European Crystal Banquets & Conference Center

Arlington Heights, IL

Capacity: 300+ | WEBSITE | PHONE

Making memories that will last a lifetime!

Perfection is our middle name with beautiful ballrooms highly dedicated, experienced staff and exquisite cuisine we make every wedding a dream come true. Let us worry about all the details and you just enjoy. Are you ready for an unforgettable experience? We are.

Guest Capacity

Ballroom

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

519 W Algonquin Rd, Arlington Heights, IL

Reviewed on 6/20/2016

Our wedding at European Crystal Banquet & Conference Center was Friday, May 20, 2016. I absolutely LOVED our venue!!! I looked and researched many prior to committing to EC, but I am beyond thankful I chose them. The ballroom is absolutely stunning with the blue sky above. It... Read More really helped set the ambiance at our wedding We chose to have both our ceremony and reception there and we could not have been happier. Everyone we have spoken with since the wedding has done nothing but rave about how beautiful the venue was and how fantastic the food and cake were. EC has their own french pastry chef and they created the most beautiful lavender ombre cake I have ever seen and it tasted amazing! It melted in your mouth. The main course was truly excellent! EC has a tremendous amount of options to choose from for linens and decor and they honestly make any cake design you want. They are truly talented! Anna was our wedding coordinator and she went above and beyond to make me the happiest bride possible and since I was out of state planning our wedding, she worked wonders to accommodate us. There is not one thing I would change from our wedding as I am truly one lucky and blessed bride for choosing European Crystal Banquets. Our wedding literally went off without a hitch and I can thank Anna and her team at EC for making this happen. Thank you again for making our wedding day, the most cherished day of my life. Kelly H., Ohio

10-10-15 Wedding

Reviewed on 10/15/2015 m p

We had a great time working with Anna she was amazing!! From the first meeting to the conclusion of our wedding everything was absolutely perfect. The food was fantastic,portion sizes were large, the food was cooked perfectly (appetizers, soup, and salad,steak, chicken, Veggie... Read More pasta, wedding cake). Bar service went smoothly and the service was impeccable. Our guests raved about everything from food to the venue to the service. We also had our ceremony here and our reception and everything was set up on time and came out perfect. The venue in general is beautiful as is. There was easy parking and the venue is close to many hotels which made it convenient for the bridal party and out of town guests. Bathrooms and Bridal Room were very clean and nicely decorated. I would highly recommend European Crystal to any Bride & Groom!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Holly K

Best Wedding Venue Ever!!! I can only say great things about European Crystal (EC). My vision for my wedding was to create an event that no one will ever forget. And I am happy to say European Crystal helped me out tremendously in achieving my goal. The professionalism of all... Read More the staff, the willingness to help give me my fairy tale wedding, the delicious food created by an outstanding chef and a stunning venue is all any bride could ever ask for from a venue. From the minute you step inside European Crystal's doors, your breath gets taken away, by the beauty of this venue. Next you meet the staff, who are always happy, wonderful and willing to help you. This venue knows how to take care of their customers and guests and they appreciate your business. They're very accommodating and just wonderful people. I cannot thank them enough. It has now been a month since I got married and my guests still keep telling me I had the wedding of the century. They keep raving about the food and this wonderful venue. I'm very sad my day is over, because I'm really going to miss all of the staff at EC. A little bit about my wedding: I chose the main ballroom, because it has this breathtaking sky painted on the ceiling, along with the most beautiful chandeliers. I had 350 guests that fit very comfortable in this space, plus a 14 piece band and large dance floor. I had 2 bars with 2 bartenders at each. I wanted to have a signature drink to serve all the guests. The staff and bartenders where happy to do it for me. I made sure to make the drink recipe easy for them, since they were so accommodating. As for the food: It was delicious! I have a crazy loud Polish family and food is extremely important to them. If something is bad, they are not afraid to voice their opinion right there in front of everyone. However,I didn't have to worry, because everyone loved the food! My guests spoke very highly of their meal. We allowed our guests to chose what kind of dinner they wanted. Their choices were either Filet, Orange Roughy or Chicken Christopher. All were amazing. We chose the Au Gratin Potatoes and a Vegetable Melody to go along with what each guest chose as their main entree. Dinner came with a raspberry sorbet as a pallet cleanser, chicken soup and salad. For dessert each guest received an ice cream sundae (we wanted our wedding cake for the guests to take home). Everyone received a lot of food. But wait, we weren't done. We purchased, for a few extra dollars, per person, an enormous sweet table. Money well spent. The guests just flocked to the table after dinner. They couldn't get enough of the delicious treats. Chef gets an A+. As for the service, the wait staff were very attentive to each one of my guests as well as the head table. They catered to my ever need and made sure my drink and my husband's drink were always full throughout the night. Thank you for treating my guests right. All in all, my wedding was amazing. I will never forget it and I know my guests won't either. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, from the bottom of my heart European Crystal!

Reviewed on 6/29/2016 Meghan B

My husband and I can not say enough good things about this venue and the staff!! Our wedding was absolutely beautiful. The staff was so kind, very attentive and always on point. My venue coordinator, Karen, was truly the best!! We planned for this wedding for 2 years, made many... Read More different changes, even up to days before the wedding, and it wasn't a problem!! She was so helpful and dedicated to making our night perfect! Best night ever!!! 😊❤️ yThankmSOsmuchtthentire staff

Reviewed on 6/24/2016

We booked a wedding with this reception hall last year. At time of booking were told we could have room "A"; when our count dropped they moved us into room "B" without notice. (Read other reviews on Knot, Facebook or Google and you see that this has happened to brides/grooms... Read More before.) Very unprofessional...but at this point they have you though...you can argue with them...but for them it is all about who has more butts in seats versus honoring their commitment. I wish I had read all the reviews before we booked.

Reviewed on 6/23/2016 Gabriel N

After visiting SIXTEEN different venues we settled on European Crystal and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Karen was simply amazing to work with and really had a lot of incite on having a wedding and offered advice on things we never would have thought about. For what... Read More you get, the price is unbeatable! Karen helped us establish our menu, gave suggestions on pairings of sides with entrees (the roasted potatoes she suggested were definitely a hit with our guests!), and gave some great ideas on decor. European Crystal we very flexible with our one site wedding rehearsal and allowed us more than enough time during the week leading up to the event to get into the space and do a ton of set up. They even let us leave our flower arrangement in their cooler so that looked impeccable on the day of the event. Karen was also very flexible with allowing us to get a cake from an outside vendor and comping us for the uplights we wanted instead. The day of, the meal was excellent several of our guest raved about the food. The appetizers were also excellent. We received a lot of feedback from guests wanted the beef skewers as a meal! Our photographer couldn't believe the food was not catered which is impressive for someone who attends TONS of weddings. The dinner service went off without a hitch! During the reception was had some uninvited guests occasionally enter our space and Karen was quick to usher them out which was a really nice touch. She was also accessible throughout the night for any questions that we had. European Crystal definitely earned the gratuity we paid and then some! I would highly recommend Karen and European Crystal to anyone that is looking for an elegant venue with staff that really care about making your wedding day special.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

Very disappointing banquet center. The seats on all the "upgraded chairs" were dirty with spots from food being dropped on them...disgusting. Dance floor was put together badly with gaps everywhere so ladies high heels could slide into the gaps causing someone to trip or fall.... Read More Food was terrible...cold and tasteless. Not enough staff to guest ratio. Staff was rude. Also, if you do decide to book here...make 100% sure which room they book you in...they changed my sisters wedding into the small room without notice. Ultimately, it is your choice to book here, but as a professional meeting planner for years...I would not.

2016-06-20T11:18:33 Response from the vendor

We are sorry to hear that you as a guest at the wedding were not happy with our services, but some of the things you are referring to are not quite correct. We deeply apologize if any of the chairs had stains on them, but... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 4/05/2016

Good venue. Anna was an awesome planner. If you're planning an event I recommend you talk to her.

December Wedding

Reviewed on 1/08/2016 Alexis S

We had our wedding the first weekend in December 2015 at European Crystal Banquets. Everything turned out lovely. All the guests loved the food, most said we had too much food! We are both extremely happy we had our wedding here.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I recently had my wedding reception at European Crystal Banquets. We worked with Karen and she was on top of everything. The day was more than perfect. The room was beautiful and the food was outstanding. Thanks for the perfect day we will never forget. Karen!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 michelle r

Love this place!! We had our wedding here 3 years ago and I still remember every single part of it! European Crystal has the best team to work with. They do not let any small detail go. Michelle was my coordinator and she was such a doll to work with. Not one bad thing to say... Read More about this place! Beautiful venue, great food and great service!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Damian K

I recently attended A wedding reception at European Crystal. The food was Amazing and the staff very adequate.The bartender was very professional and fast.The entire night was a great memory for all.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I had my wedding here in August and we had such a great experience with this venue and staff. We felt like family at the end of the day. All the planning, time and money we spent was absolutely worth it. We had such a great time on our day and we received so many compliments... Read More from the food a décor. I highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking to have their special day here!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I had my wedding at European Crystal Banquets in September and it was absolutely amazing! My coordinator was with me from start to finish just as she promised. Everything down to the last detail was handled perfectly. The food was great and the staff very professional.

Reviewed on 10/29/2015

I had my wedding at European Crystal Banquets in August. I had such a great experience that I cannot speak more highly of this place. The coordintors there helped me from day 1 I signed to the day of my wedding. The room looked gorgeous and the food was impeccable. I received so... Read More many compliments from my guests it just reassured me that all the time I spent planning and all the money we spent was worth it! Love this place and I know you will too!

Amazing venue

Reviewed on 10/14/2015 Melissa

I would strongly recommend this place to any brides looking for a beautiful wedding venue.Our wedding was amazing, everyone at European Crystal was so nice and accommodating to us.Love everything about them.

Reviewed on 10/03/2015 Melissa

What a great place .Words can't express how happy we were with our wedding.The venue is beautiful, clean,very accommodating. Our coordinator Anna helped us with everything, picking the right decorations draping lights and much more,and she was very helpful the day off... Read More coordinating everything with our dj.Great place for a wedding couldn't be happier. Thank you for making our wedding a stress free & beautiful one.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Ashley

We had our wedding reception here and worked with Anna the whole entire time. Anna was beyond amazing and worked with us to make our dreams come true! The venue is absolutely beautiful and food is amazing. I can't say enough great things about the venue, staff, and Anna! Thank... Read More you European Crystal for a memory that will last a lifetime!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Lindsay

We had a great wedding reception at European Crystal Banquets! We worked with EC for quite a while before our actual wedding day. Anna, our coordinator, was hugely helpful and always responded to our emails and phone calls. The venue was also incredibly flexible, adhering to my... Read More seating chart accurately and taking care of all the day-of arrangements with materials that we dropped off. They also accommodated food restrictions beautifully for our guests. The venue itself is beautiful, and what we really liked is that there's technically only two ballrooms, which we thought was nice because we wouldn't have to contend with multiple other weddings. I checked with multiple guests and they all raved about their food and the service. The price was also very good, and the lowest of all the venues we looked at (and we looked at probably 30-40 venues in the western suburbs alone). Anna made our experience perfect!!

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 AnaMarie P

BEAUTIFUL PLACE TO GET MARRIED !!!!! I got wedding party there for around 100 people . It was one of my beautiful day in my life !! MY DREAMED WEDDING !!! Everything was organized PERFECT !!! I got half of the biggest banquet room and was enough space for siting and... Read More dancing . Very good service , delicious food and pretty good alcohol .

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Maria M

Where do I begin? Well first of all I live in CA but wanted my wedding in Chicago or near Chicago suburbs. I contacted several places in June for a September wedding so you can imagine how many venues told me they had no availability since it was a short notice and on a popular... Read More weekend. Well I'm glad this happened because after all the disappointments, I got an opportunity to book our wedding at ECB. Anna was extremely helpful in making my wedding beautiful in every aspect imaginable. I must admit I was a little nervous since I've never seen the venue first hand and all the planning was done via email and over the phone. But somehow Anna and her team were able to make all my requests and visualizations into a reality!!! My wedding was amazing and it could have not been more perfect. Our guests complimented how nice the ballroom looked. Also we had our ceremony there in a different room and it was absolutely beautiful as well. If you can think it Anna can make it happen. Thanks so much ECB.

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 Bride 4

Reviewed on 10/02/2015 KC L

Just had my wedding at European Crystal Banquets on 5/24/15. The only words to describe this place for my event is AMAZING! The staff was very accommodating and polite. The grand ballroom looked amazing with the up lighting, food was great, and open bar was well organized. Anna... Read More the consultant at the venue has helped me the whole way. She was very easy to contact and talk to. She always answered my questions in timely manner. I wish I could relive my wedding all over again because my husband and I are very pleased with how organized it turned out. Thank you Anna and European Crystal Banquets!

No regrets per se... overall satisfied

Reviewed on 8/21/2015 Nidhi S

We visited many venues in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. We instantly fell in love with the decor, prices and Anna (Venue Representative) when we went to the venue for the first time. We got married in May of 2015. We had about 250 guests. Overall, we have no regrets and... Read More are happy with our choice. Some tips for the future brides who are considering this venue- Decoration, Ambiance and Lighting 5/5 Location 5/5 Close to many hotels, airport and tourist spots for out of state guests Service 4/5 Anna was amazing to work with. She is very pleasant and helpful. Sometimes minor details are over looked by the venue. They may find it minor...some brides may not... like using wrong color chair. (Co-incidentally, I went to see the venue an evening before, saw the wrong color and notified them of the color issue. It was fixed) Prices 3.5/5 (Lots of hidden costs. Plus you may be required to rent certain thing from the venue. You can find linen and lightening cheaper outside. Basically, at the end of the day you are not getting special deal per se). Food- We catered from outside. Cake was delicious- however options for contemporary cake flavors are limited. Some hiccups- From day one we requested a type of Whiskey. We sent out a reminder too couple weeks before the wedding. Guest complained that drinks were watered down and the particular whiskey was not available. Plus, our cake decoration was not like we requested and expensive personalized cake topper was missing on the cake. They found it at the end of the event. Limited type of cake flavor are available and very few flavors included in the contract. Last Advice- get the whole package and "freebies" discussed during the meetings in writing in your contract. Would I recommend this place to my family and friends- Yes!

2015-08-21T17:41:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you for sharing your experience with us I am very happy that overall you were happy with our services as we try very hard to make every wedding a huge success and every couple happy. I am sorry to hear that there were few... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/17/2015 Heather S

ECB is a beautiful venue all on its own, but when you add decor that this venue can provide & flowers of your choice, you are bound to have a stunning event! My wedding ceremony & reception was held here on August, 14, 2015. I am still on cloud nine because of how everything... Read More turned out. The food, cake & drinks were phenomenal! I can not thank Anna enough, she was very patient & willing to help in every way possible! I highly recommend this venue for a wedding or any event!