Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa

Manchester Village, VT

The Equinox, A Wedding Destination for All Seasons

Steeped in history and nestled among the Green and Taconic Mountains on 1,300 acres, The Equinox represents an iconic New England village. Spectacular views, world-class service, luxury accommodations, and an array of year-round activities, make The Equinox a wedding destination for all seasons.

$$$

Guest Capacity

Ballroom, Waterfront, Garden, Hotel, Tented

Food + Catering, Planning

3567 Main Street, Manchester Village, VT

Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/13/2013 Vanessa M

This resort is beautiful and our dream wedding was so perfectly memorable because of the amazing staff and beautiful scenery. Everyone from the wedding coordinators to the bellmen were amazing! The rooms and suites are beautiful and the food is the best in New England.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 10/04/2012 Laura T

The Equinox provides a wedding (event) planner when you have a wedding there. Lauren was wonderful to work with, and does an incredible job managing the stress. Our entire wedding would not have been possible without her. She coordinates every detail smoothly, and makes the... Read More entire process more fun.

Amazing from start to finish

Reviewed on 9/18/2012 Jenn M

Lauren (coordinator) adn Shelly (pastry chef) at the Equinox were incredible, and made the process easy and our wedding day so special and worry-free. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff, the beauty of the venue, the smoothness of each transition throughout the... Read More day, or the food and desserts!!! Their extra touches made us feel very cared for and added something more to what is already a fantastic, all-inclusive site.

Flawless

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Sara S

I just got married 2 days ago at the Equinox and could not wait to review it. The hotel was amazing and did an absolutely fantastic job. I am from Vermont originally but live on Boston now so outside of a few visits to the site most of the planning was done remotely. Charlotte... Read More the event planner was fantastic. She was quick to respond and able to meet special requests even when we asked for them last minute. Jody Hewes was the room block cooridnator and emailed back and forth with me no less then 30 times to accommodate my family and friends and make adjustments whenever I asked for them. As for the actual site and weekend it was gorgeous. The weather was perfect so that helped, however the hotel was lovely and the staff was extremely helpful. All bellhops and staff knew who my husband and I were and addressed us by name when they saw us. The bridal suite is gigantic and overlooks the lawn we got married in. It fit my 10 bridesmaids. 3 hair dressers a makeup artists and my family easily. We called the front desk for all sorts of things (a steamer, pitchers of juice, etc) and they were brought up promptly. When it came time for the actual ceremony, everytime I needed direction Charlotte appeared with a friendly direction. I never needed to go looking for her or felt lost because she wasn't there, however she was not hovering or ever present so my special moments with my friends and family were private and uninterrupted. We got married on the lawn and the cocktail hour was immediately following after and it went off without a hitch. The reception was in the colonade which was beautiful and the staff had taken care of the tablescapes to my exact instruction. we had baked chicken with risotto and summer veggies which was hot and yummy. ALL of our guests commented on how beautiful the venue was and that it was one of the most pleasant weddings they had ever been to. I would highly highly recommend the Equinox for a venue.

Not worth the cost even in off season.

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Deborah H

I hesitated for months to write this because I had such a mixed experience with the Equinox. But I think it's important that couples know what to expect. With foreknowledge, my experience with the Equinox MIGHT have been more positive! I will also say, that my daughter doesn't... Read More share my opinions about the Equinox, fortunately for her, it was the perfect day! My biggest complaint with the Equinox is the multiple discrepancies between a quoted price from one of their employees compared to what I was billed for and/or was part of the final estimate. I would warn anyone thinking of using them not to stop looking at other locations until you finally receive your formal quote. In our situation, my daughter and her fiance let the other options go after receiving a verbal confirmation that they would fit within their TOTAL budget. The final quote was a couple of thousand over the amount they gave them AND it did not include numerous aspects such as flowers, cake, decor, etc., but by then it was too late to start over with a new location. For myself, when I checked out of the hotel they offered to just email me my receipt, but fortunately I had them print it off and found 3 more discrepancies. They were quick to correct them, but they shouldn't have been on there at all. My second criticism is regarding the quality of food and lodging. The rooms in the main building have not retained their historical charm so I would expect them to be luxurious by today's standards. They are not. First and foremost, there were no closets in our room, only a small wardrobe. So the only place to hang the wedding dress where it wouldn't wrinkle was on the crown molding. Secondly, over the years when they've repainted they haven't bothered to sand or remove the old loose paint so the doors and trim look like what you'd expect in a seedy motel. The mildew in the shower just adds to the overall dinginess. That's not character - that's tacky. Then there's the food! I was not impressed by ANY of the food during our weekend stay. We ate in the Chop House for dinner one night, the Colonnade for breakfast and then of course, the catered meal for the wedding. Nothing stood out and some dishes were very disappointing. Oh, and don't bother to ask for a French 75, apparently none of their bartenders knows how to make one properly! I also had a meat & cheese tray sent up along with a pitcher of orange juice and $47 bottle of champagne for a light snack while we were getting ready so I didn't have bridesmaids passing out during the wedding. The selection was good and the additional fruit tray was a nice surprise, but the $375 bill, was not! My fault. I should have confirmed the total price with the concierge before signing off on it, but it was a bit hectic at that time. Also, if you choose to use their apple cider donuts for favors, make sure they are made fresh that day. They go stale very fast! The one thing I will say in their favor is with the exception of the poor service in the Chop House, the rest of the staff bent over backwards to take care of us. If anything, at times they were a bit too enthusiastic, but their eagerness to please and their over all kindness mitigated some of my ire at paying so much for what seems to me to be anything but luxurious. Vermont is a beautiful and romantic location for a wedding, even in the winter. I'm willing to bet, however, that there are other locations that offer more for less.

2014-07-25T15:41:01 Response from the vendor

Dear retrdmom, We received your review and thank you for your feedback. We apologize that your experience did not meet your expectations but we are, however, happy that it did not affect the bride and groom or any attendees of the wedding. Thank you for... Read Less Read More

Great Place to have a fall wedding!

Reviewed on 11/24/2012 Lisa P

I had my wedding at the Pond Pavilion at the Equinox Resort. Great Fall venue, beautiful grounds! The food was great, and the catering staff was awesome! The service at the reception was amazing! We loved the bread pudding!

Mostly Great

Reviewed on 7/09/2012 Sarah B

Overall, our experience at the Equinox was very good. The decor and accommodations were gorgeous, the food was fantastic, and they took good care of a lot of the details. However, there were a few drawbacks. First, it was quite expensive. We had our wedding during the offseason,... Read More so the rates weren't as bad as they could have been, but it was still quite high. Second, they switched wedding planners about half way through planning my wedding and the second one (Lauren) left a lot to be desired. She gave the impression of being on top of everything, but forgot a lot of details in the end. Maybe she'll get better once she has more experience, but if I were doing it all over again I would have hired a day-of wedding planner to pick up some of her slack.

beautiful - The Pond Pavilion at The Equinox

Reviewed on 11/01/2011 Kathryn F

overall an amazing and stunning location for the wedding. needed to stay on top of wedding coordinator which was stressful but the hotel is top notch and the food was quite good. Service from the staff working the event was wonderful.

Equinox

Reviewed on 10/02/2011 kristin b

The Pond Pavilion at the Equinox provided the most magnificent backdrop to our wedding day. The Falcon Bar with the live music and huge firepit were wonderful venues following the Rehearsal Dinner and actual wedding! We could not have asked for a better location. If you like the... Read More outdoors, but also want to feel pampered, this is the spot for you.

The Pond Pavilion

Reviewed on 8/29/2011 Emily C

We got married down on the pond at the Equinox. The setting could not have been any more perfect! Our guests raved about how beautiful it was and the service was worth every dime of gratuity. The Pavilion is perfect for small, intimate weddings like mine, and you can't beat the... Read More backdrop! Additionally, the wedding coordinator was beyond helpful, everything ran smoothly and I greatly appreciated being stress free knowing she was taking care of everything.

Equinox Wedding Venue

Reviewed on 8/04/2011 Jaime M

While the reception went very smoothly (minus their forgetting to provide the complimentary champagne toast), the hotel front desk staff leave much to be desired! They we unhelpful, rude, and miscommunicated important information to our guests. We spent the afternoon of our... Read More rehearsal scrambling to fix their misdoings!

Beautiful Venue and Amazing staff and food!

Reviewed on 7/17/2011 Yvonne P

I can't say enough wonderful things about the Ponds Pavillion at the Equinox Resort and Spa! I would highly recommend this venue for the most beautiful scenery and rustic location! Staff is wonderful and food was the best wedding food any of our guests ever had! :)

WOW!

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 Meredith T

I got married at the Pond Pavilion the site was beautiful. Even thought it was a 90 degree day in May something I was totally unprepared for. The site was perfect. The staff was nothing but helpful. The second the ceremony was over I had a bottle of water in my hand something I... Read More needed but would never have thought of. Our day was perfect from start to finish thanks to the wonderful staff at the Equinox. My family and wedding party rented our the entire 1811 house they have. It was perfect had it's own kitchen, bar and a beautiful backyard. If you are looking for the perfect weeding venue I highly recommend the Equinox.

TO Equinox, A Luxury Collection Golf Resort & Spa