Elizabeth - she will make your wedding ceremony very personal, unique, and one you and your family will always remember!

The Best There Is

Reviewed on 10/21/2011 Lavita B

Upon meeting Elizabeth for the first time, my husband and I were convinced that Elizabeth was the officiant to carry out our ceremony. It was her love and respect of ceremony and various traditions that drew us in. During the weeks leading up to the big day it was obvious that... Read More Elizabeth was working very hard to create a ceremony that was tailored to us. It meant so much to have our personal story shared with our loved ones on such a special day. I really feel like it was the first time that my husband and I were truly introduced to our community as a couple. It was beautiful.We received loads of wonderful feedback about Elizabeth from our guest. Many of them were in tears and believed "it was the best wedding ceremony" they had ever witnessed. We are beyond thrilled that we made the right choice for such a monumental day.

Elizabeth Phaire.. AMAZING!!!

Reviewed on 10/12/2011 Raquel c

From the moment we went on her website we knew Elizabeth was the one. Once speaking with her we immediately felt at ease. She is very professional, organized and guides you through out the entire process. So now we’re on the big Wedding day and its natural to have a little... Read More bit of worry, Right? Not with Elizabeth that all dissipates. Not only was she the first to arrive at the ceremony site, but also she has an incredible Aura that evokes such a calm, peaceful and pleasant demeanor. I swear an Angel sent her! Look no further because Elizabeth Phaire is the one. Your wedding will be personalized with brilliance and your story captured in such a unique way. It’s just truly amazing. Not only were we pleased but everyone who attended expressed how truly touched they were and how this was the most special wedding ceremony they have ever been to. We can’t thank her enough for the memories we will have with us for a lifetime!

Reviewed on 6/04/2017 Jennifer R

After a bit of back and forth on deciding if we wanted a justice of the peace or an officiant for our wedding, we landed on wanting something a bit more personal with an officiant. I found Elizabeth through research and reading reviews like these and I’m so glad I did. Elizabeth... Read More did such a great job at making our wedding ceremony so personal. We heard from so many people that they felt like the ceremony gave them a true glimpse into our relationship and who we are and that it was the best ceremony they had seen in a long time. Elizabeth was so open and accommodating to all of our thoughts and suggestions as we went through the process of reviewing the ceremony drafts, she truly crafted a beautiful ceremony and we’re so thankful. We’d highly recommend Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 4/29/2017 Katharine O

Several of our guests told us it was the nicest wedding ceremony they'd ever been to, and they have been to many weddings over the years. Elizabeth really got to know us as a couple and put in so much time and effort crafting the ceremony. She also checked in with us before... Read More the event, and made us feel so at ease on the day. It was truly a lovely and special moment in our lives that surpassed our greatest expectations

Reviewed on 2/05/2017 michael m

In early September, we were looking for a celebrant for a same sex non-denominational wedding ceremony; we were referred to Elizabeth. We contacted her by email and she confirmed that she was available for the date requested (New Year’s Eve) and could do the ceremony in our... Read More home. She referred us to her website and we liked what we saw. We contacted her again, discussed some more details and decided to meet with her. The consultation was friendly and at the end we were confident she would be able to do what we wanted in a professional and friendly way. We signed a contract and paid a 50% deposit. Elizabeth agreed to send some sample vows and text for the ring ceremony. A couple of weeks before the date, we choose the text for the vows and ring ceremony and sent her the choices via email. A few days later, she returned the text incorporated into a wedding script which was personal and reflected our wishes. We made some minor changes and sent them back. We also told her that we wanted a clergy member and friend to give a blessing. She said that she would incorporate that into the ceremony. On New Year’s Eve Elizabeth arrived and we discussed some final details. The whole ceremony was all we had wanted and expected--so personal and meaningful. All our guests said it was beautiful and professional. In the first meeting Elizabeth asked what we were looking for, we answered “We want what they do at City Hall”. What we got was 1000 times better! And we were glad she brought the whole ceremony to a much higher level. We highly recommend Elizabeth to conduct your wedding ceremony. She is a lovely woman and really helped to make our day special.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Dave G

Elizabeth was Awesome!!!! She met with us months beforehand and then sent us a questionnaire with which we were able to share our stories, thoughts and feelings. All of which she blended in to a great ceremony. She was heartfelt and sincere. We laughed and we cried as did... Read More everyone in attendance as Elizabeth spun our stories. Thank you Elizabeth, you made Our Day Super Special!!!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Kerri M

I can't really say enough about Elizabeth. Her professionalism and warm hearted approach ensured that we had all of our ceremony essentials but with a genuine personal touch. We now have a long lasting anniversary tradition that she suggested as part of our ceremony. I love how... Read More she made sure that we took a few private minutes for us after the ceremony was over because no matter what you think that day will be like, trust me, it's even more hectic than you expect and stopping to privately acknowledge the huge step you just took ensures it doesn't slip by you. She helped us visualize the details of our ceremony in a way that we could not do on our own and I valued that very much. It might sound strange but at least for us, the ceremony was the only part of the day that was really only about us. That's where the details counted for me. Everything else is a party with a lot of different parts and people. Intimate details in your ceremony will matter to you more than you may think. Elizabeth knows this and does an excellent job capturing them to your liking. With all this being said, her true light shown through when we really needed her the most. Our venue did a very poor job coordinating and preparing for our rehearsal and actual ceremony itself. They were basically absent for both and in their absence, Elizabeth so professionally took charge of both events going above and beyond what really was her job to make sure my husband and I avoided a completely chaotic ceremony. I am forever thankful that we selected her as our officiant because I am certain that it would have been a very different outcome without her. When people tell you not everything will go as planned on your day, they are absolutely right, but when you have the right vendors by your side you can get through anything. Elizabeth is definitely the woman I would recommend to have at your side.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Theresa G

Elizabeth helped my husband and I have the ceremony of our dreams! We did not want to have a religious ceremony, but wanted the ceremony to be spiritual, meaningful and personal. Elizabeth exceeded all of our expectations with the truly personalized and one of a kind ceremony... Read More that she created. Everything felt so personal and genuine, and she beautifully told our love story. We received so many compliments from guests saying that the ceremony was the most touching and meaningful that they've ever heard. Some people even asked us if Elizabeth was a close friend since the ceremony was so personalized! On a personal note, Elizabeth is lovely, calming and easy to work with. I would recommend her to anyone who wants a customized, unique wedding ceremony...you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 8/25/2016 Claudia Z

Elizabeth was wonderful to work with. From our first phone conversation she gave us a great feeling and was easy to work with. We enjoyed meeting her and filling out her questionnaire (it was a great way for her to get to know us as a couple and it was fun for us to share this... Read More experience with each other - it actually helped us with writing our own vows!) During the process she always kept us updated on what to expect and was helpful in letting us know how to get our license. The ceremony was beautiful and everyone commented about how personal and lovely it was. She made us a lovely copy of our vows to keep as a memory. I highly recommend working with Elizabeth, she listens, cares about what you want as a couple and really seems to enjoy what she does.

Reviewed on 7/18/2016 Caroline S

Elizabeth was a pleasure to work with. The moment my now husband and I met her we knew we had to have her be the one to marry us. The ceremony she put together for us was perfection! Everyone came up to us and told us how amazing she was! Elizabeth always answered emails and... Read More returned phone calls immediately. She also helped us write our vows, and didn't mind any last minute changes. She made our wedding ceremony so meaningful! We hope to have her in our lives for any other ceremonies we may have in the future!

Reviewed on 6/03/2016 Andrew E

Out of all of the events surrounding my recent wedding, the ceremony is by far my most memorable. Elizabeth made it so personable and touching and it is something my husband and I will remember for the rest of our lives. She worked with us through different drafts, offered... Read More ideas, suggestions and tailored our ceremony to be exactly what we wanted. She helped us combine two cultures and told the story that we wanted to be told. She brought our ceremony to life and gave it such deep meaning. If there is one piece of advice I can offer to anyone planning a wedding, book Elizabeth and you will be so glad you did. We cannot begin to thank her enough.

Reviewed on 5/26/2016

Elizabeth was such a joy to work with for our May 6th wedding. At our first meeting Elizabeth showed us many different options and ideas for our ceremony, which was great because neither one of us are very religious, but knowing there were other options was a breath of fresh... Read More air. After the initial meeting, we were sent a questionnaire separately to fill in, which was a lot of fun because you didn't know how the other responded. From there Elizabeth built this beautiful ceremony that told about the journey of us becoming husband and wife. All our guests kept telling us how fantastic the ceremony was, and that they felt like they knew us so much more and gain a better understanding of our love for each other, family and friends. This is all thanks to Elizabeth. I highly recommend her, not just for her professionalism & expertise, but because she’s one of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 1/09/2016 Jennifer S

Elizabeth Phaire was absolute perfection for our wedding. She worked with us to develop the ceremony and made several drafts before it was complete. Elizabeth took the time to know our story which showed in her excellent delivery of the service. All of my guests praised the... Read More ceremony. If I could give Elizabeth more than five stars, I would!! If I could give v Elizabeth

Such a joyful experience!

Reviewed on 11/18/2015 Caitlin S

Elizabeth was an absolute pleasure to work with from day one. We were unable to meet her in person so she set up a Skype appointment so she was able to get to know us better. I really appreciated the questions she asked in her questionnaire & the amount of time she spent... Read More crafting our personalized ceremony. It was beautifully written & we literally received so many calls from our guests saying how included they felt when they learned our story as a couple & how fantastic the ceremony was. Usually brides cannot remember moments from their ceremony because everything happens so fast but since we had a hand in helping create it & wrote our own vows it is something i will never forget. I was a bit nervous beforehand & she was such a calming presence & her instruction during the ceremony made all the anxiety disappear. She is professional, kind, warm & thoughtful (a sentiment many reviewers agree to). It was truly a memorable experience that wouldn't have been possible without Elizabeth, thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Elizabeth was attentive to our needs from the day we first met with her. She was flexible when our plans changed a few days before the wedding. She calmed our nerves just by her peaceful presence and our guests have given us wonderful feedback on how beautiful our ceremony... Read More was. We owe this entirely to Elizabeth's experience and how she helped us to personalize our ceremony.

Reviewed on 10/28/2015

My husband and I, when planning our ceremony realized we did not want and ordinary ceremony. Being from different religions and not very religious; we were seeking an officiant who would customize our ceremony. Elizabeth Phaire did just that for us. We got married on 10/2/2015... Read More and people are still telling our parents and ourselves what a lovely and beautiful ceremony we had. Elizabeth was very helpful when we were writing our personal vows. With her guidance my husband wrote beautiful vows. We strongly recommend Elizabeth!

Reviewed on 10/21/2015

It was very important to us that our special day be about our vow exchange......not the venue or the food or our clothing. From the moment I found Elizabeth online and spoke with her on the phone, I knew she was the person to make that wish reality. She has an amazing presence... Read More which radiates peace and love; and takes so much care in making your ceremony personal....all my guests wanted to know how we knew her! We had a beautiful day and it was just what we envisioned! Finding Elizabeth definitely helped to make it so.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Jes C

Our wedding was in June and we still have people complimenting what a beautiful ceremony we had. Elizabeth was an amazing officiant and my husband and I loved getting to know her. She is a beautiful soul who really puts her heart into her work. Our ceremony was perfectly crafted... Read More and represented the true values within our relationship, we couldn't have been happier. I would recommend Elizabeth to everyone!!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Sarah H

Our experience with Elizabeth was amazing from the start. At our first meeting, she immediately understood when we said we wanted a secular yet spiritual wedding. She shared countless amazing rituals with us that we could us during the ceremony and walked us through the... Read More ceremony and the process step by step. We filled out a long form about us so she could personalize the ceremony, and it was completely worth the time it took. In the weeks leading up to the wedding she sent us 3 separate drafts of the ceremony and quickly accepted our feedback on each one. She gave great advice for writing our own vows and was very supportive. It rained the day of the wedding, and Elizabeth was flexible enough to move the ceremony up in order to avoid a downpour, and she performed the ceremony in a cold drizzle so that we could still get the view we wanted. We were the first in our families to have a non-religious ceremony and so were a little nervous about our families' reactions to the ceremony, but everyone said it was one of the best ceremonies they'd ever seen. Our guests are still talking about it. I really can't recommend Elizabeth enough!

Reviewed on 6/08/2015 crystal k

Our first experience with Liz was when she officiated a wedding ceremony for a friend of ours. It was hands down one of the best ceremonies that we had ever attended. When it came time to find someone for our special occasion, we immediately thought of Liz. After our meeting... Read More with her, we were immediately sold. She is easy to work with, has great suggestions and made the process EASY. She also has a calm yet warm demeanor that will put you at ease and believe me, you will need it on your wedding day. Most importantnly, the story that she weaved for us was beautiful, personal and unique. It struck the exact mood and energy we were looking for – meaningful and light at the same time. I feel like I’m singing to the choir but seriously, I can’t tell you the number of people that remarked on how much they loved the ceremony. So much of the time, ceremonies are treated as an afterthought, Liz makes it the star of the show!

Customized Ceremony for You

Reviewed on 11/09/2014 Ally S

Elizabeth allows you to make your ceremony exactly how you picture it. She worked with us (remotely, since we're in Maryland, but got married in NY) and made sure the ceremony script was exactly fitting for us and our crowd. The only small issue we had was that the mic... Read More didn't pick up all that well so some of our guests didn't hear Elizabeth. Not hearing her is a shame, since what she was saying was meaningful, well-thought out and reflected exactly what we wanted to hear on our wedding day. She makes great suggestions, is extremely professional and knows how to customize the perfect ceremony for you.

The sweetest ceremony

Reviewed on 11/05/2014

Elizabeth was absolutely wonderful to work with. Our ceremony was exactly the way we imagined it would be. She really poured her heart out on crafting our ceremony and getting to know us individually, and as a couple. Our ceremony was personalized in a way that told our unique... Read More story, far from a templated type of ceremony. Every word, and each reading was focused on what was most important to us as a couple, love and compassion. Elizabeth is very natural at officiating. Her calm demeanor and angelic voice set the tone for a beautiful ceremony. It was magical. Two months into our marriage, friends and family are still talking about the ceremony, wondering how we found Elizabeth, and expressing how much the ceremony really spoke to them in a profound way. Thank you, Elizabeth, for sharing you gift with us on our special day!!

Our Wedding in Sleepy Hollow, NY

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

Our wedding ceremony was just last night with Elizabeth. When we first started looking for an officiant, we were worried that we would not find one who was open minded about performing our ceremony in an unconventional manner. After searching through officiants in the NY area,... Read More we came across Elizabeth. Her previous reviews sounded great and her profile seemed like she would be a good match for us. We could not be more pleased with our experience with Elizabeth. She is very professional and was attentive to our desires on what we wanted included in our ceremony, made her own suggestions, and guided us through the process step by step. We highly recommend Elizabeth and would definitely work with her again!! Thank you for making our special night so beautiful!!

Looking for a Unique and Memorable Ceremony? Then, you found the right officiant!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Emily C

Elizabeth is one of the most compassionate individuals I've ever met in my life. My husband and i were beyond pleased with her attentiveness leading up to the event. She took the time to meet with us and learn about the inner workings of our relationship. I was a bit nervous... Read More about our ceremony because I was raised Catholic and my fiance Jewish and was worried that the ceremony wouldn't be rooted in the values and traditions of our individual faiths, but Elizabeth was able to craft a ceremony that incorporated elements of both our religions without being overtly religious. She also spoke with us before the ceremony and provided us with support leading up to the big moment. Our families were beyond pleased with the ceremony. I feel blessed to have worked with someone as thoughtful as Elizabeth and highly recommend her to all!