Fab Affairs, LLC

Office locations - Front Royal, VA and Fairmont, WV

"Be a Guest at Your Own Event!

We make sure your vision is brought to life the way you envisioned it would. At Fab Affairs we know it’s all about you, Your style...your taste...your vision. It’s our job to make it come into fruition, while you relax and enjoy your wedding day to the fullest. Areas we serve VA/WV/PA/MD/DC

Rehearsals + Parties, Wedding

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Office locations - Front Royal, VA and Fairmont, WV (540) 305-9964

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Krista L

Karen was AMAZING! Hands down the best decision we made when wedding planning was to work with Karen. She took our wedding to the next level with little touches and attention to detail. "Be a guest at your own event" is no joke, when I walked into my reception I could not... Read More believe how she (and a team of Moms and other vendors) had transfromed the space. I'm sure there was some madness going on the day of our wedding but neither my husband nor I felt any of it...we were able to truely enjoy the day and spend quality time with our bridesmaids and groomsmen. I really can't say enough good about Karen...we loved her as soon as we met her! She really knows her stuff and worked very well with all of our other vendors. Karen has lots of great ideas and important questions for our vendors I never would have thought of. She is absolutely fantastic and I would recommend working with her 1,000 times!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Angela F

I could not have pulled off my wedding without Karen & Beverly! Karen did such a great job coordinating everything from flower deliveries, photography and everything in-between. She was always available to chat before our wedding day and gave wonderful advice. She & Beverly made... Read More my husband and I feel so at ease during our special day. The only thing I would have done differently is hire Karen for the whole planning process instead of getting the month-of package! I highly recommend Karen to any bride!

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 Beverly J

It was an amazing wedding and she followed the bride’s instructions and everything went off perfectly

Reviewed on 10/26/2017 urvi m

If you are getting married there are two things you need to know: 1.) you do need a wedding planner; 2.) Karen should be your wedding planner. Frankly she’s the reason we were able to not just enjoy our wedding day but also be able to do our day jobs like normal people and... Read More save money in the wedding planning. We thought hiring a wedding planner would have costed too much. But when we looked at her prices and found they weren’t so high. AND it turns out flowers and other things would have costed more. So investing in Karen meant saving so much more money on things we didn’t need; we ended up paying much less than our budget sheet anticipated! And if you are the bride or couple who ask for FabAffairs’ services to co-plan with you, you are going to have soooo much fun planning with Karen because she genuinely LIKES planning weddings and she will genuinely be excited for you!! And you’ll be calling her a lot. And when you can’t take the questions coming from your well-meaning family, you’ll be asking them to call her a lot, too. And on the wedding day, you won’t have to worry about anything st all because Karen and her fabulous team will have it covered. My husband and I AND our families had the best day ever on our wedding day ever because no one had to do more than they volunteered for. That’s how it should be at your wedding. Let Karen and her awesome team be there for you. They are well worth the investment!!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Sister of the bride M

Karen was very friendly, upbeat, and organized. She mDe sure to get the most value from the many vendors involved with the wedding event.

Reviewed on 10/19/2017 Amy C

I was apprehensive of a planner at first, but Karen took care of a lot of things that my mom and I didn't have to. There is alot of coordination that goes into weddings and Karen definitely takes care of it! If you don't get a full or partial planning service, definitely get her... Read More for day-of coordination.

Reviewed on 10/15/2017 S P

My daughter selected Karen to help her with the planning of her October 2017 wedding in the Shenandoah Valley. We choose the partial planning package, as Anne had already selected most of her vendors for the reception. There are so many details when planning a wedding. Karen... Read More supplied us lots of checklists , offered advice, was available by phone for questions, arranged for shuttles, set up the itinerary (be involved and make it what you want it to be) and kept us on schedule for the wedding day. Karen was experienced, friendly and professional and visited the venue several times to assist us in visualizing ideas for how we wanted to decorate for the ceremony and reception(do lots of research online and get inspiration from pinterest). All the assistance was much appreciated. One suggested area for improvement would be more guidance for set up and tear down. Setup was to be done the morning of the wedding, and considering that we had lots of moving pieces like LED lights, vintage furniture, photo booth, tables, ceremony flowers, etc. it was very hectic the "morning of." I had thought that Karen and her assistant would handle all the setup, but had asked my sisters to bring friends and come over to help her just in case. I am so glad that they came, because it must have been confusing that morning with no clear guidance on what specific tasks should be done by whom. The stress in venue was palpable (for a small group of us) when the bridal party arrived to prepare for the ceremony, but gradually subsided as the final touches were put in place in the reception hall. It was beautiful. On the back end we should have had more help too. Please let me clear. If I had known that we were responsible for having a team to fully set up the venue I would have arranged for that team to be there, organized and ready to work together to prepare the area. I thought the planner did that. The setup and tear down responsibilities /expectations could have easily been made clear to us by the planner anywhere in the months or days leading up to the wedding. It was not, and this resulted unnecessary stress on us on the day of the ceremony. I hope everyone can learn from this as they plan this most important event. The bride and groom and their guests had a wonderful day...one we will always remember at the Columns at Six Penny Farm!

2017-10-15T22:12:11 Response from the vendor

Something we take pride in, is our customer service. We are known to go out of our way to help clients far more than our contract states. Whether it be with additional meetings, offering to pickup linens, dishes, glassware or flowers to save on a... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Katherine G

I am so thankful that I hired Karen from Fab Affiars to be my wedding planner. I realized about 8 mouths before my wedding that the wedding planning process can become very stressful and overwhelming. This was especially true in my case because I was trying to plan a wedding,... Read More work as a nurse, and obtain my masters degree. Needless to say, it quickly became overwhelming and stressful to me! That is when I realized that I needed to find a personal wedding planner to help make the wedding planning process an enjoyable and memorable experience. I wanted every detail of my wedding to be perfect and I had envisions of what I wanted my wedding day to look like. Karen helped me make that happen! She met individually with me and also with my vendors and I several times leading up to the big day to ensure that everything was planned accordingly. She always was available via text, email, and phone…very timely to communicate back and answer questions! She knows a lot of wedding vendors and that makes the communication and planning process much more smooth! She attended several meetings with me and the event coordinator at my reception vendor to ensure my event was going to be a success! She also contacted all of my vendors directly for me with questions/ concerns so I would not have to have any additional stress. She took care of handling all the details, communications, and coordination of the event. The day of the wedding was as relaxed ‘as your wedding day can be’… haha ☺. Everything turned out just as planned and the order of events flowed smoothly. Karen and her assistant worked diligently to make sure that everything went as planned and the set up was how I wanted. Karen and her assistant made sure that all of my personal décor, mirrors, guest book, table numbers, toasting flutes, floral arrangements, etc. were put into a secured room after the wedding. Karen and her assistant also made sure that my husband and I had wedding cake in our hotel room after the wedding. ☺ I have received so many compliments on my wedding. Multiple people have told me that it was the best wedding they have ever attended. I am so happy with the way it turned out and I cannot thank Karen enough for all she did to make sure that my wedding was perfect. I would recommend Fab Affairs to every bride! My best friend is getting married next year and she has already booked Karen from Fab Affairs to help make her wedding perfect!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017

Karen and Beverly were "fabulous "! I thought that a wedding planner was an unnecessary expense when my daughter brought it up. Boy was I ever wrong. Probably the best expense that I actually paid. Karen made sure that every little detail was perfect for rehearsal and for the... Read More wedding. I could not have been everywhere and took care of all the details and still spent the special time with my daughter on her big day! She ran everything by us, but took care of all the details that came up. I am so thankful that we had her and Beverly. I would highly recommend to anyone their services. It is most definitely worth every penny for the peace of mind and the ability to be able to be with your daughter on the best day ever!!! Thank you Karen and Beverly!!!!♡♡♡

Reviewed on 9/28/2017 Sabrina J

Karen and Beverly are amazing in every way. I was warned by all family and friends that something would go wrong on my big day, but literally every aspect went perfectly. This would not have happened if it weren't for these two wonderful women. I cannot thank them enough for my... Read More incredible Soaring Eagle Wedding in Snowshoe, WV.

Reviewed on 8/17/2017

Karen and her staff were a pleasure to work with during the planning and actual day of the wedding. Everything flowed smoothly on the wedding day, simply because Karen had handled every detail in advance. All involved knew where to be and at what time. This helped ensure that... Read More the bride, groom and family members felt relaxed and able to enjoy every moment of a beautiful day. Forever memories! Kudos, Karen. You are first class in wedding planning!

Reviewed on 7/30/2017 Mike M

Amy and I got married this July, and when we began our planning, we were both pretty strong willed that "we had this" and didn't need any help. With about a month to go before the wedding, a major issue popped up impacting my wife's dress and we realized we didn't really have... Read More anyone at our venue to help with day of coordination. Both of our stress levels were maxed out with the unanswered details of our special day piling up. Luckily, I found Karen on the Knot and she IMMEDIATELY got back to us with how she could help. Honestly, Amy and I were a little skeptical about paying someone a considerable amount of money when we had pretty much planned the whole thing already...the peace of mind Karen gave us in nailing down the details leading up to our wedding day and her expert coordination the day of was ABSOLUTELY worth her weight in gold. She has an awesome personality, gets back to you immediately, and truly knows her craft. She'll work with you to help identify ways to save money. She was always available to listen to our concerns even when they may have not been 100% in her area of control. She gave us a calming peace of mind by knowing that she truly cared about us and our event. Our wedding vendors even made multiple comments about how easy she made their job by coordinating and executing such a highly detailed itinerary planned down to the five minute interval!!! If you have any reservations about using Karen, put them to rest. It is worth it and she will truly do everything in her power to make your day special, smooth, and enjoyable.

Reviewed on 11/16/2016 Lindsey C

Karen is the absolute best when it comes to coordinators. She is efficient, funny, and kind. She geniunly cares about what the bride and groom want and need the day of the wedding. I used her month of services and the weight lifted off of my shoulders when she took over was such... Read More a relief. I pretty much trusted Karen to handle everything I had spent a year and a half and a ton of money on. She is the best!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016

In a word Karen is FABulous! When we began planning our daughter’s wedding, I had not considered needing a wedding coordinator. But I listened to the wise advice from the venue concierge, the caterer, and the florist who all recommended Karen. By the wedding day, I was so very... Read More grateful that I had hired Karen and Fab Affairs. From start to finish, Karen used her expertise to guide us through hundreds of details. She negotiated a rebate, made recommendations for ceremony music and budget, furniture placement – even photo shots. When a sudden summertime shower popped up and threatened to derail our timeline, Karen brought out several clear umbrellas that allowed the photographers to continue setting up the photo shoot and kept the day flowing smoothly. Karen has an eye for detail and used her quick thinking and creativity to turn a blank wall of windows into a colorful graceful backdrop for the ceremony. She saw our orchid centerpieces and realized they could do double duty to dress up the plain window wall. Now every time I see the wedding video, I think of how spectacular the setting was and how beautiful the orchid colors complemented the bridal party – all thanks to Karen! I recommend her services for any wedding and especially for Snowshoe weddings.

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tina K

Matt and I recently got married at soaring eagle lodge in Snowshoe, Wv. We could not have had a better planner. Karen was more than a planner through out the whole process. She was always there for us whenever we needed her. The day of the wedding was the most perfect day and... Read More like Fabaffairs says, you really are a guest at your own wedding. I recommend Karen and the team at Fabaffairs for any bride to be! Thank you Karen 😊

Reviewed on 10/11/2016 Elise G

Getting married out of state, where none of your guests have been is a hard task to pull off. Toss on top of that changing weather conditions and you could have what some would describe as a brides worst nightmare to pull off, but not with Karen from Fab Affairs! Karen made... Read More sure that my wedding dreams came true and with her coordinating the day of events our wedding went off perfectly. I also want to mention that she was there for any questions throughout the entire planning process—and we asked a bunch, and took over contact with our vendors the month before the wedding. This was a nice value add because we had a somewhat difficult caterer and she made sure to keep everything moving along without me having to worry about a thing. The day of our wedding the weather changed from beautiful to foggy and raining right before our first look, and thankfully Karen had a plan for how to change everything around. Also after the ceremony she adapted flawlessly when our bride/groom photos took extra-long and got the party started with food and drinks for our guests. It was truly a blessing to have Karen making sure that we did not leave anything out. When we entered the reception hearth room after photos (which were also used for the ceremony) the “flip” turned out better than I could imagine! It was truly beautiful and would not have been pulled off without her. Also the day after our wedding my mom informed me that Karen was also taking care of other issues, such as a few wedding crashers, that I never even knew about because she just took care of them and let me enjoy my special day. Karen delivered for me and I was hardly ever stressed out during the process and I know that she will do the same for you!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Matt F

Karen and Beverly did a great job with Shawn and Kaycee's wedding. I've been a best man in more weddings than I can count or care to count, but this was hands down the most well-oiled machine I've ever seen produced. The groom's party wasn't the easiest to handle. We tend to... Read More want to do as we please. Karen and Beverly kept us straight and on time! The itinerary they provided was extremely impressive; color coded at that and really helped everyone and everything. A bridal party of 20 and we were ahead of schedule with a priest performing his first ceremony and a groom too nervous to talk? Pretty hard to beat that!

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Karen N

We engaged Karen for the "day of" package for a 200 person wedding, and she was available to us by email any time during our planning period. And we were in touch with her throughout our year-long planning period. From our first meeting with her, we were totally comfortable with... Read More her. She became like a member of our family! She connected us with other vendors, she came up with suggestions when we had ideas. Her attention to detail is incomparable; nothing was left to chance. She was easy to work with, and displayed confidence and energy in performing all her tasks. She took care of everything the day before and day of so that we could enjoy this wonderful occasion!! We could not have done it without her! We would definitely recommend Karen to anyone planning a big event.

Reviewed on 10/05/2016 Molly P

We originally contacted Karen to recommend a venue in the area and to help with some overall guidance. She found us the perfect venue - one we never would have been able to use without her - and from then on we were hooked! She was always available - by email, phone, and in... Read More person, and has the answer to every question, plus a trunk full of wedding supplies she can pull out for you at a moments notice. I never had to worry with Karen on board - she took care of everything and we could not be happier with how the wedding turned out. We will miss seeing her! I highly recommend her services to anyone, from a consulting call to full day of service.

Reviewed on 9/26/2016 Christine M

Karen was amazing at our wedding! She had everything under control and made the day less stressful! She is worth every star and I couldn't say enough good things about her!

Reviewed on 9/19/2016 Jenny F

We hired Karen and Fab Affairs as our day/month of coordinator for our wedding at Snowshoe, WV in July. She came highly recommended to us by the staff at Soaring Eagle Lodge. She was fantastic! She did a great job keeping in touch with us even before her services officially... Read More started. She is very thorough and did a wonderful job coordinating with all of our vendors, creating a detailed schedule for the weekend, and tying all of the loose ends together to make the perfect wedding! I so appreciated her and Beverly and all of the hard work they did in making our day wonderful and stress free. They handled every curve ball thrown their way and were incredibly professional throughout the entire weekend. We didn’t have to worry about a single thing on our wedding day because of them and were able to simply enjoy the day. I was so thankful they were there! Highly recommend hiring them!

Reviewed on 9/15/2016 Nancy L

Hiring Karen was the best decision we made for my daughter's wedding. She was able to find a rural wedding location to exactly meet my daughter's idea of a perfect wedding spot. She was extremely knowledgeable about vendors and helpful in determining our needs and... Read More communicating with the vendors as well as with my daughter and me. I particularly liked her ability to help sustain the energy of the wedding through the use of novel transitions. It was a wonderful, love-filled, happy event.

Reviewed on 9/14/2016 Kaycee M

Working with Karen made my wedding the easiest and most wonderful day of my life! She took all the stress from me and took it on herself! Not only could she keep my huge wedding party of 22 in line but she cared so much about our experience! She helped with everything from... Read More making sure my reception was set up even better then I could have visualized to making sure everyone was dressed perfect and on time! She allowed my groom and I to simply enjoy our day and take in all the love around us! I know I'll never have another wedding but for everyone else who is going to, I can not suggest her services enough! Thank you so much Karen and Fab Affairs! You are so special to us!

Reviewed on 6/15/2016 Kiesha W

Karen was absolutely fantastic. All wedding coordinators should be thorough and organized, but Karen far exceeded any of our expectations. We decided three months before our wedding to change our venue location which is chaotic in itself, but luckily our photographer referred us... Read More to Karen. We couldn't be more thankful for her services. Not only is Karen organized and professional, she is down-to-earth. She has a great personality and will be your biggest supporter the day of your wedding. She will go to bat for you if situations arise and we can't thank her enough for helping us create our dream wedding!

Top Notch Service

Reviewed on 11/30/2015

Karen and her Fab Affairs team really made our wedding day go as smooth as can be. For the day of services that we paid for, she was always available to answer questions in the months leading up to the event and then the month of our event she took over all our vendor contacts... Read More for us and got them organized. Her attention to detail with the timeline is second to none. She knows what she is doing and is able to call on her years of experience in making sure everything is covered. We did not have to worry about anything but each other the day of the wedding thanks to her. Thank you, Karen! - Cody & Andy