Because you deserve the perfect day

Planning a celebration to remember is complicated and time-consuming. The average wedding can take 250 hours to plan. With our busy lives, imagining and executing a creative vision for an event is challenging for even the most organized among us. Exclusive Island Weddings specializes in making your wildest dreams a tangible reality. With our background in the wedding industries, we bring a level of sophistication and originality to wedding and event planning. We draw on our expertise and extensive local contact-base to create not another cookie-cutter, pre-packaged affair, but a true one-of-a-kind experience that reflects your personal style, taste, and imagination. Casual or formal, Exclusive Island Weddings promises a memorable event within your budget.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Day After Brunch, Rehearsal Dinner, Welcome Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, RSVP Tracking, Wedding Website, Planning

Kahului , HI Maui (808) 344-2067
WEBSITE INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 7/14/2017 Kiani S

We could not have pulled off such a wonderful and beautiful wedding without the coordination of Kim and her team. They were on a top of everything from the moment we hired them, always keeping things organized and making detailed notes along the way. I was worried along the way... Read More that I was asking too much, making things too complicated with every new detail and addition that I dictated about the décor and setup. I’m a little bit of a control freak. But all of my anxiety was eased as I looked out at the beautiful setup on that day, everything looking exactly as I had envisioned it. They even did all of my flower arrangements for the reception tables.. what other coordinator offers that service? It saved us a lot of money and a lot of headache and they turned out beautiful. I am so appreciative of all the work that Kim and her team put in to making our wedding what it was. She is an expert at putting on events at Ka Hale Olinda. Before hiring her I was worried about every little thing such as how would I handle the power? How do I design the lighting? After hiring her I was put completely at ease and literally didn’t have to worry about any of those logistics. From setup to breakdown, she had all the vendors in and out quickly and efficiently and she ensured we got our whole security deposit back. Her relationships with certain vendors also gave us lower cost options we didn’t have before hiring her, and all of the décor she provided as part of the package all contributed toward allowing us to have the wedding we dreamed of. Her team even assembled the layers to my wedding cake which I had ordered from a bakery and decorated it with flowers based on a picture I provided. It turned out beautiful. Over three weeks later and our guests are still raving about what a wonderful wedding it was. Thank you Kim and Keala for everything!

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Trisha and Chrystal K

Our wedding plans started with Kim almost 3 years and 4 months ago and I must say that this journey with Kim with nothing shy of an amazing one! With that being said, we had years of planning and being that I (Trish) am one indecisive person, we've changed colors, themes,... Read More centerpieces, favors, flowers, food, booze and anything else you can think of... but Kim stuck by our sides to make sure that it was everything and more then we've hoped and dreamed for. Kim was able to sort thru all our changes, figured out our vision and made it a FABULOUS reality! A day that we along with our family and friends will NEVER FORGET! A BEAUTIFUL way to start the rest of over lives together as one! I (Trish) must say that I wish that night never ended and wish I could do it all over again...it was just simply amazing! If we could give any couple advice, it would be to simply do yourself a favor and hire Kim! Let her and her Crew work their magic and save yourself from all the stress and worries so that you can enjoy what should be one of the best days of your life! We certainly did! We will be forever grateful! We love you Kim, Keala & whole EIW Crew! You folks are DA BOMB.com!

Reviewed on 7/12/2017 Joann G

Kim, Keala and Staff... Hardworking, efficient, dependable, takes care of your problems so you can relax, magic makers, dream catchers...just to name a few. From the start, communicating with them was seamless, very important for any bride to know, that helps a bride to... Read More communicate effectively. All throughout, Everything we wanted and envisioned for our wedding, their team delivered and superseded our high expectations. It's every brides dream to have an unforgettable wedding, but to hear your husband experienced and felt the same is rare and what their team does, they help make your dreams a reality. We couldn't thank kim, keala and staff enough for the unforgettable, loving happiest of memories as now Mr & Mrs Pokipala

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kristin M

We are so thankful for Kim and her team, from the day I first contacted her she was on top of everything and very fast at responding. Having a big family we knew we needed somebody that could help us handle all the details and Kim was perfect for the job. She worked very well... Read More with our budget and if there was something we wanted that was out of our budget she made sure she tried her hardest to find a vendor that could accommodate us. Having our reception at the community center was the only choice we had, but Kim and her team were able to turn that place around. We even had guest saying that our reception felt so fancy that they should’ve dressed up more. Days later and we are still getting compliments about how beautiful everything was from ceremony to the reception and how well planned out everything was, and we owe all of that to Kim and her team! We can honestly say it was the best day of our lives and would recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to everybody!

Reviewed on 7/07/2017 Kristin M

Reviewed on 6/28/2017 Anthony P

First off, we want to give a huge shout out and thanks to Kim, Keala and the Exclusive Island Weddings team for creating the wedding of our dreams. When we first started talking about our wedding we really didn’t think about hiring a wedding planner because we both came from big... Read More families, and thought that we would have lots of help. With that being said, there was no way anyone in our families could pull off what they did for us. We are originally from Maui but reside in Las Vegas. Kim made planning a destination wedding stress free, from her monthly meetings and constant emails, communication and organization was top notch! All her recommendations for vendors were all amazing. Kim created this amazing flower wall for our backdrop and on the day of the wedding due to the winds, the venue recommended to take it down. Kim was determined to make it work and literally had her staff hold the wall up until they could get reinforcements! Thanks again for that! If you're searching for a wedding planner stop searching right now and book them!!! From day one whatever we asked for was done. And if it couldn’t be done Kim would figure it out and come back to us with alternatives. The team went above and beyond our expectations. They take pride in what they do and it shows! Exclusive island weddings are doing big things and can’t wait to see what they do in the future!

Reviewed on 6/26/2017 Ashley K

Our wedding day was beyond amazing, thanks to Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings team. Kim is so easy to work with and made wedding planning so much easier even though we were on two different islands. Not only she is flexible with her clients and addressing their concerns,... Read More but she is so talented and passionate in what she does that made us feel so much more confident in planning our wedding. We love her enthusiasm in helping us create our perfect day! Keala was also helpful in keeping us on track towards the end with great energy. On our wedding day, Kim and her EIW team were so well organized and everything was just perfect. Our guests even commented on how beautifully everything was setup and the program ran so smoothly. We highly recommend Kim and her EIW team. We couldn't have picked a better wedding planner!

Reviewed on 6/01/2017 Silei T

Our special day was absolutely perfect thanks to Kim and her wonderful team. They felt like friends which eased the wedding pressure. They took care of everything and I got to just relax and enjoy everything going on around me. I didn't have to worry about a thing! I planned... Read More this Maui wedding from Oahu and Kim made the long distance easy. Everything turned out perfect, including the centerpieces they designed! I am so thankful that I got to work with Exclusive Island Weddings. They made my dream wedding come true.

Reviewed on 4/25/2017 Sarah J

Kim and the entire EIW team were amazing and they helped us plan an absolutely perfect wedding day. From the very beginning, Kim was always very responsive to emails and quick to provide vendor suggestions, her opinion, and helped us brainstorm ideas. She was very open to our... Read More ideas and helpful if she thought something wouldn't quite work out the way we wanted it to and was there with a new idea. She was extremely knowledgeable of the Maui wedding industry and the vendors she works with and suggested were great too! She took each of our inspiration photos and turned them into reality. On the day of, I didn't have to worry about anything and was able to fully enjoy and be present for the entire day - getting ready, the ceremony, and our reception with family and friends. Many of our guests came up to us afterwards and said it was such a fun event and they hadn't seen too many weddings go as smoothly as ours did- a testament to Kim and her entire team's hard work. We could not be happier with our decision to hire EIW and would definitely recommend them to anyone!

Reviewed on 4/09/2017 Alea D

We can't be any happier with Exclusive Island Weddings. Kim was the perfect person to work with in planning our special day. From the first day we met and til the very end, we were pleased and amazed on how awesome Kim is. She and along with her team was nothing but pure... Read More greatness on the days leading to our special day. They worked very hard the week of our wedding and on our wedding day, they made sure we were all okay. We were able to enjoy our special day, free of any worries. Our families loved her and she was able to work with anyone and everyone, especially working with my uncle. Thank you Kim and Exclusive Island Weddings for making our special day a memorable one and a day we want to relive over and over. I would highly recommend her to every couple planning to have an amazing and memorable day.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 ANGELICA D

My husband and I moved to Washington from Hawaii and we both wanted our wedding to be back home so all of our family and friends can celebrate with us. Planning a wedding thousands of miles away was stressful enough, but we also had to make sure we could accommodate the amount... Read More of guests we wanted. Kim was highly recommended by some of our friends and family to help us plan our wedding and hiring her was definitely a great decision! Every bride dreams of the most extravagant wedding and Kim made sure to come up with a plan to make any of our ideas come to a reality while staying strictly within our budget. During the wedding, her staff was very attentive, not just to my husband and I, but also to our wedding party. Despite the rain, we all had a great time and that’s because of Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings staff.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 ANGELICA D

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelli N

Kim did an awesome job with coordinating our wedding and everything turned out beautiful! She is talented, patient, and will try her best to address your concerns. Definitely recommend her to future brides!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 wenzie a

Prior to choosing Kim and Exclusive Island Weddings, I had asked friends and family for recommendations on a wedding coordinator. The one name that constantly came up was Kim. I finally made the call and after our consultation felt very confident in trusting Kim to plan and... Read More design our wedding. From beginning to end, Kim was phenomenal. She takes your ideas and Pinterest board then turns them into reality. She and her staff go above and beyond to ensure your special day is exactly how you want it and more; EIW definitely pays attention to detail and exceeds your expectations. Kim and her staff ensures everything runs smoothly and timely. I seriously don't know what Kim and her Exclusive Island Weddings staff can't do. Choosing Kim resulted to the best wedding ever. Everyone that attended had nothing but praises to say about our special day. Thank you, Kim and EIW!

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Jenissa F

Kim and her staff at Exclusive Island Weddings (EIW) made our dreams into reality. I'm used to planning events on my own, but my husband suggested to hire EIW so that I wouldn't stress on our wedding day. That was the best suggestion ever. Kim was so easy to talk to and bounce... Read More ideas off of. There were things that my husband and I would have never thought to plan for. She was sure to keep us within budget, but still gave us an amazing wedding. Best on the island!

Reviewed on 10/24/2016 Sterling C

When you hire Kim as your wedding coordinator you hire the best in the business. She is dedicated to making your wedding just what you want it to be and more, because she will come up with ideas you haven't even thought of! She extremely efficient and detail oriented and her... Read More staff is equally excellent. Your wedding will be beautiful and will make beautiful memories.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Nicole G

Kim and her staff did an AMAZING job coordinating everything for our wedding!! I met with Kim monthly then weekly planning out all the details. She was understanding and patient with my indecisiveness. She had creative ideas and was willing to adjust anything to meet our... Read More budget. On our wedding day, I wasn't worried about anything, I knew Kim and her staff had it all planned and under control. I recommend Exclusive Island Weddings to everyone!

Reviewed on 10/22/2016 Tatum L

If you are planning a destination wedding your first thoughts might be, oh this will be easy! And then you start thinking of all the things you need to do and then it gets overwhelming and you almost say "let's just elope!" Or you can decide to hire a coordinator, but don't just... Read More hire any coordinator, hire Kim of Exclusive Island Weddings! Our wedding was more than I could have ever dreamed of and it's all thanks to Kim! She was so responsive, organized and made the entire planning process so much fun. You have ideas in your mind of what you want your wedding to look like, especially when planning a destination wedding and you only base it off pictures you've seen of the venue online but when it comes out looking more perfect than you had in your mind all I can say is thank you to our amazing coordinator. Let's face it, planning any wedding can be stressful but after every phone meeting she put all my stress at ease! Kim made all our wedding dreams come true! Her and her staff were very professional, and helpful the day of the wedding and it turned out perfect! Kim always had an answer and was such a pleasure to work with! I can not thank her enough for making my wedding everything I ever could have dreamed of! I can not say it enough, Kim is the best of the best!

Reviewed on 10/06/2016 Aysia K

My Wedding Day was by far one of the most AMAZING Day's of my life, Thanks to Kim and her Awesome Team, of "Exclusive Island Weddings." Kim assisted me throughout the entire planning process of my wedding, and I couldn't be anymore blessed and grateful for her Amazing Gift and... Read More Love for what she does. I looked forward to every meeting we had during the 9 months of planning, and it was such a pleasure working with her and getting to know her. She made me feel absolutely comfortable and confident in her abilities, her professionalism, and being able to execute the planning of my "Big Day." Kim's works with wonderful vendors. She met and exceeded all my expectations of my Dream Wedding, and I couldn't be any happier. From the Ceremony to the Reception, everything was just absolutely Fabulous, and might I add "Stress-free." If only I could do it all over again. I would highly recommend Kim and Exclusive Island Weddings if you're in need of a Wedding Coordinator. It'll be the best decision you make, and you definitely will not regret it.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Wayde T

Kim did a great job at our wedding. She really held everything together and make sure things went according to plan.

Reviewed on 8/26/2016

I don't even know where to begin or end with Kim Vares-Yonamine of Exclusive Island Weddings. We are forever indebted to her and her entire staff - they are so wonderful! Their work is AMAZING BEAUTIFUL, to say the least! Just phenomenal! We cannot thank her enough! She is... Read More absolutely a Godsend and we are forever grateful for her beautiful and most efficient work! She has got to be, thee best Wedding Planner in the entire world! Her execution was spot on magical! I’ve seen her work prior to getting engaged and I always knew that when it was my time to get married, she would be the one and only one that I would want as my Wedding Planner. She has great taste, she listens, she’s smart, she’s pretty, she’s patient and she’s very professional. And because of her great taste, she had a lot of equipment that we could use (that I wanted to use) for our wedding – at no extra charge. There are no hidden costs with Kim, she really is too generous. She’s worth every single penny and more, yet she is extremely fair and will go above and beyond to please her clients! I am probably one of the pickiest women alive (my husband will attest to this…and maybe even Kim ;) – but Kim certainly surpassed my great expectations! Anyone looking for a Wedding Planner, I promise you, Kim is the best out there and she will not disappoint you! My Dream Wedding <3

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Carissa A

Kim is by far the best wedding planner in the business! From the minute we hired Kim, she has exceeded all of our expectations. She was extremely helpful during the entire wedding planning process as she took our ideas and turned them into a reality. Kim assisted us in... Read More finding the perfect team of vendors that fit our vision and always made sure that we were getting the best bang for our buck. She was insanely organized and always kept us on track with our deadlines. She was accommodating and patient when we wanted to change or add things at the last minute. Since Kim was so honest and easy to work with, I was stress-free and able to enjoy every minute of planning. I had complete confidence in Kim that she would pull off a spectacular event and I can honestly say that it was beyond my wildest dreams. Despite super windy weather the day before and the morning of our wedding, Kim and her team were able to adapt and make the necessary changes needed to ensure that our wedding was still everything we imagined. I didn’t have to worry about anything because I knew that Kim would take care of it. She went above and beyond the call of duty and turned our venue into a fairy tale. Every single detail including the lighting, swag, and decorations were beautiful. The program ran smoothly and we were able to enjoy every magical moment. We cannot thank Kim enough for everything she has done for us!!

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Krissm A

I don't know how my wife found her but we are forever happy and grateful to have found her and let her create the wedding of our dreams. She is very driven and always open up to anything. She also let us use a few of her things without charging us. I must say she does a... Read More fantastic job, our wedding was stress free because of her and her team. We can never do it without her. It's hard nowadays to find a great wedding planner that you can trust, understand and be friends with too. We loved her services and do recommend her to others. Also, it was a nice touch that she added a bottle of champagne in our limo without telling us, we were very surprised. Thanks Kim for all your hard work and sacrifices to make our wedding day memorable one!😘

Reviewed on 8/17/2016 Rikki-lynn A

One word to describe Kim is simply, AMAZING. My husband and i thought about planning the wedding ourselves "assuming" it wouldn't be too hard. We looked at venues, flowers, food, flowers and did research online till i gave in and decided to hire a wedding planner. From the very... Read More first phone conversation i had with Kim i knew she would be perfect for us. as i told her my ideas for the wedding and what i already had planned, she told me straight up what would work with our budget and wouldn't instead of just going with it. I appreciated it so much. With me already having to kids she worked around my schedule and what was convenient for me. she knew exactly what i was thinking especially when it came to incorporating my brothers into the wedding. Kim is a modern day "fairy godmother". when you think you've hit rock bottom and your dream wedding is slowly drifting away from you, Kim and her team simply amazes you with more than you thought was even possible. i cant thank you her enough for EVERYTHING she has done to make my wedding more than the best day of my life.

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Mana M

What can I say but, "AMAZING" Kim and her team went above and beyond to make our day the most memorable, amazing day ever! Kim is very detail oriented, organized and catered to everything that we requested. When we decided to hire Kim as our wedding planner we knew we were in... Read More good hands. I can't explain how greatful we are to have such an amazing woman and her team take care of everything that was entailed on our wedding day. I can't imagine planning a wedding of 400+ people without her. We are definitely blessed to have had Kim do it all for us.

Kim Yonamine

Kim Yonamine, founder of Exclusive Island Weddings, is one of Maui’s most creative and innovative up- and coming event planners. She has been blessed to have the opportunity to be born and raised on the beautiful island of Maui. Growing up in the islands she always had a niche for designing, organizing, and facilitating events. Which is what lead her to open Exclusive Island Weddings.