Fun, Candid and Personalized Wedding Photography

Your wedding day is about you and the love you have for one another. I strive to capture that love and document your day in an artistic and true-to-you style. I especially love to capture the candid moments - the fleeting moments that you want to remember forever. I bring an energetic and stress-free vibe to your wedding day, all the while ensuring that all of those details that make your day special will be caught on camera.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Lifestyle, Modern

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Reviewed on 8/18/2017 Adam E

We are so glad we chose Emily as our wedding photographer! Her energy and enthusiasm were contagious and she was great with our families and guests. Emily seemed to be everywhere at once and we were truly impressed by how hard she worked to make sure every moment was... Read More captured. We met with several photographers and Emily was an easy choice. She understood our vision from the get-go and her pictures perfectly captured all of the emotion and the breathtaking scenery of our venue. The lighting and colors are stunning and really bring the images to life. Nothing felt forced, and Emily's calm demeanor helped put us at ease during the first-look and family photos. Our wedding pictures exceeded expectations and the personalized USB drive was a nice touch which speaks to Emily's warmth and attention to detail. We can't recommend Emily highly enough and will be reliving our wedding day through her beautiful pictures for many years.

Reviewed on 11/26/2016 Stephanie Z

We are completely OBSESSED with our wedding photos! Working with Emily was an absolute DREAM. We hit it off with her right away, she is so sweet. She made us feel completely comfortable and captured every moment of our rehearsal dinner and wedding day above and beyond our... Read More expectations. I did a lot of research for our wedding photographer - after all, the bride and groom really do miss most of the wedding since it's such a whirlwind, and photos are such an important way to capture every detail that you can look at again and again. I knew from seeing her portfolio that her style was exactly what we were looking for, but our photos turned out even better than we could have ever imagined. They are absolutely perfect, we honestly haven't stopped looking through them. The way that she captures light, and emotions, and special moments is unbelievable. Every photo is more stunning than the next. Since the wedding, our family and friends have also told us how much they loved her! I will be recommending her to everyone I know. Thank you so so much Emily for helping us to perfectly remember the most perfect day for the rest of our lives.

Reviewed on 12/04/2017 Brittany E

Choosing Emily to photograph our wedding (and engagement!) was hands down the best decision I made during the planning process! Emily is so sweet and kind, professional, fun and most importantly - has the perfect eye to get the perfect shot. We received our wedding photos a few... Read More weeks ago (our wedding was in September) and are just in love with every single shot. Emily was more than just a vendor on our wedding day, she was a friend! My husband and I keep saying we can't wait to have Emily come shoot future life events for us. In short: Emily is amazing. She will make you feel SO comfortable while she photographs. She's the sweetest person alive. She is the most lovely photographer you could possibly find. xoxo

2017-12-05T10:35:19 Response from the vendor

Aww Brittany thank you & Ryan so much for this sweet review. I am so so glad that you love your images. Capturing your day was a true pleasure and I am SO excited to work with you both for years to come!! I'm already... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 11/21/2017 Paddy T

We are so happy to have had Emily as our photographer. When we contacted Emily about our wedding, a lot of our ceremony details were up in the air. She was very reassuring that she could work with anything and she really did - (wind, children, dogs, non-English speaking... Read More relatives). Emily was so helpful with her suggestions. She was able to make us look great while retaining the organic and intimate vibe we wanted. Emily has a great eye for details and a talent at finding beauty in the most unexpected things. She turned our unfinished deck into a homey backdrop for family photos, and our old garage into a rustic feature. Emily went beyond expectations. She was able to get in my list of people combinations for photos with time to spare. You can tell she cares – she even helped my cousin with my gown bustle! I cannot give enough thanks to show the amount of gratitude I have for Emily and the work she did. THANK YOU!!

2017-12-05T10:37:20 Response from the vendor

Aww Paddy, thank you so much for these kind words!!! It was so lovely to be there to capture your day!! I'm so happy for you and Zenas!! <3 <3 <3

Reviewed on 11/05/2017 Laura B

Hiring Emily as our wedding photographer was the best decision we made during the entire planning process. From the first day we met Emily we knew that she had to be our photographer. Emily’s warm personality and professionalism made us feel completely at ease during the entire... Read More process. We both were concerned that our awkwardness with the camera would make any pictures look forced or uncomfortable. We were so surprised to receive the engagement pictures and see how perfectly Emily captured our relationship at various spots around New York City. After the engagement shoot we couldn’t wait to see what Emily would be able to capture at the wedding. The day of the wedding Emily was more than just a wedding photographer but rather it felt like she was a friend who happened to be taking pictures at our wedding. Emily was in complete control of rallying all of our family members for the various portraits we asked for which was not an easy task. In addition to the formal pictures, our favorite moments were the natural shots she captured of all the important moments. Looking at Emily’s pictures, you can easily see all the love and joy of the day. After the wedding, multiple guests mentioned to us how amazing our photographer was. We recommend Emily whole-heartedly for any event where a photographer is needed. We have told all our friends who have gotten engaged that they need to use Emily for their wedding. For any future event where we personally need a photographer, Emily will be our only call.

2017-12-05T10:36:06 Response from the vendor

This made me tear up guyssssss!! Thank you for those kind words!! I had SO much fun working with you and capturing your love - filled day!!!! <3 <3 <3 I hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed on 10/30/2017 Sarah M

It was such a pleasure to work with Emily for our wedding. From the second I met her at an event at our Venue I knew that she would be perfect for capturing our wedding day. Not only is her work beautiful with a simple elegance but she was just a joy to work with. She is... Read More kind, calm and unassuming. She made everything easy and seamless both before and during our wedding day. Emily worked well with all of our vendors especially a particularly difficult videographer. She was beyond professional working with the videographer that my husband and I hired the week before our wedding. Lesson learned that you do not hire someone off craigslist the week before your wedding!!! This videographer was terrible and in everyone’s way but Emily did not let that stop her from getting amazing pictures of our beautiful day. Emily’s presence kept us all calm in what could have been a very challenging situation. Emily works beautifully with people of all ages. We had 11 children in our bridal party and I have never seen them all look so great in pictures. They loved Emily and all worked so well with her. Emily was wonderful with sticking to a list of pictures that we discussed were important to getting on the wedding day. She made sure that she worked quickly but efficiently to get all the shots that we had requested during the cocktail hour. She reminded me that once we went into the reception it would be more difficult to gather people and she was so right. We are beyond grateful that she took all the pictures we asked for. I do not hesitate to recommend having Emily capture your wedding day. You will not regret it.

2017-12-05T10:36:30 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you Sarah & Stephen!! It was great working with you and all the little ones, your day was lovely! And I hope everything worked out with your video in the end!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2017 Andrea B

Working with Emily was the best decision we made for our wedding day. She is an incredible photographer and amazing to work with. Emily scouted our venue beforehand and suggested the most gorgeous settings for our portraits. Emily and her team captured every moment that we had... Read More requested as well as many that we would never have thought of. She also captured so many amazing moments during the reception and on the dance floor, without interrupting the flow of the night whatsoever (I never even noticed her on the dance floor!). My husband and I are in love with the edited photographs from our wedding day. They are absolutely stunning! I am beyond grateful for Emily’s work and highly recommend her for your event!

2017-12-05T10:36:50 Response from the vendor

Aww thank you for the lovely review Andrea!! I had so much fun working with you and Phil!! It was such a pleasure capturing your day!! <3

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Anne S

This review is long overdue! My husband and I hired Emily as our photographer for our wedding last June and she was an absolute joy to work with. From our first phone conversation, Emily was knowledgeable, professional and incredibly kind and fun. Emily genuinely cares about her... Read More clients and went out of her way time and again to support us throughout our wedding planning. On our wedding day, Emily ran around all day capturing beautiful candid shots, tracking down relatives for group pictures and organizing the timing for our first look shots. She even drove me around in her car at one point when we realized I would have to walk through some muddy woods that might mess up my dress. She was so kind to all our guests and I had so many people mention how lovely she is and how good she is at her job. Her work is stunning and we are so happy with the pictures she took. I honestly can’t imagine having a better experience with a photographer and I hope to work with her again someday!

Reviewed on 10/12/2017 Hantsa L

My husband and I had our wedding in August, on a hot summer day. Emily's energy and enthusiasm made us all forget about the blazing heat !! She was truly a professional, and made us laugh, and kept us calm the whole time. When we first met Emily, we knew right away that we... Read More wanted to book her. You can tell that she truly is passionate in her works and she is such a sweet person. Emily was always available whenever we had any questions for her leading up to the day of the wedding. During the day of the wedding, Emily managed to capture all the important details in our wedding, whether it was the traditional portraits or the candid moments. When we received our pictures, we were just beyond happy, Emily managed to capture all the important shots that we wanted if not more. We're so happy with our decision to book Emily and excited to work with her on our album.

Reviewed on 10/09/2017 Carolyn S

Emily is by far the best decision you can make when it comes to your wedding! She has a talent and personality that were made for this work! Emily took photos at our surprise proposal and it was amazing how she was able to capture the most incredible expressions and emotions of... Read More the moment. The photos she took are photos we will cherish for a lifetime. It is obvious how much she enjoys the work she does and her energy is positive and infectious. Looking at the pictures she took, I have never felt as beautiful and have never savored looking at photos as much as I did with each and every shot. She is also super easygoing and prepared for any and every situation. My fiancé was stressed the day of the proposal because there was a slight chance of rain- and emily showed up with gorgeous clear umbrellas that actually made the pictures look even better! She has an eye for perfect shots, and is able to make even a dreary day look incredible. I can't say enough amazing things about Emily, both as a person and a photographer!

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Josh L

Emily is the best! Remarkable photographer & great to work with from start to finish. Emily took photos at both our proposal and engagement party. The photos are stunning. She makes everyone around her feel comfortable and at ease, while of course ensuring that everyone looks... Read More their best. Working with Emily is a delight. She is professional, courteous, and caring. She offered invaluable advice and suggestions in order to capture the perfect picture/angle. If you want to work with the best wedding photographer around, choose Emily!

Reviewed on 10/05/2017 Ryan W

My fiancé and I were recently looking for a wedding photographer. We found Emily, and could NOT be any happier! Our engagement photos were gorgeous, and we cannot wait to see how the wedding photos come out. She is also a very sweet and down to earth person, which we really... Read More wanted in a photographer. We recommend Emily without reservation!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Amanda S

Emily was amazing to work with! From our first meeting, we knew she was the perfect person to work with. Emily is friendly, responsive, and professional. Every picture she took came out beautifully. On the day of our wedding, Emily was perfect. She knows what she's doing and was... Read More able to capture amazing shots. Our friends and family even commented on how professional and easy to work with Emily was. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for amazing pictures and a fantastic experience.

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Justin H

We couldn’t be happier choosing Emily for our engagement pictures. From the moment we reached out to her, we were impressed by her professionalism, prompt responses, and advice to prepare for the photo shoot. When we met her, we were immediately at ease with our decision as she... Read More was super friendly and made us feel really comfortable in front of the camera which is something we were nervous about beforehand. In terms of the work product, we were amazed by Emily’s eye for spontaneously finding spots along our planned route that would make a great backdrop for photos. We only had a few ideas of locations for where we wanted the pictures, so we completely left this in Emily’s hands. She also had no problem incorporating some shots along the way with our puppy, which was something that was really important to us. We were so excited when we received our “sneak peek” the next day. The 3 photos Emily had already edited came out AMAZING and we immediately put them up on our wedding website. When we received the full album (which was only 5 weeks after our shoot), we had such a hard time choosing which photos to use for our Save The Dates because they all looked incredible. The various backgrounds, angles, and lighting Emily somehow managed to capture were all stunning. Everyone we have shown our album to has commented on how great the pictures look. We would HIGHLY recommend Emily for any special occasion and will definitely be using her again if we need another photo shoot in the future.

Reviewed on 9/06/2017 Sophie K

Working with Emily on our elopement photos was amazing. We had planned to do the ceremony in Rockwood Park in the morning, but when the weather was really bad that morning, Emily was calm and flexible and totally available via text -- and so we were able to do our ceremony under... Read More beautiful, clear skies in the afternoon. We were SO appreciative of Emily's attitude throughout. She was both positive and encouraging, and very good at wrangling family members into various combinations of group shots. And when she was shooting me and my husband by ourselves, she was creative, fun, and low pressure - for a low-key wedding like ours, it suited us perfectly. I have to add that the photos turned out great! She was really enthusiastic about the beautiful nature in the park, and that definitely came through in the final pictures. She delivered a combination of posed and candid shots, definitely had lots of sweet romantic couples pics but also left in a couple of charmingly goofy photos of us laughing and having fun. It's a perfect way to remember the day, and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out! Thank you so much Emily!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Natasha M

My husband and I had a wonderful experience with Emily. From the moment we met with her and saw her portfolio, we knew her style of photography was perfect for us. She was so easy to work with and our wedding photos were absolutely gorgeous! The colors were amazing, the candid... Read More and planned shots were beautiful. She caught every moment and lots of photos of our venue and guests as well. We could not have been happier with our photos and have loved sharing all of the beautiful images with our friends and family.

Reviewed on 8/13/2017 Katie C

I knew within the first 5 minutes of meeting Emily that I wanted to hire her as my wedding photographer. She has such a fun easy going personality and working with her was stress free from beginning to end. Emily was responsive, easy to get in touch with, and full of... Read More suggestions. All of our photos came out wonderful and all of our wedding guests rave about what a great photographer we had on our wedding day. I would recommend Emily a thousand times over and if I ever need a photographer in the future I know who call!

Reviewed on 5/07/2017 Leigha T

Emily was by FAR my favorite vendor. Her and her whole crew were beyond professional, kind, and there in the moment without being invasive. All my bridesmaids commented on how great she was and what a vision she had. I am writing this before I even see my sneak peak because I am... Read More THAT confident in her ability. She has the perfect balance of listening to the bride, and adding in her own vision without overpowering anyone. I knew the entire day I didn't need to worry about anything because Emily, Adam, and Priscilla were that good. No matter what the next occasion is, I will 100% book Emily. If I could give more than 5 stars I would.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Megan B

We had the pleasure of working with Emily on our engagement shoot! She made my very nervous fiancé feel so comfortable and helped us loosen up to get the most amazing shots! She is so talented, we loved every photo she sent to us. We can't wait to work with her again in the... Read More future!

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Jaimie M

If I could give her more than 5 stars I would. Emily is AMAZING! From the moment we met her, we knew our photos would be perfect. She was kind, friendly, informative, and truly excited to work with you. When she came to visit the farm we were getting married at, she found all of... Read More the best places and made me really excited for our photos. She was extremely professional and dedicated during the wedding day. It was 95 degrees, sun beating down, she was in all black with her cameras and her bags, but never missed a shot. My photos are GORGEOUS. I don't know how she did it, but even my husband looks happy even though he hates taking photos! Looking at her sneak peek, there are a bunch of photos I didn't even know she got. All of my friends said she was there for the great moments, but never intruding. From the portraits to the candids, there is not one I don't like. It will be hard picking my favorites. I highly recommend Emily to anyone. You will not regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 6/13/2016 Faride R

Stunning. Beautiful. Captivating. Three of the words that come to mind when describing Emily's work. From beginning to end, Emily worked with us to capture the best images of our special day. We met with her upon booking and asked every question imaginable. Emily met with our... Read More reception vendor ahead of time and took in the space, really getting to know it before we got there on our wedding day. We couldn't ask for someone easier to work with and that really took our vision and requests seriously. She documented every aspect of our wedding. She handled every hurdle thrown at her. We can't wait to work with her again in the future. She comes highly recommended.

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Emily was the most wonderful and easiest photographer to work with for our engagement shoot this April on the Highline in NYC. We met her a few streets away from the Highline and she immediately recognised a photo opp on a street we were walking along so we stopped for a while... Read More to take some pictures. Those are some of my favourite shots from the shoot. She had great timing with lighting and chose some really pretty locations to shoot. Emily made us feel comfortable and gave great directions about how to pose. We really enjoyed working with her and had so much fun doing this shoot despite the freezing cold "Spring" weather! Also she was very fast and professional about editing the photos- she sent us the edited digital copies a few days after the shoot. We were really impressed by the high quality of work she produced.

Reviewed on 3/20/2016

Emily was an absolute dream come true as our wedding photographer! She was so easy to work with and was a true professional the entire time. Having Emily at the ceremony and reception was like having a close friend there we could talk to and rely on for any of our needs. She... Read More planned every detail with us to make sure every shot we wanted would be captured, and she did exactly that and much more. The photos she took and some of the shots she was able to capture are unbelievable. She certainly went above and beyond any of our expectations. We could not have wished for a better photographer for our big day, she truly is amazing at what she does. I can guarantee that we will be using her again in the future and highly recommend Emily for anyone who wants stunning pictures for any occasion.

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Amanda S

Emily photographed my bridal shower in May and rehearsal dinner in August. She did a truly amazing job for both events!! She was able to capture so many beautiful candid moments, and she got the photos back to me so quickly! She was prompt, polite, highly professional and an... Read More absolute pleasure to work with.

Reviewed on 11/28/2015 Linda S

Emily is an incredible photographer and all around amazing person. From the second the shoot began, Emily made us feel extremely comfortable and at ease. Emily found the perfect balance of giving us guidance in regards to how to position ourselves as well as brilliant ideas for... Read More shots, and at the same time completely allowed us to feel that the shoot was natural and thus she captured real moments between my husband and I. The day of the shoot Emily was exceedingly patient, kind, and responsive, and gave us exactly the type of day we were looking for. Aside from her incredible demeanor, her work is simply amazing. My husband and I are so in love with the photographs she produced from the shoot- they are stunning, and exceeded all of our expectations. Emily has a real gift for editing and capturing natural moments. I couldn't recommend her any more highly for all of your special events.

Emily Poltrack

I am a Genetic Counselor turned Photographer. Life takes funny turns! I found my passion in photography after I was gifted a camera several years ago and it has since become an integral part of who I am. I truly believe my love for the job shows in my work. Message me and let's talk about your wedding!