Emma McDonald Weddings

As a professionally trained photographer, Emma draws upon her fine arts background and combines it with a photojournalistic approach to capture the beauty of your wedding. She uses natural light and focuses on candid moments to document the emotion of your special day.

Documentary, Lifestyle

Engagement

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Film Photography, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Brooklyn, NY Tri-State Area, East Coast, Worldwide!!! (704) 472-7556

Reviewed on 3/28/2017 J M

Two of my friends recommended Emma to me as soon as my husband and I were engaged. She had photographed their respective weddings in the past year, and they couldn't recommend her highly enough. Before my wedding even began, I was recommending Emma to other friends, because she... Read More had already been so helpful and thoughtful during the wedding planning process. On the big day, Emma was incredible--she immediately got a sense for my husband's and my personality and applied that sense to our portrait photo session; she was relaxed and efficient during our pre-ceremony photo shoot, and was very patient with our entire family throughout; and she got some amazing candid shots of all of our guests that reflected what a special day it was for us. Emma somehow managed to capture all of my favorite moments of the wedding, too, and the photo she took of our first dance made my husband and me look a lot more light on our toes than we actually are. Emma sent us a beautiful selection of "sneak peek" photos while we were still on our honeymoon, and she got us the final collection of photos within just a couple months of our wedding. Working with Emma was a complete pleasure, and I will be recommending her to all friends/family who have important milestones to celebrate in the future.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017

I would absolutely recommend Emma! Right from the start our communications were clear and easy going. She is responsive and accommodating. On the day of our wedding, she was and her assistant were on time, relaxed, worked seamlessly with everyone else and kept us smiling and... Read More calm on a rainy day and through tons of pictures. A couple of my friends even mentioned how lovely they thought she was during the wedding. And now we've received back the pictures, we are just as pleased! She captured what we were looking for before the wedding, during the ceremony and at the reception. Thank you for showing me so much that I missed. Quite simply, Emma was great and I love the final pictures.

Reviewed on 11/07/2016 Chinny A

Where to start?! Emma is amazing! From her prompt responses to my endless questions, her wonderful vibe during our engagement shoot and finally, capturing our special day in the most beautiful way. I can't praise her enough for her professional and incredible work ethic. Every... Read More deadline and expectation was met and exceeded. I sought a natural light photographer and ended up with a genius, cool, calm and professional uber talented photographer. Thank you for being so amazing. I still can't stop looking at the final products!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Will A

Having Emma be a part of our wedding day was a treat. She did a great job of adapting to our vision and captured the entire day beautifully. Emma has the type of personality that makes you feel like you have know her your entire life and will put any nerves at ease. Not only... Read More did WE love her, but everyone that had the pleasure of interacting with her spoke highly of her. I would 10/10 recommend her to anyone that is looking for a amazing person that is truly a talented and professional photographer. Thanks Emma!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 R B

Emma was the best decision we made for our wedding day! Not only are the images to die for, she was warm, yet extremely professional, for both our engagement shoot and wedding day. Our families are thrilled with the photos. We'll cherish them forever! THANK YOU!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Holly C

Perfect.

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Chelsea C

Emma was terrific and her photos were absolutely amazing. She managed to get coverage of everything and fit in like one of our wedding guests. She was so cool and laid back, yet extremely professional. I highly recommend her. Thank you Emma!!!

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Rita M

Emma was amazing! She and her partner were a calm, cool and collected presence the whole day. She was good at balancing getting the photos that she knew I would want without being pushy at all or interrupting the day. She had great ideas for group photos and helped scope out... Read More and organize where the first look should be, which was very helpful. She also kept in touch before the wedding day and was organized with all the details. Would absolutely recommend her! Cannot wait to see the photos!!

Reviewed on 7/08/2017

Emma was amazing! During our pre-wedding photos, her presence made everyone super comfortable because of her very inviting and laid back personality - and this atmosphere showed in the final product! Emma had so many great ideas for photo ops before the wedding, too. There... Read More were so many little special moments that I didn't realize she had captured, but when I received the photos, saw that she did! The day was perfect and Emma captured all of it beautifully. Could not have asked for a better photographer for such an important day!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 S A

Emma was terrific to work with. She photographed 2 of our wedding events and we couldn't have been happier with her. She's professional and knows exactly the right kind of pictures to take. She was extremely nice and everyone raved about how amazing our photos came out. I highly... Read More recommend using Emma for any event!!!

Reviewed on 11/02/2016 Gosia C

Emma was incredible to work with and the pictures she took are just simply amazing. I would recommend her to anyone for any life occasion you are looking to document.

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Cara W

The time spent taking photos with Emma is one of my favorite memories of our wedding day! She is so sweet and relaxed it was hard not to feel the same! We took most of our portrait shots in a favorite park by our house, my husband and I both had a "WOW" moment, they turned out... Read More exactly how we envisioned! What wonderful captured memories we will have to look back on. Emma is THE best, stop looking, and book her today!!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016

We hit it off right away and Emma has been truly incredible through the entire wedding process. We had some changes to our plans about half way through and she was super accommodating. Her personality is friendly and welcoming and she will definitely go the extra mile to get... Read More tons of great photos! I loved her creativity with our portraits and that she was good at moving things along to make sure we enjoyed the best night of our lives with friends and family. We couldn't be happier with the decision to bring her with us to Hawaii!!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 j t

Emma is brilliant. From the start of the engagement photos, where she was very patient and understanding working round this reluctant groom, to finishing up the final edits of the wedding pics - Emma was excellent. She has the key combo of being really nice, putting us and... Read More everyone at the wedding at ease - and a technically brilliant photographer. Most importantly, we were seriously impressed and happy with the pictures!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Ashley H

I cannot say enough about Emma! From the moment we met with her, we clicked and knew she would be the perfect fit for us. Not only is she immensely talented, her pricingn is more than fair, and she understood our vision without us having to explain what we wanted. Our engagement... Read More shoot was the perfect time to get more acquainted with her, and we were completely at ease after the first 5 photos. The wedding day was completely seamless thanks to Emma's direction, and even though we had a tight timeline, she breezed through all the formal photos and still got us to our cocktail hour! We have only seen the sneak peek images so far, but I KNOW we are going to be thrilled - the images we have seen so far took my breath away. You will not be disappointed if you go with Emma! She's the best!!!

Reviewed on 10/04/2016 Rena S

That's it; stop looking; you're done. Emma IS your wedding photographer. My husband and I absolutely LOVED working with Emma. She is at once incredibly professional and exacting and yet so warm, kind, and relaxed. She was a delight to have with us throughout our wedding day --... Read More honestly, her presence ADDED to the joy of the day. And her photographs are just incredible. She captured so many beautiful, meaningful moments throughout our day with stunning photos that we'll treasure our whole lives. I promise I'm not exaggerating! Choose Emma: you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 8/07/2016

Emma photographed our June 11 wedding and we could not have asked for a better photographer. Not only did she get some ridiculously pretty photos (her use of light is gorgeous), she also managed to capture the feeling of the day in a very real way that allows us to relive the... Read More day and also see all the moments we missed. Not only is her work beautiful, but she really listened to what we wanted and blended in seamlessly with our family and friends. Will definitely be recommending her to anyone who needs a photographer.

Reviewed on 6/20/2016 Jesse H

Emma's the best!! Absolutely fantastic to work with. Incredibly professional, but also a lot of fun. Very creative work - great mix of traditional portraits and fantastic candids throughout the day (which we were most excited for). Great at being in the heart of the party, while... Read More not interrupting the flow of the party at all. And great on all parts of the process - engagement photography, day itself, album, etc. Could not recommend higher (and have to all our friends).

Reviewed on 6/02/2016 Kimberly A

Emma is great! I knew immediately when I saw her portfolio and spoke with her she would be amazing for our wedding on March 26, 2016. I was a nervous bride but she immediately put me at ease with her professionalism, calm, relaxed demeanor and organizational skills. Of course,... Read More her creativity and beautiful photos are really what sold me. She helped me relax and planned it all without being intrusive. She captured every moment. the photos are gorgeous, especially all the candids- love the photojournalistic style. I knew I made the right choice. I received my photos in time just as planned and can't wait to share them.

Reviewed on 4/30/2016 Robert I

We could not have been happier with Emma as our photographer! We first saw her photos after she did a friends wedding and were impressed by the result. We were thrilled that she was willing to travel up to Connecticut for our wedding. On the day, she was calm and charming and... Read More just fit into the flow of our day, making our guests feel at home and not put on the spot. Her posed photos were gorgeous - but we also got the pleasant surprise of her candid shots. Some of our favorite images were wonderful candid photos of our guests. After the wedding, she has been incredibly helpful with providing any additional information that we've needed. We highly recommend her to anyone!

Reviewed on 11/22/2015 Kim C

Emma photographed our friends' wedding up in the Catskills, and when it came time to look into photographers for our own wedding, my (now) wife and I immediately thought of their gorgeous photos. Emma is just wonderful to work with--she's warm, friendly, incredibly talented, and... Read More the perfect combination of patient and take-charge-when-needed. Plus, having grown up in NC, I was thrilled to have someone from my home state representing.

Great experience!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

I used Emma for my reception photos and she did a wonderful job catching all of the best moments of the party. She was courteous, professional, and quick with getting me my pics. I have used her again for other photos - Thanks Emma!

Emma McDonald—Queen of NYC Wedding Photographers

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Emma is very helpful, attentive, creative, and ingenious in her approach to wedding photography. I highly recommend her to anyone who is getting married. She is the right choice. Not only is she a great photographer but she is laid back and fun to be around, she made our day... Read More less stressful by taking the lead for shooting all of our ridiculously large family photos, directing us without being bossy and acting as a fly on the wall for the rest of the party. She also remained kind and sweet despite my wife's initial trepidations. I will refer her to all my bros, she's already booked to shoot my best man's wedding.

Absolutely the best around!

Reviewed on 10/30/2014

Where to start! Emma is one of the best photographers I've ever had the pleasure of working with. We are so happy we hired her to do our engagement photos, and eventually, our wedding! She was super professional, always prompt in answering the 1000 questions I had, and... Read More provided amazing work. My sister is a photographer, so I was a little picky in my photographer selection, but finding Emma paid off. She took all of the photos I wanted and ones I didn't even know I wanted. Tons of candids of me and my husband (!), our wedding party, and all of our guests. She was able to tell the story of our wedding effortlessly and of all the things we paid for, this was the most worth it. If you're looking for exceptional work, professionalism, and a really fun person, look no further.

Starting an Emma McDonald fan club!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

By some alignment of the cosmos, we found Emma. We met her for a consultation a stone's throw from our place and her studio! Emma, my husband, and I did a fun walking tour of our favorite spots in the neighborhood while sharing stories and laughs. We loved her immediately, and... Read More you will too. She is warm and charming and funny and so approachable. We loved that Emma shared our vision for a laid-back love-fest that starred our friends and family. She more than understood my, the bride's, desire not to adhere to certain traditions I find archaic and a little sexist- no garter toss, please! She also really understood the delicacy of divorced parents in attendance and differing sides of the family meshing for the first time in a while. She is a doll and really took all of our concerns to heart! Not only are we absolutely thrilled with our photos, but we are ecstatic that we shared our day with such a talented and lovely lady. Our friends and family just loved Emma and she managed to get a great shot of everyone, and I do mean everyone. She also caught some spectacular moments rather covertly, which really makes for some great candid shots. I couldn't say enough about Emma. She is fantastic! I would recommend her without hesitation!

Emma McDonald

Born and raised in North Carolina, I was raised by a family of creatives, in a warm and loving household where self-expression was always valued. I carried these values to college, traveling the world, and now to Brookyln, where I live and work. I embody honesty, warmth, and integrity and bring to my clients a classic and elegant aesthetic that will stand the test of time. I want to make for you images that, while traditional, will carry elegance when your grandchildren look at them.