Elysia Root Cakes

Greater Chicagoland, NWI, Lake Geneva and surrounding areas

Always Couture, Always Custom, Always Uniquely You

Elysia Root Cakes is a Chicago based designer of beautiful bespoke wedding and special occasion cakes. Every cake created by the Elysia Root Cakes team is always couture, always custom and always uniquely you. From modern and contemporary to sophisticated and elegant, Elysia Root Cakes can create the cake of your dreams. Contact us today to set up your cake consultation and tasting appointment!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1939 W. Fulton St, Chicago, IL Greater Chicagoland, NWI, Lake Geneva and surrounding areas (312) 344-1046

Reviewed on 7/27/2017 Juliana B

Elysia is THE BEST! She went above and beyond ever expectation from start to finish. The tasting was so much fun. Seeing her designs was so much fun. And seeing the final product was WOW! We had the rare treat that we had some free time after photos to relax, so I happened to... Read More get to see Elysia when she was setting up the cake. Getting to see the cake with the room all set up with no guests yet arrived was really magical. I burst into happy tears upon seeing it. And to top it all off, all the guests absolutely loved the taste of the cake. Elysia Root is so accommodating and amazing and I highly highly recommend her!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2017 Da Sel C

Elysia was super easy-going and great to work with. She was very responsive via email and flexible. She provided us with a detailed sketch of our cake after hearing all our requests. Most importantly, the cake was delicious! We got rave reviews from our guests - especially the... Read More pistachio cake with almond buttercream filling. Multiple people said it was the best cake they've had. We highly recommend going with Elysia if you are looking for someone to create the perfect wedding cake.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lara L

It was a joy to work with Elysia Root Cakes to create my wedding cake. Elysia did a great job translating my vision into reality. The cake was moist, flavorful and exactly as promised. It's rare to find vendors that deliver on what they promised, Elysia Root Cakes did exactly... Read More that. My guests tell me the cake was the best part of the wedding. I am so thankful I found Elysia. Cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 11/11/2017 Emily F

Elysia Root Cakes provided the cake for our wedding in September 2017 and she was absolutely incredible to work with. She is very professional and made us the cake of our dreams. Not only did it end up looking spectacular, but it tasted amazing and we had many of our guests... Read More tell us how delicious they thought it was. We already cannot wait to get our anniversary cake from her next year! To anyone looking for the perfect bakery to create that stunning cake for their big day, look no further - Elysia Root is simply the best.

Reviewed on 10/18/2017 Allison M

Our wedding cake was incredible! Elysia's design was perfection! We chose 2 different combinations. One was five layers of lemon cake with two layers of blueberry buttercream filling and one layer of cream cheese filling. The second was five layers of red velvet cake with 2... Read More layers of oreo buttercream filling and one layer of cream cheese filling. Both combinations were covered with Swiss imported rolled fondant! Every guest loved the cake! My husband and I made sure each favor made it's way to our honeymoon suite for a late night snack! Thank you Elysia. You and your team are wonderful to work with!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Sabrina S

Working with Elysia Root Cakes was a fantastic experience. We had a vision for our cake, and she and her team delivered - spot on! Our beautiful six-tiered cake was alternating vanilla and chocolate layers with Nutella butter cream and chocolate fudge and it was the most... Read More delicious cake I have ever eaten - hands down! We've had multiple people reach out to us to ask where the cake was from and if they could possibly get some more of it. The exterior of the cake was the most extraordinary, elegant cake I have ever seen (I might be biased, haha). The hand-painted gold dust brush strokes and the fondant ribbon we're the perfect touches to the perfect wedding cake. I can't wait to place another order from Elysia Root. Thank you so very much for bringing our cake vision to life and for having it taste just as amazing as it looked!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Camila S

Elysia was amazing! If you are looking for the best carrot cake, don't look any further! Elysia's carrot cake and all other cakes are amazing. She worked with us in creating the design we wanted and clearly communicated with us throughout the process. We cannot wait for next... Read More year when we get our 1 year anniversary cake!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Vernice H

I would definitely recommend Elysia’s root cakes for brides or any person that’s looking for not only quality in cakes, but professionalism.. From the moment I walked into her establishment I knew that I was going to get my wedding cake from there. Elysia was very attentive to... Read More my needs and budget, She didn’t try to sell anything that I didn’t want, Her first response was what would you like in a cake? That spoke volumes to me.. So don’t just take it from me take it from all of the great reviews and go and get yourself an Elysia’s root cake..

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Brenna W

Elysia Root Cakes did an amazing job on our wedding cake. At the consultation Elysia provided me with many options, both in terms of flavor profiles and design, but did not overwhelm me and helped me arrive at a choice. She was somehow already familiar with the cake design... Read More photos I brought in for inspiration, but also had her own books for me to look at. She stayed in contact as we finalized a print design (one of my tiers had a print) and adjusted flavors and quantities. She was very professional and matter of fact, which is something I appreciated during this period of stress and given my short timeline. The completed cake looked just as I imagined it and, importantly to me, was completely delicious.

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Blair V

There are not enough words to describe how amazing Elysia is! From the cake tasting to the execution on our wedding day to receiving our 1st anniversary tier a year after the wedding, everything was flawless. As someone who takes cake very seriously and has always dreamed about... Read More my wedding cake, Elysia made my very intricate dream cake a reality. Not only is her cake the best thing I’ve ever tasted in my life, her thoughtfulness and attention to detail made working with her beyond enjoyable. The magnificent cake was the center of attention throughout the night and we received so many compliments from our guests about it being the best wedding cake they had ever seen/tasted. What she does is magical and it is truly an honor to have a wedding cake made by her.

Reviewed on 8/20/2017 Sharon S

From the cake tasting process to designing our cakes to the final products, Elysia was an absolute pleasure to work with! Her detailed and thorough summaries of our wedding cake and grooms cake with handwritten sketches showed us exactly what our cakes would look like. Elysia... Read More Roots is so meticulous with details that they request color swatches to be hand delivered to their studio to ensure they match the color perfectly with our vision. Elysia's innovative skills brought our vision of our cakes to life and made our buttercream and fondant dreams come true! The groom's cake was a bigger hit than our wedding cake where Elysia was able to take our ideas for an infectious diseases theme to the next level. Not only was the presentation of our cakes spectacular but the cakes were so delicious! Many of our guests including ourselves thought this was the best wedding cake we've ever had! The only thing we wish was included was a wedding cake stand.

Reviewed on 6/17/2017 Francine C

We had the pleasure to have our wedding cake by Elysia Root Cakes. It was absolutely delicious. Ww will continue to use Elysia's services in the future. Thank you so much for adding to our memory. Looking forward the topper on our 1st anniversary😊.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Eric P

Our wedding cake was not only one of the best things I've eaten this year, but it belonged in a museum. We chose a "Chicago" theme for our cake and wedding, and Elysia Root delivered! The process was very easy, they're involved with the Green Wedding Alliance, and best of all we... Read More have a 1 year anniversary cake to look forward to that was included in our purchase!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Megan K

We didn't do a traditional wedding cake, but Elysia and her team helped me pull of the best surprise for my groom - an airplane groom's cake! He's a commercial airline pilot, so I wanted to have the cake look as realistic as possible with some personal touches. Elysia made it... Read More happen in spectacular fashion! The look on his face when he saw the cake was priceless and it's one of my favorite moments of the day! Even all of his airline buddies have commented about how great the cake looked! The cake itself was delicious!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Angela T

I typically do not love wedding cakes, Elysia definitely changed my mind!!! The cake tasting was so much fun, this was my husbands favorite part of the wedding planning. The wedding cake exceeded my expectations, absolutely delicious! We loved it so much, we are surprising... Read More our family for Thanksgiving with another taste of the delicious cake. Thank you Elysia!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 julie k

Working with Elysia was an absolute pleasure. Our cake was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted, and our guests raved as well - trying their best to snag a slice of both of the cake flavors we had selected! The service we received was top notch and Elysia was super... Read More professional and attentive, while still being charming and personable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone with discriminating taste looking for the best of the best in custom wedding cakes. Thank you so much for the amazing memories Elysia!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stephen T

Can't say enough good things! From the tasting appointment, to responsiveness with our requests, to day-of attention to detail, we couldn't be happier. I can't believe Elysia's creativity and thoughtfulness. Elysia designed a lace pattern for the sides of our wedding cake, and... Read More she matched it to my wife's dress! She found the lace pattern of the dress and reproduced it exactly on the cake. If you want your guests to remember your cake for years to come, this is the place.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Carolyn M

When we went for our cake taking we were blown away. Elysia personally sat down with us and listened to our ideas and cake visions. She allowed us to describe our dream wedding cake through words and pictures and sketched up a drawing of what we were describing on the spot.... Read More This allowed us to know that she understood exactly what we wanted. She is not only a cake designer and baker but an artist. You can feel and see her artistic creative during the cake tasting. Her creativity and artistry is impeccable. The day of our wedding her team delivered our wedding cake to the venue made sure is was set up and photo ready. When we tasted our wedding cake we could taste the freshness and every flavor/filling we chose. Our 4 tier cake was spectacular and the guests could not stop raving about the freshness and the design. We were so thrilled to be able to work with the best cake designer and baker in Chicago!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Thadeus P

Elysia and her team designed our wedding cake and it was absolutely perfect. The wedding cake is such an important piece of the celebration and my wife and I could not have been happier. The cake design was phenomenal, the taste and texture of the cake was delicious and... Read More absolutely no stress over delivery or set up of the cake. When meeting Elysia at the tasting you can feel her excitement and warmth to help make your day as special as possible. Design wise, there is nothing Elysia can't create, her artistic ability is astonishing. I highly recommend Elysia and her team! Elysia's reputation speaks for itself and you would be doing yourself a serious disservice if you don't at least set up a tasting. Thank you for making our day so special!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Gregory B

Ms. Root designed and delivered and outstanding cake for us and our guests at our wedding. Even taking the time to personally deliver and set up our cake. During the design phase she listened and developed a truly unique design based on our requirements. All of our guests,... Read More including those with the most discriminating tastes, thought the cake was wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle G

Elysia and her team were such a pleasure to work with! Picking out and designing our wedding cake was definitely our favorite part of planning our wedding. The tasting was so beautifully done and the cake was to die for! We're still having guests tell us how yummy the cake was!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jordan F

Elysia Root Cakes created our wedding and anniversary cake and they were AMAZING. We never actually met until we picked up our one year anniversary tier, but they were the easiest vendor to work with. We provided photos of what we were looking for and the cake turned out... Read More beautifully. The flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. We highly recommend Elysia Root Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kimberly C

Elysia was patient and understanding with us during our cake tasting especially when it came to deciding on a design. She did a wonderful job putting our ideas together to make a beautiful and delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Tracy P

Elysia has to be one of the best cake designers in Chicago. Our cake was beautiful and our desserts were delicious. I highly recommend them, another great vendor recommendation by Greenhouse Loft. If it wasn't for Greenhouse Loft I never would have found such amazing vendors! I... Read More honestly can't thank each of them enough.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Brittanie A

Our guests are still raving about the taste of our cake! Many of Chicago's bakeries can make a cake look good (and her designs are perfection) but not one of them taste like Elysia's! To us, this really set Elysia Root Cake apart from the rest. She went above and beyond to... Read More create a custom flavor from my childhood (cherry chip!) that my family loved. My personal favorite, the pistachio filling with the dark chocolate cake, is to die for! I've made my new husband promise that every birthday and anniversary cake from here on out will be from Elysia. She is also a dream to work with. So creative! It was easily one of the best parts of the wedding planning process. The tasting was so much fun. Thank you, Elysia Root Cake!

Elysia Root

Elysia and her team specializes in creating exquisite and artisan sugar flower décor that results in an unforgettable keepsake and showcases each couple’s wedding style. A wedding is more memorable when everything is “favorites” of the couple and that absolutely applies to the flavor of the cake! Like the outside of the cake, the inside can be just as customized and we love working with our clients to create a scrumptious cake that tastes as good as it looks! Elysia believes that each wedding cake that she and her team creates should be always couture, always custom, and always uniquely you!