Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel

Bow2007

138 St James Avenue, Boston, MA

Fairy Tale Wedding

Reviewed on 12/26/2014 Kayla L

I got married in the ballroom at the Fairmont Copley on October 18, 2014 and it was the wedding of our dreams! This venue if truly amazing along with the staff, food and quality of service! Tracey Gavin was able to answer all of our questions and provide the best service every day up until the wedding and especially on the day of! I loved how Tracey made us feel like our wedding was the most important and always available to offer her advice. There is not one thing I would change from our wedding day. Beautiful venue and great service!

Amazing and Perfect!

Reviewed on 12/03/2014 Natalie

I had my wedding reception in the Oval and Venetian Rooms of the Fairmont Copley Plaza this past October. I could not have asked for a better or more perfect experience. Every part of the planning process was fun and easy and much of this was because we were blessed with working with Tracey Gavin. Tracey is a pro and took care of everything! Not only is this such a beautiful venue, but the food was outstanding! Our guests are still commenting on the amazing time they had at our wedding and how beautiful everything was. The bridal suite was also superb and was spacious enough for everyone to get ready in before heading to the church. The Fairmont is amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who is thinking about getting married there.

Loved my Wedding day, Didn't love my wedding planner

Reviewed on 11/22/2014 maggie w

The fairmont copley hotel was a beautiful hotel from the lobby to the function rooms. The front desk was friendly and the bell boy personal extremely helpful!!! The wedding suite was beautiful, slightly cold bathrooms w/ marble floors. The food was devine!!! I recently had a wedding there in the oval and venetian rooms which i absolutely loved MY WEDDING. Unfortunately, I did not have the best experience with the wedding planning team. Their Communication and Organization was a HUGE challenge for my wedding planner the rehearsal night. There were numerous mistakes made with my billing that they kept changing repeatedly through email, which I was not checking at the time because I was literally dressing for my rehearsal. When presented with final billing paperwork to sign after rehearsal, she could not explain the increased charges to the bill. The total numbers were not adding up to the previous amount that we had agreed upon in previous discussion. We ended up having to get management involved as our wedding planner had stormed off after we had questioned her on the billing discrepancys. When management was finally able to be contacted, she was extremely helpful and resolved the issues quickly. Unfortunately, this added a great deal of stress right before our rehearsal dinner. The following wedding morning, we found that 2 of my tall flower pieces and wedding toasting champagne flutes were missing which we addressed with the front desk- We were told someone would be in touch with us. 2 days had past and no one was following up with me, leading me having to call the hotel several times to try and get in touch with the wedding planning team/clean up. With a hotel of such stature and caliber, you would think a simple issue like this would have been handled swiftly and easily. Unfortunately it turned out to be a headache, and the last thing you want to deal with the day after your wedding while being emotionally drained and exhausted is trying to communicate with a non responsive staff just to find out what happened to your wedding flutes. Hopefully this is a situation that the wedding planning team can learn from to prevent for future weddings as it was Not fun to go through right before your wedding.

12/16/2014 Response from , the member

Do you mind if I ask the name of your wedding planner? I'm looking to book there but am struggling with my planner as well!

Wedding Reception

Reviewed on 6/20/2014 Jenna I

My husband and I visited Fairmont Copley Plaza last summer while searching for a wedding venue. It had been one of the first places we went to visit, we fell in love at first site, and booked it shortly after. I loved the vintage/glamour that the entire hotel displayed, and he loved how grand and spacious it was. We met with Tracey and she was extremely helpful, from start to finish. I have dietary limitations due to celiac disease and the staff was truly spectacular in ensuring that I ate gluten free, not only at the wedding, but also at the tasting. Speaking of the tasting, this process was amazing - in all the wedding hype you occasionally forget to relax and enjoy the process, but it was impossible not to enjoy the tasting, we were treated like kings and queens for the day, I will never forget it. We are Italian/Americans, so good food is very important to any successful event with our families, and we were not let down, the steak and scallops were both melt in your mouth delicious. Our wedding was in the end of May, and a month later we are still getting compliments from guests about how stunning the hotel was, how attentive the staff was, and how delicious the food was. We held our cocktail hour in the Oval room and a friend of ours played piano while guests mingled. The room adjacent to the Grand Ballroom was reserved for the wedding party to enjoy cocktail hour on our own. The Grand Ballroom literally made my mouth hit the floor when we took a sneak peak before the guests entered, the photographer caught this expression, so I was able to see later that my husband's expression mirrored mine. We had 215 guests and it was perfect size, though it could have held many more guests if needed. The morning after, we held a brunch in the St James room, and it was just as perfect as every other detail of the entire weekend. If you are fortunate enough to find Fairmont Copley Plaza on your possible wedding venue list, you should know that its not just beautiful, it is truly the whole package. I hope that all other brides find their day to be as fairytale perfect as ours was, and I know you will not be disappointed with Fairmont Copley Plaza.

a place to have your fairy tale wedding...

Reviewed on 7/31/2013 Mary H

The Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel fulfilled every one of my dreams for my special day. As an out of town bride with a stressful job, Alice Fay and Sarah Rubin assisted me through the planning process so no stone was left unturned... It truly was the fairy tale wedding I always wanted, but never thought possible.

An elegant location

Reviewed on 6/28/2013 Rebecca B

Initially it was somewhat difficult to get in touch with the right people at this venue. However, they came through in the end -- helping us iron out every detail and being very flexible. That the place itself is gorgeous goes without saying -- there was never the feeling of being lost in a big hotel.

Wedding at the most beautiful hotel in Boston

Reviewed on 11/16/2012 Jamie V

I got married at the Fairmont Copley Plaza hotel on Saturday, October 27, 2012. It was such an amazing and magical experience! Erica is the perfect person to assist in any wedding at the Fairmont! From the beginning of the wedding planning to the day of the big event, Erica was very responsive and helpful. From ideas on how to setup the room for ceremony & reception to locating our favorite wines for the reception, she is outstanding! The Fairmont was the perfect setting for our wedding with its older infrastructure reminding us of how old the city of Boston, and the hotel, really is...with a modern update (newly renovated). There is so much history in this particular Fairmont and it is just gorgeous! Wish I could do it all over again!

My review

Reviewed on 9/16/2012 Deborah G

The Fiarmont Copley is an amazing place for a wedding. Their experience and professionalism definitely showcases itself. The food was amazing and my every need was tended to. They helped make it a perfect occasion for all to remember.

magical

Reviewed on 5/08/2012 Liza G

We loved the fairmont copley - the grand ballroom is like no place else in Boston. It is truly magical. We got so many compliments on the space, the food and the service. The only negative is that the guest rooms are pricey and you can only book a certain number at a wedding rate.

COULDN'T BE BETTER

Reviewed on 1/17/2012 Julianne S

gorgeous venue and amazing staff. wonderful wedding planner Alice Fay.

Fairytale Wedding at the Fairmont

Reviewed on 8/23/2011 Courtney H

I had the most unbelievable service at the Fairmont Coplay Plaza. I had my ceremony and reception in the Oval Room and every need was met. I could'nt have asked for a better wedding venue. Yes, it may be a tad more expensive than other hotels in Boston, but it is worth every penny for the quality and attention to detail. Tracey is an amazing wedding coordinator!

8/26/2011 Response from Lyndsay, the member

Congratulations Mrs. Hughes!!!! Thank you for selecting the Fairmont Copley Plaza for your wedding day. The Oval Room looked stunning that evening!!! Best wishes to you and your husband!!!

My fairtale wedding at the Fairmont Grand Ballroom

Reviewed on 6/02/2011 Lucrecia B

I found my fairytale ballroom at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. The Grand Ballroom is an amazing venue and made me feel like a true princess. Alice and her catering staff were superb and attended to our every need. The wait staff went above and beyond to ensure that our guests were content all night.

Elegant, romantic, and classy

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Jennifer G

I absolutely loved having my wedding at the Fairmont. My fiance (now husband) and I were looking for a place with stellar food in a romantic and elegant setting, and we got all that and much more at this hotel. They took care of everything for us, and we felt totally free to enjoy our evening. We were in the St. James wing, and therefore had an entire corner of the beautiful historic hotel to ourselves. The staff were courteous and friendly, and the catering manager and executive chef were even more helpful than I could have ever imagined--it was almost like having a wedding assistant or planner. The night of the wedding, someone was always on hand in order to coordinate logistics, and the food was delicious. My guests are still telling me almost a month after about how wonderful the food was. I highly and unequivocally recommend this hotel.

my favorite

Reviewed on 12/08/2010 michael s

My fiance was looking for a beautiful venue with lots of sparkle & great food. That's what you get at the fairmont & more.

Fairmont Copley

Reviewed on 12/02/2010 Kerrie R

The Fairmont Copley exceeded my expectation of what my wedding would be. They made sure everything down to the tiniest details were perfect! The food was delicious and the wedding coordinator, Alice Fay was FANTASTIC!!

MOST ELEGANT and suprisingly affordable!

Reviewed on 9/14/2010 Debbie B

I got married in the St James Room at the Copley, and it came with the two adjoining rooms, one of which was our dance floor, and the other was the bar. I could not have been happier. The Copley is absolutely stunning. The staff is helpful, in particular Amanda Dunker and Sarah Rubin. Amanda is absolutely the best. We ended up going outside since the weather was glorious and took pictures in Copley Square. And believe it or not, the wedding was totally affordable - but you wouldn't know it from the pictures!

Perfect Location

Reviewed on 8/31/2010 Lisa H

I worked with Tracey Gavin and she made the whole process a lot less stressful and put up with my millions of questions leading up to the big day. The venue was stunning and I couldn't have asked for more.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Katie C

The rooms we chose were stunningly beautiful and the staff was so professional. I would definitely do it there again in a heartbeat.;make sure that you know about the valet parking and what time it ends at. My wedding went until 11:30, but most of my guests left before 11 because valet parking ended at that time and no one told us that before hand.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kate R

Decor food service location.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Kathleen M

Working with the wedding coordinator was probably the best part. My wedding was canceled 9 days before the wedding and the coordinator was kind and helpful in returning what she could above the minimum and then putting together a dinner for my family and friends so that the money would not be lost. I think the knowledge from planning a wedding is great for vendors but canceling gives you a much better idea of the kind of people you are dealing with some were fantastic and others were not as good to deal with.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stephanie G

LOCATION, AMBIANCE, ELEGANCE

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Lori N

The Grand Ballroom takes your breath away. It is a beautiful room and the entire staff was so professional.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Rita S

The ballroom was absolutely breathtaking - this is the main reason why I booked this venue. Also I new from the very beginning I could trust the staff. They were experienced and I never stressed once.

Reviewed on 9/22/2008 ANDREW C

The hotel was beautiful in a grand classical way and our reception was very elegant. The food was great.;The wedding coordinator was very responsive until we signed the contract. Once the down payment was given she stopped returning calls and emails which made planning the menu and getting information next to impossible. We don't think she was a bad coordinator we just think she was overworked but it made the planning experience very stressful. Luckily 2 weeks before the wedding she finally turned her attention to us and got every done and the reception itself went off without a hitch.

Reviewed on 9/15/2007 Laurie D

The ballroom has balconies and stairs that reminded me of a castle's ballroom. It made me feel like a princess.

TO Fairmont Copley Plaza Hotel