Ensemble Aevia

Chamber music for your ceremony and reception

Ensemble Aevia has been serving the New England area since 1993 in over 600 weddings. We are at your service to create the atmosphere you want your day to have. Playing music from the traditional to the unique, our talented, experienced musicians will fill the air with the beauty of live music.

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Rachel G

Thank you so much for playing at our wedding. Everything was perfect and you guys were great. We really appreciate it!!!! :)

2014-07-09T19:42:28 Response from the vendor

Dear Rachel, Thank you so much for having us. It was a great pleasure to play for you and your guests. Harel and I wish you and Andrew all the best for your future! Matt

Reviewed on 8/11/2014 kate w

I had Ensemble Aevia play for my ceremony and cocktail hour outside at a winery for my wedding. They were so easy to work with prior to the wedding! The music was so beautiful and just what I had imagined for our big day! I highly recommend Ensemble Aevia for any special event!

2014-08-11T23:19:33 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are glad to be of service. All best wishes from me and the whole team! Matt

Beautiful music, wonderful people!

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Mary f

We couldn't be happier with our decision to work with Matthew Green and Ensemble Aevia. Communication was always prompt and straight forward, even when I missed up times and accidentally called Matthew on his honeymoon! He was wonderful and helpful, and we talked frequently via... Read More e-mail and phone calls to decide on all the music for both the prelude, the processional, as well as the cocktail hour. He was able to accomodate my request for my processional music, which was not on his list, and it came out absolutely perfect. We had some contemporary music mixed in with chamber music for the cocktail hour, which was fun, and just what we had hoped for! Thank you so much Ensemble Aevia, for helping make our day so special!

2014-08-11T17:09:35 Response from the vendor

It was a great pleasure to play for you! The garden was really spectacular and the day was perfect. Beth and I wish you all the very best. Thank you so much. Matt

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Vanessa S

Ensemble Aevia was professional, timely and had a beautiful repertoire to choose from. The duo sounded brilliant (we had an outdoor wedding) and created a flawless ceremony. They were kind to start early and finish late- all of our guests were very impressed! Thank you for... Read More helping create our perfect wedding weekend, Matthew and Ensemble Aevia!

2015-10-27T21:48:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for having us. It is very gratifying to be of service to so many wonderful couples. Matt

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Leah M

Ensemble Aevia did an incredible job at our wedding! We had a family friend sing for our ceremony and Matt worked directly with him so I didn't have to worry about a thing! Matt was so helpful and accommodating the entire time. For the ceremony we had an organist, cellist and... Read More violinist. They sounded amazing together! Then for cocktail hour and dinner we had the cellist, violinist and a harpist. My husband and I received so many compliments from our guests stating how wonderful they sounded together and how it really added something special to our wedding. We would definitely recommend Matt and Ensemble Aevia for any event! You will definitely be getting to notch musicians!

2015-10-27T11:30:27 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was very exciting to work with Dennis, who sang such a wide range of styles so brilliantly. I also love playing at St. Katherine Drexel Church, where I also perform as part of the orchestra for the Clearlakes Chorale. Cam,... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Laura G

We worked with Matt at Ensemble Aevia to have a violin and cello play during our ceremony. He was really great and efficient in helping pick music that would work best for the ceremony. Everything went off without a hitch and was perfectly wonderful! I would highly recommend... Read More Ensemble Aevia to anyone looking to add a soloist all the way to a quartet to their event.

2015-10-26T13:30:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! The Mountain View Grand Resort and Spa was spectacular as always, and your guests were very friendly and kind. We loved playing for you. Jackie and I wish you all the best! Matt

Great Duo

Reviewed on 10/24/2015 Elizabeth F

Matthew really did a great job! I told them what I wanted and they made it happen. They were timely and very professional. We did not have to worry about them the day of, they new exactly what to do!

2015-10-24T21:52:16 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was a beautiful day and we enjoyed playing for you and your guests. Bo and I wish you all the best for the future. Matt

Phenomenal Ensemble!

Reviewed on 10/17/2015 Amanda B

I just used Ensemble Aevia in my wedding on September 26, 2015 and I had the most wonderful experience with them! Matt was so helpful throughout the entire planning process and was really invested in making the music appropriate for our taste, as well as appropriate for our... Read More ceremony (it was a Jewish ceremony and the ensemble provided us with wonderful traditional music during the recessional.) As a classically trained violinist myself, I can say that the quality of this group is superb. I would ABSOLUTELY recommend using them in your wedding!

2015-10-24T21:54:32 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! It was a pleasure to be of service. Arie, Dana, Jackie, and I wish you and Scott all the best. Matt

Excellent Musical Talent - Ensemble Aevia

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Julie P

Matt and his talented team of musicians did not disappoint! We hired Ensemble Aveia (cellist and violinist) for our wedding at the Mount Washington Hotel in Bretton Woods, New Hampshire. They played both during our ceremony and cocktail hour; we were so glad to have extended... Read More their play time beyond the ceremony. Many of our guests commented that our live musical talent added an extra special element to our day; classy, unique, calming, and joyful. I am especially impressed with their performance during our ceremony, as it was an incredibly windy day and certainly made things a bit tricky (we were married outside, under the south veranda). Matt and his team handled this challenge with such grace. Matt was responsive and clear with communication. Once we had identified our selection of songs for our ceremony, he was helpful in assuring us that our selection was workable and appropriate. This was a huge relief, as we initially felt overwhelmed with the process of music selection. Matt was also helpful in working with our event timeline, remaining flexible in arrival and departure times. All in all, a very stress free experience! We cannot emphasize enough all of the positive attributes to working with Ensemble Aevia. Rest assured that if you opt to hire them for your special occasion, you’ll be in good hands!

2015-10-24T21:58:30 Response from the vendor

Dear Julie and Scott, It was our pleasure to play for you and your guests. Thank you so much for your kind words. Brent and I wish you all the best. Matt

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Amber D

This group made the ceremony! They drove from NH to my wedding in Harvard, MA with no travel fee. I had a couple special requests to be played prior to the ceremony happening and they followed through.

2015-10-24T22:02:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much, Amber! I wish I could play every wedding, but I know that with Shay, Etleva, and Joe, you were in the best of hands. We all wish you every happiness. Matt

Beautiful ceremony & cocktail hour music!

Reviewed on 10/06/2015 Julia V

We used Ensemble Aevia for our ceremony and cocktail hour music. They did an amazing job! Everyone was commenting on how beautiful the music was. It was an elegant touch to our wedding. When we had our phone consultation with Matt, he was extremely helpful, friendly and... Read More insightful. They have a broad selection of music that they can play and they are also willing to learn new music. I highly recommend them!

2015-10-07T23:32:24 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for having us! Anne-Marie, Bo, and I wish you every happiness! Matt

Reviewed on 8/30/2015 Dianne L

We had a Trio play while guests were arriving for the wedding and then had them play after the ceremony. They were absolutely fantastic! Very professional, well dressed and so polite. The Trio was wonderful for our outdoor wedding and it added a touch of class. We were so... Read More happy with this decision and choice of vendor. You will not be disappointed with Ensemble Aevia. They were also able to play our wedding song "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri as I walked down to the Arch for the ceremony. I was just thrilled with that. Everything went smoothly.

2015-10-07T23:35:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! It was our pleasure to serve. Susanne, Dani, Lisa, and I send you all best wishes. Matt

Great music, no hassle!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Frances H

We hired a string trio through Ensemble Aevia to play during our ceremony and cocktail hour. They were very professional, have a large repertoire, and were very adaptable to last-minute ideas and changes in the ceremony program. Their timing/coordination during the ceremony was... Read More seamless. I barely had to think about the music, just enjoy it, and that was wonderful!

2015-10-07T23:39:09 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for having us! The acoustics in the hall were great, and your guests were very kind and friendly. Karen, Brent, and I wish you all the very best. Matt

Amazing and stress free!

Reviewed on 6/17/2015 Shannon L

Matt was great to work with! The music was beautiful at our ceremony!

2015-06-19T19:39:03 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It was our pleasure. Matt

Excellent performance

Reviewed on 6/16/2015 Meghan L

We hired Matt and his group for our wedding. They were wonderful! Very professional, punctual, and knew exactly what we wanted. They also communicated very well before the event, helping to clarify how things would play out at the wedding. We can't recommend them highly enough.

2015-06-16T12:59:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! All the best! Matt

Magical Accompaniment!

Reviewed on 1/21/2015 Tambia J

I cannot in words fully express how thankful I am for the service Ensemble Aevia (Matthew) provided or what a beautiful difference his duo made to our wedding. All communications were made by email and telephone, due to my time constraints. Nevertheless, Matthew was thorough... Read More and ensured that he fully understood my vision for the day. I provided a list of desired songs and Matthew helped me to adjust the list based on his expertise. He was helpful and not at all pushy. Also, he was more than happy to include Coldplay's Viva la Vida (A surprise for my husband - one of his favorite songs). The day of the wedding Matthew and his fellow musician arrived early and were set up well before the first guest arrived. They were unobtrusive - quietly preparing in the garden area. And they were friendly and cordial to all the guests. Now regarding their performance, the most important part, they were phenomenal. We could not have asked for more. They began playing as guests arrived and they played after the service till all guests had left the seating area. Because our guests lingered and picture taking took longer than expected Matthew played longer than the three hours scheduled, with no complaint. And did I mention that they did this in the blazing sun - they left tired and a bit red but still smiling. Ensemble Aevia musicians are talented, professional, and a joy to have at your wedding. We will remember them fondly. Thank you SO much!

2015-01-28T17:48:06 Response from the vendor

Dear Tambia, Thank you so much for having us! The venue on the Cape was amazing, and it was a pleasure to play for you. Bo and I wish you all the best. Matt

Life Savers

Reviewed on 11/16/2014 Julia W

I called Ensemble Aevia after another quartet dropped out on me. It was last minute, but Matt put everything together for us and honored our music requests. He was super easy to work with and very friendly. I only got to hear the ceremony music but it was so beautiful and made... Read More our ceremony so classy! Our guests loved the cocktail hour music as well. Thank you Ensemble Aevia!

2015-01-28T17:50:56 Response from the vendor

Dear Julia, Thank you for your kind words! I'm so glad it all worked out well! Matt

Ensemble Aevia is the Icing on the Cake

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Melissa S

We are so thrilled that we hired the Ensemble Aevia quartet to play for the ceremony and cocktail hour for our October 18th wedding on Cape Cod. From the very start, they were professional, accomodating and made the planning process so easy and stress free. The best tool... Read More they offer for planning was their website - it helped us tremendously - it contained all the information we needed to plan, as well as audio clips of music we could listen to to help make our choices. It made the planning so streamlined and enjoyable! One the day of our wedding, the their sound was the icing on the cake for our ceremony in particular, and was a great accompianment to the cocktail hour. Their talents are amazing! Matthew and his team are the best - our guests went out of their way to tell us how great they thought Aevia was. We look forward to hiring them again in the future!

2014-10-29T13:57:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was our pleasure! Noralee, Bob, Bo, and I all wish you and Mike all the best. Matt

Great ceremony musicians!

Reviewed on 10/24/2014 Jillian M

My husband and I were so pleased that we chose Ensemble Aevia for our wedding ceremony music. Matt was super friendly and easy to work with. Our wedding logistics weren't simple, but Matt and the musicians were more than willing to travel to our location and then hop aboard... Read More boats to get to our ceremony at Church Island on Squam Lake in Holderness, NH. The music was lovely and just what we wanted!

2014-10-29T13:59:47 Response from the vendor

Dana, Kevin, and I really loved playing on the island. Thank you so much for having us! We wish you every happiness! Matt

Amazing Talent

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 Ashley D

Ensemble Aevia played so beautifully at my wedding ceremony and cocktail hour I am so glad we had them there! Matthew was so great to work with always available to answer my questions and they even played the selected song I wanted for walking down the aisle. I would highly... Read More recommend them to anyone looking for a beautiful addition to their wedding ceremony The music was amazing!! Thank you again to Matthew and Enseble Aevia.

2014-10-12T13:41:23 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for having us! You were so busy, I never got a chance to say good bye! Tim, Dani and I wish you all the best! Matt

trio for ceremony and cocktail music

Reviewed on 10/10/2014 b f

Mathew was a pleasure to work with and well organized. The musicians were professional and played beautifully. They were willing to take my daughter's ideas and work with her. I highly recommend Ensemble Aevia for any event and would not hesitate to use them again in the... Read More future.

2014-10-12T13:45:13 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much, and an extra thank you from Karen, Cam, and J! All the best, Matt

Something special!

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Kat R

My husband and I went back and forth debating on what type of music we wanted for the ceremony. We finally made our decision and went with Ensemble Aevia, and WHAT A GREAT DECISION! We were so happy with the outcome and our guests after the wedding couldn't stop commenting on... Read More how nice the music sounded before the ceremony started. Working with Matt was great, he was always timely with communication and confirming payment which is a blessing in an otherwise stressful time. You will not regret having the Aevia musicians at your wedding or any other event for that matter!

2014-10-09T21:11:01 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! It was our pleasure! Julie, Tim, and I wish you all the best! Matt

Amazing ceremony music

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Michele F

We had a wonderful experience working with Matthew from Ensemble Aevia. He took the time to run through different options for our ceremony, and had great suggestions. The music was beautiful, we couldn't have worked with a better group of musicians.

2014-10-09T20:43:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you very very much! Anne-Marie, Harel, and I wish you all the best. Matt

Special Touch

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Alexandria D

We hired Ensemble Aevia for our beach wedding and we couldn't have been happier. They played for our outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour. The guests loved them and walking down the isle to string music was amazing. They were so easy to work with and helped me pick out all the... Read More songs we needed for the ceremony. They were also reasonably priced. I would highly recommend Ensemble Aevia.

2014-10-09T20:47:04 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for having us! It was great to be out by the water playing music. Tim and I wish you all the best. Matt

Reviewed on 9/23/2014 Britt O

I cannot imagine better ceremony music- they were tremendous.

2014-09-30T22:04:45 Response from the vendor

Thank you, Brittany and Rob, for having us. It was such a great ceremony, and playing on the deck with the great view was a blast! All the best from Etleva, Bo and me. Matt