Events by Alex

Serving DFW Metroplex | Available for Travel

Destination Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Serving DFW Metroplex, TX Serving DFW Metroplex | Available for Travel (214) 240-4858

Perfect wedding!

Reviewed on 12/16/2015 Alyssa W

Let me start off by saying I'm a total control freak and a super planner and the anxiety of "what will go wrong on my wedding day" was not going to be fun for me or anyone else involved. So my fiance and I decided to hire a month of coordinator. We met with several planners, but... Read More we knew Alex was the one after meeting with her. I loved her style and personality and could tell she was going to be a perfect match for us. She completely took control of all vendor communications a little over a month out and executed a seamless weekend timeline. She was even helpful in making last minute decisions and providing us with recommendations for little details/decor etc. Her taste is fantastic. We literally had zero things go wrong on our wedding day, and I know Alex played a huge role in that. Our families, who were both able to watch Alex and her team do her thing the whole night while my fiance and I were busy, said she did a fantastic job and just made sure the night ran smoothly and perfectly. So many guests claimed our wedding was the best they've been to and I want to thank Alex for helping it be so wonderful. Most importantly, I was 100% able to completely relax and enjoy the absolute best day/night of my life and had no stress whatsoever (which is totally unlike me :)). If you're on the fence about using a month of coordinator, all I can say is use Events by Alex...you'll be so happy you did.

Wonderful Event Coordinator!

Reviewed on 7/13/2015 Katherine L

Alex is a fantastic event coordinator and I can't say enough great things about her! From start to end of planning, she was extremely helpful and easy to work with. She is in the loop with some of the most talented florists, photographers, and entertainers. I feel that she truly... Read More understood the vision that I had for my wedding day and I was able to completely trust her to make last minute decisions the day of. She was so well organized and the day went smoother than I could have imagined. I highly recommend her services to anyone in the Dallas area. Alex has a determined attitude and will do her best to ensure that everything is perfect for you!

Events by alex

Reviewed on 6/06/2015

Alex was so amazing to work with! Our wedding would not have gone so smoothly without her! She took care of everything! If I had a question or concern, she was on it!! She is great at what she does and it showed! She made sure everthing was perfect for our day! I know our... Read More wedding day wouldn't have been such a success without her!

In your corner

Reviewed on 6/04/2015

Alex and I worked via email as I do not live in Dallas. She was absolutely indispensable in finding the perfect venue for our out of town rehearsal dinner, keep costs within budget, and work with restaurant staff on our behalf. She has terrific energy and is the one you want... Read More in your corner to pull off a wonderful celebration. Our daughter in law also used her for the wedding and she was outstanding. Nothing could have been better about the whole weekend.

One of the Best in Dallas!

Reviewed on 2/16/2015 debbie p

Alex Stein is a true wedding planner – a real pro! One of the first things we discussed was the style for the wedding. We discussed many different styles…rustic, modern, urban chic or traditional. My daughter did not know her style, but Alex helped her to discover it - rustic... Read More elegance! Alex planned the wedding with what I would describe as “effortless style”. She has a passion for weddings and brides, and it shows! She took pride in every little detail. When we needed someone by our side, guiding us in decision making, Alex was our “go to” girl. Nothing ruffled her feathers, as she has years and years of experience under her belt. If there was any hiccup during the wedding, neither I nor my daughter knew about it. Her resources are abundant, and she paired us with the perfect vendors that fit our style and budget. One of the things my daughter was most impressed with, was how current Alex was on wedding trends, something that I, as the mother, never considered…Pantone’s Color of the Year, the current farm to table food trend, using local food producers (which my daughter is very passionate about), creative seating trends – she “wowed” us with her fresh and creative look. Any bride is a lucky girl, if Alex is planning the wedding, and we certainly felt this way!

Unprofessional, inexperienced and disrespectful

Reviewed on 2/08/2015 Kara K

I’ve been dreading writing this review for the past six weeks because I don’t enjoy being negative, but I really feel like I owe it to other people who rely on these reviews to select their wedding vendors, as I did. In a nutshell, working with her truly caused me so much undue... Read More stress and worry the night before and day of my wedding – instead of being able to relax knowing key details were being handled by a professional, I was doubly stressed out as my bridesmaids and wedding party scrambled to clean up after her countless errors, and knowing I had basically thrown $1,600 down the drain. For more details, read on. I hired Alex as a Month of Planner for my wedding this past December, and began seeing red flags about two months to three months out (when I had already paid in full). She wasn’t responding to questions via email, wasn’t remembering critical details we had already discussed and confirmed, was rude to staff and flighty during the venue walk-through. Still I was cautiously optimistic that she would pull it all together for the actual day. That hope, unfortunately, did not come to fruition. She was 25 minutes late to our rehearsal and then rushed, flustered and disorganized, telling our bridal party the wrong things and forgetting big pieces of our ceremony. After 30 minutes of chaos, she mistakenly tells me she’ll see me at 7:30 p.m., and I remind her for the tenth time the rehearsal dinner is at 7 p.m. She then still arrives to the rehearsal dinner 45 minutes late – and this time, doesn’t even acknowledge it; I had to call her myself, and she claimed she was “fixing a parking issue,” though no one at our wedding could find her anywhere in the parking lot. When she finally arrived, she took notes from my mom and sister on her hands and arms – no exaggeration – like a seventh grader. I spent the entire evening stressed and on edge realizing that I had left extremely important details for the next day in the hands of a grossly inadequate planner. The day of, she arrives about 90 minutes late to begin set up – after having asked for additional money for me the week before for that hour, specifically – and her assistants have no idea where anyone is supposed to be meeting for photographs and are handing my bridesmaids soaking wet bouquets for their photos. When we arrived at the venue two hours before the ceremony started for the rest of our photos, which keep in mind was the main reason we hired Alex, and she was frantically running around the room in sweats, did not acknowledge me once, and had placed all the décor in the wrong places. I can’t emphasize enough how clear and detailed all the directions I provided her were; a kindergartner could have executed these plans. The cherry on the pie was realizing that she had put random table numbers on each of the tables because she lost the layout I sent her, despite the fact we had assigned seating, special meals going to certain tables and different numbers of chairs at each. My bridesmaids spent the 30 minutes before my wedding frantically fixing all her errors and helping her look for her broken cellphone. Hiring her was the only negative memory I have of my wedding, one that caused me a lot of stress and embarrassment. I only hope others don't make the same mistake.

2015-02-24T13:09:43 Response from the vendor

Kara, Thank you for your feedback. I strive to meet all of my clients’ needs and expectations and do all that is necessary to make sure their wedding is as stress free as possible. I am sorry to hear that this was not the experience... Read Less Read More

So much love for Events by Alex!

Reviewed on 12/08/2014 Kayla H

I cannot say enough about Alex! We hired her to set up our brunch wedding on the day of. Leading up to the big day, we met several times (could have chatted and hung out with her for hours) to plan details. She is very detail oriented, full of ideas and overall loves what she... Read More gets to do! I highly recommend her and her team - she was a lifesaver and I felt so reassured having her set up our wedding props and tables. She even carried my dress for me just before we walked down the aisle. Thank you for everything, Alex! We may still have to meet up for a glass of wine even if we're not planning :)

Great Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 11/24/2014 Heather C

Alex and her team was so professional and a joy to work with! I used her services for month-of wedding planning, but she helped us way more than just month-of. Her services were very affordable and you absolutely get a great value by working with her! We were planning a... Read More wedding in Dallas from DC, and Alex met with us numerous times when we were in town to discuss logistics. She had great ideas (most of which we hadn't of thought of), and really came in handy when it came to seating arrangements and the venue floor plan. Her entire staff arrived on time, dressed nicely, acted appropriately, and was so great to work with! On the day-of I absolutely had nothing to handle - she did it all! Even the smallest details - like turning down the lights or turning up the air conditioning - was handled immediately. My bustle even broke mid-way through our reception and Alex was right there fixing it. I would have been lost without her!

May 2014 Wedding

Reviewed on 7/06/2014 Diane H

I hired Alex as a full-time wedding planner for my May 2014 wedding. She did a great job coordinating meetings with vendors. She also attended most vendor meeting with me and helped negotiate the price for a few. I have no idea what went on the week of the wedding (or the... Read More wedding day), which is what I wanted. She called all the vendors to confirm the delivery and pick-up times. I have no idea if anything went wrong the day of the wedding because she handled everything! It was wonderful to get to focus on my family and fiance instead of worrying about wedding details.

Wonderful

Reviewed on 5/27/2014 Maureen M

My mother and I planned most of the wedding and decided to look for someone to help us with the details on the big day knowing there was no way we could be in all places at once. We reached out to Alex and the first time I met with her I knew she would be a great match with my... Read More personality. She is extremely detailed and anticipates everything, including those small items you don't know about (and trust me, there are plenty of details you will overlook). As the week of the wedding came along, we were so extremely busy and Alex checked in on a daily basis to review any last minute details and relay them to the various vendors. I cannot stress how important this was for me. All of my family had traveled to be here and I was able to actually spend time with them instead of running around town trying to make sure everything was taken care of. Alex obviously assisted at the rehearsal as well as rehearsal dinner. She assisted with telling guests that there would be time coming up for them to say a few words, she helped the groom and I with etiquette questions. Yet, she was very much in the background. Same with the day of our wedding. she was very instrumental in making sure all of the events happened at the specific time making the evening flow beautifully with no stress. One thing I think truly shows her professionalism is that even after the event was over we were having a bit of trouble with one of our vendors. Instead of walking away and telling us we were on our own (after all she had already gone above and beyond for the service we paid her to do), she is still involved in making sure the issue is resolved. I would certainly recommend Events by Alex without hesitation!

Alex is fantastic- hire her!

Reviewed on 7/19/2013 Elizabeth B

Alex was absolutely wonderful! My husband and I had this crazy idea after we got engaged in NYC to plan a wedding in 6 months in Texas. Luckily for us, we found Events by Alex. She worked so hard for us and made us feel so comfortable throughout the process. She talked both me... Read More and David away from the edge of panic many times. All of our meetings with her were over the phone or skype and we never felt like were missing out on anything. She was always quick to answer our questions and emails and we had many long phone calls going over details. She was at many of the family events we had. She worked tirelessly on the day of putting together all the last minute details and setting up the venue. She was fantastic. We cannot thank her enough for putting together such a beautiful event and we cannot recommend her enough to anyone looking for a wedding (or event ) planner. Thank you, Alex