Wedding

Wedding Albums, Photo

81 Vernon St, Northampton, MA (413) 372-2800

Reviewed on 11/03/2017 Liz P

Elizabeth Solaka is absolutely incredible, and I cannot recommend her enough! She is so sweet and quite funny, and we got along incredibly! (Which is important - you spend a lot of the day with your photographer!) Elizabeth is so incredible at catching the little moments that... Read More are full of such genuine emotion. We just got our photographs back from her, and looking through them is such an incredible joy! In addition to being an awesome person to spend a day with, and an incredible photographer, she is also extremely professional and speedy! We were super worried that we would spend our whole day taking photographs, and Elizabeth made sure we were good to go on all the necessary family portraits in what felt like lightning speed! When all is said and done, your photographer is one of the most important wedding planning decisions you make, since in the end it's the photographs you have left to remember the day / night. Elizabeth was incredible to work with, and we are so pleased with the results. I couldn't have asked for a better photographer, and cannot recommend her enough!

Reviewed on 9/13/2017 Julia M

We were so lucky to work with Elizabeth for our wedding. From the beginning she was friendly and easy to work with. She was so calm and on point throughout the whole process. She offered her advice when issues arose before the wedding and the day off she was incredibly... Read More professional. She was able to capture every moment from start to finish. I don’t know how she did it. The formal shots were lovely, but the candid shots were why we hired her (and she didn’t disappoint). We received the photos within only a couple of weeks of our wedding and absolutely love them! Hire her.

Reviewed on 6/11/2016

I could gush about Elizabeth for days! We chose her for many reasons: her generosity, flexibility, her enthusiasm, her impressive portfolio, and her ability to capture quiet, honest, spontaneous moments. She spent an unexpectedly warm May day with us, blending so perfectly into... Read More our home and family dynamic, making us feel relaxed, comfortable, and free to just enjoy ourselves. Many guests remarked at her kindness and how she quietly surrounded our day with her skillful eye. Looking at our wedding photos (which were delivered less than 10 days after the ceremony...what a gift!), my husband and I were struck by the joy that came from the photos. We laughed until we cried over the silly moments she captured and the heartfelt moments that felt so private to us at the time. She is a consummate professional, was always incredibly quick to respond to emails and questions, worked tirelessly throughout the unpredictably hot and steamy day, and made all of us feel so special. If you are looking for a photographer who will make you, your family, and guests feel at ease, who will capture moments of laughter, tears and silliness, who works with you to ensure that your photos are exactly what YOU envision, and who is so sweet that you'll want to call her a friend, then consider using Elizabeth for your special day.

Reviewed on 12/18/2015 Erin D

Elizabeth was the perfect wedding photographer! From our very first phone call to receiving the final photos, Elizabeth has been an absolute joy to work with. She was incredibly responsive during the whole year leading up to the wedding and answered every question that we had.... Read More Elizabeth made us feel comfortable during our engagement photo shoot and took charge the day of the wedding to ensure we got all of the many shots we had requested. She also was willing to take photos lying on the ground of a park to get the best possible angles of us. The way she captured the light during November was beautiful! My groom and I are not the most photogenic but you would never know it looking at the pictures that Elizabeth took! She is also just an incredibly warm and kind person, and we are so thankful that she was part of our day. I highly recommend Elizabeth to anyone looking for a professional photographer!

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Caitlin C

One of the pieces of advice you're always given for a wedding is, "find a good photographer." Elizabeth is beyond a good photographer, she is incredible. We recently received our wedding photos from Elizabeth and they are absolutely stunning. She captured so many small,... Read More beautiful moments as well as the main events. The whole experience of working with Elizabeth is everything we could have wanted and much more. Elizabeth herself was absolutely a delight before and during the wedding. She spent the time to really get to know us as a couple, and to understand what we wanted for the night. We had a great time meeting with her to set up the initial contract and to plan our wedding photos and felt like we truly got to know her! She has such a warm personality and is so easy to talk to. By the time the wedding came, we were nothing but excited to spend the day with such a lovely person. On day of she took full advantage of our venues to get some great shots, and her candid shots came out wonderfully. She loves what she does and has a true talent for capturing beautiful moments, it definitely shows in the photos - we couldn't be happier. My husband and I would give Elizabeth 10 stars if we could. She truly did an amazing job and we felt like we were celebrating with a family member (who also happened to take incredible photos!). I'm so grateful we found Liz for our wedding!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015

I can't recommend Elizabeth more strongly! Not only is she an incredibly talented and skilled photographer, she's also a wonderful person to work with. She is truly amazing at capturing emotion and personality, and has an incredible eye for location and light. She would find... Read More these little nooks and crannies to shoot in that we never would have looked at twice, but those pictures turned out to be just incredible! So if she wants you to climb a tree for your engagement shoot, do it, I promise it'll turn out great! She was also a very calming and relaxed presence on our wedding day and really helped create a stress-free atmosphere and made me laugh when I was really nervous! We had a small, intimate wedding and she fit in just perfectly with the tone of the whole thing. We truly could not be happier. Thank you, Elizabeth!!

Reviewed on 6/15/2015

Elizabeth is the greatest! We hired her for engagement photos and wedding photos. She was a delight to work with and continuously went above and beyond in every way. We are incredibly happy with the photos we received and all our family and friends are equally impressed. Thank... Read More you Elizabeth!

She's a gem!!!

Reviewed on 12/07/2014

My husband and I could not have been more pleased with any other photographer than Elizabeth for our wedding. From the initial meeting with her we knew immediately that she was the right photographer for us...we actually made the decision within 5 minutes of meeting her because... Read More of her kind and relaxed personality. To say that we were pleased with the pictures would be an understatement. Some of the pictures she took were among the prettiest we have ever seen, as she knows how to blend nature and artistry in a very unique way. We also met with her to do engagement pictures and my husband and I scoured the place ahead of time and were sure that we picked the best spots. However, Elizabeth found a little romantic nook out of the corner of her eye (which we never would have thought of) that turned out to be the perfect engagement picture, better than anything we could have planned. She does a great job encouraging spontaneity, which results in her pictures having an incredibly natural feel. All of our guests LOVED her as our photographer and said that our engagement/wedding pictures were some of the most beautiful, and of the highest quality, that they had ever seen. Her easy-going nature led us to feel as though she wasn't just our photographer, rather a member of the family, as my husband's mother was raving about her for weeks after the wedding. Do yourself a favor and hire her as your wedding photographer, you will not be disappointed!!!

Such a GREATTTTT Photographer !!!!

Reviewed on 11/26/2014

I can't say how happy i am that i found Elizabeth!!!!!!! First of all i called her days before the wedding, we were eloping and the venue was outside. Based on the weather, the date of the elopement was not concrete. This was something that was so difficult to try to... Read More accommodate! Elizabeth was so attentive to our fluctuating dates, and made me feel at ease that she would make things work. This is something every bride needs on her wedding day! The day of the wedding there was no chance of rain as indicated by the local weather channels. To my surprise 10 mins after i arrived to the venue to get ready, it started pouring rain! As my heart sunk, in walked in Elizabeth. She helped me take my mind off of the rain and started taking pictures of me getting ready. Assuring me she thought the rain would pass, helped me put a smile on my face :) To make a long story short ... also bec i am running out of room to write! I highly recommend Elizabeth, she was AMAZING! Very professional, flexible beyond belief, extremely reasonable pricing, and very personable. As for the photo's .... they all came out AMAZING !!!! She did such a wonderful job capturing the precious moments. The venue was outside and she has a talent in incorporating the natural features which compliment photos so well! Elizabeth is highly recommended and i will be contacting her for future events!

Elizabeth solaka

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 patricia k

Elizabeth was our wedding photographer ten years ago and I to this day couldn't be happier with the images and memories she captured. She was extremely flexible and willing to give us exactly what we wanted, which was a little bit of everything... Some black and whites, some... Read More color, some candid, some traditional. The pictures were all beautiful and working with her was such a pleasure. My whole family adored her! 10 years later if we were to do it all over again I wouldn't change a thing. Our pictures are timeless and perfect. Thanks so much Elizabeth!

Photography that Captured "US"

Reviewed on 10/02/2014 Chelsey C

Elizabeth did such an amazing job with our photos! All of the photos really captured "us" as a couple and the personalities of our guests. It brings a smile to my face every time I flip through the picutres. I loved the candid shots so much, they are what make up the majority... Read More of my wedding album. She was very easy to work with and worked hard to get me my edited photos before I moved shortly after my wedding, which I am very thankful for! I absolutely recommend meeting with Elizabeth for your event, you will love working with her.

Elizabeth Solaka the best of the best

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Ashin M

We feel extremely lucky to have had Elizabeth as our wedding photographer on a very short notice. She is an amazing photographer with a great eye for details. We loved every single photograph from our wedding, the composition, the colors, the editing everything was immaculate.... Read More Apart from her obvious talents behind the lens what made her so special to work with was her professionalism, friendliness and warm personality. She went out of her way to account for our tight budget and even presented us with a beautiful high-end leather bound album when we were very happy with the regular one. From the very first phone call to the very last email every interaction with her was enjoyable and productive. You would definitely feel lucky to have Elizabeth create memories for your special occasions.

Amazing photographer!

Reviewed on 9/12/2013 Corinne J

We can't thank you enough for the job you did as our wedding photographer. We are thrilled with the results and are having so much fun putting together our album. Through the whole process you were so easy to work with, and really put us at ease. Todd was an added bonus and... Read More between the two of you we were albe to see so many beautiful scenes from the wedding. You both do amazing work with the candids and really captured the spirit of the event. Formals were great too and we appreciate you guys working with such large groups. We know it couldn't have been easy. Thank you so much for everything! Best of luck in the future.

Highly recommended, your photographer search ends here!

Reviewed on 9/11/2013 Maureen S

To say that I was impressed with Elizabeth's photography would be an UNDERSTATEMENT! She was incredibly easy to work with and my wedding pictures turned out absolutely gorgeous! We wanted to find a photographer that would take risks and play around with poses and pictures.... Read More Elizabeth is extremely creative with her photography and we literally had thousands of pictures to choose from! She captured every moment perfectly, I feel like I relive the whole day when I look through them. We have gotten so many compliments on our wedding pictures, not to mention, what a pleasure it was to work with Elizabeth on the day of the wedding. I wouldn't change one thing about our wedding photographer experience!

Elizabeth Solaka A++++

Reviewed on 8/15/2013 Beatriz T

Elizabeth was such a pleasure to be around and work with. She did a wonderful job of capturing the special moments of our wedding day. After seeing the photos she took of our engagement, we had complete confidence and trust in her skills -- but we could not have imagined how... Read More awesome she would be on the day of. Not only is she extremely talented, but a total pro. She has a lot of experience and knew just what to do. She was prompt, prepared, and began photographing almost right away -- without being obtrusive, and made us all feel very comfortable at ease. This is coming from someone who doesn't like to have their picture taken! Overall, we loved having Elizabeth as our photographer, she was so much fun and a great addition to our day. We have so many beautiful pictures, our only problem is going to be having to choose which ones to use!

We love Elizabeth!!

Reviewed on 8/05/2013 Julie H

Elizabeth shot our engagement photos, our wedding, and most recently some family photos with our baby girl!! We loved working with her in every way. She is laid back, flexible, and fun and turned out to be a great family friend. She will capture any formal shots you want, but... Read More also has an amazing eye for candid moments that will really bring your special day to life for years to come. Her pictures are just amazing. She has a wonderful energy and interacted with our guests without being at all intrusive. She was also a HUGE help in editing our pictures and helping us create our album, which is just beautiful! I can't say enough about her as a photographer and person!

Shannon O'Rourke

Reviewed on 8/04/2013

Elizabeth Solaka is an amazing professional , she did an amazing job capturing every aspect of our Yosemite wedding. The wedding was in 2003, and I am so happy that I chose Elizabeth to photograph that busy and hectic day. I knew that she would do a fantastic job based on her... Read More portfolio, and she really delivered the goods. She shot my wedding with a Hassleblad and another camera, and the photos are georgeous. She captured a load of really lovely mini moments with the guests, and as the wedding was 10 years ago, some of the photos are of dear ones that have passed,others of babies that are grown, they are treasures of a beautiful day, and people we love. Lots of folks said , "wow these are like a magazine" and it is true- we all looked like movie stars having a great day out. When the photos came back from the lab I cried with amazement, and had to order multiples for relatives who were all very impressed with the photos. Overall I would hire a million times over, out of all the many details of the wedding, after the cake is gone, and the years go by, I have great photographs that my daughter now loves, we made an excellent choice hiring Elizabeth. She has years of experience , and true passion for weddings that is rare in a photographer, and she is a nice person.

Elizabeth is amazing!!

Reviewed on 8/02/2013 Kate R

I can't say enough good things about Elizabeth. She has been wonderful to work with. I found her photos online when I was starting to look for a photographer and fell in love. Her shots of candid moments are beautiful and really capture the emotion of the person. When I met... Read More her, I was even happier. She is truly a fantastic person, who is easy going, warm and friendly. She recently did our engagement shots at the Botanical Gardens in Ann Arbor. They were absolutely perfect. Her use of color and black and white was awesome. I always knew my fiance was handsome, but damn!! She made us both look so good! I really can't wait to see what the wedding photos bring. I can't recommend her enough!!

Super pleased with Elizabeth Solaka!

Reviewed on 8/01/2013 Jennifer H

Elizabeth is a truly unique person, and a breath of fresh air in the oversaturated wedding industry. She took the time to get to know my style and personality in our first meeting, and sat with me for quite a while to get to know me, as well as share information about herself.... Read More She was non-invasive on the wedding day - most of the time I was completely unaware she was snapping away! She got me my photos quickly after the wedding, and they were BEAUTIFUL! They completely surpassed my expectations, and she captured many candid moments. And a review of her photography would not be complete without mention of her use of light...it was outstanding. Her prices were also reasonable, and she is flexible in her packaging. All in all, I give 100% recommendation to anyone in search of a wedding photographer. :)

Just hire her already!

Reviewed on 7/31/2013

We had an incredible destination wedding out in the middle of a desert wonderland / national park. Elizabeth captured everything, from the rehearsal dinner, to the ceremony, post ceremony couple and family shots, as well as the reception dinner. She is exactly what you would... Read More want from a solid pro: timely, consistent, communicative, unobtrusive, and a genius behind the lens. What floored me was how comfortable she was (either next to the cactus or navigating the country ballroom) and how her presence and manner simply disarmed people. No awkward posing, no vacant over-emoting, just laughing, crying, sweating, and... living. Weddings can be stressful, ripe with family drama and the typical tensions of event logistics. She cut through the tension and found these touching images and beautifully composed scenes during our little celebration. I'm not a photographer, either is your cousin, ex-high school sweetheart or nasa-scientist whomever with a bitching camera. She is a zenlike, never met before best friend, ninja seasoned pro that brings out the best in people - in person and on film / sd card. She doesn't just frame and click. She breaks it down, makes you forget that you hired some stranger to be part of your defining life event and documents the divine moments large and small. She shot both digital and large scale film, sent us the digital images immediately, and was super prompt with all the prints that we requested. We were very lucky to find her and now you are too. Mazel Tov!

Wedding. 7.27.2013

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Ashley P

Elizabeth was excellent! She captures beautiful moments and has a very artistic eye. Definitely recommend!

Amazing Photography!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013 Nicole G

My husband and I met with several photographers before meeting with Elizabeth Solaka. After meeting with her in person and reviewing her sample pictures, we knew we wanted to have Elizabeth photograph our wedding. Her pictures were honest and truly captured the many emotions... Read More of a wedding day. This is what we wanted for our wedding photos and Elizabeth more than delivered. Elizabeth's unobtrusive way of working allowed her to capture us and our guests in the moment. The smiles, tears and laughs are all genuine and I am so thankful that I had Elizabeth photograph our day. From the very first email, Elizabeth was helpful, understanding and responsive. Aside from being a talented photographer, she is also a caring and wonderful person. Elizabeth delivered over 3,000 photos and now, months after our wedding day, I have finally been able to narrow them down to our favorites for an album! It was quite the daunting task, but Elizabeth was so patient and I never felt rushed. We often times find ourselves revisiting the digital copies of our photos, clicking through each picture in sequential order to relive every moment of our day. While posed formal portraits are nice, my favorite photos are those candid moments, when we and our guests did not even realize Elizabeth was there. Those are the photos I treasure most because they truly capture who we are and how we felt. My husband and I feel so fortunate to have discovered Elizabeth among the many wedding photographers in NYC. There are many decisions to make when planning a wedding, but choosing Elizabeth as our photographer was an easy one!

WOW!!!!!!!

Reviewed on 7/30/2013

Elizabeth Solaka is an artist. Her photos are perfection. She captures moments, she captures feelings. You are not even aware of being photographed. She gets it. The photographs will tell the story. It is really amazing. We were blown away by the images. She made us look so... Read More good!! You will not be disappointed. We will use her time and time again. Thank you for all that you do Elizabeth. We are so happy with your work.

Choose Elizabeth Solaka Photography!

Reviewed on 7/28/2013

if you want beautiful professional pictures from a beautiful professional person. Elizabeth is a true artist with years of experience helping brides and grooms fully experience and remember their special day. She is a kind and thoughtful person who is expert at capturing the... Read More special moments with all members of the family. She is also an artist- her eye for detail and composition can not be replicated.

The Perfect Photographer for our Perfect Day

Reviewed on 7/27/2013

Elizabeth is a true professional who perfectly captured the overall "feeling" of our wedding though in NO WAY were the pictures kitschy. Most of the time neither I nor my guests were aware that she was even taking pictures. In fact, the candid shots of loved ones and friends... Read More interacting are my absolute favorite. Of course, she also took the expected shots of my husband and I and our bridesmaids and grooms, friends and family, but even these had Elizabeth's special touch. She's got a way of instantly understanding who the people at the wedding are as well as their relationships to each other and then snapping at just the right instant to capture the moment. Her view of things it totally unique and yet, at the same time, completely universal. I can't rave about Elizabeth enough. I absolutely love this woman as a person and her photographs are amazing.