Making your Planning Simple, Easy & Stress-Free

Exceptional Events is here to make your life easier! We are here to help you every step of the way with anything you need. Have a fun and stress-free planning experience, we'll take care of the details and you have all the fun! Melanie Hill, owner and founder, has over 25 years of experience planning exceptional events. She says; "Creating memories that last a lifetime is our passion. Seeing clients and guests enjoy the event ...that is an Exceptional Event!"

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

Reviewed on 6/27/2016

Melanie Hill is the perfect wedding planner. We had the opportunity to work with her for our daughter's recent wedding in Dallas. She is friendly, outgoing and fun to work with. Our daughter and we were impressed with Melanie's organizational skills, as well as with the... Read More planning sheets, calendars, and timelines that brought us to the wedding day. Every vendor, every family member, every member of the wedding party knew the plan for the day well in advance; and they knew exactly where they fit in. The result was a perfect day. We relaxed and enjoyed every minute of it knowing that Melanie was in the background making sure everything ran smoothly. We can't imagine how we could have achieved this result without her. We are so grateful to have found Melanie and recommend her without reservation.

2016-07-01T00:21:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you all so much for allowing us to be a part of this amazing day with wonderful people! And thanks for your very kind words!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Angie D

Exceptional Events did an amazing job helping us with our wedding! We would not have been able to pull it off without their help. I highly recommend Exceptional Events for your event planning. They were extremely professional, helpful, and there for us whenever we needed them!

2017-02-07T22:07:18 Response from the vendor

We absolutely loved working with you all! Wishing you beyond a lifetime of love and happiness!

She Made My Dreams Come True

Reviewed on 4/16/2015 Ali C

Melanie can be described in one word, heavenly. She has the best wedding coordinator we could have asked for. During my 9 month engagement, I lived in another country for a month, finished my master's degree, found a new job, and moved to a new city. Needless to say, my "wedding... Read More planning" time was limited. Melanie made the whole process fun and easy. We had our wedding in the Dallas/Fort Worth area, but I am from Arkansas and knew nothing of the area. She gave us recommendations on vendors and reviewed the contract. She went cake tasting with us and visited the venue with us several times. She always answered my emails in a timely fashion, and I never felt like I was bothering her. Melanie's bubbly personality combined with her organizational sense makes her the perfect planner. She thought of issues that we would have never thought about. And on the wedding day, I wasn't worried about the cake arriving or how the chapel was set up. I knew Melanie had it covered. Now that the wedding is over, I'm sad that I don't get to talk to her as much. She wasn't just my planner, but she became a friend. She was one of the best decisions we made when it came to my wedding, and I would recommend her to anyone!

2015-10-28T01:51:35 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for your sweet & thoughtful words! You all were simply amazing to work with and I'm so glad we are staying in touch!

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Stacy B

Exceptional Events made my wedding so wonderful and helped take away a lot of the stress that goes into planning a wedding. Melanie is by far the sweetest and most professional woman I have met in the wedding planning industry. She is very focused, detail oriented and... Read More personable. Her recommendations on photographers, bakery’s, venue’s, caterers, etc. are superb. However, there was one issue with a makeup artist she recommended, Kelli Teague. Kelli’s makeup was super cakey, made my face oily and my hair looked crunchy. Her makeup was also super cheap. But Melanie was understanding and didn’t take things personally. I’m really glad I did a trial run, because I ended up going with Tease to Please to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day! I would recommend Exceptional Events for any and every bride getting married in the DFW area.

2017-03-14T23:51:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stacy! We so enjoyed working with you and Blake and your families. Wishing you more than a lifetime of love!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren W

We hired Melanie for "Day of/Month of" planning. We live in West Texas, but our wedding was in Dallas. Melanie was great about making recommendations for vendors that we needed help with and even help us with some last minute snags where vendors became unavailable. On the day... Read More of the wedding I really and truly didn't have to worry about a thing. Melanie and Natasha did a flawless job making sure that everything went seamlessly. It was just perfect! Worth every penny and probably more.

2016-10-31T17:31:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was so much fun working with you all and we are so happy we were able to help make the day extra special!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rebecca V

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, stop looking because Melanie is your women! I thought I was going to be a DIY bride, I would have everything under control and taken care of the day of the wedding. I thought to myself, I'm superwoman, how hard can this be...... I... Read More was very, very wrong! I thank my husband still to this day for Melaine because I honestly don't know how we would have done it without her! We did not budget for a coordinator but I tell you she and her team are worth every penny! She helped me with so much, she had the answers to all my questions, she really took time to make me feel calm and stress free. As a bride I was told to enjoy the day and don't stress by many people and Melaine made that happen for me. I didn't worry about a thing, she had it all under control, because of her I enjoyed every moment and was so stress free on my wedding day and I can't thank her enough for making our special day such a success!

2016-10-31T17:30:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We so enjoyed working with you all and are thrilled we helped make your wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Annie G

Melanie is a rock star!!! Even though I selected a lower package to have her mainly manage my day of affairs, I cannot imagine planning my wedding without her. She was quick with recommendations of local vendors, and I was not disappointed with any of them! It can be pretty... Read More overwhelming trying to iron out all the details with vendors and who does what and when, and Melanie took care of all of this! A couple weeks before our wedding she had an extremely detailed timeline for the entire day, and I never once felt stressed about the day of my wedding going as planned. She was totally on top of it. Her pricing is extremely affordable and well worth it to make your wedding day perfect.

2016-10-31T17:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It is our honor and pleasure to work with such amazing people!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Shannon C

Every detail of my wedding went so smoothly thanks to Melanie Hill and Natasha Hume. They are amazing ladies who worked hard to make my day perfect!! Definitely use Exceptional Events if you don't want to stress on the day of your wedding.

2016-10-31T17:28:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved helping make your day exceptional!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Ellen H

Melanie and her team were such a great help to my mom and I during my wedding. We had originally planned on doing everything ourselves but there were so many small details we either didn't think to plan or didn't want to plan. Melanie made sure all the necessary preparations... Read More were done during our consultations and her team made sure everything ran smoothly on my big day. It really took a lot of stress of our shoulders so we could enjoy.

2016-10-31T17:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is our honor to work with you all and help make your wedding day incredible.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Page H

Melanie is AMAZING!!! She was my "Day-of" Coordinator, but I spoke with her throughout the whole wedding planning process. She helped me choose vendors and offered so many great tips! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!

2016-10-31T17:26:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are thrilled we could help make your day exceptional!

Reviewed on 6/12/2016 Sowm B

Melanie and her team did an outstanding job with our wedding in April 2016. She was organized, detailed, and extremely knowledgeable. She catered her service to the exact level of involvement we needed through every step of the process - giving guidance where we needed and at... Read More the right times. She spent a lot of time at the beginning just getting to know more about us as a couple - our likes and dislikes, tastes/tendencies etc. She also has a very detailed project plan which made sure everyone was on the same page - from her team to our bridal party. This time spent made the process go smoothly because she had a good idea on what (and what not to) recommend. Melanie also has a vast network of vendors to help make planning easier - our DJ, cake, suits/dresses, and videographer came either directly through her reference or through a contact she had given us. This added a lot of credibility for the big day. On the day of the wedding, Melanie and her team were on the ball every step of the way - everything seemed to be in control and we knew we were in good hands. Her team was on the same page and knew exactly what was going on / where everyone needed to be. I would highly recommend Exceptional Events for anyone who is planning their wedding and needs the experts! Thanks Melanie and team!

2016-07-01T00:22:50 Response from the vendor

Thanks for your kind words! We had so much fun working with you all. And we wish you a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 6/02/2016

Melanie and the crew at Exceptional Events are consummate professionals. You can rest assured that they will provide the two things that are most important on anyone's wedding day: 1. The whole day will run smoothly and look absolutely gorgeous. 2. They will take care of... Read More everything so the bride and groom can be stress-free, and able to focus on having fun and enjoying their special day.

2016-07-01T00:23:20 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We loved working with you all!

Reviewed on 2/22/2016

Melanie and her team are FANTASTIC! They took every bit of stress off myself and my wedding party on my big day. They were on top of every detail, right down to the wire. I highly recommend their staff :)

2016-07-01T00:24:44 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We had so much fun working with you all and enjoyed seeing your love shine!

Outstanding Planning and Coordination

Reviewed on 11/29/2015 Karen M

Melanie was a real lifesaver for us during our wedding planning. We were hit with several unexpected logistical complications that impacted decision making processes and complicated coordination with ALL of our wedding vendors. Melanie stepped right in and took the burden off... Read More of us (Bride and Groom) and managed the process for us, taking the lead to make sure that everyone was on the same page. She was also crucial to ensuring that everything went well during the ceremony and reception. We could not be happier with our experience! We highly recommend Melanie with Exceptional Events! John and Karen

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Lizzy D

Melanie was awesome!! I was very busy while trying to plan my wedding and she was a great help!! She recommended top notch vendors and had great suggestions!! Very good at handling stuff when I was too busy to do it my self!! Not afraid to be forward and honest!! Great planner,... Read More great day of at keeping you on schedule!!

2015-11-02T10:05:12 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It was my pleasure helping you plan your beautiful & fun wedding!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

We have known Melanie for two decades so it was a no-brainer for us to choose her to design and plan our wedding day. Melanie had three weeks and other weddings to attend to. Still she worked under the emotional duress that our situation presented and designed the perfect... Read More wedding that our friends are still talking about. Melanie has a way of highlighting the love that people feel for each other and wrapping the day in a natural loving beauty. We had high expectations because we know Melanie and her dedication. She surprised us at every turn. Her work ethic is a super power. Thank you Melanie for loving us and working under the emotional timeline to provide us with treasured memories. We are forever grateful. -Tamie and Winston Oxley

2015-11-02T10:10:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It truly was my honor helping two of the most wonderful people I know celebrate their love and make their wedding day magical!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Ashley H

Melanie is an absolute life savor!! During an already stressful time wedding planning, she makes things calm an enjoyable. At every stage in planning she was always there to reassure my husband and I and to make sure that we weren't overlwhelmed with anything at all. Melanie is... Read More very affordable and makes sure to let you know up front how much things will be and works with the budget that you have set forth! Most importantly, the day of the wedding went off without a hitch! Well, I'm something happend but Melanie and her staff took care of everything and we had no worries what so ever! She was such a crucial part of our entire planning process and wedding day, I know we could not have done this without her she's AMAZING!!

2015-11-02T10:12:11 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for letting me be a part of your amazingly beautiful wedding and help you both plan this fun day! It was my honor and I'm excited to have new friends now too.

Reviewed on 10/27/2015

Melanie is wonderful. She has a great relationship with all her vendors and is both creative and extremely organized. She recommended vendors, reviewed contracts, helped us with lots of "how do people normally do this" questions and ensured that the wedding went off without a... Read More hitch. My daughter's wedding was gorgeous, well-organized and all she dreamed of. In the process both my daughter and I felt like we gained a new friend as well. I can't recommend Melanie highly enough!

2015-10-28T01:48:54 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much for your kind words! Working with you all was a true pleasure and gaining new friends is like the cherry on top!

Exceptional Indeed!

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 Susan L

Melanie is amazingly well-networked and knows that DFW area locations and vendors VERY well. Her referral/recommendations are worth gold! She's also very savvy with contract negotiations.

2015-10-28T01:48:04 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much for your kind words!

Great Service!!

Reviewed on 8/19/2015

Exceptional Events provided great service during the event and prior to the event making sure that all of the details were taken care of. I had no idea how much effort went into planning a wedding and Exceptional Events really made my wedding go smoothly.

2015-10-28T01:53:09 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It was my honor to work with you all!

Best investment!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

Melanie was amazing through the entire planning process. We had so many unforeseeable obstacles, I just don't know how we could have maneuvered through them with out her. Best investment you could possibly make for your big day!

2015-10-28T01:52:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! It was truly an honor working with you all!

Excellent Experience

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

Exceptional Events really does live up to its name. They allowed me to sleep well at night knowing that everything was being taken care of. This company is the real deal!

2015-10-28T01:54:29 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for allowing me the honor of working with you all!

Couldn't have done it without her

Reviewed on 4/05/2015

The two best decisions my daughter and I made when planning her wedding were booking the venue, The Brooks at Weatherford, and hiring our wedding coordinator, Melanie Hill with Exceptional Events. From the day we hired her until the wedding day, 9 months later, Melanie was... Read More indeed “Exceptional”! We did not live near the venue and we needed help hiring all the various wedding vendors and making all of the arrangements. She was a wonderful resource for me since this was the only wedding I had ever planned. Melanie had great recommendations and assisted us every step of the way. She read through all the vendor contracts, communicated with the vendors regularly, planned an extensive timeline the day of the wedding and coordinated the wedding party during the rehearsal and the day of the wedding. Melanie also attended the cake tasting and traveled with me to Weatherford several times to finalize plans. On the day of the wedding, my whole family was able to relax and enjoy the whole experience while she coordinated all the vendors, set up for the wedding and reception, and made sure everyone involved in the wedding knew when and where the needed to be. It was so special to be able to focus on our daughter and her fiancé and enjoy the day without having to worry about any of the details. The wedding went off without a hitch due to Melanie’s organization and attention to detail. I am happy the wedding is over, but I’ll miss talking to Melanie on a regular basis. I highly recommend Melanie for any event you have planned. She is truly “Exceptional”. Thanks Melanie!

2015-10-28T01:50:18 Response from the vendor

Thanks again so much for your sweet words! What a joy it was working with you all and to make it even better, I now have new friends!

100% Satisfied!

Reviewed on 12/29/2014 shannon j

Melanie was our wedding planner and she was just AMAZING! She was on top of things from the very beginning, even right after our first phone call. Our wedding was in Dallas/Plano area and we live in Illinois which can make planning difficult, not to mention we had less than 8... Read More weeks to plan..however because of Melanie, everything went so smooth and was perfect! Melanie is so pleasant and wonderful to work with! She takes your vision and makes it happen. Choosing a wedding planner is not easy especially because there are so many to choose from, but we were so pleased with our choice, Melanie!

Love Melanie and her team

Reviewed on 12/14/2014 KAREN R

Thanks to Melanie and Exceptional Events our sons wedding was exactly what we had envisioned! We only had about 6 weeks time to put our beautiful wedding together and Melanie had no problem with that...she was there every step of the way so we could just enjoy! It was a night to... Read More remember✨

Melanie Hill

With over 25 years of experience planning weddings and events of all types and sizes, Melanie and the team at Exceptional Events are here to help make your planning fun and stress-free! We work with clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and beyond as well as destination wedding planning. We also love planning proposals!