Eric McCallister Photography

New England and beyond

Unobtrusive. Creative. Documentary.

I’m a visual storyteller. My goal is to convey the complete wedding day story through classic and timeless images — images that my clients will turn to five, ten, thirty years later and transport themselves right back to their wedding day.

Online Proofing, Digital Files

PO Box 733, Portsmouth, NH New England and beyond (603) 733-4574

A great photographer who takes BEAUTIFUL photograp

Reviewed on 10/31/2011 Anna H

Eric is a great choice for your big day- he is professional but personable, talented but down-to-earth, and his photographs are GORGEOUS. Seriously gorgeous. We were looking for someone who would be easy to work with but also who could capture us - and our lakeside wedding... Read More location - in the best possible light ... Eric was exactly that. Most of all, Eric is able to capture moments really naturally, so you look your best but you also look real - exactly how a wedding day should be... But don't take my word for it, check out his portfolio online.

Reviewed on 9/18/2017 Taylor D

Eric is absolutely amazing! He has such an eye for detail and is extremely professional. He shot our engagement session in March and our wedding on September 16. We've only gotten back a few wedding pictures so far, but they are phenomenal!! I am so excited to see the rest of... Read More them. I would recommend Eric 1000 times over.

Reviewed on 8/28/2017 Christine M

Finding a photographer who would capture our relationship and personality was a top priority. For our engagement photos, Eric met us on a cold and snowy day and went above and beyond to ensure he captured some beautiful images. We have just gotten married and the sneak peek... Read More photos are BREATHTAKING, truly spectacular, we cannot wait to see the rest! There aren't enough great things to say about Eric's professionalism, lovely personality and his wonderful artistic ability. We treasure these photos and hope to work with him again!

Reviewed on 5/27/2017 Julie B

Eric photographed our downtown Boston wedding in December and captured our night perfectly. He has an eye for a backdrop and makes pictures unique. At our engagement session, he found ways to make a single destination produce so many different photographs. He was a true... Read More professional, brought an extra hand to help with the wedding day and we were thrilled with the result. All digital high-res photographs were given to us on a USB as well, included in the package. Thank you for everything Eric!

Reviewed on 1/06/2017 William B

It's almost unfair to limit a review to just words. Just take one look at the photographs Eric takes and you will not need to read any further. The pictures Eric is able to take are nothing short of spectacular . He can take a a gorgeous perfect day and capture it all on film,... Read More somehow making it even better. Eric is super easy to work with and very open to any ideas. When we first met Eric for our engagement shoot, I had a list of suggestions for places we could take our photos. Eric took my suggestion list and walked for 5 hours through the city of Boston so we hit not just one but all the sites. On our wedding day we were lucky enough to have beautiful skies on our wedding day and Eric was able to capture the skies color and vibrance in all our pictures. I love looking at the reception pictures from our wedding as well. There are so many pictures of all my guests caught in perfect moments of happiness and joy and fun. It is wonderful to have those memories captured. Eric's skills are truly worth every penny. Photography was the second most important wedding expense to me on my wedding day after the location and I don't think I could have asked for anything more than what Eric provided. Friendly, easygoing, and most importantly, incredibly talented.

Reviewed on 1/02/2017 Katy D

Eric is an amazing photographer and was such a joy to work with! He did both our engagement and wedding photos and they turned out absolutely beautiful! He also sends the photos out really fast! After both sessions we had a handful of photos in our inbox the next morning (which... Read More was especially impressive after our New Year’s Eve wedding!), which made our moms very happy because they had awesome photos to post on Facebook! Eric provided all of our photos to us on a thumb drive, which was a huge selling point for us! During our wedding, Eric was by our side all night and captured all of the most important and special moments, but without being in our face or annoying. In fact, most of the time we didn’t even notice, which meant he got a lot of beautiful, genuine candid shots. Eric is a trooper and would do whatever he needed to get the perfect shot! At one point he was laying in the snow without a coat on to get a picture of us during the NYE fireworks show. We absolutely loved working with Eric and highly recommend him for any event.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Jennifer E

Ladies! Gentlemen! Do yourself a favor and BOOK Eric McCallister Photography! Best decision my husband and I made!! I consider myself someone who is very hard to please and Eric absolutely amazed me with his creative talents!! I loved his website photos when I first discovered... Read More him and contacted him right away. We hired him immediately before our first in-person meeting ended. He and his second photographer, Brian, were ALWAYS polite, unobtrusive, fun, efficient, and easy going. They were extremely professional and did every formal (work friend, college friends) or photo (rings, cake, my shoes, guys getting ready) we wanted from the list my hubby and I put together. Just last night we received the email link to our proofs. I immediately sent it to my MOH and mom which created another unforgettable moment. We all cried (in a good way!! tears of pure joy!) while looking at the photos. He brilliantly captured the moments so we were able to relive it all over again. We did not have a videographer and knew how important the photos needed to be. After months and months of planning, the day goes by in a flash and you'll want EPIC photos to capture every special moment and even those you might have missed! Eric delivered everything and more! Booking Eric will seriously be a load of stress off your shoulders. You will not need to worry about anything, just pick the package you want, provide a list, and they will do the rest. Worth every penny! We cannot say thank you enough!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Sarah S

We are from New Jersey and were married in Rockport, Massachusetts so there was a little bit of anxiety finding a photographer out of state for our destination wedding. I spent a lot of time researching photographers in the area and viewing their work and reviews. We couldn't be... Read More happier with our choice. Eric is a true professional. His photos are unique and classic. He has the ability to capture natural looking photographs with the most beautiful background without having it looked staged. Eric was great to work with. Open communication was important to us since we were planning a wedding from another state and he answered any and all questions we had promptly. Eric's pricing was fair and very reasonable. We definitely felt like we got the absolute best for our money.

Outstanding Photographer

Reviewed on 11/03/2015

Eric is an absolutely amazing photographer. I had seen his gorgeous work from previous weddings and knew I wanted him to capture my wedding day as well. From the moment I met him until the day of the wedding, Eric was professional and understanding. He went above and beyond to... Read More capture our wedding day. The few photos that I have seen are spectacular. I cannot wait to see the rest! I would recommend Eric without any hesitation!

Reviewed on 10/04/2015 Cheyanne B

I searched through a million blogs to find a photographer that would really capture the energy of Mark and my special day -- when I found Eric's portfolio, I immediately reached out. I was a bit too late in the year and Eric was not available on the day of our wedding, so he... Read More introduced me to his associate photographer Peter Martin who still had the day open. Firstly, Eric runs a fantastic business; it was so easy and streamlined to work with him from start to finish, which is ideal when you have 500 things on your to-do list. The photos are insanely awesome. And as for Peter himself, it's hard to describe how amazing Peter is. Not just his eye for great shots of course, but his energy was perfect throughout the day. His demeanor was so fun yet still calming, just what a bride needs amidst the nerves. He was able to understand all of my family and friend's unique personalities and somehow capture all of those in the photos he took. Mark and I can't thank Peter and Eric enough for such an incredible experience and for capturing the memories of our wedding so beautifully.

Reviewed on 9/12/2015 Laura M

Eric is a true professional who captured the joy of our wedding day beautifully. I found him extremely easy to work with and he is very adaptable. He was one of the most organized vendors I worked with, and he was always willing to answer questions. His pictures speak for... Read More themselves, and his service is just as good.

Reviewed on 8/12/2015 Jessica M

There is no doubt that Eric is a truly talented photographer and a professional in every way! He came highly recommended to us and after looking at his work, we knew he was the right photographer for us! From the very beginning, he was a great communicator and also very... Read More supportive in making our wishes come to life. From our engagement shoot at The Ice Castles, to our wedding at Flag Hill Winery, Eric impressed us with his ability to make what felt like "little old awkward us" feel special and look fantastic. We will treasure these photos forever! Even with our wedding being over, we look forward to seeing what Eric does with his future couples. So awesome! Thank you Eric McCallister!

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Nicole L

When we asked a wedding coordinator on the board of directors for Boston Wedding Group who she recommended for photography, she immediately sat us down and began showing us a slide show of Eric’s work. She told us that of all of the weddings and events she’d been a part of,... Read More she’d never seen photos quite like his. After working with Eric and seeing the moments he was able to capture, we couldn’t agree more! Eric was extremely professional, made us feel comfortable, and was able to creatively and unobtrusively document our day. Beyond this, Eric is just a wonderful person. He went above and beyond to make sure we had priceless photographs of a family member who wasn’t able to make it to the wedding. I’ve already had countless guests and photo viewers ask for Eric’s information, which is a true testament of his talent (one has already booked and our wedding was 2 weeks ago!). When all is said and done, it’s the photos that you have to remember the day. You can’t go wrong with Eric and I would wholeheartedly recommend him!

Best Decision

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 Kirsten G

Eric and his associate were one of our best choices for our wedding day. We decided to only hire a photographer, and not a videographer so we were hoping that the pictures would capture it all. We were not disappointed at all! You don't really need any more proof that browsing... Read More Eric's website to see his talent. What those pictures don't show you is that he is the hardest working vendor at your wedding. He is organized and focused all day - its amazing! Our wedding day had some drizzle and breaks in the clouds, but around sunset, Eric was running out to the front of the property every few minutes in between other shots to check on the sky. As soon as the sunset started to take form (and it was beautiful!) he came and grabbed us and out we went for some AMAZING pictures. Eric, thank you for your talent, time and effort to help us capture every moment on our wedding day. We are forever grateful. -Jeff and Kirsten

BEST photographer EVER!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Brittany L

We had the associate photographer, Peter, for our wedding. He was SO energetic and fun! He was kind and really took an emotional interest in our wedding and us as a couple. He listened to our wishes and brought in his own expertise to really make sure our pictures were great. He... Read More was by far our best vendor and completely worth the investment. I recommend him to anyone and everyone! :)

Simply the best

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Mariah W

I was referred to Eric McCallister by a mutual friend and we could not have been more pleased to have worked with him. Throughout the planning process, Eric was professional and genuinely cared about our wedding. It is clear to see from his work, that he is the best of the... Read More best. We had an awesome time with him on the day of our wedding and even received a few snapshots via email the next morning. We will absolutely be referring him to all of our friends getting married over the next few years and could not have been more pleased with our photos. Thank you Eric for the incredible photos for which we receive so many compliments and will treasure for the rest of our lives!

Best decision we made

Reviewed on 9/08/2014 Caroline H

We hired Eric and his assistant to take photos of our Rehearsal Dinner and our Wedding in July. I live in NYC and our wedding was in NH so I was putting a lot of trust in someone I hadn't met, even though I did a lot of research and booked him a year in advance. We were SO... Read More pleasantly surprised by the amazing quality of his work. Our friends and family can not stop raving about the beautiful photos we have, and they all exceeded our expectations. At the last minute we asked him to photograph our rehearsal dinner and he made himself available and captured many beautiful photos of our clam bake. Eric has an artistic style, but incorporated many posed photos, beautiful candids, and our important details in a beautiful way. He captured moments my husband and I missed - which is such a gift for us. We had dinner with friends who are engaged recently and they asked us what was the best decision we made, and my answer was that we hired Eric! I had this vision in my mind of how great our photos could be and I was so ecstatic to have the final product (that we got in THREE WEEKS by the way) exceeded our expectations in any way. A special thing he did was send us a handful of photos via email the very night of our wedding, so we went to bed so happy that we knew we made the right decision. I'd recommend him to anyone across the US!!

Absolutely amazing!

Reviewed on 6/26/2014 Leandra H

We haven't even gotten all of our photos yet and we are already blown away! Eric's photographs are breathtaking! Everyone we have shown our pictures to cannot stop raving about them. Maybe even more importantly, Eric and his assistant were an absolute BLAST to have with us on... Read More our wedding day - professional, yet personable and fun. They were unobtrusive, flexible, and attentive throughout the entire process. My fiancé contacted Eric four days before our wedding asking to surprise me with a photo booth and he made it happen! Attendant, props, and all! We priced out several photographers and feel like we got a steal with Eric. His pictures are absolutely art and we will cherish them for a lifetime!

Eric is amazing! Book him now!

Reviewed on 12/23/2013 Amanda S

I can't say enough about how amazing Eric is!! He is very responsive with phone calls and emails and is very willing to work with his brides to get exactly what they want on their wedding day. He was always very easy to find on my wedding day if I wanted a quick picture with... Read More someone but was never in the way. He worked well with all other vendors including my videographer whom he had never met before. On top of all of that his photos are absolutely stunning!! I actually feel so lucky to be the bride in his photographs because they are so amazing. If you are looking for a wedding photographer in this area then Eric is the one you need to book! You will be more than happy with the results!!! Check out his website and blog and you will see what I mean. http://www.mccallisterweddings.net/amanda-tom-a-margate-wedding/

Simply amazing!

Reviewed on 7/23/2013 Andrea B

There are not enough stars on this to capture how awesome Eric is as a photographer. He has such amazing vision and produces such unique photos. Our wedding day had temps in the 90's with high humidity, but it didn't stop Eric one bit- the guy never sits still! We have been... Read More getting non-stop compliments on our photos from everyone who sees them. A couple of people at my husband's work commented that our photos are by far the best wedding pictures they have ever seen. My only regret is that we didn't book him for more hours (we chose a 4 hr package since we were on a tight budget).

Our favorite vendor

Reviewed on 6/13/2013 stephanie K

Eric was absolutely amazing. He was so detailed and made sure we got every picture we wanted! Not only is his photography beautiful, but he is so fun to work with. He gave us guidance for our pictures but we felt like he wasn't interrupting. He blended in seamlessly.

Awesome pictures!

Reviewed on 5/27/2013 Ann-Sofie A

Working with Eric was a true pleasure, he made us feel so comfortable when taking pictures and he had so many good ideas of what to do or where to take them. He had really had a good look at our venue beforehand which made it go smoothly and we didn't have be away from our... Read More guests too long. He made all the pictures "pop" in different ways and we really feel we have beautiful wedding pictures to remember our big day with. Many of our guests have commented how great and special our pictures are and we could not be happier!

The Best Vendor of our entire Wedding!

Reviewed on 7/18/2012 Sarah A

Eric was the our favorite vendor we had for our entire wedding! He went above and beyond at every turn of the way. He stayed in touch throughout our whole engagement. He cared! And, oh, our PICTURES!!! They were beyond breathtaking! I mean, stunning! Cover page of a magazine... Read More quality! We got the rights to all of them to do what we wish too! Inside, outside, sunset and everything else. I was worried our couple pictures would look too much like we were on a golf course, but he was imaginative to fix that issue. Eric will be there for you even after the big day to help decide on albums and getting the best value. He truly is worth every penny and such a wonderful artist! I cannot recommend him enough to anyone in the New England area!

Fantastic work!

Reviewed on 9/08/2011 Caitlin W

Eric did a wonderful job photographing our special day. He was professional and very attentive. He also remained calm while my large and chaotic family wanted to have lots of photos taken following our ceremony. He was organized and got all the shots we requested!

Excellent and easygoing photographer

Reviewed on 9/15/2010 Jaclyne M

Eric and assistant were easy to work with, creative, professional, and fun!!