ERNST JACOBSEN *AWARD WINNING* WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHY

Chicago, Bloomington, Normal, Champaign, Peoria

Artistic, Documentary, Modern

Getting Engaged, Wedding

Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Printed Enlargements, Wedding Albums, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing

Chicago, Bloomington, Normal, Champaign, Peoria (309) 287-0848

Reviewed on 11/22/2017 Audrey W

My husband and I could not have asked for a better photographer. He was reasonably priced, kept in touch with us throughout the entire year before the wedding, he asked for our suggestions and was open to anything we wanted. The turn around time to receive our pictures was so... Read More quick and he gives you ALL of the pictures he took throughout the whole day. Our pictures were phenomenal. I really liked how you didn't notice him taking pictures all of the time, I'm not someone that likes to be in the spotlight and I never felt uncomfortable at all. Our bridal party and guests all complimented on how friendly he was throughout the whole day. I would highly recommend Ernst.

Reviewed on 11/16/2017 Danielle K

Absolutely fantastic! Ernst went above and beyond what we ever expected. We had no idea what we were doing and he guided us every step up the way! He even took time out to check out our venue to get ideas AND came to the rehearsal to touch base, give suggestions, and get to know... Read More us. He even helped guide our rehearsal since we didn't have a wedding coordinate that night! The pictures turned out amazing, and we will cherish them FOREVER! He didn't miss a thing! If you are looking for an incredible, dedicated and talented photographer, you found him!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017 Holly S

Working with Ernst was a dream. Andrew and I felt so comfortable with his familiar charm and the photographs are absolutely stunning! He is kind, professional, and adaptable. Ernst genuinely cares about your desires and takes the time to make them a reality. The best decision of... Read More the day was marrying my true love; the second was having Ernst capture our special day. We are so grateful for the joyous, intimate, and comical moments captured for us to enjoy the rest of our lives, especially knowing they were handled with great care.

Reviewed on 8/07/2017 Amy G

Ernst went above and beyond to make our day memorable. He drove out of his way to attend the rehearsal so he could meet everyone and get some ideas for the ceremony. The day of, he was calm and flexible. Using the photography schedule that he helped me create, he made sure to... Read More get all the important shots. Upon completion of the photo gallery, he was quick to make any editing changes I requested. After that, he shipped us our custom USB drive. The attention to detail was astounding. We received a custom box with our photo on the lid, several 8X10 prints, and a custom wooden USB drive with our photo on the front. I would recommend Ernst to anyone who wants memorable photos and a relaxed but professional photographer. We are so glad we hired him!

Reviewed on 7/26/2017 Morgan K

Wow wow WOW! Our wedding photos are fantastic!!! We absolutely love them...thank you so much! Our favorites are the ones we didn't even specifically ask for! The candids and individual couple/family shots at the reception are so incredible!! Thank you, Ernst, for your attention... Read More to detail and above and beyond service - we couldn't have asked for a better photographer!! - Morgan & Ryan

Reviewed on 6/05/2017 Kristin W

Ernst was everything I was looking for in a wedding photographer! He was so professional, helpful, and sweet! Everyone mentioned how great he was, and the photos turned out beautiful. I really wanted not only great pictures of my husband and me, but also candids of the day and... Read More our loved ones there. As promised, his photographs tell a beautiful story of the day. I highly recommend Ernst Jacobsen Photography!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Kate V

I can't say enough about Ernst Jacobsen. I could not be happier with the whole process and with our final pictures. I was repeatedly surprised by how Ernst went above and beyond, and I would absolutely recommend him. Choosing him was a no-brainer, as he did an excellent job on... Read More my brother in law's wedding; however, I was completely surprised by how much behind the scenes work he did to ensure we were completely satisfied. Ernst assisted us since day one by sending 'worksheets' to help us in determining our timeline, establishing our picture priorities, determining how much time to spend at each photo location, and the sequence of the wedding reception. Ernst also scoped out our reception venue prior to the wedding, came to our ceremony rehearsal, and made sure to meet the close family members before the actual day. Ernst was in frequent contact with us prior to the day to ensure we were on the same page. On the day of, he arrived early, and was the utmost professional. He took all of the 'staged' pictures we had planned on, but also plenty of candid shots capturing perfect moments, that actually wound up being my favorites. He has a great eye. He surprised us further by using the assistance of his wife as a second photographer, to take shots from the balcony during church, and other angles during the reception. He stayed beyond his scheduled time and captured literally every moment from the start of the day to the end. I feel like I'm watching a play by play when looking at our pictures, not a moment was skipped nor someone not photographed. Afterwards, Ernst was timely in sending our finished pics; we received the digital files in roughly 3 weeks. He was very open to feedback, and willing to work with me until I was satisfied, including even cropping my brother into a family picture, swapping my groom's head due to him making a face in one shot, and reducing the "shine" on my groom's apparently sweaty forehead. We received a USB drive once I was satisfied with all the pics, which came along with several bonus printed 8x10s! We ordered an album, which I am also very happy with. It is higher quality then I expected; much higher than the typical Shutterfly album I would have probably made otherwise ;) Ernst designed the album, but again gave me complete freedom to add and swap pictures as I wanted. Ernst is dedicated, reliable, and very hard working. You will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 5/13/2017 Katrina C

Choosing Ernst as our photographer was one of the best decisions we made! He’s not only incredibly talented and professional, but also warm and genuine. He took time to listen to our story and understand what we were looking for with our photographs. We were incredibly impressed... Read More that he took the time to attend our rehearsal in order to meet our parents, family and bridal party. And the resulting photos – WOW. We were amazed at how quickly he returned our photos to us, and absolutely thrilled at how they turned out. All the little special candid moments were captured brilliantly; each time we look through our photos it’s like re-living the best day of our lives. We simply cannot say thank you enough!!

Reviewed on 2/22/2017 Victoria R

Ernst is a rock star! My husband and I had a Medieval themed wedding. Everyone came dressed up; Ernst even showed up in a costume. He could not have been more professional. Our pictures turned out gorgeous. This man laid down one ground in rocks and leaves to get some of the... Read More most amazing pictures I have ever seen of myself. Everyone loved him too. He got thousands of pictures of me and my husband to celebrate our wedding, but he also got some very good candid photos of people that make for even better memories. The time between the wedding and getting out pictures back was very short too, and the USB even had one of the pictures on it. I could not recommend Ernst enough! Every person who mentions that they are getting married gets to hear about Ernst from me. 10/10 100/100 This is the photographer you want for your wedding.

Reviewed on 12/10/2016 Lexi C

Ernst has definitely exceeded our expectations. He is so easy to work with, very organized, gave us so many helpful suggestions and recommendations, such a gentleman, and he is so relaxed and calm (which is what you want on your big day!). Our pictures are absolutely beautiful.... Read More They are very natural looking, the lighting is perfect, and candid! I told him I didn't want anything to look posed or fake, and he assured me that's not the look he goes for. He was certainly right. They are perfect. He sent us a gift box that had our picture on it and inside was our USB that was wood and had our picture on it! I thought that was so awesome and thoughtful! He also gave us some 8x10 pictures as a gift. Ernst worked so hard to make sure that everything ran smoothly, to make everyone feel comfortable, he knew all of the family members names I gave him for our photo timeline, and he just has an eye for detail. I would totally recommend him to anyone, and already have people asking who took my pictures! His hard work did not go unnocticed and we are forever grateful to have had him be our photographer. Thank you, Ernst!

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Bevin C

We discovered Ernst when we attended our friends' wedding a whole year before we even got engaged. He took such lovely photos of the whole event, including several posed and candid photos of us enjoying the festivities. We had Ernst's photos on our fridge before we'd even... Read More starting talking about getting married! He was professional, kind, and extremely organized. In preparation for the big day, he provided sample timelines and had us complete a questionnaire about what we did and did not want, which we really appreciated. The big day is always chaotic, but Ernst and his assistant were cool and collected and did a great job of getting beautiful photos while also keeping us on schedule. Photography was probably the category we experienced the most sticker shock in while planning our wedding, but I cannot express how thrilled we have been with our investment in Ernst. Our photos turned out just beautiful, and we were so excited to see the intimate, funny, and touching moments he captured (somehow without us even noticing him!). He had our 1,000+ photos edited and to us within 4 weeks of our big day. We sprung for a hard bound, color album as part of our package as well. Ernst chooses his favorite photos to tell the story of the day (and you get a chance to add or change things). Our friends have one, and it is gorgeous. Excited to see ours. Go check out his online galleries!

Reviewed on 10/25/2016 Ashley H

Ernst was absolutely wonderful to work with! Leading up to the wedding, he communicated regularly with us to make sure we were all on the same page in terms of what we wanted. He made suggestions in places that seemed complicated for us and provided great feedback and guidance... Read More to create the best timeline possible. The day of the wedding, he was incredibly easy going and kindly helped to guide us when we seemed off track. Ernst was friendly and warm to everyone involved and welcoming input from others on what pictures to take. He arrived earlier than we had asked and left later than we expected. He captured such beautiful moments throughout the entire day and checked in to make sure he was getting all of the shots we wanted. Upon getting our pictures, he was extremely generous in providing us with a USB and prints; packaged in a very unique photo box! All of the pictures turned out great and we were so happy to have him as a part of our big day! We definitely recommend Ernst!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Vanessa K

Ernst captured Dustin and I perfectly! We can't thank him enough for providing us with such quality photos that will bring us joy for the rest of our marriage and lives together.

Reviewed on 10/13/2016

Ernst went over and beyond our expectations. From our engagement photos to our wedding to the reception, the pictures and moments he caught were amazing. I have been in some of my friends weddings and the photographer was always there, always almost in your face. I honestly did... Read More not even realize Ernst was there half the time. He caught genuine moments that I will forever cherish. I highly recommend Ernst for your photographer, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Brittany M

Above and beyond. Those are the words that best describe Ernst. The small details and extra effort he puts into his work shows from start to finish. He sent me an email last week, months after our wedding, because he was trying out a new service. Not only that, but personalized... Read More USB, the multiple slideshows, family friendly gallery links, and even making us the cover photo for his website are all extra things Ernst did to make us feel special, not because he had to. Ernst has such an amazing talent for capturing ‘moments’ which is exactly what you want on your wedding day. It’s not the formal photos that remind you how great your day was – it’s the natural fun and excitement that is so important to be documented. Ernst’s ability not to miss a moment is incredible, and his energy and true passion comes across in the photos. He is able to blend in so well that your guests literally will not realize they’re being photographed. He also captures nature in such as amazing way in the photos. I have beautiful angles that I never dreamed possible. He was always willing to give as much advice as we needed, but was never pushy. I have already recommended my fiancé friends to look into hiring Ernst because of the over the top work he did for us. We hope we have the opportunity to work with him again in the future. We HIGHLY recommend Ernst.

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Kara N

Looking back, I cannot imagine our wedding day without Ernst being a part of it. He's so incredibly professional, all the while having a comforting calm about him. He's the type of person you'd want to have a cup of coffee with on a rainy Sunday morning to talk about life and... Read More photography. Ernst came to the club before our rehearsal to scope out the grounds, venue, and meet everyone (within 24 hours he knew all by their first name). He's a very quiet force, always hiding in nooks, bushes, trees, hallways, and corners... capturing the moments you didn't even know happened until you see them on film. He also has a really hearty laugh if you get him going on a good joke, which I loved. Words cannot describe all emotions felt when looking at the sneak peek blog post, the full gallery, and now receiving the USB drive - which, I may add, came in its own custom photo box keepsake. We laughed hysterically, cried, smiled, and reminisced from start to finish, thoroughly absorbing they day for what it was through his eyes and everyone around us. Every bride is different in what they chose to invest in on their wedding day. I am unbelievably grateful that we chose Ernst to tell our story. The man with the camera is pure magic.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Margaret Y

Ernst is, simply stated, the very best photographer you can hire. He goes above and beyond to give you amazing memories of your big day. We hired him first for engagement pictures, and knew immediately we had made the right choice. He is so friendly and comfortable to be... Read More around, but above all else he KNOWS how to capture a moment. He was all over the place, even climbed a tree, an the results were perfection. When it came time for the wedding, he blew us and our wedding party away. He came for the rehearsal to get a good feel for the venue and by the actual event, he knew the wedding party by name. He arrived per our request at the hotel to get the getting dressed pictures at Noon, and didn't leave the reception until around 10. (the reception ended at 10:30) He captures every moment, big or small. Our pictures aren't just your typical staged shots (which he also does REALLY well), but actual moments with joy and love, and not just of the bridal party, but of all the guests. Today we received our package with the drive with our pictures on them, and were again blown away. Ernst had a custom box made with our picture on it (that we are now using as a canvas on the wall) Inside was a custom flash drive with another of our pictures printed on it. He puts so much thought into every aspect of the process. As far as photo quality, I'm sure I'm biased, but ours are the most crystal clear I've seen. There are no showy filters or flashy effect editing to hide an overall lack of quality like I see so often anymore, just crystal clear perfectly lit and captured shots. Ernst is the absolute best choice for capturing your big day.

Awesome

Reviewed on 3/17/2014 Jena H

Ernst was amazing! He is super reasonably priced and does a really, really good job! I would absolutely use him again. He doesn't have time restraints and probably would have stayed all night if I wanted him to. He is really creative and was super organized for the wedding day.... Read More He came to the rehearsal to meet the family. I had given him a list of come random/creative pictures I wanted to try and he came prepared with printed examples to show people and made most of them work! I had a sneak peak of some of the pictures within days.

Great Reception Photos

Reviewed on 11/30/2013 Bridgit L

Ernst does a great job taking photos of people being themselves.

Fantastic photographer!

Reviewed on 11/25/2013 Mallory L

Ernst was great! He was so easy to work with. Very professional and easy to contact. He was with the wedding party the WHOLE day! Not only were the staged shots great, but the candid shots really captured the mood of the day. Without knowing much about all of our guests, his... Read More photography reflected their personalities and they are some of our favorite shots. Very talented, unique photography and highly recommend!

Use him

Reviewed on 11/16/2013

Ernst did a great job capturing our wedding. He was like a ninja continually moving around and getting good shots. He was also sensitive to what we wanted in our wedding pictures and worked hard to accommodate our desires. Furthermore, the pictures turned out great. We... Read More couldn't be happier. We firmly and happily recommend Ernst to you.

Ernst Jacobsen: One talented photographer!

Reviewed on 10/03/2013 Amanda S

Approximately one year before my wedding I started researching photographers. Cost was a big part of my decision so needless to say I was disheartened by all the photographers charging $2,800+ for limited hours and limited photo selection. I found Ernst's website one day... Read More while browsing vendors here on the Knot and was ecstatic with not only his asking price, but also the fact he spends your practically your ENTIRE wedding day with you in addition to mailing you a disc with all your photos! Approximately 4 months before my now husband and I met with Ernst. He is one of the kindest, most laid back people you could hope to meet. We discussed how our wedding day would go and made up a list of photos we wanted. I will admit I was a bit nervous because our list was not incredibly specific, but after our 'big day' came and went and we were able to preview our photos I could not have been happier! Every single photo is gorgeous and will be treasured for the rest of my life. Ernst's style is unique. He sees things from a different perspective and each one of his photos comes alive with pure joy. Unless you are looking for "traditional" wedding photos I promise you will not be disappointed with Ernst or his work!

The Best Choice as a Wedding Photographer

Reviewed on 10/01/2013

Awesome! The photographs taken by Ernst Jacobsen are beautiful and capture the special moments of our daughter and now son-in-law's wedding day. From his arrival at the rehearsal on Friday to the end of the reception on Saturday evening, Ernst used his professional skills and... Read More creativity to take fun behind-the-scene pictures, traditional, posed pictures and the "special moments" pictures that every bride (and her mother!) will treasure forever. There are many decisions that must be made when planning a wedding - choosing Ernst Jabosen Photography was the best and easiest choice! If you want truly stunning images of your special day, Ernst should be your wedding photographer!

Ernst was great!

Reviewed on 9/30/2013

We hired Ernst for our March 2013 wedding and we were very satisfied. Selecting a high quality photographer was very important to us and we could not have been happier with our choice. Ernst's style of photography was exactly what we wanted and he was so easy to work with.... Read More Both of our families loved him and were very impressed with him throughout our wedding day. Ernst was everywhere and got all of the shots that we wanted. He was very professional and had excellent communication and follow up skills during the time leading up to the wedding. The contract and pricing were also very reasonable. Wedding day went very smoothly and we received tons of compliments on our final prints which were sent to us faster than expected. Overall, it was a pleasure working with Ernst and we would definitely recommend him.

Great Photo's

Reviewed on 9/26/2013

Ernst was fantastic for our wedding! He took amazing and creative photos. He was easy going and made everyone feel comfortable, even our difficult family members! I would strongly recommend him to every one!