Emerald City Designs, The Special Event Group

Farmington Hills, MI

Where Impression is Everything...

Emerald City Designs is committed to providing services that exceed your expectations. For your event, we will combine elegance and cutting-edge originality to complement your style and personality for your wedding day. Let us bring your visions to life.

Aisle Decorations, Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquet Wraps, Bouquets, Boutonnieres, Flower Arrangements

D692bc15 0755 426d 96a9 fb6ea89c4786~rs 100
85fa7701 a953 4325 9977 f6b764454ea3~rs 100

24590 N. Industrial Dr, Farmington Hills, MI (248) 474-7077

So in love with ECD!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Sari W

It’s hard to capture in words how in love I am with Emerald City Designs! My husband and I live in Chicago, but ECD helped to make coordinating from a distance a seamless and delightful process. We always looked forward to our trips in to meet with our design and planning team –... Read More who were all so incredibly professional, fun to work with, and provided superior service from start to finish. Ann McQueen was the most talented, caring, and passionate wedding coordinator you could hope to work with. She was remarkably attentive to and thoughtful about every single detail leading up to, during, and following our wedding. Every recommendation she made was perfection – in a way that made us feel like she had known us for years - and with her by our side, we had not a single worry about how our special day would unfold. David McKnight & Nicole Beaudoin’s adaptation of the vision we had for our wedding was absolutely stunning and surpassed what we imagined and hoped for. They worked within our budget to design décor that was our dream come true and beyond. I cannot say enough how impressed and amazed not only we were with how our entire wedding turned out, but our guests as well. Our family and friends are still talking about how beautiful, intimate, and memorable our wedding day was - that it was one of the most elegant and enjoyable events they had ever attended, which was exactly what we had wanted. David’s brilliance, warmth, and generous spirit can be felt from the first moment you speak with him, and certainly translates to the exceptional special event group he has created. For every event we ever have to plan in the future, no matter the location, ECD is who we will work with, and we cannot thank them enough for planning and creating the most perfect day of our lives!

Great Flowers

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Suzanne M

I ordered flowers for my entire bridal party, they were delivered on time and efficiently. Emerald City also did the decor for my ceremony. Everything looked great, and they picked everything up afterwards. They are a vendor you paid a little more for, but you don't need to... Read More worry about them at all. One less headache, totally worth it.

Amazing Service and gorgous Flowers!!

Reviewed on 6/27/2012 Renee P

we went to Emerald panicking, 5 months before our wedding after a DISASTEROUS expierence with another florist. The staff here was beyond professional, helpful and willing to help us envision our day. We ended up going a completely different direction than the other florist's... Read More design and cannot imagine our wedding any other way! We also used their referrals on our band and videographer and were very pleased. I cannot give Emerald City designs enough praise!!! Their day of coordinators were spot on as well- always at beck and call to help us with anything and were amazing at directing our day so that we could enjoy it!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Amy P

Although the package that came from my venue did not quite cover everything, the staff was wonderful and knowledgeable, and precise in every detail!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 LaRita L

This company did the decorations for my 10/7/17 wedding on the infinity Yacht. Everything was absolutely beautiful.

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Morgan M

Emerald City is amazing! Right from the moment I stepped in their showroom, I could tell they were exactly what I was looking for. The flower arrangements, bouquets, and decor they put together for my wedding were all stunning and I got so many compliments on how beautiful... Read More everything looked. Even my dad commented on how much he liked the flowers! You cannot go wrong with ECD.

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Brianna D

Emerald City Designs does not miss a detail. They go above and beyond to ensure that your special day is one of a kind. I highly recommend.

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Carly K

We had our wedding aboard IOYC and they did all the floral and decor. They did a WONDERFUL job!! I LOVED all the bouquets, but especially mine, and they were very accommodating. We would definitely recommend them!!

Reviewed on 7/20/2017 Andrea H

Nicole B. And Cheryl are absolutely amazing at what they do. I started working with Nicole back in the early fall (wedding in May) and I expressed all the details and the experience I wanted to have around my wedding. Both my husband and I were absolutely blown away at the table... Read More preview by what the team had designed and created. On our wedding day the entire ECD staff was perfect! They received HUGE compliments from both my ceremony location and reception venue for how quick they were to set up and disassemble. I would highly recommend this company if you are looking for a little less stress through out your planning process.

Reviewed on 6/29/2017 Rebecca P

Can you say AMAZING? We held our wedding at Meadow Brook Hall with the ceremony in the Pegasus Garden and the reception in the garden tent. Nicole went absolutely above and beyond in transforming my ideas into reality. I came to her with nothing more than an eclectic pinterest... Read More board and vague descriptions of how I envisioned my wedding, and the final result was beyond even my imagination. ECD created beautiful birch and floral ceremony decor, decorated our reception with string lights and organza strung from the ceiling, 3 different coordinating table displays with varying centerpieces and tablecloths, added tons of small touches such as cocktail napkins with a monogram they created and song lyrics from our first dance song, wedding hashtag signs, they provided all of our chairs and risers for the table, a vintage furniture lounge area next to the dance floor, all perfectly coordinated with my theme... I can't even put into words how above and beyond they went. Coupled with the fact that they completed all set up and take down- we had almost nothing to do at the end of the night. We were able to simply arrive to our wedding and spend the day being blown away at everything, and then at the end of the night we got to ride away with our wedding party and know that ECD was taking care of everything. It was expensive, but I don't think you can put a price on the ease of mind you get from knowing that they are experts and are going to make sure everything turns out beautifully. If I got to do it all over again, I would use ECD every single time. Amazing, simply amazing.

Reviewed on 1/21/2017

Can't say thank you enough for an amazing day. Flowers were prefect, the set up was perfect, absolutely helped us achieve the look, feel and mood we wanted. Thank you to the whole team, you are wonderful.

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Megan H

The knot won't let me edit my other review, but I forgot the only two snags we really ran into while planning with WVL- The only big surprise was with Emerald City Designs- the company they pair you with for flowers and decor and tablecloths. The package included in the WVL... Read More bundle doesn't include any wedding party flowers at all. This shocked us and ended up costing us more than we planned on. Would've been nice to not be in the dark here. Also, our bridesmaid bouquets were to be grabbed by WVL staff during cocktail hour and put on tables for centerpieces and that didn't occur. Yet, it was still a first class, top notch wedding.

Reviewed on 11/22/2016 Kate W

I called this company to TRY and book a wedding planner. I gave all my information, was told that my wedding date was available for their services, and that someone would be in contact with me later THAT DAY. Almost a week went by and I heard from no one. When I called back... Read More to inquire, they had no record of me and informed me that my date was no longer available for their services (whether that is true or not is another story). Granted, I never actually worked with this company, but the initial impression was very weak. I'd go with someone else who actually values you and your time.

Reviewed on 10/14/2016 April B

We worked with Stacey R. during our planning process. We had our reception aboard the Ovation yacht, so our reception package included flowers and decor through ECD. They did a BEAUTIFUL job on everything. The centerpieces fit the tables perfectly and the arrangement was... Read More gorgeous. I fell in love with my bouquet and can't wait to incorporate its beauty in a keepsake frame. They listened to my thoughts/visions and truly made them come to life.

Reviewed on 9/13/2016 Jenna M

Emerald city designs did our wedding this past weekend. Everything turned out amazing! We found emerald city after we were looking for someone to do floral and decorations for our wedding. We contemplated doing DIY centerpieces and decorations but knew the cost could add up and... Read More had no idea what we would do with the decorations afterwards. We also did not want the stress of obligating friends and family to help with the set up and tear down. From our first meeting all the way up to our last day each part of the process we were taken care of and no detail was left out. All of their designers gave us ideas, showed us what was available and how they could tailor it to make it unique to our special day. Hard to believe but I had no idea other than some colors what I wanted for my bouquet. Stacey made suggestions and was an expert with the floral aspect of everything. ALL of the flowers were amazing! Prior to the big day we even go to do a "table preview" where we got to see what our guest tables would look like. This put my mind at ease knowing they had our wedding well in hand. I cannot imagine using anyone else. It was beautiful and the teamwork with the set up and tear down was awesome and also stress relieving knowing my friends and family would be able to enjoy the day together instead of setting up centerpieces. Thank you emerald city and Stacey for making our wedding unforgettable and beautiful.

Reviewed on 9/10/2016 Joy A

Stacey Ripper at EMD was great to work with! She was able to put together beautiful flower options that were in season and would last throughout the day. We loved the final product! They were also willing to work with vases we had already purchased and gave us options for ECD... Read More to fill the vases with a couple options or have us do it ourselves. It was great seeing options and prices to help us decide. Stacey also was very knowledgeable about our venue and layout and gave great advice about where to put things. Highly recommend!

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Cassie L

Love love loved everything!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2016

Emerald City Design was an amazing vendor! We were assigned them when we booked at Infinity and Ovation Yacht Charters. They were amazing from consultation to delivery! Stacey was willing to work with us to find the perfect design for our wedding. I can't even count how many... Read More compliments we received on our flowers. She also was willing to help me set and re-set tables until we found the perfect table covering and layout. Lastly, we were able to incorporate our own plants into the boutonnieres, which gave it a special touch. They dropped off all our bouquets and bouts to the hotel, and everything was well put together, the bouquets each came in their own vase to keep them fresh all day. It was a pleasure working with them throughout the planning process.

Reviewed on 7/11/2016 Becky Z

I was overall very pleased with the flowers and decor at my wedding. There were a couple hiccups with regards to what was included in the package through my venue, but they were very accommodating and gave me what was promised, even if it wasn't exactly what they had INTENDED... Read More to promise. The bridesmaid and bridal bouquets turned out SO SO beautiful, I really loved them and love seeing them in pictures. There was some miscommunication about the flowers in the glass cylinders (my centerpieces) being submerged... I had given them pictures of submerged flowers, and discussed submerging the flowers and they even warned about how high the water could and couldn't be due to the rocking boat (because my venue was a yacht), so I know they heard me say I wanted the flowers submerged, yet somehow they didn't ultimately end up putting any water in the cylinders at all, except for an inch at the bottom where the glass beads were. The centerpieces were still pretty, but would have been even prettier with the additional element of water in the cylinders. Also, when I emailed them about it after the wedding, they never responded with any kind of explanation, apology, or anything.

A Magical Wedding!

Reviewed on 1/18/2016 Jennifer F

Throughout my entire wedding planning experience, other than my wedding gown, working with Emerald City on our wedding florals, linens, centerpieces and signage was absolutely my favorite part of the planning! Their showroom is magical; their staff is top-notch, best in the... Read More business professional and their work is flawless!! They transformed our wedding into a magical, elegant, candlelit winter wonderland. On my wedding day, I just kept saying to my hubby, "This is exactly how I pictured things--but even better!" I couldn't have been more pleased with their services. They are a little pricier than some other services out there--but like a lot of things, you get what you pay for...and if you want a guaranteed home run with no worries, then the extra cost is worth it. You can't go wrong with Emerald City!!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Meagan D

We used Emerald City for our all of our flowers and for wedding coordinating services. First, as for the flowers and centerpieces, my tables looked amazing. Initially, I felt like I was paying a lot of money for the product, but once I shopped around I realized that I couldn't... Read More really compare other options to what I was getting at Emerald City. After our table preview I was completely sold and confident in our decision to go with Emerald City. It was so nice to know that all of our flowers and decor were taken care of in a one-stop shop. Plus, it was amazing to know that they were setting up and taking down, rather than having to recruit family and friends for help. Also, the feedback we received from family and friends who attended the wedding, and even others who see wedding photos, rave about how beautiful everything was. The feedback I received alone is deserving of a 5 star rating. As for the day-of-coordinating services, I am so happy we decided to book Cheryl. I had been to plenty of weddings where the MOH or sisters or MOB runs around paying vendors, keeping people on schedule or putting our mini-fires all day, and honestly that stinks. I wanted to make sure that everyone got to enjoy my wedding, which was the main reason I sought this service. Plus, the opportunity to sit down and schedule the whole wedding weekend, hour by hour, and review of all of my wedding contracts, was worth its weight in gold. My wedding ran SO smoothly and I owe a huge part of that to Emerald City! I highly recommend Emerald City to any bride in the area.

Reviewed on 9/21/2015 kathy p

Nicole at Emerald City Designs did an amazing job for us. As I walked into the Reception Room at Waterview Loft, I stopped and stared because it was breathtaking. The table design we had reviewed 2 months earlier came alive and there were so many candles that made our venue... Read More glow. All spectacular!

Reviewed on 7/24/2015 Erica M

There aren't enough words to describe how incredible my experience was with Emerald City Designs. We began working with Nicole Beaudion who was our design consultant. Nicole was extremely energetic, and added so much excitement to the entire process of selecting flowers and... Read More decor. She was really able to take all the ideas in the head and turned them into an even better reality. Our floral and decor was an absolute show stopper!!! We also worked with Ann Owens who we hired on as our month before and day of coordinator. I would not have made it without her! Not only was she extremely organized and made sure I had zero to worry about for the month leading up to my wedding, but she was glued to my side the entire day of the wedding making sure we were on schedule (in the most non obtrusive professional way!), getting me water and fanning me from the heat, even getting on her hands and knees to change my shoes. Ann was three steps ahead at every given moment, and willing to help with anything and everything that I possibly needed. She is a rock star! If you want your wedding to look and feel top notch, I highly suggest you call the professionals at Emerald City Design. They are the best in the business!!!

Highly recommend

Reviewed on 7/23/2015 Linda B

Emerald City Designs services came bundled with my wedding. I'd seen enough of their ads in magazines and their Facebook page to know that they provide quality services. The person that I worked with was very helpful and knowledgable. She made the selection process easy for... Read More us. We also selected linens and sashes for the tables and chairs. The showroom has everything so that you can envision what your selection will look like. Since the flowers were bundled with my wedding, I was concerned about what they'd look like but they really were gorgeous. I would definitely recommend their services to a friend.

AWESOME

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Alyssa K

I had the pleasure of working with Nicole as my designer, and she made my dream wedding come true! Everything from the flowers, to the table linens, to cocktail napkins she took care of it. The flowers they did for my bouquets and center pieces were breathtaking. I was told by... Read More many guests that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever been to! Everyone at ECD knows what they are doing and are very professional. I was warned by another wedding planning company that they do "cookie cutter" weddings, but I am so so so happy that I decided to trust my instinct and go with them because they are far from cookie cutter! They had a large selection of items to choose from, and if they didn't have what you wanted they would order it for you. Excellent customer service and they treated me like I wasn't just another bride. Going through ECD for everything was worth every penny, as well as the time and stress I saved if I were to try and do everything myself to save some money.