Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern

Engagement, Trash The Dress

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Social Media Sharing, Photo + Video

1042 N Oakley Blvd., Chicago , IL (708) 214-0537

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Becky O

In short, Laurie made life easy and took beautiful pictures. In long, she was great to work with, and very organized, before, during, and after the wedding (even when we were not always organized, she was a champ). And to give you an idea of her style, one of my favorite... Read More photos is of our young niece with a piece of bread hanging out of her mouth. Back story: When I was a young lass, at my oldest cousin's wedding about 25 years ago, her photographer took pictures of each of the tables. When my table's turn came around, I thought it would be HILARIOUS to have breadsticks hanging out of my mouth. The photographer did NOT think this was hilarious. She thought it was the opposite of hilarious. She was annoyed and would not take the picture until I put them down. As it turns out, I still think mouth bread is funny, and I am pretty glad to have a picture of our adorable niece sporting the look. Which is all to say, in addition to photos that look lovely, Laurie strikes a good balance between posed pictures and capturing the real stuff. There is no doubt in my mind that we made the right call in having Laurie capture our wedding.

Reviewed on 4/19/2017 Kathleen H

Choosing Elle Rose Photo was the easiest and best decision of the entire wedding planning process. Laurie is a total pro and incredibly efficient. She was responsive, professional while still being a complete joy to be around. She made us feel incredibly comfortable and her... Read More photos are absolutely stunning. We are so grateful to Elle Rose Photo for doing such an amazing job!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Jackie H

Hiring Elle Rose Photo for our wedding was our first vendor choice - and our easiest one. Laurie is professional and a joy to work with - I really valued her expertise throughout the planning process and on our wedding day. She was easily able to take the most lovely, timeless... Read More photos without taking us away from our wedding day or our guests, which was important to me. I cannot recommend Laurie enough - from start to finish, she was a joy to work with. She gave us stunning photos that capture all of the excitement and joy from our wedding day.

Reviewed on 3/09/2017 Cat S

My husband and I got married in Hawaii and Laurie flew out to accompany us! Laurie was the most amazing photographer, she's professional, personal, and a true joy to be around. Icing on the cake, her pictures were out of this world! She also followed us to Hana for a 5 mile hike... Read More in the humidity after a tropical storm for a "newlywed session"!! Let me tell you with the drive, it was a 12 hour day! I would not only highly recommend hiring Elle Rose Photo, I would think you're crazy if you didn't. She organizing and commands a crowd so well and captures everything you would want or need to remember about a day that will fly by without even realizing it!! A+++++

Reviewed on 2/24/2017 Alana B

I stumbled upon ‚Äčelle rose photo while searching through wedding blogs and instantly fell in love. Laurie is amazing. She is cheerful, polite, professional and everything that you would want in a wedding photographer. From the initial conversation, to meeting for the first time... Read More everything clicked and we knew she was the one to handle our loud european family (Wouldn't know how we would have gotten all the family photos without you Laurie)! We exchanged a lot of emails especially rescheduling our engagement photos after Chicago wind/rain/snow got in the way and Laurie was always responsive. Her experience helped a lot with planning our timeline and general flow of the day. Photography was the biggest budget when we started planning and all I can say is money well spent. Laurie was by my side the whole day and helped out when others couldn't be found, like helping me bustle my dress! Laurie has a natural act to capture moments that simply would be overlooked if she wasn't there. I truly can't thank Laurie enough for capturing our love and our amazing day. She made us feel so comfortable and made every moment special, regardless if we were in a public crowd or surrounded by our wild family. Thank you Laurie and Maggie, for capturing a day that we wont ever forget.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Brittany P

Elle Rose is the very best when it comes to wedding photography and coordination. Photography was on the top of our priority list, and upon speaking with Laurie, we were certain that we had found our girl! Not only is her photography style beautiful, she has a vast expertise in... Read More all things wedding. She offered me so many pearls of wisdom in just our first phone conversation. Aside from being drawn to her elegant and natural photography style, we chose Laurie because she had a great sense of humor, but also photographed many large wedding parties (ours was 27 people deep) and she was experienced in shooting a dramatic and large ceremony venues, such as our's. Laurie was a true pro, even commanding a very rowdy wedding party to achieve the perfect photo. We fell in love with our engagement photos, but they pale in comparison to our final wedding photos. They are nothing short of stunning! In addition, we also hired Elle Rose Events. The combination of Laurie, her assistant Maggie, and our coordinator Anna, was truly the 'Dream Team." The Elle Rose team orchestrated a perfect wedding weekend experience from start to finish. They even orchestrated a surprise visit from our dog! I have friends that I have spent far more or less on a wedding photographer, and Elle Rose is the very best value for the money. You will end your experience with not only incredibly pictures, but wonderful memories and a friend in Laurie!

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Danielle R

Hiring Laurie was the first and best decision we made for our wedding! She is delightful to work with both in person and behind the camera throughout the whole wedding process from engagement shoot through wedding day. She is very organized and was always prompt in answering any... Read More questions or concerns I may have had with everything from suggestions on vendors, coordinators (Elle Rose Events), photo location and timelines. She made us laugh and made taking the "awkward photos" fun. It rained all day on our wedding day and Laurie kept us calm and lighthearted throughout the whole day. She braved the rain with us and got some amazing shots which turned out to be some of our favorites. I also used Laurie to take some glamour photos before our wedding day which were gifted to my husband on the day of in a beautiful book. She was professional and made the shoot a great experience and my husband LOVED the surprise gift! We couldn't imagine working with anyone else throughout the whole wedding process and would definitely recommend Elle Rose Photo to future brides & grooms.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Kimberly G

Laurie is the BEST!! She did a fabulous job with our wedding pictures! She was amazing to work with from the minute we spoke on the phone. She helped make our wedding day run smoothly. I would highly recommend using Elle Rose to capture your special moments!!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jessica C

Laurie is an outstanding gal! From our first phone call I knew she was the photographer for us. The connection was instant and it was like talking to a girlfriend I've known for years! Our entire communication process was flawless and she had a game plan for EVERYTHING! On the... Read More wedding day had a full timeline for her and the other photographer ready to rock which made my life so much easier! Laurie makes you feel comfortable and calm throughout engagement photos and on the wedding day! The photos she has taken for us are ones we will cherish for the rest of our life. She captured so many special shots! Without a doubt I will be using Laurie for many years to come! If your trying to decide between Laurie and someone else....PICK ELLE ROSE! You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Blythe D

Laurie is an absolute joy to work with! She is so talented and creative. Once we set a date for our wedding Elle Rose was one of the first call we made to make sure we could lock her in! Having worked with many photographers as the member of various bridal parties over the... Read More years, we were incredibly impressed with Laurie's organization and her ability to make sure that the day flows and moves along as smoothly as possible all while ensuring that all of our photo requests were met. She is able to capture some of the most breath-taking and sweet moments of the day! Once we got our photos it was difficult to decide which ones to print since every photo is flawless! We can't say enough about our fabulous experience and are so happy that Laurie was able to capture the best day of our lives :)

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Katie C

Laurie is so personable, charismatic, organized, and take-charge in the most perfect way! My husband and I are very awkward at "posing" for photos- Laurie is all about the candids, thank goodness!! Her abilities are so natural, and I couldn't be happier with the moments she and... Read More her second shooter, Maggie, captured that I was unable witness firsthand- my husband kissing my grandmother's cheek as she arrived at church, my grandfather laughing as he held up his wine glass at dinner, my friends taking a shot in a fit of laughter (the bar served shots?!), our flower girl's reaction as she fully realized her role in the expanse of the church...! Also, being slightly critical of myself of photos in general, I never felt more beautiful, largely due to Laurie's positivity, and because I know she's not the type of person to say something without meaning! Type A personalities take note- if you want to lighten your load, there will be no worries with Laurie- your pictures will be perfect, and when people ask you what you recommend as they plan their own wedding, Elle Rose will be the first thing that comes to mind, and for very good reason! 5 stars times a million. Thanks Laurie, and Maggie, too!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Anna D

ElleRose was the best decision I made for my wedding!! I could not be happier with our photos. Every moment was beautifully captured, even those special touching moments that are so difficult to get on film! Laurie even helped to coordinate with other vendors and was able to... Read More pull us through some hectic moments! I'm so glad she was there to help! Though I wish I had taken advantage of the whole Elle Rose package and utilized their "day of" coordinator! Thank you, Laurie!

Reviewed on 10/07/2016 Jackie M

Laurie is AMAZING. When you think of your dream wedding, I think a natural second thought is how you want to capture and remember that day. Laurie is there to capture all of those special moments. She is SO organized & even better, she has a built in wedding planner! I cannot... Read More tell you how wonderful it was to have my planner & my photographer be one in the same. They both had very detailed timelines for me, numerous checklists, and everything else in between. They hands down were the reason for any remaining bits of sanity in those last few weeks :) Oh, and the pictures. OH the pictures. We had Laurie do a (complimentary) engagement session, our rehearsal dinner, AND our 12 hour wedding day. We got our photos back on two jammed packed USBs totally organized by event and by theme so it was easy to navigate through the literally thousands of photos. Our photos were so unique and personal. The beautiful blog post that Laurie put together after our wedding featuring photos and insights from the day is a page I still visit often. Not only are Laurie & her team professional, but they are FUN! These girls had us laughing from the engagement shoot to the planning meetings and all the way to the end of our wedding night, when we made Laurie put down the camera and show off her SICK dance moves!! It was just an all around great experience working with this group. We are now pregnant and cannot wait to use Laurie for our first family photos.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Katie C

Elle Rose Photography was absolutely wonderful!!! My husband and I could not be happier with the service we received with Laurie and her second shooter! From my very first email and phone call with Laurie I knew she was the best option to photograph our wedding day! She is super... Read More organized, easy to talk to, has great ideas and is SO fun to work with - a true all around professional! She has this great website to view all of her information and manage your contract. It was most important to my husband and I to find the best photographer possible and we certainly did this with Laurie. We could not LOVE our photos more - they are just perfect! Laurie was awesome with working with the crazy Chicago weather elements for our March wedding! She has so many creative ideas for to provide classic, timeless wedding photos along with fun poses and awesome memories to last a lifetime. We felt the prices were very fair and there were several photography options to choose from. Laurie is extremely flexible as well! She is available for many locations to do engagement pictures; and went to multiple locations for us on our wedding day for family and bridal party pictures! She kept us on time for everything (which was such a huge help because we have a huge family and had a large bridal party). Honestly I can't say enough great things about Laurie. It was pretty much effortless to work with her and she met all of our photo requests! I LOVE that I have her pictures to look back and relive our amazing wedding day! We will definitely be using here again in the future for more photography needs! :)

Reviewed on 7/21/2016

As soon as my husband and I got engaged I knew that I wanted Laurie to be our photographer! I had seen her blog posts and spoke with friends who had her as their photographer and knew that she would capture our big day perfectly. I honestly can't say enough great things about... Read More her! From the planning process to the day of to the follow ups she was professional, organized, informative, kind, and outgoing, which helped everything run smoothly and allowed my husband and I to enjoy every second of our wedding. Not to mention, our photos are AMAZING! I highly recommend her to future brides, always have and always will :)

Reviewed on 7/20/2016 Melissa S

Working with Laurie was the absolute best part of our wedding. We did an engagement shoot so we could be sure to be comfortable with photos and she made that a very easy experience and we couldn't wait until the wedding day. On our wedding day Laurie kept us laughing and made... Read More the entire experience the easiest and most pain free aspect of our day. We had a wonderful experience and hope to continue working with her for different photo experiences in the future!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016

My husband and I had an amazing experience with Elle Rose Photography. Laurie did both our engagement session and our wedding. We were thrilled with how the all of the pictures turned out. She is extremely talented as well as a joy to work with!! She will definitely be doing... Read More sessions for us in the future!!

Reviewed on 4/28/2016 Paola

I don't know where to begin with Laurie! She is an amazing photographer as well has a great person. Laurie makes you look and feel so beautiful as she snaps away, she captures photos you didn't know you can take. I knew I wanted her as our photographer before I was even engaged,... Read More when she made my now husband smile and laugh taking a picture of us at a friends wedding. Laurie is definitely a must have photographer for more reasons than one.

Reviewed on 4/01/2016 Jessy W

Finding a photographer was our top priority for our wedding and we could not have been happier with Elle Rose. Laurie is obviously an amazing photographer but perhaps more importantly, she is an amazing person. She invests so much in each of her clients getting to know you and... Read More your priorities, your day-of schedule, your preferences, must-have photos, and more. She was like my right-hand on my wedding day, literally carrying my bouquet, lipstick, and whatever else I didn't have a spare hand for. She knew how to make us and everyone on the other side of the camera comfortable. She even calmed by day-of butterflies when she showed up at our getting ready location! Multiple guests of ours let us know how awesome they thought Laurie was and many people got lovely photos of their own families, which was an awesome bonus. We still absolutely love looking at our photos from our wedding day--they captured every moment so perfectly it's difficult to find words to describe how we feel about them. If you're considering hiring Laurie, look no further and close the deal! You will not regret it!

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Libby V

Elle Rose did an absolutely amazing job on our wedding pictures! We loved the images and had so many to choose from. Laurie didn't miss a beat. She captured every little detail of our wedding. Another awesome aspect when working with Elle Rose was the precise planning with a... Read More Timeline. Laurie made sure we kept everything on schedule, which was key. I now have so many beautiful and unique images that I will cherish forever. I would highly recommend Elle Rose!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015

Choosing the right photographer for our big day was of top priority in our planning. After having so many recommendations for Elle Rose and seeing all of her beautiful work, we knew it was the right decision. Laurie was SO awesome from the very first conversation we had, and... Read More continued to be AMAZING throughout the entire process. All of her thoughtful packages and messages we received throughout the process truly shows how much she appreciates her customers and enjoys what she does! Laurie was always available to answer any questions and offer her assistance in making decisions. Seeing our pictures for the first time brought tears to my eyes. She did such an awesome job of capturing every moment of the day. I am so thrilled we chose Laurie, and would recommend her a million times over! Thanks Laurie, for all your hard work, and giving us beautiful pictures to relive our big day over and over!:)

Reviewed on 11/17/2015

Laurie is a true professional. Working with her was effortless. She made us feel right at ease and was excellent at finding the right spot for a beautiful picture. She is an amazing photographer and person. We were beyond thrilled in choosing to work with Laurie.

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Ann M

We can't say enough about Elle Rose Photo! Laurie is an incredibly talented professional with an amazing eye. We were at ease from the moment we met her. Needless to say, the end product was phenomenal. We absolutely adore our photos and the moments captured. Laurie is a class... Read More act with an amazing talent. Book her now!

Reviewed on 10/09/2015 Jane M

I knew the day we got engaged I wanted Laurie to be our photographer! I love seeing all the work she posts on her blog and Facebook. She photographed my best friends wedding and the second I saw her photos I knew I wanted Laurie to do mine when the time came. From the... Read More beginning, Laurie was amazing! She made the entire process so much fun! We were so grateful she traveled to our venue out of state with us. Our wedding photographs turned out gorgeous and I cannot wait to put them all over my house!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2015

Laurie is the most amazing photographer ever! We couldn't be any happier with our wedding pictures. After following Laurie on FB and seeing her fabulous work I knew right when we got engaged I wanted to work with her. It was the best decision we ever made. Our photographs are... Read More gorgeous and Laurie was so easy and fun to work with. Beyond taking pictures Laurie helped with all the details on the day of the wedding to keep things running smoothly. I highly recommend Elle Rose photo for all your photography needs.