EventsTacoma ~ Curt Hoagland

Seattle Tacoma Olympia Bellevue Palm Springs

DJ/MC Curt Hoagland & EventsTacoma.com

We are dedicated to providing a professionally hosted entertainment experience. We have the experience when it comes to weddings, and the passion to make your special day a success. You can't find a better wedding company than Events Tacoma , but if you book elsewhere, you may pay a lot more. Call or text Curt with your questions anytime @ 253-213-8300 .

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, African, Arabic, Bollywood, Caribbean, Celtic, Flamenco, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Mariachi, Persian, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

A2f84579 05f6 4400 aa0c 4597c7a89d92~rs 100

12009 126th Street Ct E, Puyallup, WA Seattle Tacoma Olympia Bellevue Palm Springs (253) 213-8300

The best wedding DJ in the Northwest

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Curt was amazing. He was recommended to us by another couple, and they described him as an expert wedding DJ. He was all this and more. He was our MC and keep things moving throughout the night. He made subtle adjustments to our timeline to keep the party moving. The music... Read More mix was excellent and we never had a moment of silence. Curt is a decent sized guy, but he gets out on the floor, breaks it down and keeps the party moving. He even taught everyone the Cupid Shuffle including my Great Grandparents who are in their 70's. We also had a photo booth and it was a ton of fun. My dad and his friends even let their hair down and put on some crazy props. What an amazing night. You could pay twice what he charges and not get half of what he delivers. We highly recommend.

Reviewed on 1/17/2017 Emily N

So I did not plan on having a DJ! We made our own playlist. But come the day of my wedding and the audio in our venue was not working so DJ Curtis was available like an hour before the ceremony! He jumped in like a champ and worked it!! Be literally saved the day! He played the... Read More perfect playlist and had the party going! No complaints about the last min! He saved the day! I would recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Rob B

Just an awesome DJ in the Seattle area. Curt's ability to keep the party going is second to none. He always seemed to play the perfect song at the right time to push the dance party in the right direction! A must call for your next wedding and (or) event.

Reviewed on 12/01/2017 Tina B

So after my experience, I am honestly surprised by the great reviews. Maybe he was having an "off night" or something. All I know is that I have never met an event vendor that complains so much and comes across at times as if he is full of himself. He seemed to not know what... Read More order things were happening. Then, it was either the first dance or maybe the father/daughter dance....well, one of them he put on the wrong song so once someone ran over and corrected him, everyone just kind of awkwardly stood there until he figured it out. He also kept disappearing. When announcements needed to be made, he was just not where his set up was and it wasn't just once or twice. It was several times. Lastly, I know each crowd is different, but he wasn't very engaging at all and few people were actually dancing for a lot of the night. Again, maybe he was having an off night, but the complaining and disappearing was beyond frustrating. I will not be recommending him to any friends.

Reviewed on 11/02/2017 Michelle C

Very professional and got the job done. Would recommend!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Destiny B

Curt Was Amazing. We read an article he had written warning about DJs that offer a first dance on a cloud, but only use a cheap smoke machine. We had booked a DJ from Craigslist, and sure enough, he was going to use a cheap smoke machine Curt had warned about. We cancelled and... Read More was able to Curt. What an amazing night. Curt helped us organize the timeline and organize the night. He brought us all in with an amazing grand entrance. He hosted the entire evening from dinner, to the last song. We got the special effects package that included uplighting, monogram and first dance on a cloud. It was a bargain. our photographer had never shot a wedding before with this effect and he was so excited. It was so much fun. We also had the photo booth and Debbie was incredible. She really worked the crowd to get everyone in the booth.

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Tyler H

Curt went above and beyond for our wedding! He was very engaging and played something people of all ages would enjoy. I would recommend him to anybody and everybody!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 David C

our annual company party was a huge success thanks to Events tacoma bailing us out of a jam when our 'other' DJ flaked out on us. Thank you Curt! See you next year!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ana O

Our DJ Matt with EventsTacoma is awesome! The music was one of the most important elements to me when planning a wedding. (It sets the mood after all). Matt's experience as a producer really shined through from the early parts of planning through our entire wedding. He is... Read More organized, responsive, a phenomenal MC, had great suggestions on the schedule of the day, and everyone attending had a great time! Everyone complimented us on DJ MKP! He is professional, experienced, and really really nice! We were very lucky to have had him!

Reviewed on 9/27/2016 Kelley R

Curt was the DJ at our wedding this last weekend and we were very impressed with the job he did. He took care of everything we asked him to do and made the whole process super easy. I highly recommend him, especially because he offers a great service at a very reasonable price.

Reviewed on 9/09/2016 Breanna Y

Our DJ, Joe was awesome! Up beat and on point!

Reviewed on 8/14/2016 Tanasha S

Lots of things went wrong at our wedding. We had to wait 30 seconds after the ceremony was over for our walk out song to be played. So we were awkwardly standing at the alter just waiting in silence. We were introduced to our reception and my name, the bride, was pronounced... Read More incorrectly. That happened 2 more times before someone was able to run up and correct him numerous times. How embarrassing. The order of events was sent to him the Monday before the wedding on Saturday as well as the song list. We had a lot of songs that were not played, the order was messed up and kept asking me instead of our wedding coordinator what the plan was.

2016-08-14T19:47:18 Response from the vendor

I did mispronounce the brides name. She has a very unique name and I did mispronounce it. There was in fact a delay before the recessional. The officiant pronounced them husband and wife. and that was it. He did not present them. Not knowing he... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Katie T

Curt was fun and energetic. I just wish the microphone wouldn't have been so muffled. Great music selection! My only criticism is that I did not receive much communication from Curt during the 2 weeks prior to the wedding. This was a bit nerve racking as I had some special... Read More requests that I needed to confirm with him. I did not get some things figured out until the day of. Curt was gracious with the changes and made the requests run smoothly. I just wish I could have had it all done prior to the event. Also I did request a special light for the dance floor which was never mentioned before or on the wedding day so I am assuming that the light would not have worked...either way I wish that would have been communicated to me. I would still recommend working with Curt. He was friendly and entertaining and at the end of the day he made everything work out.

Reviewed on 4/17/2016

Curt is amazing! My husband is Irish/Germans and I am Hispanic. I was nervous that we would not be able to find a DJ who could cater to our needs. Curt came along and reassured me that he was the man for the job and boy was he right! He did a fantastic job and everyone loved... Read More him. We had Salsa, Merenge. ACDC, lots of today's hits and it was great! I highly recommend him for any multicultural party!

Reviewed on 1/28/2016 Lauren B

I was so happy to have Matt, one of the DJs with EventsTacoma, for my wedding! Matt met face-to-face with my husband and I to review our music playlist and specific moments during the wedding, such as when I walked down the aisle, the first dance as a married couple, the dance... Read More between my husband and his mother, and the father-daughter dance. Matt did a fantastic job in balancing the traditional Irish music that went with our theme, and the fun music to dance to for our reception. He also announced all of the events during our reception, which was SUPER helpful because it kept the reception timely and flowing smoothly. More importantly, he was super professional but also personable to our guests; he quickly adapted to unexpected interruptions and was both attentive and flexible to requests by our guests. To top it off, everyone was a big fan of the lighting he provided for the dance floor! Thank you so much to Matt at EventsTacoma for making our wedding a huge success, we could not have done it without you!

Curt can liven the wedding up!

Reviewed on 11/08/2014 Tianna F

I was so blessed to have Curt to DJ our wedding. He met with both of us before and really got to know us and what kind of music we liked. He was able to help run the schedule on the day of smoothly and worked "incognito" with my wedding planner to ensure that the day was running... Read More smoothly. He played the best music to get everyone out on the dance floor. He brought all his own equipment that is high tech and sounds great! The photo booth that he brought was such a fun experience for the guests, they loved it! He is very professional and the guest had nothing but great things to say! I have been to a lot of weddings with various DJs and I'm happy to say that Curt at EVents Tacoma is the very best!

Great Job! Great Value!

Reviewed on 11/06/2014 Karrah S

Curt was very professional and very responsive when I had questions or requests. During the wedding he played a great mix of music and played all my requests. Even my more unusual ones. He actually got out on the dance floor with us at one point. He was very personable and was a... Read More great MC. I would definitely recommend him to others. A nice cherry on top was that he doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

Curt was great

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

We knew very little about weddings. When we met with Curt, he not only convinced us we should hire him, he filled in the blanks on much of the wedding planning process. At the wedding, he was perfect. He knew exactly what to do and kept everything on point. When it came time... Read More to dance, he not only laid down the mixes, he would get in the middle of the crowd and keep everyone smiling. I highly recommend.

Booked at the last minute, and they saved the day.

Reviewed on 11/01/2014

The day before our wedding. We were calling vendors, and the DJ we hired off Craigslist had a disconnected number. I called Curt at EventsTacoma.com, and he was booked, so he lined up Larry, another one of his DJs to cover. Larry is not only a DJ, he is a seasoned Las Vegas... Read More entertainer and an amazing MC. We had a blast.

Great DJ

Reviewed on 10/31/2014

He really listened to what the bride and groom wanted. Did a great job as MC and getting the crowd out on the dance floor

Unforgettable

Reviewed on 10/30/2014 AJ J

We have so many great memories of the event because we got the photo booth package they offered. We've made a collage of the friends and family from their 'in costume' candid shots in the photo booth. - The DJ Kurt was awesome as an emcee and really helped keep everything... Read More moving so that all of the 'events' and special dances happened before some of the older crowd left early. He had everything on our extensive request list, great suggestions, and even had hits that just came out last week for the kids that were there. The last time we'll personally need a wedding DJ, but we recommend EventsTacoma.com for anyone having a wedding or just a party!

Amazing night thanks to our DJ

Reviewed on 10/25/2014

OMG, What a fun night. I did not even think many people would dance at our wedding. In our pre-planning meeting with Curt, he discounted the possibility. He said sometimes people only get to dance at weddings, you just have to find a way to ignite the party. We left the... Read More playlist pretty open, but Curt still kept the music theme around our requested artists. We originally planned on doing our first dance right after the grand entrance. Curt talked us out of this, saving it for when we do all of the dances. The venue had doors an each end of the dance floor, so he engineered a grand entrance that started with the bridesmaids and groomsmen in pairs, each entering to their own specific clip. This is all building up to our entrance. instead of going straight to our dance, he had us tour the room greeting every table. This was so much fun and brought energy to the room. He Emceed the cocktail and dinner hour and was a fun and professional host. when it was time for dancing, he switched to mixing mode. Did a great job and kept the party going. Exceeded our expectations in every way. Curt is fun, funny, entertaining, energetic and a must have for any party.

Great DJ really set the event off!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Had an absolutely wonderful DJ named Terry! Would definitely recommend him for any wedding/event. He was priced really well, brought all his own equipment, met way before the event to discuss everything and kept in contact the whole way through! Not to mention that he took... Read More requests at my wedding and was spot on! Thanks Terry for really helping make the entire wedding really something to remember.

DJ Terry was awesome!

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

He played a great variety of upbeat songs. Never skipped a beat, he was on top of what the bride and groom had asked for. He even thru in some suprise songs for the wedding party. I would say if I had to rate this DJ I would give him a 10! Next time we are in need of a DJ Terry... Read More will be the first we call.

Great

Reviewed on 10/23/2014

Terry was a great DJ to work with .. On time and prepared... Start to finish, very professional.. Had every song I wanted and all the open request..!!:)

Curt Hoagland

Curt Hoagland is truly a Northwest Wedding Expert. He is an award winning Event DJ and a true "Master of Ceremonies"! He has anchored the entertainment for over 1,000 weddings, and will always find a way to fill the dance floor. He is an expert host, that will keep your timeline on track, and he will interact and entertain your guests. Curt is also a professional musician, and has an amazing ability to select songs that match the crowd. Experience is priceless when it comes to weddings.