Erica OBrien Cake Design. Be fabulous.

Erica O'Brien creates cakes that taste as decadent as they look. Every wedding cake is unique, just like every client. Erica works with every couple until the design accurately reflects their individual style and preferences. Clients tell us our cake is the best they've ever tasted.

$$$$ – Expensive

Dietary Options

Gluten Free

Cake Accessories, Cake Delivery + Setup, Cake Tastings, Cakes + Desserts

1242 Whitney Ave., Hamden, CT (203) 200-0350

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Lori C

I have to say how much I LOVED my cake!!! I came with a few ideas and they helped sketch them into reality!! I was so excited about the design I could hardly wait....and they didn't let me down!!! My cake was elegant and romantic and totally delicious!! I took the leftovers home... Read More and have been addicted to this mocha espresso frosting!! Thank you so much for making my wedding perfect!!!!

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Lauren M

Our wedding cake not only tasted amazing, but it was also gorgeous. Erica sat with us in her shop the month before our wedding for over an hour as we decided which flavors we liked best (they were all fresh and delicious - you cannot go wrong!) and what our cake should look... Read More like. She talked us through numerous options and came up with a sketch that was unlike anything we had considered before. It was creative and fun and fit the style of our wedding just perfectly. Erica's execution the day of the wedding was flawless as the cake looked and tasted wonderful!

Delicious Cake

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Jen K

Erica did a great job with our wedding cake. We met with her to sample cake and plan the design for our cake. On the day of the wedding the cake was delivered on time and it looked exactly as we envisioned it. We chose to do a smaller cake with a sheet cake for our guests... Read More and she was able to accommodate this for us. She is budget friendly and does everything she can to understand what your vision is. Erica is very friendly and was great to work with. She did a great job and the cake was delicious, thank you!

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Kate M

If you are looking for an absolutley beautiful cake Erica O'Brien is your girl. If you want your cake to taste as great as it looks then keep looking... Even though my cake was STUNNING it was dryer than dry. My husband and I opted to have a vanilla butter cream cake with... Read More vanilla cake and chocolate ganache filling to serve 125 people. No one ate the cake and we had so much left over. If any of our guests did have the cake they said the ganache was delicious but the cake it self was very very dry. Unfortunately, I do not recommend Erica for another wedding cake. Not only did it not taste good but it was so completely overpriced. If I did it over again I would have left out the cake idea and just stuck with a small cake from another vendor maybe a cake to just service 50-60 people and a ben & jerrys sundae bar...

Beautiful and Delicious Cakes!

Reviewed on 7/02/2015 Meghan K

Erica made our wedding cake and a cupcake display. While I got a lot of compliments how gorgeous the cake looked, I got even more about how delicious it was. We had absolutely nothing left at the end of the night! During our tasting, there wasn't a frosting we didn't love (worth... Read More a day off your wedding diet to try it all!). Will definitely be ordering from Erica in the future.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 alisha f

The cake was not only beautiful but delicious!! We LOVED it!

Ruffles and Roses

Reviewed on 9/28/2014 Lisa A

Erica made my dream cake trio come to life! I fell in love with the ruffle cakes I saw on pinterest. I went to a couple different cake bakers with my request and was told it was not possible in my budget. Erica made it happen! I was responsible for providing the cake stands... Read More and she delivered the cakes without a hitch. (you do have to pay for delivery). They were exactly as we had discussed. They tasted delicious also. Banana cake with vanilla bean buttercream, and red velvet with oreo cookie buttercream. The tasting itself was amazing and she offered a few different ways for us to cut costs. I had a cake topper that I had made on my own and Erica was more than happy to put it on the cake. Other bakers I went to told me the topper would ruin the look of the cake. The overall price wasn't cheap, but for the piece of art that she created it was well worth it. It definitely was a grand focal piece as people walked into the venue. The cake mirrored my dress, and the flower arrangements tying everything together perfectly. Check out photos on instagram at #awugahwedding . I highly recommend Erica O'brien over other cake bakers because she is truly an artist and can bring your vision to life.

Can't rave enough about this cake!!

Reviewed on 9/22/2014 Karen M

Erica O'Brien Cake Design provided the cake for our wedding on September 6th, 2014 at the Hopkins Vineyard in Connecticut. After scouring the internet for ideas, we met with Erica's assistant, Callan for our tasting and to discuss design ideas. First of all, you have never... Read More tasted a wedding cake like theirs. It's like an old-fashioned, from scratch, all butter, nothing fake, ridiculously delicious cake. Seriously. My husband isn't normally interested in desserts what so ever, and he devoured everything. I think he was picking crumbs off the plate. So as well as major yummy baking skills, we chose Erica O'Brien for their phenomenal design skills. They make unique, fresh and modern cakes, with killer sugar flowers (our looked so real, we couldn't believe it!). Callan totally got the idea that was floating in my head, and the final product was jaw dropping. I actually stopped in my tracks as my father and I walked through the reception tent on the way to my ceremony. That's right, I made everyone wait so I could check out the cake. Erica was very easy to work with, responding quickly to questions and emails. We really loved how excited and enthusiastic they were about our cake. Without a doubt, we would recommend Erica O'Brien Cake Design. I'm already trying to come up with an excuse to order another cake...

Beautiful Work, Delicious, and Gluten Free!

Reviewed on 5/15/2014 Allison E

Meeting Erica and tasting her delicious creations was a great experience, but seeing and tasting her work of art the day of the wedding was above and beyond what I envisioned. Erica met my Gluten Free requirements and created the most delicious cupcakes for the Non-Gluten Free... Read More Guests.

Most delicious cakes!

Reviewed on 9/24/2013 Rachel Y

While it was important for my cake to look beautiful, what was more important was the taste..After the tasting at Erica's store it was a no brainer..She makes by far the most delicious wedding cakes out there..I was more than happy with my cakes on my wedding day!

Gorgeous and delicious

Reviewed on 8/14/2012 Shannon M

Erica is an amazing person as well as an amazing cake designer. She was easy to work with, our cake was beautiful, and it tasted delicious. I am definitely going to order from her for future occasions! Thank you so much, Erica for everything!

Amazing! Beautiful and delicious!

Reviewed on 11/25/2010 Christina G

Erica designed both of the cakes for my wedding. I couldn't decide on one design, so she made a beautiful 3 tier white buttercream cake with these amazing edible purple orchids, and then made a fake grooms cake with a sort of Moroccan theme. Since I had an additional reception... Read More out of state, I was able to take the beautiful Moroccan cake with us to display. Everyone loved our cake- 2 tiers were vanilla bean cake with strawberry filling, and one was chocolate cake with white russian filling! I really appreciate her design asthetic and her use of all natural, high quality ingredients. Erica is very professional and great to work with! I was so impressed I went back and had Erica create the cake for my baby shower! I would highly recommend Erica to any bride!