Making your Planning Simple, Easy & Stress-Free

Exceptional Events is here to make your life easier! We are here to help you every step of the way with anything you need. Have a fun and stress-free planning experience, we'll take care of the details and you have all the fun! Melanie Hill, owner and founder, has over 25 years of experience planning exceptional events. She says; "Creating memories that last a lifetime is our passion. Seeing clients and guests enjoy the event ...that is an Exceptional Event!"

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Bachelor Party, Bachelorette Party, Bridal Luncheon, Bridal Shower, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Planning

07ca00f0 7e34 4e38 ba58 5f372a4094da~rs 100
Cf805d40 a376 487a b64d 0a02ca20f736~rs 100
8e37b91d 2fde 4bb6 b113 3e53ec30901d~rs 100
F5a78365 fb2f 42e0 9ebc b20b45498df1~rs 100

Reviewed on 12/14/2017 Jon R

Melanie was an absolute joy to work with throughout the entire planning process, constantly going above and beyond to ensure that our day was perfect from start to finish. I'd highly recommend her services to anyone looking to host an event - be it a wedding or anything else.

2017-12-27T12:33:05 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much Jon & Alyson! You all were so much fun to work with and we are so honored to be a part of your amazing wedding day. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness and lots of fun memories!

Reviewed on 12/02/2017 Claudia R

We hired Melanie for Month of/Day of coordinating and it was the best decision we ever made! We were unsure if we wanted a coordinator considering we had done all of the planning ourselves. The minute I met Melanie all of my stress went away. She took care of everything and was... Read More super responsive and available whenever I had a question. Melanie and Lynelle allowed us to enjoy our wedding. They knew everything I wanted before hand (which was mainly to enjoy the wedding). I was not bothered with anything at the wedding because they took care of it all (masking the ring bearer finger print in my cake, walking our frozen-in- fear flower girl down the aisle, setting up everything, tearing everything down, making sure I had whatever I needed). My number one piece of advice for any bride is to get a great coordinator. Melanie and her team are the absolute best at what they do!

2017-12-27T12:35:17 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We loved working with you all and your wedding was absolutely beautiful and so much fun. We wish you both more than a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 10/14/2017 Carol K

Natasha and Melanie were absolutely incredible! We would not have had such a great wedding without them. They are incredible detailed and sat with us for hours while we nailed down every detail to the minute. At the wedding, they took everything off our plate so we could enjoy... Read More the big day. Having them manage communication with our vendors was very valuable. They made sure every dollar we were charged was correct - they even saved us $400 with one of our vendors. I work in events so was hesitant to hire a planner but it was by far the best investment of our wedding!

2017-10-19T15:18:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you Carol! You two were such a joy to work with and we enjoyed every minute. Your wedding was amazing and so beautiful and fun. We wish you both all the love in the world and many years of happy memories together.

Reviewed on 1/28/2018 Kathy B

Melanie of ExceptionalEventsofTexas.com was the wedding planner for my son's wedding in Dallas on January 20 2018. Melanie provided excellent vendors, and everything flowed seamlessly from beginning to end throughout the wedding weekend. Melanie and her staff were gracious to... Read More all of the guests and I highly recommend them for your special weekend.

Reviewed on 1/27/2018 Elizabeth N

As Mother of the very very happy Bride, I am very thankful to have hired Melanie Hill as our Wedding Coordinator. She was everything we needed and more for our wedding 1/20/18 in Dallas. She was easily accessible, very organized, easy to communicate with, and pleasant. The... Read More rehearsal, wedding ceremony, and reception went completely smooth under her direction. After I gave she and her very organized assistant items to set up at the reception venue, I was free to thoroughly enjoy our wedding weekend. Her follow up with a few after wedding details was very helpful, too. I definitely recommend Melanie.

Reviewed on 11/19/2017 Kathy H

Melanie Hill and her staff at Exceptional Events went above and beyond to make my daughter's wedding and reception the celebration we were hoping for. Melanie helped to find excellent vendors and was very organized and professional in making sure all the details came... Read More together. She was quick to respond to questions we had and was a pleasure to work with. She took the stress out of planning a wedding in five short months! Thank you for all your hard work.

2017-11-21T14:27:12 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! We are thrilled you all enjoyed the day so much and that we were able to take the stress out of planning.

Reviewed on 11/15/2017 Hannah B

Exceptional Events made every step of the wedding process simple. I loved working with Natasha, who was always responsive and interested in my opinions and how I was feeling about everything. Our wedding wouldn't have been the success it was without her!

2017-11-21T14:33:56 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so happy to hear we were able to make your planning process simple and that your wedding was the success you dreamed of!!! Best wishes for many years of happiness!!!

Reviewed on 11/14/2017 Melanie H

Melanie was phenomenal. I was really blessed to have found her, because she made this process fun and smooth. I am not a detail-oriented person and she made sure I didn't forget anything so that our guests would have a great time. I especially valued her experience and... Read More thoughtful advice in finding vendors, and it turned out so fun and beautiful. Thank you so much for everything!

2017-11-21T14:28:50 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much!!! We had a great time planning with you and are delighted you had such a fun day. Cheers to you both for a lifetime of happiness!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Stephen H

Melanie did such a good job of making us both feel like we were the only wedding she was planning the entire time we worked with her. From the early planning stages to the week-before-wedding sprint to wedding day catastrophe-preventing, Melanie was always organized,... Read More professional, and a pleasure to work with. I have no doubt that our wedding would not have gone off nearly so well without her help, and would recommend her to anyone.

2017-11-03T00:41:21 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your kind and heartfelt words! We truly loved working with you both. Your wedding was so much fun and we hope each day of your lives together will be equally fun!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Amy R

Wow. What an amazing person to work with. Melanie made my wedding easy and fun. No problem was too small or too large. From the second I got engaged to the minute I walked out the door as newlyweds and beyond, Melanie made each issue go away and made my dream wedding come true.... Read More She became a partner in me and my husband's journey and gave us exactly what we wanted, but with her expert advise so everything went smoothly. I had amazing reviews from guests and it was truly the most magical day purely because of all the hard work she did.

2017-11-02T23:20:00 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much for your sweet and kind words!!! We truly enjoyed every minute working with you all. And we're thrilled your wedding day was magical and everything you dreamed of. We wish you both a lifetime filled with magical memories and much love... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/26/2017

I cannot praise Melanie enough. She is superbly organized, thoroughly reliable, and willing to help in any way to make the event successful. She went way beyond expectations to help us do things we were unable to do because of time and geographic constraints. Although always... Read More ready to offer guidance, she is respectful of everyone's opinion. Melanie was cheerful and upbeat on every occasion. She was available whenever we needed her, essential with vendor negotiations. Her boundless experience anticipated potential problems and kept every detail on track during the wedding day. She has good taste in dealing with people and handling situations. I truly cannot think of any shortcoming. She was responsible for my daughter's lovely wedding day.

2017-11-02T22:54:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much for you incredibly kind words! We absolutely loved working with you all in planning Amy & Stephen's wedding. I'm really going to miss our weekly chats. Thank you for allowing us to be part of this special day!

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Nicolle T

Melanie at Exceptional Events was such an amazing planner to work with. She and her staff, Lynelle and Maddy, were very professional and personable and made the entire process so easy. I contacted Melanie about 6 months before our wedding and decided on the month-of planning and... Read More coordination silver package. We had already booked certain vendors, but after our general consulting meeting with Melanie, we got recommendations for the ones we were missing and they were perfect. She helped organize my crazy ramblings and half-baked thoughts and had a huge hand in shaping our ideal wedding. She definitely has a knack for turning poorly-described wishes into an amazing reality; our wedding was exactly what we hoped it would be. During our comprehensive timeline planning meeting, Melanie went through the day, minute by minute, and made sure we didn’t leave out anything. She sent the timeline to all of our vendors and was the point person the day-of so my family and friends could all enjoy and relax. The rehearsal the day before went smoothly, and she and her staff made the wedding day run so flawlessly, I didn’t have to worry about a single thing. Melanie and her team kept us on schedule but were flexible when things came up on the fly. Working with Melanie was such a blast. She really cares about her clients and made our one we’ll never forget. She made everything so easy and I couldn’t imagine planning our wedding without her!

2017-11-02T19:33:43 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! We had so much fun working with you all and are delighted your wedding was everything you imagined. We wish you both happy memories every day!

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Kayla R

Melanie from Exceptional Events is INCREDIBLE! I could not have survived the last month or the day of my wedding without her and her employees' help! They did a fantastic job. She went out of her way to make sure everything is done exactly the way you want it. She makes sure... Read More every last detail is taken care of and gives wonderful advice and suggestions. Any potential stress or "problem" that arose on the wedding day was taken care of without me knowing to keep me from being stressed out or worried. That was exactly what I wanted. I was completely calm my entire wedding day. It was the most fun day of my life and Melanie is to thank for that. I 1000% recommend her and Exceptional Events!!

2017-11-21T14:31:20 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very thoughtful and kind words! We are beyond excited that you enjoyed your day so much and didn't worry about anything. We wish you both a lifetime of fun and happy memories together!!!

Reviewed on 6/09/2017 Cathey G

Melanie was essential to the wonderful experience we had. She had great insights and helped us avoid mistakes I'm sure we would have made. She handled the unexpected flawlessly and we were able to enjoy the experience and not have to worry about the details. Her flexible... Read More packages gave us the ability to tailor the services we needed, but if I had it to do over again I would have her do everything.

2017-06-14T19:40:40 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We are so happy we were able to make wedding planning a wonderful experience. We loved working with you all!

Reviewed on 6/03/2017 Jessica F

I cannot say enough wonderful things about working with Melanie in planning my wedding. She was an absolute godsend, *especially* since I was planning a Dallas wedding all the way from Virginia. She worked so gracefully and professionally with both my mom (my Dallas... Read More representative - also hugely responsible for the success of the day) and me. I really can't imagine having done this without Melanie! My favorite things about working with Melanie: 1. Our first conversation was all about my vision for the wedding. To be honest, I didn't have much - just a vision for what I wanted the day to feel like. Melanie was hugely instrumental in both helping us stay true to that vision and fleshing it out into a real, wonderful event! 2. Vendor selection. Working from afar, I didn't have time to meet with a ton of vendors in person, fully vet them, etc. Working with Melanie meant that she'd give us 2-3 vendor options (I'm sure she would've given us more if we wanted - we didn't). I knew from her standards that they would all be excellent at their jobs, and it allowed me to streamline the process. She also was great at working with the couple of vendors that we had already chosen on our own! 3. There are a MILLION (I don't think I'm exaggerating) tiny details that someone planning their first wedding would have never known to think of. Melanie flagged those for us, or was always ready with a quick and helpful answer when we brought those types of questions to her. I can't imagine how many hours of google research she saved us!! 4. She's just so nice and fun to work with. Every appointment (via phone or in person) was insanely productive but also truly enjoyable. It was like hanging out with a (crazy smart and experienced) friend! 5. The day before the wedding started to get a little stressful (my husband's family's flight was cancelled, his dad didn't have a cell phone and was out wandering the streets of Dallas...somewhere, etc.) it was SO NICE to be able to say "tomorrow, Melanie's in charge." It calmed both me and my husband immensely, and it really was true. Wedding day was absolutely stress-free - I didn't even know that was possible. Almost everything went exactly according to Melanie's thorough and foolproof plan - and when it didn't, due to factors outside our control, Melanie was right there to swiftly solve the problem. It's been almost a year since our wedding, and I wish *all the time* that we could relive that perfect day. I say with absolute certainty that Melanie is to thank for that!!

2017-06-05T17:58:36 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your very kind words! I had such a great time planning with you all. I really do feel like I now have new friends! Wishing you all a very Happy 1st Anniversary!

Reviewed on 5/22/2017 Bonnie K

Natasha and her team were a huge help on my wedding day. Their initial meeting with me was informative and beyond helpful. They truly made my vision come to life. All of my vendors made it a point to let me know how much they appreciated all of their efforts aligning timelines... Read More and keeping everyone in the loop. It was worth every penny to have someone there to keep the wedding party, family, vendors, and guests in the perfect flow. Highly recommend!!!

2017-06-14T19:41:38 Response from the vendor

Thank you very much! We had a great time working with you and are so happy we played a part in making your wedding day exceptional.

Reviewed on 4/27/2017 Tamara M

Melanie from Exceptional Events recently coordinated our daughter's wedding. She met with us (bride, groom, and bride's parents) approximately three months in advance for several hours. She helped us create a timeline that included all the special moments we wanted, using her... Read More experience to guide us in making choices appropriate for our venue and offering a variety of suggestions for those elements of the ceremony the bride and groom were undecided about. No detail was too small... we came away completely satisfied that the wedding day would come together and be the dream-come-true/best day ever the bride and groom hoped for. As the mother, I felt a tremendous load of stress fall away. Once we got within a month of the wedding, Melanie contacted each vendor and provided them with their timelines and followed up with them, so that my daughter and I could enjoy the showers, brunches, the bachelorette trip, and other special events. When we got to the week of the wedding and the weather forecasts predicted thunderstorms for our outdoor ceremony, Melanie worked with the venue to re-address "Plan B" and make sure we were covered just in case (I'm happy to report the rains held off until after midnight!) But what a relief it was to know that months of planning would not be ruined, that Melanie, her assistant, and the venue would take on the last-minute changes had it been necessary. When the day arrived and I needed to be in the bridal suite with my daughter getting ready, I was relieved to have Melanie on hand to meet and direct the vendors upon their arrival. And of course no matter how much planning goes into an event, situations arise that throw the timeline off schedule or threaten to derail some of the special moments... here is where the professional, experienced wedding coordinator truly earns her part of the wedding budget! She redirects, improvises, or recreates the plan if necessary, to get everyone back on track and make all those special moments happen, to keep the bride and groom in the moment and free of stress. Exceptional Events is well-deserving of its name. When my daughter and her new husband exclaimed, "it was perfect!"... then I have to agree. And we have Melanie and some other awesome vendors to thank for that.

2017-06-14T19:44:22 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! We really had a great time working with you all and are thrilled we were able to make the day perfect for you all.

Reviewed on 2/28/2017 Stacy B

Exceptional Events made my wedding so wonderful and helped take away a lot of the stress that goes into planning a wedding. Melanie is by far the sweetest and most professional woman I have met in the wedding planning industry. She is very focused, detail oriented and... Read More personable. Her recommendations on photographers, bakery’s, venue’s, caterers, etc. are superb. However, there was one issue with a makeup artist she recommended, Kelli Teague. Kelli’s makeup was super cakey, made my face oily and my hair looked crunchy. Her makeup was also super cheap. But Melanie was understanding and didn’t take things personally. I’m really glad I did a trial run, because I ended up going with Tease to Please to do my hair and makeup for my wedding day! I would recommend Exceptional Events for any and every bride getting married in the DFW area.

2017-03-14T23:51:31 Response from the vendor

Thank you Stacy! We so enjoyed working with you and Blake and your families. Wishing you more than a lifetime of love!

Reviewed on 2/03/2017 Angie D

Exceptional Events did an amazing job helping us with our wedding! We would not have been able to pull it off without their help. I highly recommend Exceptional Events for your event planning. They were extremely professional, helpful, and there for us whenever we needed them!

2017-02-07T22:07:18 Response from the vendor

We absolutely loved working with you all! Wishing you beyond a lifetime of love and happiness!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Lauren W

We hired Melanie for "Day of/Month of" planning. We live in West Texas, but our wedding was in Dallas. Melanie was great about making recommendations for vendors that we needed help with and even help us with some last minute snags where vendors became unavailable. On the day... Read More of the wedding I really and truly didn't have to worry about a thing. Melanie and Natasha did a flawless job making sure that everything went seamlessly. It was just perfect! Worth every penny and probably more.

2016-10-31T17:31:35 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! It was so much fun working with you all and we are so happy we were able to help make the day extra special!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Rebecca V

If you are looking for a wedding coordinator, stop looking because Melanie is your women! I thought I was going to be a DIY bride, I would have everything under control and taken care of the day of the wedding. I thought to myself, I'm superwoman, how hard can this be...... I... Read More was very, very wrong! I thank my husband still to this day for Melaine because I honestly don't know how we would have done it without her! We did not budget for a coordinator but I tell you she and her team are worth every penny! She helped me with so much, she had the answers to all my questions, she really took time to make me feel calm and stress free. As a bride I was told to enjoy the day and don't stress by many people and Melaine made that happen for me. I didn't worry about a thing, she had it all under control, because of her I enjoyed every moment and was so stress free on my wedding day and I can't thank her enough for making our special day such a success!

2016-10-31T17:30:46 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! We so enjoyed working with you all and are thrilled we helped make your wedding day so special!

Reviewed on 10/15/2016 Annie G

Melanie is a rock star!!! Even though I selected a lower package to have her mainly manage my day of affairs, I cannot imagine planning my wedding without her. She was quick with recommendations of local vendors, and I was not disappointed with any of them! It can be pretty... Read More overwhelming trying to iron out all the details with vendors and who does what and when, and Melanie took care of all of this! A couple weeks before our wedding she had an extremely detailed timeline for the entire day, and I never once felt stressed about the day of my wedding going as planned. She was totally on top of it. Her pricing is extremely affordable and well worth it to make your wedding day perfect.

2016-10-31T17:29:37 Response from the vendor

Thanks very much! It is our honor and pleasure to work with such amazing people!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Shannon C

Every detail of my wedding went so smoothly thanks to Melanie Hill and Natasha Hume. They are amazing ladies who worked hard to make my day perfect!! Definitely use Exceptional Events if you don't want to stress on the day of your wedding.

2016-10-31T17:28:42 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We loved helping make your day exceptional!

Reviewed on 7/19/2016 Ellen H

Melanie and her team were such a great help to my mom and I during my wedding. We had originally planned on doing everything ourselves but there were so many small details we either didn't think to plan or didn't want to plan. Melanie made sure all the necessary preparations... Read More were done during our consultations and her team made sure everything ran smoothly on my big day. It really took a lot of stress of our shoulders so we could enjoy.

2016-10-31T17:27:53 Response from the vendor

Thank you! It is our honor to work with you all and help make your wedding day incredible.

Reviewed on 7/05/2016 Page H

Melanie is AMAZING!!! She was my "Day-of" Coordinator, but I spoke with her throughout the whole wedding planning process. She helped me choose vendors and offered so many great tips! I would recommend her to anyone looking for a wedding planner!

2016-10-31T17:26:52 Response from the vendor

Thanks so much! We are thrilled we could help make your day exceptional!

Melanie Hill

With over 25 years of experience planning weddings and events of all types and sizes, Melanie and the team at Exceptional Events are here to help make your planning fun and stress-free! We work with clients in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex and beyond as well as destination wedding planning. We also love planning proposals!