Eloquent Photography & DJ

Serving Iowa & Beyond

"Phuntography" & All-Inclusive!

Photography can be fun - We promise! We don't believe that a perfectly 'posed' picture makes for the perfect picture. And All-Inclusive? That's right! We offer DJ and photo booth services as well! We put together a coordinated, worry-free day from start to finish. We simply take care of you!

Classic, Documentary, Modern

Engagement

Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums

15231 Prairie Ave, Urbandale, IA Serving Iowa & Beyond (515) 554-3132

A great photographer/DJ who is energetic and genuinely loves what he does!!

Reviewed on 9/25/2013 Julie B

I found Aaron and Eloquent photography by sheer luck and the help of a generic Google search. I liked his website pictures, LOVED his prices and decided to contact him for more information. From the first e-mail Aaron has been quick to respond, easy-going and meticulous with his... Read More photos and attention to detail. He not only takes great pictures, he captures the spirit of the couple and LISTENS. I am so thankful that I have someone talented, fun and energetic to capture our big day and all of the points in between!!

Fun & Personable

Reviewed on 5/08/2014 Claire G

Aaron was both our photographer and DJ. He was just so much fun to work with and even my new husband commented on how much he enjoyed the photos and reception. He took his time to make sure that all of the photos I wanted got taken and when we were able to get outdoors for... Read More some fun shots, he had some great ideas. The reception was very fun. Aaron not only kept things moving, but you could just tell he was having a good time too. I got many comments on how neat it was that he was able to do so much. I don't think our dancefloor was empty all night!

Mother approved!

Reviewed on 9/28/2013 Bren T

My son and new daughter used eloquent for their photographer and photo booth. I was very impressed by the thought and care Aaron took on their photos. They got the traditional family shots and some really creative ones. I was touched when he spent extra time and attention... Read More with my elderly mother. The photo booth was a lot of fun for the guests and my son even got a copy of all the photos taken. I could not have asked for a better person to work with on their special day.

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Rachel G

I don't know who was happier with how my wedding went, me or my mom! My mom was worried enough about everything for the two of us, but Aaron was just so helpful. Our photos are wonderful and our reception was a blast. We got so many comments from friends about everything Aaron... Read More was doing. I know I'll be seeing him again at a friends wedding or two. Thank you!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Amy M

Our day couldn't have been more perfect, and some of the credit definitely goes to Aaron. He was our photographer and our DJ and it was like having my own wedding planner all day. I really can't thank you enough. And our photos are awesome!

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Michelle W

Aaron wasn't available as a photographer on our wedding day, but we were able to get him as our DJ - I'm so glad we did! The music was great, the dance floor was full ALL NIGHT, and he pretty much just took care of everything. He kept everything going. I don't think I had to... Read More ask what to do even once! I'll be sending every friend his way!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Hailey A

Aaron was great to work with, and we can't thank him enough. Our day could not have gone as smooth as it did without his help. Our pictures were done in 1/2 the time anyone thought possible - And turned out great! And our reception was so much fun! Going with Aaron as our... Read More photographer and DJ was easily our best decision of the day. I've already given his info to 2 of my best friends.

Reviewed on 4/18/2017 Sarah N

Aaron knows exactly what needs to be done and helped us in so many ways. I think I emailed him 100 times! I can't thank him enough for his help before and during our wedding. I haven't seen our photos just yet, but he was a blast as our DJ. At the very end, he took a huge photo... Read More of everyone that was still there. I can't wait to see that one!

Reviewed on 4/12/2017 Addison B

I can't thank Aaron enough for all he did on our wedding day. There were so many things that I overlooked, and he simply stepped-in and made things happen. Our day was wonderful, our photos are great, and Aaron was just as fun as our DJ. Thank you!

Reviewed on 12/18/2016 Natalie D

We were very unpleasantly surprised by the service we received by the DJ and photography packages from Aaron. Let's start with the photography services. He was not good at remembering what we talked about or what we wanted. He asked us multiple times, in person and on the phone,... Read More the same questions. I would have thought he would have at least made some notes. This worried me a little bit for the actual wedding day, as I was nervous he would forget some of the details we talked about. However, he ensured us that we needed to just relax and let him do his job. We didn't need to make a photo list or a to do list for him. That was one of the biggest regrets of our wedding. He forgot to take all the combinations of groups, fun pictures, specialty pictures, and item pictures (shoes, invitations, dress) that we wanted. It was hard for us to remember all those in the moment but clearly we should not have trusted him to remember, because he didn't. My husband wanted fun, artistic, creative, and candid photos and Aaron just didn't have that talent. He also didn't create enough time for us to do some fun pictures. There were no artistic vision and creative photos that I was hoping for. Just plane old straight line formal pictures. The best candid picture was one that my husband made us do. He also took very few pictures of the dancing at the reception. This was one of his selling points, that he was there all night, so we would have pictures from all night. In terms of the price, I understand now that you get what you pay for. Cheap price for cheap quality. As for the DJ services, this was not up to par either. He did not play some of the most important songs that we wanted. We understood that not all the songs on our playlist would be played but we tried to let him know which ones were most important and he still didn't play them. He messed up with announcing the shuttle bus TWICE. This means our guests didn't get a ride when they wanted and we wasted hundreds of dollars on the shuttle that just sat there. My husband was also distracted from our reception because he was the one that ended up having to keep track of the shuttle. If very mediocre pictures and an ok DJ is what you are looking for, you found your vendor. However, we were deceived with what were expecting and in tears with disappointment on the pictures. We can't go back and change anything now but if we could, I would never book him.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Kayla M

Aaron was great! We used Eloquent Photography for both photographer and DJ, it worked out great to do it together! We had a lot if people be skeptical about it but it all went really smooth and Aaron was easy and fun to work with! He did a great job! We even got a lot of... Read More compliments from guests and family about how great if s jobrhey thought he did and how energetic he stayed the entire night. Would recommend to anyone!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Michelle H

Aaron at Eloquent Photography was the BEST photographer we could have chosen for our wedding! I found Aaron at the Des Moines Iowa Bridal Fair. What my husband and I really liked about Aaron's service is that he was our engagement/wedding photographer AND the DJ at our wedding... Read More reception who also continued to take pictures throughout the night at our reception. Having one person for both services was a nice relief! Aaron found unique locations for our engagement shoot that were personalized for us. The closer our wedding day came, Aaron made sure we knew exactly what to expect. The day of our wedding he was early, set up and was ready to go right on time. The pictures he took are exactly what we wanted and seemed to capture precious moments as they happened without us even knowing it. Aaron seems to have a passion for quality and exceeding expectations. I knew from our first meeting we were in good hands by going with Eloquent Photography and I was right! Looking back on our wedding day using Eloquent Photography for our pictures and DJ service was the BEST decision we made!

Reviewed on 1/29/2016 Deanna T

Eloquent Photography took our wedding photos. I thought the pricing was great and Aaron was one of the easiest vendors I worked with during the wedding. I love my photos and photo book. I wished we had used his DJ service as the one we used did not turn out well. Thank... Read More you, Aaron, for making me feel special on my day.

Reviewed on 1/28/2016

We used Eloquent Photography for Photography, DJ, and Photo booth. After meeting with Aaron initially I gained an instant comfort with booking all services with one company. He was very receptive to my thoughts and ideas. Our wedding day did not go on without any hiccups, but... Read More I can tell you that none of those involved his services. Aaron was prompt, courteous, very easy to work with, and really made everything run so well. I found it particularly touching that he danced with the children during a few of our songs. The music was great and the pictures turned out better than we could have expected. Thank you so much for being a part of our day!

Eloquent Photography and DJ

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Victoria M

Aaron is amazing! We used him as our photographer and DJ. He was very easy to work with and very accommodating with us changing our timeline at the last moment. In addition we were provided with a disc of our photographs as well as the copyrights to all of the pictures so that... Read More we may print them at our leisure. I highly recommend using Aaron!!

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Rachel E

I cannot say enough times how much I enjoyed working with Aaron and Eloquent Photography. He was absolutely fantastic. We used the photography, DJ and photo booth combo and we've heard nothing but positive things from our guests. They LOVED the photo booth. And we loved looking... Read More at the photo booth pictures! My only gripes (and they're not even that significant - definitely wouldn't drop him to 4 stars over them): - Your photos will come touched up, but no filters or fancy stuff like that. But they will come so you can do that stuff to them as you so choose. I've instagram filtered some of mine and they look amazing. - He didn't correct some of the positioning in the family photos so we have a few photos where people aren't standing by each other and there are large gaps in the group of people. - We didn't take any photos of just me :( So I have no photos of just me and my dress. Which kind of sucks, but I didn't speak up - didn't even think about it either. Chances are it won't matter in the future, but they would be nice to have. But I would use Aaron again, for sure and recommend him to everybody. He was prompt, knew his stuff and delivered on time. A+ experience!

Krulk Wedding

Reviewed on 4/01/2015

My husband and I were very pleased with Eloquent Photography. We booked photo and DJ. I have zero complaints and instead have many compliments (from my guests as well). Price was great and Aaron was very professional and kind from start to finish. Couldn't have asked for a... Read More better photographer/DJ. I loved our engagement and wedding photos. Aaron was able to make the process of being photographed fun. Thanks, Aaron!! I will refer your services to all of my current and future engaged friends/family.

I'm just so happy!

Reviewed on 11/01/2014 Cindy B

Aaron took engagement photos, wedding photos, and was our DJ - And I absolutely could not have been happier. Our engagement photos were wonderful, and we used many of them to decorate our reception. I know our wedding photos will be equally great! The whole process was... Read More nothing but friendly and personable. As a DJ Aaron was a ton of fun. He had everyone dancing and was constantly interacting with our guests. It was a real party! We would recommend Aaron to anyone!

Great day

Reviewed on 10/11/2014 Samantha E

My son and daughter-in-law got married this past April and they used Eloquent Photography & DJ for their day. I felt it was necessary to leave a review from the parents point of view. I felt very welcome around Aaron from the very beginning. I went with my daughter-in-law to... Read More visit with him before he was booked. Aaron answered all my questions and allowed me to ask things in depth. This put me at ease right from the beginning. That ease continued all the way through the big day. Everything went so smooth even as minor things popped up (as they always do). You would not even tell by how calm and professional Aaron was. I highly recommend him for anyone looking to get married. We can't thank him enough for all that he did for our son on his most special day.

Thank you so much!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2014

Aaron was amazing to work with. He did our engagement photos as well as our wedding, and we couldn't have been happier with every single photo. He made everything seem fun, and it just really came through. He was also our DJ. Again, he made everything so easy. And you... Read More could tell just how much he enjoyed being there. He was always so envolved with my family and bridal party... Even my dad mentioned how well he did.

Telling all of our friends!

Reviewed on 9/04/2014 Susan I

Aaron was with us start to finish. He was our photographer AND DJ! We had such a nice time with Aaron. He was just on top of things and made pictures fun. As our DJ he was open to requests and kept our dance floor full all night. We've had all of our soon to be married... Read More friends ask about him. We gave out his info immediately... So, we'll likely see you again! Thank you for everything!!

Best night of my life

Reviewed on 8/26/2014 Jessica H

My fiance, now husband, and I used Aaron for our wedding. We went with his 3-service package (photography, dj, and photobooth). I cannot say enough about how friendly he was from start to finish. The service was great. He ROCKED our reception and people could not stop saying... Read More how impressed they were. The photos turned out beautiful!! It was the best night that I could have ever imagined. Thank you, Aaron!!

Couldn't have asked for more!

Reviewed on 7/14/2014 Joy H

Aaron was our photographer AND dj. We really liked the idea of combining services/bills/etc, but weren't exactly sure how it would all work out... Aaron was great! We couldn't have asked for more, and everything just went so smoothly. The pre-ceremony photos took FAR less... Read More time than everyone thought they would - He was there throughout the ceremony - He came with us to take some fun (and cold) outdoor photos - And when we finally got to our reception, everything was just so worry free! We would recommend Aaron to anyone! He was great to work with, and the photos are all so wonderful. We'll enjoy looking through these for many, many years.

What a great experience!

Reviewed on 6/22/2014 Amanda G

We worked with Eloquent Photography for our engagement photos, wedding day of photos, photo booth, and DJ services. Everything went perfectly from start to finish. Aaron is such a great person to work with and by the end, really truly became a friend. He had our best interest at... Read More heart from start to finish. Simply put, I am so glad I chose Eloquent Photography to help make my special day so memorable.

Wonderful Service!

Reviewed on 6/08/2014 Krystal T

We booked Aaron for photography and DJ services. He was always in touch via email or phone and called the week of our wedding to make sure all the final details were set. We ended up finishing our planned photos much more quickly than we had planned, and had time for extra fun... Read More photos that Aaron came up with. The music was great and everyone enjoyed the selections. We didn't have to do a thing during the day, Aaron and his assistant took care of everything.