EVJ Wedding Co.

In the fall of 2012, after producing a handful of wonderful weddings, the word of mouth referrals catapulted the one-woman wedding planning show into a high-demand wedding planning business. The company now consists of Jacquelyn and five wedding planners Dana, Liz, Joy, Jeanna and Nicole. What sounds like an overstatement is truly possible with EVJ Wedding Co. wedding planning should be fun and stress should be out of the question. Their mantra is “There is no such thing as a problem, only opportunities to create solutions.” and it is one that is truly felt through their numerous positive online reviews from previous clients.

Getting Engaged, Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100

Reviewed on 3/02/2018 Kathryn K

We used EVJ for full planning for our wedding in November and it was, without a doubt, the best decision we made. We really didn’t know what we wanted when we started wedding planning. From day 1, EVJ helped us figure out what our dream wedding would look like, and guided us in... Read More selecting talented and reliable vendors. Our planner, Liz, was truly amazing. Not only did she meticulously help us with all the logistics, but she was incredibly responsive and helped us navigate through this whole process. She was extremely professional and also exuded the warmth of a friend when we needed it most. On our wedding day, Liz made sure everyone was where they needed to be and could tackle any problem that came our way including sewing a new bustle on my wedding dress. Our wedding would not have been as seamless without her, and I know that I wouldn’t have been as relaxed and at ease if I didn’t have her with me that day. EVJ makes you feel like more than just a client; they make you feel like family. I always knew that no matter how stressed out I became over wedding planning, they would be there for whatever my fiancé and I needed. I truly can’t recommend EVJ highly enough, and I have Liz, Olivia, and Jacquelyn to thank for the most flawless wedding day.

Reviewed on 1/16/2018 Samantha M

Joy was amazing! We had a really challenging wedding venue and she stepped in and really took the stress out of the whole final planning process! She was especially wonderful on the day of- had already considered AND taken care of so many of the little details I would have... Read More overlooked on my own! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Emily A

Hiring EVJ was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding. After booking most of our vendors, my husband and I quickly realized that we wouldn't be able to handle organizing everyone on the day of on our own. EVJ was recommended to us by our venue and they were a... Read More pleasure to work with from the very start. Jacquelyn was super helpful in tailoring their services to what we were looking for and made me feel so much more at ease during planning. Dana was our lead coordinator and was amazing to work with. She was incredibly proactive and professional, and did a great job of making sure that everything came together even better than we had expected. It's a testament to her and Nicole that my husband and I had no idea how much work was going on behind the scenes, although we know it was a ton given how seamlessly everything went. I highly recommend working with EVJ!

Reviewed on 3/09/2018 Rebecca H

My husband and I were fortunate enough to have Joy and Liz as our month-of planners. They were absolutely amazing!! From the moment we had our first consult with Joy, to the night of the wedding - she was incredibly attentive, helpful, (very!) friendly and sweet, and... Read More accommodating. Communication was nonstop, leading up to the wedding, and she was unfailingly prompt with her responses, and connected with all our vendors to essentially bring everything and everyone together. Joy and Liz arrived early at our hotel to review the schedule, constantly provide us with updates, and ensured what we needed to know and do ahead of time so we'd be prepared every step of the way. During pre-ceremony photos, Joy captured some great shots during the photo shoot while also making sure my dress was in place for the pictures; I must mention also how cold and windy it was the day of! But she and Liz stuck it out to make sure the photoshoot ran seamlessly. And then later on, their presence at the venue allowed us to be at ease and actually enjoy all the festivities without having to worry about a single thing. So if you want everything that we experienced throughout our planning and on the day of the wedding, then don't hesitate to work with EVJ. Book them, now!! Thank you, Joy and Liz, from the bottom of our hearts!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Maggie A

I am so grateful to have hired Jacquelyn to be my 30-day out and day-of coordinator! It was a pleasure to work with her and felt as if she was one of my bridesmaids! Her poise, skill, and smile were major highlights to my seamless day! She allowed it all to go off without a... Read More hitch!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Heidi H

Jacquelyn was such an important part of not only our wedding planning, but also a huge part of our day, and I don't think we could have done it without her. She is professional, confident and extremely caring, and she was there for us every step of the way. Jacquelyn handled... Read More everything from vendor concerns/ questions we had, to our families and their dynamics. She wanted us to know, that on our wedding day, everything would be taken care of so that we could thouroughly the whole day. My wife, son and I can not thank her enough for everything she did for us! You know the wedding was a hit when we all cried (even Jacquelyn) when it was all over. We are so lucky to have found her and we now consider her part of the family!

Reviewed on 10/28/2017 Theresa V

Jacquelyn/EVJ Wedding Co. is not just our wedding coordinator....she is FAMILY!! We met Jacquelyn back in 2015 when I decided to hire her for my sister's wedding. We got along right out of the gate. She did such an exceptional job with my sister's wedding that after my fiancé... Read More and I got engaged earlier this year the first thing I said to her during our wedding planning was "WE ARE HIRING JACQUELYN or I'm not having a wedding!" And I'm not kidding. I knew in order to pull off any wedding, let alone a destination wedding, we NEEDED Jacquelyn. She is organized, prompt, quick witted, warm and to the point. She is above and beyond the job. Jacquelyn is one of those people who cares, loves and breathes what she does so well that it is contagious. I cannot say enough about this woman. She even comes to our house for barbecues and wedding planning. Jacquelyn is part of our family now and she is a MUST hire if you ask me. Thank you for everything, We love you Jacquelyn!!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Lindsey M

We used Jacquelyn as our month of planner for our wedding in June. She went above and beyond my expectations! She made the month of our wedding so stress free and easy by coordinating all of our vendors and making sure everyone was going to be where they were supposed to and... Read More when. On the day of the wedding she was SO calm, and knew exactly what to do, which was great because I had no clue what I was doing :) All of my bridesmaids could not stop talking about how amazing she was! She helped my bridesmaids steam/tie/pin their dresses, set up our ENTIRE venue, cleaned everything up at the end of the night and brought it all back to the hotel for us so we had nothing to worry about. We had one small hiccup with a vendor not showing up at the right time and she handled it so well and let us know right away and was very calm about it making sure I didn't have a bridezilla moment :) Hiring Jacquelyn was the best decision I made during my wedding planning and worth every penny! My fiancé kept telling me we didn't need a planner, and after the wedding he was saying thank god for Jacquelyn :)

Reviewed on 10/08/2017 Joanna C

EVJ was amazing from getting started at the very beginning to my actual wedding day. My husband and I are extremely busy and dreamed of a non-traditional wedding that would require a lot of coordination to build what we truly wanted. We struggled with the idea of getting a... Read More wedding planner due to price and the fact that I am Type A/OCD personality. However, we did not want to hate this process or create too much tension between the two of us if we did it on our own. In stepped EVJ planner Jacquelyn + Dana. Between coordinating the venue, caterer, rentals, band, photographer, and flowers it was great piece of mind knowing that we did not have to set up meetings or worry about the arduous process of finding the best price on our vendors. An already stressful process was much less worrisome having EVJ helping us. Dana allowed us to be as involved as we wanted to with the process which was greatly appreciated. In the end, our wedding day was a true representation of our personalities. We were really able the relax the day off and we were not worried about any of the vendors not showing up or things not going how we had planned. If I could do the process over again I would definitely NOT change the fact that we hired EVJ as full wedding planners. Do yourself a favor and hire EVJ for your wedding!!!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Gabriella C

** Writing as Gabby C. ** My fiance and I hired EVJ for month-of wedding coordination and it was a fantastic decision. Dana was our coordinator and she was with us every step of the way, allowing me to bounce ideas off of her and giving me advice while planning. She was so much... Read More fun to be around and went out of her way to make sure we were comfortable. She took lots of notes and executed our wedding perfectly. She was professional and genuinely excited for us at the same time. We loved working with her and look forward to staying friends! We also loved Kristen, who came as Dana's assistant for our wedding weekend. Both Dana and Kristen fit right in with our family and friends. Thank you both for everything!!!!

Reviewed on 5/14/2017 Jenna D

We utilized Jacquelyn, the owner of EVJ Wedding Co, for full planning services. I wasn’t convinced at first we needed full planning, but I am so happy we went for it! My husband and I ended up being crazy busy at work for the months leading up to the wedding and Jacquelyn made... Read More everything easy for us. She sourced amazing and trusted vendors, who she worked with seamlessly to make sure our day was perfect. She helped us bring our vision to life, was honest about to spend our budget on, and what to skip. All my bridesmaids kept asking how they could help, but my answer always was, Jacquelyn’s got it covered! I’m a Type A person but Jacquelyn was organized and could quickly answer my questions/concerns and made sure we were 100% happy with everything, even if it meant multiple edits or changing a font a million times because the bride hates most script options :) The wedding weekend went so smoothly, Jacquelyn kept us to our timeline perfectly, and most importantly, I was incredibly relaxed. It was amazing just to be in the moment, knowing someone else was paying attention to all the details. There was a lot going on, with a welcome party, after party and morning after brunch, but Jacquelyn and her team hit it out of the park for every event. The weekend was magical and we couldn’t have asked for a better team to help bring it all together. Thank you EVJ!!!

Reviewed on 12/02/2016 Calla S

Jacquelyn and the whole EVJ team were a wedding dream come true. From our very first meeting, I could tell Jacquelyn was super organized and would make sure our big day went smoothly. And I was so right. She and her team planned everything down to the minute, made sure my... Read More vendors were on time and prepared, and brought a fun and relaxed energy to the whole day. When there was an unexpected downpour right before we left the hotel for photos, she remained calm and reassured me we would stay on schedule (and we did). And when there was an unplanned fireworks show outside our venue during cocktail hour, she seized the opportunity, grabbing the photographer and me and my husband to capture the special moment. Our wedding would not have been what it was without Jacqulyn and EVJ. Thank you again so much!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Richard M

Jacquelyn is the bestest. Not only did she make our wedding the easiest, stress free experience we could have imagined, I want her to move next door and be our best friend now.

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Alison K

Hiring Jacquelyn as our day of coordinator was the best decision we made in our planning process. Because of the time, energy, and money you put into your wedding you, your partner, and your parents deserve to enjoy every single minute and not think or worry about anything. I'm... Read More so glad I trusted the reviews I read about Jacquelyn and EVJ Wedding Co. Because of Jacquelyn and Dana, we were truly able to enjoy every minute of our wedding day. When I first met Jacquelyn she immediately made me feel comfortable and at ease - she is warm, professional, funny, knowledgeable, genuinely excited for your and your upcoming wedding, (I can go on forever...) Communicating with Jacquelyn throughout our engagement could not have been easier. She is responsive and organized, and like I said before her enthusiasm for your wedding comes across in every interaction you have with her. Jacquelyn contacted me about a month or so before our wedding to go over the details of the day (wedding party, time of ceremony/reception, hair and makeup, toasts, the first dance, etc.) She and her team then contacted each of our vendors to confirm the details of the contract as well as timing for the wedding day - a huge weight lifted off of our shoulders given how much else we had going on the weeks leading up to the wedding. Jacquelyn was with us for our rehearsal. She worked extremely well with our priest (following his lead, taking notes, etc). The next morning Jacquelyn met my girls and I bright and early at the salon where we were having hair and makeup done. She introduced herself to the photographer and told him to let her know if he needed anything or if she was ever in his way - again, she could not be more professional or gracious! From there, she went to my parents' house to make sure everything was going smoothly there. At the time of our wedding my dad was recovering from a recent spinal surgery. While he was excited for the wedding he was definitely still in pain and his stamina wasn't where he would have liked. Jacquelyn was comforting, friendly, and patient. She helped my mom and dad with absolutely whatever they needed -my dad talks about his new friend "Jackie" all the time now! After the ceremony, she got on her hands and knees to bustle my dress and joined the entire bridal party in the pouring rain and gusty winds as we took pictures by the water front in Jersey City. When our photographer had us throw our umbrellas in the air she gave me her umbrella and walked to the party bus in the rain! Back in the bridal sweet she touched up my makeup and hair and helped Justin redo his bow tie after he changed his tux shirt (her idea that he bring an extra!) Later in the evening Dana joined us and didn't miss a beat! She was there at every turn, reapplying my lip gloss and making sure we were all set. At the end of the evening she brought every single one of our belongings (table numbers, cards and card box, cake cutter, family picture frames, etc. to our hotel room) This was a HUGE help. The entire day Jacquelyn and Dana's smiles did not leave their faces. Jacquelyn and her team have perfected the balance of personable and professional. I can honestly say I do not think our wedding would have felt as wonderful as it did without them. Justin and my parents still talk about how wonderful they were. I cannot recommend EVJ Wedding Co. highly enough! Hiring EVJ for your wedding will be the best decision you make after saying "YES!"

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Nicole D

These ladies ROCK! My husband and I were SO lucky to have them at our wedding. Our venue was a huge barn with multiple outside vendors. The day of the wedding, we didn't have to worry about coordinating them AT ALL. Everything flowed flawlessly (as far as we know!). From our... Read More very first meeting with Jacquelyn, we knew she would be able to keep us relaxed and laughing -- all while running a tight ship. She even had people running errands for us the night before the wedding! We were lucky enough to have both Liz AND Nicole assisting that day, so we only had to worry about having fun! If you want to truly enjoy your wedding, hire these ladies - you won't regret it!

Reviewed on 9/01/2016 Kasey K

About 6 months before we decided we needed a Day of Coordinator for our 6.04.16 wedding, we met Jacquelyn while she was working at a venue we were visiting in Brooklyn, NY. Not only was she flawlessly putting together an amazing event (no doubt!), she was able to talk to us in... Read More length and detail at the same time with no stress whatsoever. She has a completely effervescent personality and a can-do attitude that put us immediately at ease and made us feel like we had known her forever. When the light bulb finally came on, we knew we had to turn to EVJ Wedding Co. immediately! My husband and I planned every detail about our wedding and we were total control freaks leading up to the big day. During our 30 Day Out meeting with Jacquelyn, she was able to completely disarm us (a huge feat!) and it felt like a giant weight was lifted off of our shoulders. From then on, any questions our vendors had - Jacquelyn, Joy, and Dana had it covered! As the bride, I can’t tell you how thankful I was to have Joy and Dana in my corner on my wedding day. They kept me calm and stress-free, took care of our large group, and even had double stick tape which I didn’t know I needed! Our hotel suite had a broken mini fridge...it was taken care of in minutes. One of our buses arrived late... it was covered and they managed to get us an extra hour at the venue with the band and catering on board. I needed my dress bustled…it was done effortlessly and they brought me food to eat while I waited. The flowers needed to be driven from our reception site in Queens to the ceremony in Hoboken....not a problem for Dana! Best thing of all, it felt like I had two girlfriends there to just talk to about whatever, whenever I needed them while my girls were getting ready; I never knew how necessary that was until I was living in the moment. My husband and I highly recommend EVJ Wedding Co. - they are affordable, thorough, knowledgeable, and just all around wonderful! Thank you for everything Jacquelyn, Joy, and Dana - you ladies were amazing.

Reviewed on 8/30/2016 Lauren B

I can't say enough wonderful things about EVJ!!! We signed up for their wedding weekend coordination offering where you can use them starting the month before your wedding and then 2 people will be on site for your wedding weekend. We had Jacqueline and Dana...or as we liked... Read More to call them, the DREAM TEAM!!! Not only did they do an amazing job, they were both so sweet and fun. You immediately felt like you could be friends with them! Jacqueline spent most of the day at our venue making sure everything was set up as we had planned and Dana was with the bridal party. They planned out our wedding day timeline to the minute and it went seamlessly. It was no nice to feel at ease all day knowing they had everything under control. They went above and beyond and were willing to do anything we needed! We can't thank them enough for helping make our wedding day the best day of our lives. They are seriously worth every penny! For those brides out there who are trying to convince their fiance that wedding planners are worth it...they 100% are!!! My now husband can't believe all of the little details that needed to be managed that they handled. Thanks again EVJ!!!

Reviewed on 8/26/2016 Kierstin N

Jacquelyn was an absolute joy to work with throughout my wedding planning process. She was the best resource in the year leading up to the big day and THE reason why my wedding night ran so smoothly. My family, husband and I were actually able to relax and enjoy the night.... Read More Not only is she a great coordinator, Jacquelyn also has fabulous taste and was able to bring my vision to life. I am eternally grateful!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Lani L

EVJ was our wedding coordinator and I couldn't imagine the day without their team! I didn't have to worry about a THING. EVJ kept us on schedule and made sure everything went smoothly, and that everything was decorated to perfection. Jacquelyn brought such great energy and vibes... Read More to the day as well. Would highly recommend!

Reviewed on 8/18/2016 Lindsey M

Hiring Jacquelyn as a day of coordinator for our wedding in June was one of the BEST wedding planning decisions we made. If you are even entertaining the idea of hiring a day of coordinator - do yourself a favor and reach out to EVJ. They are amazing!!! From the moment we... Read More arrived at the Church for the rehearsal, Jacquelyn was assertive, organized, and kept us on track. On the day of the wedding, Jacquelyn was with us bright and early for hair and makeup, providing us with tips, and calming our nerves. She took care of the small details so my mom and sister (who was my MOH) could enjoy all the special moments of the day with me. Having my mom and sister worry free allowed them both to enjoy every minute - and those memories I have with them are worth every penny! It's also a day that only happens once, so why worry about checking in with your vendors at the reception, when you could have a professional do it, and instead be able to mingle with your guests and enjoy your cocktail hour? Jacquelyn even bustled my dress and fixed my hair before our big entrance. She's full of knowledge, a true professional, and someone that you wouldn't feel too embarrassed to ask a question. Take some of the stress out of your big day, not only for yourself, but for your family, and hire EVJ!! You won't regret it!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016

Jacquelyn of EVJ is truly one of the most talented women in business. She is smarty, savvy, organized and incredibly good at what she does. From the moment we signed on to work with her, we immediately had a sigh of relief and she made us feel so calm and confident. She goes... Read More above and beyond and I would (and have) recommended her to anyone who is planning a wedding. Trust me, this is the BEST decision you will make. The passion and enthusiasm she has for her work and her 'can do' attitude make her a joy to work with. Her day of coordination services are worth EVERY single penny as you will enjoy the peace of mind knowing that everything is going to be just as you envisioned. I had no anxiety on my wedding day and EVJ was with me every step of the way. I can honestly say I don't know why any bride would plan a wedding without the services EVJ offers. Jacquelyn took care of everything from timing, crisis aversion, ensuring every contract is honored and will even get hands on and adjust your spanks just before you head down the aisle! Thanks to her and her team, we truly enjoyed our wedding with no stress. Thank you Jacquelyn!! You are one of a kind!

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Timothy C

I worked with Liz and Jacquelyn and they could not have been more amazing. I live in Hoboken and had a wedding in New York- so I was a little nervous about not hiring a New York planner. It should not have been a concern at all. Liz was in constant communication with me since I... Read More hired them on day one. She was my savior with every question and freak out I had along the way. They worked with the vendors I had already hired, and recommended only the best. The wedding was stunning and went off without a hitch. If anything went wrong, neither I nor any of my guests knew about it. I plan on recommending EVJ to everyone I know. The prices are super reasonable for all the work they put in! They also definitely save you money in the long run because of their relationships with vendors, including a fantastic hand-made invitation specialist, hair and makeup artists, and florists. I could not imagine planning a wedding without EVJ. I do not have enough good things to say about them. Just hire them; you will not be disappointed! I continue to get so many compliments about how it was the most beautiful and perfect wedding anyone had ever attended. This would not have happened without the help of Liz, Jacquelyn, and the entire EVJ team.

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Liz S

Jacquelyn and Joy were amazing! I hired EVJ for the month of/wedding weekend coordination. It was so worth it! That weekend, I did not have to worry about a thing. There were a few hiccups that were handled and I didn't even know about. They made sure everything ran smoothly and... Read More they are prepared to handle everything and anything, even taping me into my dress...a few times! Knowing that they were there really put me at ease and I can't stress enough how great it was. I hired them about 8 months before the wedding, and even though it was only for month of, Jacquelyn was always available for questions & advice. Thanks EVJ!

Reviewed on 2/24/2016 Lauren P

I am actually in the midst of wedding planning with Jacquelyn (wedding is in three months) but I felt I wanted to write a review now to express my gratitude for Jacquelyn and her team. I can be controlling at times and a little difficult to work with (first step is admitting the... Read More problem, right?) but Jacquelyn has been AMAZING, patient and hardworking. Every time I am in panic mode and have a conversation with her I walk away feeling completely calm and that everything is under control. She has a wonderful team of resources around her and impeccable taste. I feel completely confident in putting everything in her hands and trusting that it will all turn out incredible. I also had the privilege of attending a birthday party planned by Jac (with over 200 guests) and watching Jacquelyn in her element as she ran around and ensured everything happened on time, the way it should and that everyone was happy. Not only does she plan the entire event but she spends every second of the day ensuring that everything is exactly in place. I could not possible say enough great things and highly, highly recommend Jacquelyn and her team!!

Reviewed on 11/04/2015 Amy C

If you're reading this, you should've called EVJ yesterday. Jacquelyn is heaven sent. As luck would have it, I stumbled upon EVJ at just the right moment of planning as my venue had dropped the ball a few times; I was nervous and at my wits end. Although my wedding was pretty... Read More much planned, I decided a planner would be helpful and a stress reliever and to say Jacquelyn was just those two things wouldn't be doing her justice. She is a planner, a stress reliever, bustle'r, makeup toucher upper, crafter, dog walker, vendor organizer, family put in place'r- I could go on and on. She was truly my best friend the day of and it makes me emotional to think how my wedding wouldn't have been my wedding without her. I love her (and thank you one million times over).

Jacquelyn Aleece

When someone lives to be “the go-to girl” the one who always has the answers, the one who not only helps, but usually saves the day; that girl better find a way to turn that unique skill set into a business and that’s exactly what Jacquelyn, Founder of EVJ Wedding Co. has done. Within the first few months of opening EVJ Wedding Co. in the fall of 2012, after producing a handful of weddings, the word of mouth referrals catapulted the one-woman wedding planning show into a high-demand planning business. The company now consists of Jacquelyn, 5 wedding planners Dana, Liz, Joy, Nicole and Jeanna!