Making your Planning Simple, Easy & Stress-Free

Exceptional Events is here to make your life easier! We are here to help you every step of the way with anything you need. Have a fun and stress-free planning experience, we'll take care of the details and you have all the fun! Melanie Hill, owner and founder, has over 25 years of experience planning exceptional events. She says; "Creating memories that last a lifetime is our passion. Seeing clients and guests enjoy the event ...that is an Exceptional Event!"

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Jessica F

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Melanie in planning my wedding. She was an absolute godsend, *especially* since I was planning a Dallas wedding all the way from Virginia. She worked so gracefully and professionally with both my mom (my Dallas... Read More representative - also hugely responsible for the success of the day) and me. I really can't imagine having done this without Melanie! My favorite things about working with Melanie: 1. Our first conversation was all about my vision for the wedding. To be honest, I didn't have much - just a vision for what I wanted the day to feel like. Melanie was hugely instrumental in both helping us stay true to that vision and fleshing it out into a real, wonderful event! 2. Vendor selection. Working from afar, I didn't have time to meet with a ton of vendors in person, fully vet them, etc. Working with Melanie meant that she'd give us 2-3 vendor options (I'm sure she would've given us more if we wanted - we didn't). I knew from her standards that they would all be excellent at their jobs, and it allowed me to streamline the process. She also was great at working with the couple of vendors that we had already chosen on our own! 3. There are a MILLION (I don't think I'm exaggerating) tiny details that someone planning their first wedding would have never known to think of. Melanie flagged those for us, or was always ready with a quick and helpful answer when we brought those types of questions to her. I can't imagine how many hours of google research she saved us!! 4. She's just so nice and fun to work with. Every appointment (via phone or in person) was insanely productive but also truly enjoyable. It was like hanging out with a (crazy smart and experienced) friend! 5. The day before the wedding started to get a little stressful (my husband's family's flight was cancelled, his dad didn't have a cell phone and was out wandering the streets of Dallas...somewhere, etc.) it was SO NICE to be able to say "tomorrow, Melanie's in charge." It calmed both me and my husband immensely, and it really was true. Wedding day was absolutely stress-free - I didn't even know that was possible. Almost everything went exactly according to Melanie's thorough and foolproof plan - and when it didn't, due to factors outside our control, Melanie was right there to swiftly solve the problem. It's been almost a year since our wedding, and I wish *all the time* that we could relive that perfect day. I say with absolute certainty that Melanie is to thank for that!!

2017-06-05T17:58:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! I had such a great time planning with you all. I really do feel like I now have new friends! Wishing you all a very Happy 1st Anniversary!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Carol K

Natasha and Melanie were absolutely incredible! We would not have had such a great wedding without them. They are incredible detailed and sat with us for hours while we nailed down every detail to the minute. At the wedding, they took everything off our plate so we could enjoy... Read More the big day. Having them manage communication with our vendors was very valuable. They made sure every dollar we were charged was correct - they even saved us $400 with one of our vendors. I work in events so was hesitant to hire a planner but it was by far the best investment of our wedding!

2017-10-19T15:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Carol! You two were such a joy to work with and we enjoyed every minute. Your wedding was amazing and so beautiful and fun. We wish you both all the love in the world and many years of happy memories together.

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Melanie Hill is the perfect wedding planner. We had the opportunity to work with her for our daughter's recent wedding in Dallas. She is friendly, outgoing and fun to work with. Our daughter and we were impressed with Melanie's organizational skills, as well as with the... Read More planning sheets, calendars, and timelines that brought us to the wedding day. Every vendor, every family member, every member of the wedding party knew the plan for the day well in advance; and they knew exactly where they fit in. The result was a perfect day. We relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it knowing that Melanie was in the background making sure everything ran smoothly. We can't imagine how we could have achieved this result without her. We are so grateful to have found Melanie and recommend her without reservation.

2016-07-01T00:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you all so much for allowing us to be a part of this amazing day with wonderful people! And thanks for your very kind words!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nicolle T

Melanie at Exceptional Events was such an amazing planner to work with. She and her staff, Lynelle and Maddy, were very professional and personable and made the entire process so easy. I contacted Melanie about 6 months before our wedding and decided on the month-of planning and... Read More coordination silver package. We had already booked certain vendors, but after our general consulting meeting with Melanie, we got recommendations for the ones we were missing and they were perfect. She helped organize my crazy ramblings and half-baked thoughts and had a huge hand in shaping our ideal wedding. She definitely has a knack for turning poorly-described wishes into an amazing reality; our wedding was exactly what we hoped it would be. During our comprehensive timeline planning meeting, Melanie went through the day, minute by minute, and made sure we didn’t leave out anything. She sent the timeline to all of our vendors and was the point person the day-of so my family and friends could all enjoy and relax. The rehearsal the day before went smoothly, and she and her staff made the wedding day run so flawlessly, I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. Melanie and her team kept us on schedule but were flexible when things came up on the fly. Working with Melanie was such a blast. She really cares about her clients and made our one we’ll never forget. She made everything so easy and I couldn’t imagine planning our wedding without her!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kayla R

Melanie from Exceptional Events is INCREDIBLE! I could not have survived the last month or the day of my wedding without her and her employees' help! They did a fantastic job. She went out of her way to make sure everything is done exactly the way you want it. She makes sure... Read More every last detail is taken care of and gives wonderful advice and suggestions. Any potential stress or "problem" that arose on the wedding day was taken care of without me knowing to keep me from being stressed out or worried. That was exactly what I wanted. I was completely calm my entire wedding day. It was the most fun day of my life and Melanie is to thank for that. I 1000% recommend her and Exceptional Events!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Cathey G

Melanie was essential to the wonderful experience we had. She had great insights and helped us avoid mistakes I'm sure we would have made. She handled the unexpected flawlessly and we were able to enjoy the experience and not have to worry about the details. Her flexible... Read More packages gave us the ability to tailor the services we needed, but if I had it to do over again I would have her do everything.

2017-06-14T19:40:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We are so happy we were able to make wedding planning a wonderful experience. We loved working with you all!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Bonnie K

Natasha and her team were a huge help on my wedding day. Their initial meeting with me was informative and beyond helpful. They truly made my vision come to life. All of my vendors made it a point to let me know how much they appreciated all of their efforts aligning timelines... Read More and keeping everyone in the loop. It was worth every penny to have someone there to keep the wedding party, family, vendors, and guests in the perfect flow. Highly recommend!!!

2017-06-14T19:41:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! We had a great time working with you and are so happy we played a part in making your wedding day exceptional.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Tamara M

Melanie from Exceptional Events recently coordinated our daughter's wedding. She met with us (bride, groom, and bride's parents) approximately three months in advance for several hours. She helped us create a timeline that included all the special moments we wanted, using her... Read More experience to guide us in making choices appropriate for our venue and offering a variety of suggestions for those elements of the ceremony the bride and groom were undecided about. No detail was too small... we came away completely satisfied that the wedding day would come together and be the dream-come-true/best day ever the bride and groom hoped for. As the mother, I felt a tremendous load of stress fall away. Once we got within a month of the wedding, Melanie contacted each vendor and provided them with their timelines and followed up with them, so that my daughter and I could enjoy the showers, brunches, the bachelorette trip, and other special events. When we got to the week of the wedding and the weather forecasts predicted thunderstorms for our outdoor ceremony, Melanie worked with the venue to re-address "Plan B" and make sure we were covered just in case (I'm happy to report the rains held off until after midnight!) But what a relief it was to know that months of planning would not be ruined, that Melanie, her assistant, and the venue would take on the last-minute changes had it been necessary. When the day arrived and I needed to be in the bridal suite with my daughter getting ready, I was relieved to have Melanie on hand to meet and direct the vendors upon their arrival. And of course no matter how much planning goes into an event, situations arise that throw the timeline off schedule or threaten to derail some of the special moments... here is where the professional, experienced wedding coordinator truly earns her part of the wedding budget! She redirects, improvises, or recreates the plan if necessary, to get everyone back on track and make all those special moments happen, to keep the bride and groom in the moment and free of stress. Exceptional Events is well-deserving of its name. When my daughter and her new husband exclaimed, "it was perfect!"... then I have to agree. And we have Melanie and some other awesome vendors to thank for that.

2017-06-14T19:44:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We really had a great time working with you all and are thrilled we were able to make the day perfect for you all.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Stacy B

Exceptional Events made my wedding so wonderful and helped take away a lot of the stress that goes into planning a wedding. Melanie is by far the sweetest and most professional woman I have met in the wedding planning industry. She is very focused, detail oriented and... Read More personable. Her recommendations on photographers, bakery’s, venue’s, caterers, etc. are superb. However, there was one issue with a makeup artist she recommended, Kelli Teague. Kelli’s makeup was super cakey, made my face oily and my hair looked crunchy. Her makeup was also super cheap. But Melanie was understanding and didn’t take things personally. I’m really glad I did a trial run, because I ended up going with Tease to Please to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day! I would recommend Exceptional Events for any and every bride getting married in the DFW area.

2017-03-14T23:51:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stacy! We so enjoyed working with you and Blake and your families. Wishing you more than a lifetime of love!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Angie D

Exceptional Events did an amazing job helping us with our wedding! We would not have been able to pull it off without their help. I highly recommend Exceptional Events for your event planning. They were extremely professional, helpful, and there for us whenever we needed them!

2017-02-07T22:07:18 Response from the vendor

We absolutely loved working with you all! Wishing you beyond a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren W

We hired Melanie for "Day of/Month of" planning. We live in West Texas, but our wedding was in Dallas. Melanie was great about making recommendations for vendors that we needed help with and even help us with some last minute snags where vendors became unavailable. On the day... Read More of the wedding I really and truly didn't have to worry about a thing. Melanie and Natasha did a flawless job making sure that everything went seamlessly. It was just perfect! Worth every penny and probably more.

2016-10-31T17:31:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was so much fun working with you all and we are so happy we were able to help make the day extra special!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rebecca V

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, stop looking because Melanie is your women! I thought I was going to be a DIY bride, I would have everything under control and taken care of the day of the wedding. I thought to myself, I'm superwoman, how hard can this be...... I... Read More was very, very wrong! I thank my husband still to this day for Melaine because I honestly don't know how we would have done it without her! We did not budget for a coordinator but I tell you she and her team are worth every penny! She helped me with so much, she had the answers to all my questions, she really took time to make me feel calm and stress free. As a bride I was told to enjoy the day and don't stress by many people and Melaine made that happen for me. I didn't worry about a thing, she had it all under control, because of her I enjoyed every moment and was so stress free on my wedding day and I can't thank her enough for making our special day such a success!

2016-10-31T17:30:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We so enjoyed working with you all and are thrilled we helped make your wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Annie G

Melanie is a rock star!!! Even though I selected a lower package to have her mainly manage my day of affairs, I cannot imagine planning my wedding without her. She was quick with recommendations of local vendors, and I was not disappointed with any of them! It can be pretty... Read More overwhelming trying to iron out all the details with vendors and who does what and when, and Melanie took care of all of this! A couple weeks before our wedding she had an extremely detailed timeline for the entire day, and I never once felt stressed about the day of my wedding going as planned. She was totally on top of it. Her pricing is extremely affordable and well worth it to make your wedding day perfect.

2016-10-31T17:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It is our honor and pleasure to work with such amazing people!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Shannon C

Every detail of my wedding went so smoothly thanks to Melanie Hill and Natasha Hume. They are amazing ladies who worked hard to make my day perfect!! Definitely use Exceptional Events if you don't want to stress on the day of your wedding.

2016-10-31T17:28:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved helping make your day exceptional!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Ellen H

Melanie and her team were such a great help to my mom and I during my wedding. We had originally planned on doing everything ourselves but there were so many small details we either didn't think to plan or didn't want to plan. Melanie made sure all the necessary preparations... Read More were done during our consultations and her team made sure everything ran smoothly on my big day. It really took a lot of stress of our shoulders so we could enjoy.

2016-10-31T17:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is our honor to work with you all and help make your wedding day incredible.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Page H

Melanie is AMAZING!!! She was my "Day-of" Coordinator, but I spoke with her throughout the whole wedding planning process. She helped me choose vendors and offered so many great tips! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!

2016-10-31T17:26:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are thrilled we could help make your day exceptional!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Sowm B

Melanie and her team did an outstanding job with our wedding in April 2016. She was organized, detailed, and extremely knowledgeable. She catered her service to the exact level of involvement we needed through every step of the process - giving guidance where we needed and at... Read More the right times. She spent a lot of time at the beginning just getting to know more about us as a couple - our likes and dislikes, tastes/tendencies etc. She also has a very detailed project plan which made sure everyone was on the same page - from her team to our bridal party. This time spent made the process go smoothly because she had a good idea on what (and what not to) recommend. Melanie also has a vast network of vendors to help make planning easier - our DJ, cake, suits/dresses, and videographer came either directly through her reference or through a contact she had given us. This added a lot of credibility for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Melanie and her team were on the ball every step of the way - everything seemed to be in control and we knew we were in good hands. Her team was on the same page and knew exactly what was going on / where everyone needed to be. I would highly recommend Exceptional Events for anyone who is planning their wedding and needs the experts! Thanks Melanie and team!

2016-07-01T00:22:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words! We had so much fun working with you all. And we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Melanie and the crew at Exceptional Events are consummate professionals. You can rest assured that they will provide the two things that are most important on anyone's wedding day: 1. The whole day will run smoothly and look absolutely gorgeous. 2. They will take care of... Read More everything so the bride and groom can be stress-free, and able to focus on having fun and enjoying their special day.

2016-07-01T00:23:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We loved working with you all!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016

Melanie and her team are FANTASTIC! They took every bit of stress off myself and my wedding party on my big day. They were on top of every detail, right down to the wire. I highly recommend their staff :)

2016-07-01T00:24:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We had so much fun working with you all and enjoyed seeing your love shine!

Outstanding Planning and Coordination

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Karen M

Melanie was a real lifesaver for us during our wedding planning. We were hit with several unexpected logistical complications that impacted decision making processes and complicated coordination with ALL of our wedding vendors. Melanie stepped right in and took the burden off... Read More of us (Bride and Groom) and managed the process for us, taking the lead to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She was also crucial to ensuring that everything went well during the ceremony and reception. We could not be happier with our experience! We highly recommend Melanie with Exceptional Events! John and Karen

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lizzy D

Melanie was awesome!! I was very busy while trying to plan my wedding and she was a great help!! She recommended top notch vendors and had great suggestions!! Very good at handling stuff when I was too busy to do it my self!! Not afraid to be forward and honest!! Great planner,... Read More great day of at keeping you on schedule!!

2015-11-02T10:05:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It was my pleasure helping you plan your beautiful & fun wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We have known Melanie for two decades so it was a no-brainer for us to choose her to design and plan our wedding day. Melanie had three weeks and other weddings to attend to. Still she worked under the emotional duress that our situation presented and designed the perfect... Read More wedding that our friends are still talking about. Melanie has a way of highlighting the love that people feel for each other and wrapping the day in a natural loving beauty. We had high expectations because we know Melanie and her dedication. She surprised us at every turn. Her work ethic is a super power. Thank you Melanie for loving us and working under the emotional timeline to provide us with treasured memories. We are forever grateful. -Tamie and Winston Oxley

2015-11-02T10:10:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It truly was my honor helping two of the most wonderful people I know celebrate their love and make their wedding day magical!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Ashley H

Melanie is an absolute life savor!! During an already stressful time wedding planning, she makes things calm an enjoyable. At every stage in planning she was always there to reassure my husband and I and to make sure that we weren't overlwhelmed with anything at all. Melanie is... Read More very affordable and makes sure to let you know up front how much things will be and works with the budget that you have set forth! Most importantly, the day of the wedding went off without a hitch! Well, I'm something happend but Melanie and her staff took care of everything and we had no worries what so ever! She was such a crucial part of our entire planning process and wedding day, I know we could not have done this without her she's AMAZING!!

2015-11-02T10:12:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your amazingly beautiful wedding and help you both plan this fun day! It was my honor and I'm excited to have new friends now too.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Melanie is wonderful. She has a great relationship with all her vendors and is both creative and extremely organized. She recommended vendors, reviewed contracts, helped us with lots of "how do people normally do this" questions and ensured that the wedding went off without a... Read More hitch. My daughter's wedding was gorgeous, well-organized and all she dreamed of. In the process both my daughter and I felt like we gained a new friend as well. I can't recommend Melanie highly enough!

2015-10-28T01:48:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words! Working with you all was a true pleasure and gaining new friends is like the cherry on top!

Exceptional Indeed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Susan L

Melanie is amazingly well-networked and knows that DFW area locations and vendors VERY well. Her referral/recommendations are worth gold! She's also very savvy with contract negotiations.

2015-10-28T01:48:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for your kind words!

Melanie Hill

With over 25 years of experience planning weddings and events of all types and sizes, Melanie and the team at Exceptional Events are here to help make your planning fun and stress-free! We work with clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and beyond as well as destination wedding planning. We also love planning proposals!