Event Excellence Lighting & Sound

Wilmington, Raleigh, Eastern Carolinas

LIGHTS | AUDIO | DESIGN | POWER

Event Excellence is a young, talented group of seasoned professionals, offering live event production services including audio, lighting, and video systems, as well staging and draping, to customers who are producing events of any size. Our typical customer commissions us to work on a variety of projects from shows, such as corporate galas, creative experiential events, and weddings. We are obsessed with attention to detail. Making events look, sound, and feel awesome is our daily mission, and every single member of our team is crazy about this business! We love what we do, and it shows in the level of service you get from us. We thrive off creating different and unique designs which people love, but we also are very good at listening. We Can't wait to work with you!

Chandeliers, Lighting Design + Setup, String Lights, Lighting, Decorations + Accents, Audio/Visual Equipment, Equipment, Rentals + Equipment

wilmington, NC Wilmington, Raleigh, Eastern Carolinas (607) 425-2816
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 3/20/2017 Eric B

Michael is hands down the BEST professional that we have worked with in regard to lighting, audio, and overall hospitality. There was not a single detail left unattended. Michael was in contact 24/7 and made our wedding a memorable success!! Thank you!!!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Kate C

Michael was great to work with at our May wedding on Ocean Isle Beach! We contacted Michael the day before our wedding for his drapery services as there had been a change in the forecast calling for rain. He was so attentive to detail, very professional, and conscious of the... Read More fact that our plans had changed last minute and that were concerned about the change of our venue space. He was quickly able to help modify the space and with his creative use of the drapery, our reception venue was transformed. Our guests raved about our drapery backdrop and it made for beautiful pictures! If you want something beautiful, Michael can get it done! He was the perfect addition to our team of wedding vendors.

Reviewed on 6/30/2017 Jordan T

Michael is the BEST! When I booked my venue it was still being completed, and I found out after completion that the venue owner hung awful, velvet, red curtains and he was not willing to budge on taking them down for my wedding. Michael was able to use pipe and drape to create... Read More an elegant entrance for me and hide the curtains and there was no red to be seen anywhere!! It was absolutely perfect. He also did uplighting in the corners, a spotlight on my cake, and a backdrop behind the wedding party table and it was flawless. I very highly recommend him; he's super easy to work with and will make your wedding PERFECT!

Reviewed on 6/14/2017 Brynn T

Michael did my wedding on 5/26/17 at the River Room in downtown Wilmington and did a fantastic job. The uplighting and string lights with draping were perfect for our waterfront venue. The Edison lights were gorgeous also! I would recommend him in a heartbeat! It is so worth... Read More the extra detail :)

Reviewed on 5/23/2017 Kirsten C

So great to work with!! They used new white edison bulbs for my wedding and it pulled everything together perfectly! It was just the right touch. Not to mention Michael was a pleasure, I highly recommend using him for any special occasion!

Reviewed on 5/15/2017 Annie S

Michael was wonderful to work with, and completely transformed our venue! With last minute changes due to weather, he was quick to adjust the layout, and it turned out perfect!

Reviewed on 5/09/2017 Kimberly A

Michael was super sweet and very personable! He executed my vision perfectly and exceeded all my expectations for our wedding lighting at Brooklyn Arts Center! We received so many compliments on the lighting and how dreamy it made our ceremony and reception! And best of all,... Read More Event Excellence is SUPER AFFORDABLE! Their quote was much less than other competitors! Best value for the price by far!

Reviewed on 2/14/2017 Rebecca R

I can't say enough about how amazing this company is!! I won their giveaway contest and received free lighting at my wedding, I was going to use them anyhow before that as his reviews were great and the pricing for what I wanted was more affordable than other companies, but... Read More getting all of that in the contest helped me use the money elsewhere and make the day even more amazing! When I first met with Michael he was super easy going and had a lot of pictures of his other work which really helped me being that I was completely indecisive about what I wanted. I mentioned I had seen others put drapes up at our venue and had not found where to get them, he said not to worry he would handle that too! On the day of the wedding I got to the venue and all of the vendors were there, the caterer stopped me and asked a ton of questions, then the DJ interrupted that with even more questions and problems, Michael stood there patiently until they were done. He then came up to me, I was ready for another barrage of "where does this go/ who is in charge of this?" questions, but there was none of that! He asked how I was holding up, then said he was done and just wanted to show me everything he set up to make sure I liked it, and I did! Everything was absolutely gorgeous and more amazing than I had imagined it would be. The only snag was that the venue had an electrical issue down stairs but rather than bother me with that he improvised and used his wireless lighting and it looked breathtaking! I cannot say enough good things about this company, in addition to the amazing work they did I really appreciate that he made my wedding day go smoother by not stressing me out like most everyone else did that morning. He also showed up right after everything was over and quickly took everything down, which was also appreciated as our venue had pretty strict timelines to remove everything after the wedding. My husband and I have been telling everyone how amazing the lighting and Michael were since we got married last week, we really recommend them for any event and just cannot say enough good things!

Reviewed on 11/19/2016 Shannon F

Michael was an absolute joy to work with. He did the lighting to perfection!!! The venue looked amazing!! Nice guy, easy to work with and not too bad on cost!! I would highly recommend him for any celebration big or small!!! He will not disappoint!!!

Reviewed on 11/15/2016 Krystle M

Michael did an incredible job with the lighting and draping for my wedding. He truly turned an already beautiful venue into an absolute fairytale. The ambiance he created truly made the mood of the room. He is extremely outgoing and so pleasurable to work with, which is what is... Read More truly needed in this business. When I waked into the room for the first time on my wedding day I was moved to tears. His talent is beyond what anyone could imagine and I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is wanting to make their vision become a reality.

Reviewed on 10/16/2016 Kasie S

Michael did an amazing job with the lights for our wedding at Bakery 105! If you are looking for a unique, personal touch for your special day he's the guy to hire! he is very knowledgeable, easy to talk to, very personable and has very reasonable prices. We will definitely be... Read More recommending him to everyone! Thanks for everything Michael!

Michael Pirozzolo

Hello! I am the Owner/ Lead Lighting designer for Event Excellence. But let's go back! My start into the wedding industry was by being a wedding coordinator for 6 Years! I worked HUNDREDS of weddings and I saw how important lighting is to events. I work with clients from start to finish including design/setup/and take down to ensure everything is perfect. I honestly wouldn't leave a venue before a wedding if it wasn't exactly as it was supposed to be. I love being creative and doing new things. I always try to put a special touch on everything I do!