Elysia Root Cakes

Greater Chicagoland, NWI, Lake Geneva and surrounding areas

Always Couture, Always Custom, Always Uniquely You

Elysia Root Cakes is a Chicago based designer of beautiful bespoke wedding and special occasion cakes. Every cake created by the Elysia Root Cakes team is always couture, always custom and always uniquely you. From modern and contemporary to sophisticated and elegant, Elysia Root Cakes can create the cake of your dreams. Contact us today to set up your cake consultation and tasting appointment!

Dietary Options

Dairy Free, Gluten Free, Organic, Vegan, Vegetarian

Cake Stands, Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Groom's Cakes, Cakes + Desserts

1939 W. Fulton St, Chicago, IL Greater Chicagoland, NWI, Lake Geneva and surrounding areas (312) 344-1046

THE best in Chicago

Reviewed on 2/26/2015 Shannon G

Let me start by saying that I am a wedding planner in Chicago, and was determined to assemble the very best team for my own wedding day. My husband and I got married at a venue that did all of their desserts in house, but I specifically had it written into the contract that I... Read More could bring in Elysia Root desserts because I felt so strongly that her work was the absolute best. From the moment you walk in for your tasting, you are in awe of the beautiful studio, the sweetness of Elysia herself, and the attention and care to each and every detail from start to finish. Our wedding cake and desserts were absolute show stoppers and are one of the things our guests still cannot stop talking about! When our desserts came out of the kitchen, everyone turned their head including us! I promise you you cannot go wrong with Elysia and her talented team!

DELICIOUS CAKE

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Alecia T

My meeting with Elysia was great. I literally had NO IDEA what I wanted, and she helped to steer my fiancee towards a BEAUTIFUL cake and an amazing sweets table. I really hate fondant, and theirs actually tastes good. I am sad, I only got one bite of cake during my wedding (the... Read More one that was smashed in my face), but I am looking forward to our one year anniversary where Elysia Root will bake us a new top tier. From what I was told, it tasted great! I will use them again if I have another event!

Reviewed on 6/04/2015 Rebecca S

Working with Elysia was incredibly easy. She is organized, thorough, accommodating, kind, talented, creative, and most importantly, makes delicious cakes! This is hands-down the best gluten free cake I have ever tasted. Guests didn't notice a difference in taste, while I was... Read More able to enjoy the dessert without the horrible side effects from gluten. I also loved the option of selecting a different flavor combination for each tier of the cake. While it was cohesive on the outside, it was like having 3 different cakes on the inside.

Reviewed on 1/16/2017 Eric P

Our wedding cake was not only one of the best things I've eaten this year, but it belonged in a museum. We chose a "Chicago" theme for our cake and wedding, and Elysia Root delivered! The process was very easy, they're involved with the Green Wedding Alliance, and best of all we... Read More have a 1 year anniversary cake to look forward to that was included in our purchase!

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Megan K

We didn't do a traditional wedding cake, but Elysia and her team helped me pull of the best surprise for my groom - an airplane groom's cake! He's a commercial airline pilot, so I wanted to have the cake look as realistic as possible with some personal touches. Elysia made it... Read More happen in spectacular fashion! The look on his face when he saw the cake was priceless and it's one of my favorite moments of the day! Even all of his airline buddies have commented about how great the cake looked! The cake itself was delicious!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Angela T

I typically do not love wedding cakes, Elysia definitely changed my mind!!! The cake tasting was so much fun, this was my husbands favorite part of the wedding planning. The wedding cake exceeded my expectations, absolutely delicious! We loved it so much, we are surprising... Read More our family for Thanksgiving with another taste of the delicious cake. Thank you Elysia!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lara L

It was a joy to work with Elysia Root Cakes to create my wedding cake. Elysia did a great job translating my vision into reality. The cake was moist, flavorful and exactly as promised. It's rare to find vendors that deliver on what they promised, Elysia Root Cakes did exactly... Read More that. My guests tell me the cake was the best part of the wedding. I am so thankful I found Elysia. Cannot thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 julie k

Working with Elysia was an absolute pleasure. Our cake was the best wedding cake I've ever tasted, and our guests raved as well - trying their best to snag a slice of both of the cake flavors we had selected! The service we received was top notch and Elysia was super... Read More professional and attentive, while still being charming and personable. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her to anyone with discriminating taste looking for the best of the best in custom wedding cakes. Thank you so much for the amazing memories Elysia!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Stephen T

Can't say enough good things! From the tasting appointment, to responsiveness with our requests, to day-of attention to detail, we couldn't be happier. I can't believe Elysia's creativity and thoughtfulness. Elysia designed a lace pattern for the sides of our wedding cake, and... Read More she matched it to my wife's dress! She found the lace pattern of the dress and reproduced it exactly on the cake. If you want your guests to remember your cake for years to come, this is the place.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Carolyn M

When we went for our cake taking we were blown away. Elysia personally sat down with us and listened to our ideas and cake visions. She allowed us to describe our dream wedding cake through words and pictures and sketched up a drawing of what we were describing on the spot.... Read More This allowed us to know that she understood exactly what we wanted. She is not only a cake designer and baker but an artist. You can feel and see her artistic creative during the cake tasting. Her creativity and artistry is impeccable. The day of our wedding her team delivered our wedding cake to the venue made sure is was set up and photo ready. When we tasted our wedding cake we could taste the freshness and every flavor/filling we chose. Our 4 tier cake was spectacular and the guests could not stop raving about the freshness and the design. We were so thrilled to be able to work with the best cake designer and baker in Chicago!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Thadeus P

Elysia and her team designed our wedding cake and it was absolutely perfect. The wedding cake is such an important piece of the celebration and my wife and I could not have been happier. The cake design was phenomenal, the taste and texture of the cake was delicious and... Read More absolutely no stress over delivery or set up of the cake. When meeting Elysia at the tasting you can feel her excitement and warmth to help make your day as special as possible. Design wise, there is nothing Elysia can't create, her artistic ability is astonishing. I highly recommend Elysia and her team! Elysia's reputation speaks for itself and you would be doing yourself a serious disservice if you don't at least set up a tasting. Thank you for making our day so special!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Gregory B

Ms. Root designed and delivered and outstanding cake for us and our guests at our wedding. Even taking the time to personally deliver and set up our cake. During the design phase she listened and developed a truly unique design based on our requirements. All of our guests,... Read More including those with the most discriminating tastes, thought the cake was wonderful.

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Michelle G

Elysia and her team were such a pleasure to work with! Picking out and designing our wedding cake was definitely our favorite part of planning our wedding. The tasting was so beautifully done and the cake was to die for! We're still having guests tell us how yummy the cake was!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Jordan F

Elysia Root Cakes created our wedding and anniversary cake and they were AMAZING. We never actually met until we picked up our one year anniversary tier, but they were the easiest vendor to work with. We provided photos of what we were looking for and the cake turned out... Read More beautifully. The flavors we chose were just as amazing as the cake looked. We highly recommend Elysia Root Cakes!

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Kimberly C

Elysia was patient and understanding with us during our cake tasting especially when it came to deciding on a design. She did a wonderful job putting our ideas together to make a beautiful and delicious cake!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Tracy P

Elysia has to be one of the best cake designers in Chicago. Our cake was beautiful and our desserts were delicious. I highly recommend them, another great vendor recommendation by Greenhouse Loft. If it wasn't for Greenhouse Loft I never would have found such amazing vendors! I... Read More honestly can't thank each of them enough.

Reviewed on 8/16/2016 Brittanie A

Our guests are still raving about the taste of our cake! Many of Chicago's bakeries can make a cake look good (and her designs are perfection) but not one of them taste like Elysia's! To us, this really set Elysia Root Cake apart from the rest. She went above and beyond to... Read More create a custom flavor from my childhood (cherry chip!) that my family loved. My personal favorite, the pistachio filling with the dark chocolate cake, is to die for! I've made my new husband promise that every birthday and anniversary cake from here on out will be from Elysia. She is also a dream to work with. So creative! It was easily one of the best parts of the wedding planning process. The tasting was so much fun. Thank you, Elysia Root Cake!

Reviewed on 7/10/2016 Courtney B

We used Elysia Root Cakes to do both our wedding and grooms cakes and they were both incredible! She was so easy to work with; guiding us through our inspiration and ideas and coming up with the perfect cakes! The tasting was so much fun and her cakes are stunning and... Read More delicious - it was hard to choose which flavors to use! She is also extremely flexible and works with you until it's perfect. We did the carrot cake for the groom's cake (which made carrot cake fans out of many nonbelievers) and Chocolate/Vanilla cake with Salted Caramel buttercream, White Chocolate buttercream, and Chocolate Fudge Buttercream with Strawberry Conserve. The cakes were definitely a hit with guests both nights and their presentation flawless. Highly recommended!!! -Courtney and Grant

Best Cake Ever

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Samantha K

We used Elysia Root for our wedding in September 2015 and she was wonderful! We loved meeting with her and tasting the different cake options, and she even accommodated a small change in what we had discussed during our meeting. The cake turned out beautifully and we had many,... Read More many wedding guests tell us it was the best wedding cake they’ve ever had! I’d recommend Elysia Root for your wedding or other special occasion cake – she is the best!

Love Elysia Root!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

I had my wedding at the Langham Hotel and they exclusively use Elysia Root for their wedding cakes. This ended up working perfectly because Elysia is awesome and her cakes are both stunning and tasty. When we showed up for the cake tasting we had no idea what we wanted the cake... Read More to look like, but seeing Elysia's work was inspiring. Her designs are beautiful. And the tasting itself was amazing - probably my favorite part of wedding planning process! We couldn't have been more pleased with the flavors and with the design concept. We went with a coconut cake and both passionfruit buttercream and strawberry conserve, which seemed to fit an August wedding perfectly. And for the design we asked for a white cake with a delicate gold lace pattern. Going into the wedding day, I had a good idea of what to expect based on Elysia's sketch, but the cake really blew me away. It was gorgeous...and tasted amazing. It really exceeded all of our expectations!

Love Elysia Root!

Reviewed on 9/14/2015

Beautiful and Tasty!

Reviewed on 10/19/2014 Lindsay L

We got cupcakes instead of a cake and not only was it more affordable, it was fun to get to choose three different flavors! They were so beautiful and delicious we only had ten left over. The sugar flowers were so beautiful they looked like real flowers. She was so easy to work... Read More with and delivered on time.

GORGEOUS and Delicious!!

Reviewed on 1/24/2014 Eliza W

Elysia made our GLUTEN FREE cake for our December wedding and it turned out beyond amazing. We first met with her in the spring for a tasting and immediately knew we wanted her to make our cake. The tasting was a blast in itself--she allowed us to pick a handful of flavors (all... Read More GLUTEN FREE!!) and frostings and did a mix-and-match tasting. We tried so many different combinations and had a hard time choosing. She helped us put together two different wonderful combos and a beautiful pink and gold design for the cake. She also let us take home all the leftovers from the tasting to share with our family--how awesome?! The cake for the wedding itself turned out SO WONDERFUL. The first thing my sister in law said to me when I got to the reception was "HAVE YOU SEEN YOUR CAKE???" It was beautiful! And SO delicious--no one even knew the whole thing was gluten free and we got tons of compliments. Highly recommend Elysia--beautiful AND delicious cakes!!! P.S. We can't wait for our first anniversary when we can get an anniversary cake from Elysia for being one of her couples!!

a party in your mouth

Reviewed on 7/24/2013 desiree

I was a little unsure at first because i absolutely hate buttercream, but Elysia turned me into a believer. Her cake was amazing!! My mom even loved it and she refused to try it at the tasting. The cake was beautiful and beyond perfect for my wedding.

A Beautiful (& Tasty!) Cake

Reviewed on 5/28/2013 Theresa K

I highly recommend Elysia Root! She designed our wedding cake exactly how we imagined it (or, a lot better than we imagined it) and it tasted fantastic! After tasting several different flavors, my husband and I went with the banana cake, with both caramel and chocolate... Read More buttercreams. Our families were a little thrown off by the choice - but after tasting it, everyone loved it. We got countless compliments at our wedding for both the look and taste of the cake - and we could not have been more pleased with the experience. Elysia is very easy to work with - and compared to other Chicago wedding cake makers, her cakes seem to be a great value. We can't wait to go back for our one year anniversary cake (which came complimentary)!

Elysia Root

Elysia and her team specializes in creating exquisite and artisan sugar flower décor that results in an unforgettable keepsake and showcases each couple’s wedding style. A wedding is more memorable when everything is “favorites” of the couple and that absolutely applies to the flavor of the cake! Like the outside of the cake, the inside can be just as customized and we love working with our clients to create a scrumptious cake that tastes as good as it looks! Elysia believes that each wedding cake that she and her team creates should be always couture, always custom, and always uniquely you!