Fab Affairs, LLC

Office locations - Front Royal, VA and Fairmont, WV

"Be a Guest at Your Own Event!

We make sure your vision is brought to life the way you envisioned it would. At Fab Affairs we know it’s all about you, Your style...your taste...your vision. It’s our job to make it come into fruition, while you relax and enjoy your wedding day to the fullest. Areas we serve VA/WV/PA/MD/DC

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Office locations - Front Royal, VA and Fairmont, WV (540) 305-9964

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Krista L

Karen was AMAZING! Hands down the best decision we made when wedding planning was to work with Karen. She took our wedding to the next level with little touches and attention to detail. "Be a guest at your own event" is no joke, when I walked into my reception I could not... Read More believe how she (and a team of Moms and other vendors) had transfromed the space. I'm sure there was some madness going on the day of our wedding but neither my husband nor I felt any of it...we were able to truely enjoy the day and spend quality time with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. I really can't say enough good about Karen...we loved her as soon as we met her! She really knows her stuff and worked very well with all of our other vendors. Karen has lots of great ideas and important questions for our vendors I never would have thought of. She is absolutely fantastic and I would recommend working with her 1,000 times!

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

Karen and her staff were a pleasure to work with during the planning and actual day of the wedding. Everything flowed smoothly on the wedding day, simply because Karen had handled every detail in advance. All involved knew where to be and at what time. This helped ensure that... Read More the bride, groom and family members felt relaxed and able to enjoy every moment of a beautiful day. Forever memories! Kudos, Karen. You are first class in wedding planning!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Mike M

Amy and I got married this July, and when we began our planning, we were both pretty strong willed that "we had this" and didn't need any help. With about a month to go before the wedding, a major issue popped up impacting my wife's dress and we realized we didn't really have... Read More anyone at our venue to help with day of coordination. Both of our stress levels were maxed out with the unanswered details of our special day piling up. Luckily, I found Karen on the Knot and she IMMEDIATELY got back to us with how she could help. Honestly, Amy and I were a little skeptical about paying someone a considerable amount of money when we had pretty much planned the whole thing already...the peace of mind Karen gave us in nailing down the details leading up to our wedding day and her expert coordination the day of was ABSOLUTELY worth her weight in gold. She has an awesome personality, gets back to you immediately, and truly knows her craft. She'll work with you to help identify ways to save money. She was always available to listen to our concerns even when they may have not been 100% in her area of control. She gave us a calming peace of mind by knowing that she truly cared about us and our event. Our wedding vendors even made multiple comments about how easy she made their job by coordinating and executing such a highly detailed itinerary planned down to the five minute interval!!! If you have any reservations about using Karen, put them to rest. It is worth it and she will truly do everything in her power to make your day special, smooth, and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Lindsey C

Karen is the absolute best when it comes to coordinators. She is efficient, funny, and kind. She geniunly cares about what the bride and groom want and need the day of the wedding. I used her month of services and the weight lifted off of my shoulders when she took over was such... Read More a relief. I pretty much trusted Karen to handle everything I had spent a year and a half and a ton of money on. She is the best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

In a word Karen is FABulous! When we began planning our daughter’s wedding, I had not considered needing a wedding coordinator. But I listened to the wise advice from the venue concierge, the caterer, and the florist who all recommended Karen. By the wedding day, I was so very... Read More grateful that I had hired Karen and Fab Affairs. From start to finish, Karen used her expertise to guide us through hundreds of details. She negotiated a rebate, made recommendations for ceremony music and budget, furniture placement – even photo shots. When a sudden summertime shower popped up and threatened to derail our timeline, Karen brought out several clear umbrellas that allowed the photographers to continue setting up the photo shoot and kept the day flowing smoothly. Karen has an eye for detail and used her quick thinking and creativity to turn a blank wall of windows into a colorful graceful backdrop for the ceremony. She saw our orchid centerpieces and realized they could do double duty to dress up the plain window wall. Now every time I see the wedding video, I think of how spectacular the setting was and how beautiful the orchid colors complemented the bridal party – all thanks to Karen! I recommend her services for any wedding and especially for Snowshoe weddings.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tina K

Matt and I recently got married at soaring eagle lodge in Snowshoe, Wv. We could not have had a better planner. Karen was more than a planner through out the whole process. She was always there for us whenever we needed her. The day of the wedding was the most perfect day and... Read More like Fabaffairs says, you really are a guest at your own wedding. I recommend Karen and the team at Fabaffairs for any bride to be! Thank you Karen 😊

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Elise G

Getting married out of state, where none of your guests have been is a hard task to pull off. Toss on top of that changing weather conditions and you could have what some would describe as a brides worst nightmare to pull off, but not with Karen from Fab Affairs! Karen made... Read More sure that my wedding dreams came true and with her coordinating the day of events our wedding went off perfectly. I also want to mention that she was there for any questions throughout the entire planning process—and we asked a bunch, and took over contact with our vendors the month before the wedding. This was a nice value add because we had a somewhat difficult caterer and she made sure to keep everything moving along without me having to worry about a thing. The day of our wedding the weather changed from beautiful to foggy and raining right before our first look, and thankfully Karen had a plan for how to change everything around. Also after the ceremony she adapted flawlessly when our bride/groom photos took extra-long and got the party started with food and drinks for our guests. It was truly a blessing to have Karen making sure that we did not leave anything out. When we entered the reception hearth room after photos (which were also used for the ceremony) the “flip” turned out better than I could imagine! It was truly beautiful and would not have been pulled off without her. Also the day after our wedding my mom informed me that Karen was also taking care of other issues, such as a few wedding crashers, that I never even knew about because she just took care of them and let me enjoy my special day. Karen delivered for me and I was hardly ever stressed out during the process and I know that she will do the same for you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Matt F

Karen and Beverly did a great job with Shawn and Kaycee's wedding. I've been a best man in more weddings than I can count or care to count, but this was hands down the most well-oiled machine I've ever seen produced. The groom's party wasn't the easiest to handle. We tend to... Read More want to do as we please. Karen and Beverly kept us straight and on time! The itinerary they provided was extremely impressive; color coded at that and really helped everyone and everything. A bridal party of 20 and we were ahead of schedule with a priest performing his first ceremony and a groom too nervous to talk? Pretty hard to beat that!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Karen N

We engaged Karen for the "day of" package for a 200 person wedding, and she was available to us by email any time during our planning period. And we were in touch with her throughout our year-long planning period. From our first meeting with her, we were totally comfortable with... Read More her. She became like a member of our family! She connected us with other vendors, she came up with suggestions when we had ideas. Her attention to detail is incomparable; nothing was left to chance. She was easy to work with, and displayed confidence and energy in performing all her tasks. She took care of everything the day before and day of so that we could enjoy this wonderful occasion!! We could not have done it without her! We would definitely recommend Karen to anyone planning a big event.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Molly P

We originally contacted Karen to recommend a venue in the area and to help with some overall guidance. She found us the perfect venue - one we never would have been able to use without her - and from then on we were hooked! She was always available - by email, phone, and in... Read More person, and has the answer to every question, plus a trunk full of wedding supplies she can pull out for you at a moments notice. I never had to worry with Karen on board - she took care of everything and we could not be happier with how the wedding turned out. We will miss seeing her! I highly recommend her services to anyone, from a consulting call to full day of service.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Christine M

Karen was amazing at our wedding! She had everything under control and made the day less stressful! She is worth every star and I couldn't say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenny F

We hired Karen and Fab Affairs as our day/month of coordinator for our wedding at Snowshoe, WV in July. She came highly recommended to us by the staff at Soaring Eagle Lodge. She was fantastic! She did a great job keeping in touch with us even before her services officially... Read More started. She is very thorough and did a wonderful job coordinating with all of our vendors, creating a detailed schedule for the weekend, and tying all of the loose ends together to make the perfect wedding! I so appreciated her and Beverly and all of the hard work they did in making our day wonderful and stress free. They handled every curve ball thrown their way and were incredibly professional throughout the entire weekend. We didn’t have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day because of them and were able to simply enjoy the day. I was so thankful they were there! Highly recommend hiring them!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Nancy L

Hiring Karen was the best decision we made for my daughter's wedding. She was able to find a rural wedding location to exactly meet my daughter's idea of a perfect wedding spot. She was extremely knowledgeable about vendors and helpful in determining our needs and... Read More communicating with the vendors as well as with my daughter and me. I particularly liked her ability to help sustain the energy of the wedding through the use of novel transitions. It was a wonderful, love-filled, happy event.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Kaycee M

Working with Karen made my wedding the easiest and most wonderful day of my life! She took all the stress from me and took it on herself! Not only could she keep my huge wedding party of 22 in line but she cared so much about our experience! She helped with everything from... Read More making sure my reception was set up even better then I could have visualized to making sure everyone was dressed perfect and on time! She allowed my groom and I to simply enjoy our day and take in all the love around us! I know I'll never have another wedding but for everyone else who is going to, I can not suggest her services enough! Thank you so much Karen and Fab Affairs! You are so special to us!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Kiesha W

Karen was absolutely fantastic. All wedding coordinators should be thorough and organized, but Karen far exceeded any of our expectations. We decided three months before our wedding to change our venue location which is chaotic in itself, but luckily our photographer referred us... Read More to Karen. We couldn't be more thankful for her services. Not only is Karen organized and professional, she is down-to-earth. She has a great personality and will be your biggest supporter the day of your wedding. She will go to bat for you if situations arise and we can't thank her enough for helping us create our dream wedding!

Top Notch Service

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

Karen and her Fab Affairs team really made our wedding day go as smooth as can be. For the day of services that we paid for, she was always available to answer questions in the months leading up to the event and then the month of our event she took over all our vendor contacts... Read More for us and got them organized. Her attention to detail with the timeline is second to none. She knows what she is doing and is able to call on her years of experience in making sure everything is covered. We did not have to worry about anything but each other the day of the wedding thanks to her. Thank you, Karen! - Cody & Andy

Mother of the Bride

Reviewed on 10/23/2015

My daughter was married in a remote location in West Virginia. Karen was very helpful in recommending vendors and was worth the expense of hiring her. I would very highly recommend Karen as a wedding planner. Her services made my daughter's wedding perfect and allowed me to... Read More actually enjoy the day and not worry over any details. She and her assistant handled the schedule of events, example, cutting the cake, bouquet toss, etc. and it was followed to the minute. Thank you Karen for making the day so special. Signed Happy Mother of the Bride - Etta

Karen - Full Service Wedding Planner....Awesome!!!!

Reviewed on 10/13/2015

We hired Karen as our full service planner. Karen has a great attitude and was involved in planning our Virginia wedding from Day 1. She was extremely responsive, always easy to reach, and went above and beyond with everything. She found ways to save us money and dealt with all... Read More our vendors for us, including going back and forth on all the minute details. She found a way to get everything we asked for. She always had a very professional attitude. On the day of our wedding, she and her assistant made sure things went smoothly. We highly recommend using her services for planning your wedding.

Reviewed on 10/05/2015 Amanda P

Karen has a great attitude and was involved in planning our Virginia wedding from Day 1. She was extremely responsive, always easy to reach, and went above and beyond with everything. She found ways to save us money and dealt with all our vendors for us, including going back and... Read More forth on all the minute details. She found a way to get everything we asked for. She always had a very professional attitude. On the day of our wedding, she and her assistant made sure things went smoothly. We highly recommend using her services for planning your wedding.

Reviewed on 8/09/2015 Kara M

I cannot stress enough how essential Karen was to our wedding. Not only did she save us twice what we paid for her during the planning process, as a coordinator she saved our wedding day. Karen's little tips and tricks saved us so much money in the long run. She knows where... Read More to cut corners, and where not to, as well as how to negotiate prices with vendors (even the really stubborn ones). I can't tell you how many times I heard one of my vendors say "I'll do it only because it's for Karen." On the day of our wedding we had quite a few hiccups. Karen went above and beyond, doing things that were not even her job and made it the most BEAUTIFUL wedding I could have ever asked for. She was soaked before the reception because she was ran through the rain to make sure everything was perfect. She came early, and stayed WAY later than was expected of her. I don't know what we would have done without her. She was more essential to our wedding than I was as the bride :) and I can't thank her enough!!

Reviewed on 7/16/2015 Jake H

Our band The Soul Miners worked with Karen and we’ve found her work to be very well-planned and organized. She provided a clear and detailed schedule and list of responsibilities to everyone and even scripted the introductions and announcements. During an outdoor summer wedding... Read More in Morgantown, WV, that was hit by unexpected stormy weather, Karen’s organization and fore-thought kept the party together. Guests were able to celebrate without worry. We look forward to working with her again!

Reviewed on 7/15/2015 Caitlin S

Karen was fabulous! One of the best decisions we made was hiring Karen as our month of coordinator. She took a lot of the stress away. She contacted all of our vendors and put together a very detailed itinerary for all the vendors to follow and know when and where to be. She... Read More offered many helpful suggestions to help things run smoothly. We ran into some surprise bumps in the road with my husbands family during rehearsal and she handled them like a charm to keep everyone happy. I couldn't imagine having done everything without her. I would recommend Karen to any future brides. She helped to make my day the fairy tale I dreamed of! It was perfect!!

Reviewed on 7/14/2015 Bethany H

Karen is a great wedding planner for someone who needs everything done. Even though we didn't need her for much she stayed in constant contact with me. She helped us put up decorations we had made and helped with anything that we needed. The day of the wedding she stayed on site... Read More through really bad rain and wind, fixing anything that the wind had decided to tare up or take down and also stayed after to help clean up. It was a perfect day thanks to her and many others. She is a great wedding planner and a really nice person. Thanks for all you did!!!!!

Regret using her!

Reviewed on 7/07/2015 Salena G

Karen is the owner of Fab Affairs and who I communicated and worked with. She cut me a deal of 2/3 of her normal price since I told her we were planning on having a smaller wedding and she therefore wouldnt need an assistant. Way more people RSVPd than expected and I was... Read More hesitant to complain about the planning service I received because she was so nice in giving me a discount. However, the issues kept adding up. Although it was a day-of service, she comes on board a month in advance...supposedly. She did contact me about a month before the wedding. We talked on the phone for an hour or so since I was away at school. She was a little pushy in trying to get me to do certain things that I didnt want to do because it was a casual wedding (announcement of bridal party, etc.). She told me repeatedly not to write anything down because she was going to type up everything we discussed and have it to me by that evening. So I listened and stopped writing down all the things I needed to look into or ask people. HUGE mistake. I didn't hear anything for a week and finally emailed her asking for the notes she typed up. I was told that there were 2 weddings before mine that she had to deal with first. I would not have minded waiting had she not told me to not write anything down or that she would have the notes to me that evening. It was very frustrating. When she finally did devote attention to my wedding and a draft of the itinerary, the frustration continued. I would have to answer the same question several times or suggest itinerary edits multiple times before they were made. I cant even imagine how frustrated the band was with her, as she changed the time I initially organized with them and then told them the wrong start time. She wanted to do a walkthrough of the venue (we did a backyard wedding & reception) before the rehearsal and scheduled an hour for this. She spent about 20 minutes with me before going to answer emails for the remaining time until the rehearsal. She caused a huge family fight that led to me crying several times that day and the morning of my wedding by not reading her own itinerary/plans for the family procession. Additionally, she was going to end the rehearsal without even practicing with the music and only did so because I suggested it. I dont have details about how much she actually helped with setup because I stayed hidden away, but gratefully my maid of honor knew where things were supposed to go because Karen seemed completely clueless. For the ceremony, she had my brother standing in the back of the seating area playing music straight from the ipad instead of having the forethought to plug it into the bands speaker as discussed, so my ceremony had essentially no music since it couldnt be heard. She never had the band announce the guestbook (as was planned on the itinerary) inside so we had very few people visit that table. She may be great to work with when you have a venue that does everything for you, but there were so many pieces to this wedding that she did not concern herself with or plan appropriately for. I would definitely recommend a planner if you are doing a wedding where you will be organizing most of it yourself, just not this one.

Reviewed on 6/29/2015 Anna H

Karen and Kailee with Fab Affairs were rockstars at my wedding - they were my month of coordinators. Kailee was our actual coordinator of the day. Our ceremony was scheduled to be outside at Valley Falls. Everything was setup beautifully for a ceremony on the lawn, but at 2:59... Read More as we were lining up to start the procession the skies opened up. It rained (and rained!) for about half an hour... most of our guests, the officiant, the groom and groomsmen got soaked. Kailee ran around organizing everyone and moving the programs and decorations to the pavilion. She was absolutely soaked to the bone, but came to check on me and give me an update while I hung out in the bathrooms. Our ceremony turned out to be a lovely rather intimate affair with everyone standing in the pavilion. Kailee continued to be awesome at our reception at Graceland Inn (best venue ever!). She made sure the DJ played the music I hard requested for the dinner hour and that we stayed (mostly) on schedule. I'm so glad she was a part of our day. She made everything go so much smoother and I had no real stress (besides the rain and she couldn't control that) the whole day. I would recommend Fab Affairs and Kailee specifically to every bride!