Historic Wedding Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Federal Ballroom is an Elegant Wedding & Reception Venue one Block from the French Quarter. Originally built in 1923 as The Federal Reserve Bank, The Federal Ballroom reflects the building's grand history, charm & ambiance. Wedding planner onsite. Please provide your email address & phone number for a faster response.

Ballroom, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

147 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 231-6858
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Amy T

Do yourself a favor (especially if you’re an out-of-town bride) – book this venue right now! This is an awesome ballroom space with enough character and history that it feels like anything but a typical ballroom. The space is beautiful, with floor-to-ceiling windows, towering... Read More ceilings, crown molding, and stately columns. It’s big enough for a large wedding, and yet still managed to seem the perfect size for our wedding, which ended up being much smaller than we’d thought when we booked. I barely remember eating anything, but I’ve heard the food was better than most wedding food. Everything was customized to our taste by the true shining star of this venue – Becca. Do not be alarmed if one of your vendors claims Becca is hard to work with, because let me tell you – Becca’s focus is on YOU, the bride. Becca went so far above and beyond for us. She dealt with all of my vendors, she assembled decorations we brought with us, she transported decorations to the church, and the bridesmaids’ things to the ballroom before the ceremony. She talked me through the paperwork for my second line, and then, at the last minute, when it looked like the second line wasn’t going to happen, she made some calls, went down to the office in person, and paid the fees to make it happen (we paid her back, of course)! Up until a couple of months before the wedding, I thought me and my mom had everything under control and it would be smooth sailing on my wedding day – HAHAHAHHAHA! I don’t know what we would have done without Becca. Truly.

Reviewed on 6/22/2017 Jonte R

Rebecca is amazing and just about the kindest soul I have ever met! The Federal ballroom is absolutely breathtaking; no need to pay for a tremendous amount of decor. And Cabdoquebsc Catering is amazing; my guest both local and out of town loved the food! We can not imagine... Read More having our wedding anywhere else. Michael and I thank you all for making our day so flawless and special . Again Rebecca is a bride's heaven sent; I don't know how she does it but she gets it all done. And she was always willing to help in any way possible! She is an All-star! Best day of our lives!

2017-10-11T15:09:02 Response from the vendor

I too can not imagine your wedding any other place as well. It was pure fun Thank you so much, Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelsey S

My husband and I looked at a lot of different venues, but ultimately chose the Federal Ballroom for both our ceremony and our reception. Boy, are we so incredibly glad we did! Our experience with the Federal Ballroom (and particularly Rebecca O'Meara) was nothing short of... Read More fantastic. First and foremost, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. When our wedding party walked into the room for the rehearsal, we heard audible gasps of approval. Our guests shared the same sentiment the following evening. Everyone has spoken very highly of the space. We also really need to mention the food and catering team. We heard from wedding guests over and over and over again that the food was just fantastic. The Federal Ballroom works with Capdeboscq Catering and they are amazing! My husband, parents, and I did a tasting with the Capdeboscq team a few months before the wedding and we knew we were in for a treat from that moment. We found the catering and food options to be very reasonably priced. They offer a wide variety of delicious appetizers, entrée options, and stations. We opted for a mashed potato bar, a grilling station, and the fruit and cheese station - on top of our meals and pass-arounds. Everything was so good. AND when we got back to our hotel room at the end of the night, Capdeboscq had already delivered several boxes of hot and cold foods (and wedding cake) for us to enjoy. They did the same for our parents, which I think is a really nice touch. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rebecca O' Meara and the treatment my husband and I received before, during, and after the wedding. Rebecca runs the Federal Ballroom and handles every single wedding detail with ease and enthusiasm. From the start, she offered her assistance with all of our details. She provided recommendations for many of the vendors that we ended up using (and with which we were very pleased). She rented a beautiful vintage backdrop for our ceremony, accommodated all of our specific requests, and provided feedback on our day-of itinerary. We had pretty elaborate centerpieces that my mother had spent a lot of time creating. Rebecca set-up the tables exactly the way we had imagined they would be and everything was just perfect. Right before they opened the doors to the venue on the night of the wedding, she took me upstairs to see the space before anyone else saw it! It was a nice touch that meant a lot to me in that moment. On the night of the rehearsal, she made sure to meet with everyone in our wedding party, so she could put a face to a name. It made the wedding evening run very smoothly. Most importantly, she made herself very accessible in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. We texted, chatted on the phone, and emailed back and forth - I always felt like we were in good hands. Our wedding ceremony and reception were PERFECT. Rebecca ensured that we stayed on time throughout the entire evening, even when we had a lot of moving parts (like a second line in between the ceremony and reception). Both my husband and I had a personal attendant - she made sure we had enough to eat and drink throughout the entire night. I wouldn't have changed a single thing about our experience with Rebecca and the Federal Ballroom staff. This is a top-notch venue with an incredibly professional team that will do everything they can to ensure that your wedding is the best day of your life. We are so grateful for everything they did for us and would recommend them over and over again!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Donna B

What a beautiful night. I was very pleased with the entire night. Rebecca takes such pride in her work and does everything she can to accommodate the desires of the families and guests. She is 2 steps ahead of everything that needs to be done. She helped set up for the reception... Read More and she took everything down and had it ready to go for us the next day. The ball room is elegant and is great for large and small weddings. The food was delicious and in abundance the entire night. Again, what a perfect night! Rebecca is such an asset to the ballroom. I have no regrets!

Reviewed on 10/29/2017 Shonda S

I would like to start by saying Rebecca is an ANGEL! We are from Philadelphia and were married October 21,2017. Rebecca made our destination wedding everything we hoped for and more. The Federal Ballroom , catering, hospitality etc.. was immaculate just like she promised. Our... Read More guest are still talking about how perfect our wedding was. Rebecca went over,above & beyond to make sure everything was perfect! Thanks again for being a very special part of our union! Love Chance & Shonda

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Bo M

It's really hard to know where to begin. The venue is spectacular with its old New Orleans charm fashioned by floor to ceiling windows running on 3 walls. The columns span the height and break the eating from the dance areas. There is olenty of room for a dance party guided... Read More either by the DJ or by a Band. Our wedding was 150 people and we had plenty of space for all of the activities. Parking is a bit of a challenge for the guests but if you choose to get married downtown New Orleans you already know that parking is at a premium. Parking for the wedding party is reserved right next to the venue and you walk right in. Ok, so what teally makes this place the best there is: Ms. Becca!!!!!! She is truly one of the best in the business. You want to really feel like you are special? You pick Ms. Becca. My wife and I were discussing just last night how she truly takes the time to make you feel like you are the only one that matters on your special day. The level of personalization, the care, her endless smile, ability to multitask, take the load off of you, make you feel at home, coordinate, schedule, finetune, and streamline the while process is just unbelievable. You will feel like your mom is organizing your wedding as she takes that kind of personal care and love. She really lives what she does, remembers absolutely everyone that she helped get married, and becomes a friend for life. We strongly recommend this venue and Ms.Becca to everyone as we know you will have the wedding and reception of yor dreams here.

Reviewed on 10/17/2017

We got married last JUne. Our reception was a dream come true. Rebecca, our coordinator went above and beyond. She even came to the church to get a sneak peek and gather the bridal party's items so we didn't have to worry about anyrhing as we second lined to the federal... Read More ballroom. Rebecca and her staff are a joy to work with and you leave feeling like you gained additional family!

Reviewed on 10/11/2017 Patricia D

We are so happy we had our wedding here! Mrs. Rebecca was so helpful during the planning stage (even as we were from out-of-state), the day-of, and even afterward. We had such a great time at our wedding and enjoyed every minute of it. We had both the ceremony and the... Read More reception (open bar, buffet dinner, second line band, and dancing) all within the Ballroom. It was a great place to have a second line band - they were a hit with our guests and we think the Ballroom's natural acoustics really amplified their sound.

2017-10-11T14:53:21 Response from the vendor

Patricia and Eric, I really enjoyed meeting you and your family and friends and being a part of your wedding day! What a beautiful day after the hurricane weather. Every detail came together. May God Bless you, Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 10/10/2017 Natalie S

Perfect night! Rebecca is amazing and so helpful! She made everything so easy and stress free!

2017-10-11T15:04:47 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Natalie & Bennett! I know we will see you again in New Orleans Soon! Love to You, Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 10/04/2017 Shanna B

Sooooo Rebecca was literally my fairy Godmother! I spent ALL morning calling dozens of venues to book my engagement party for this December without any luck and although she informed me that The Federal Ballroom was booked she poured into me viable information that truly... Read More facilitated the ENTIRE process for me and helped me to avoid wasting hours on the phone. She was so eager to help and I almost wish I could've booked the Federal Ballroom just so we could work together for my engagement party. Because of her help I found some great options the next day without a 3rd of the effort and time prior to speaking with her. I'll definitely follow up with her to book another event. She gets five stars from me. She's such a sweetheart, my gosh!

2017-10-11T15:05:32 Response from the vendor

Merci and Good Luck!

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Morgan W

Federal Ballroom was great to us - from the room, to working with other vendors, to the food, everything was spot on. Their in-house catering comparing has been around for decades (catered my in-laws' wedding, actually), and treating us wonderfully. We had a tasting prior to the... Read More wedding and the food was excellent the day of. Rebecca was quick to respond to any question and allowed us to visit the site multiple times before our wedding day. I give three stars for a few glaring issues, however. My now husband and I are very low maintenance. We had few things we wanted to have done at our wedding; the rest of the time we wanted to spend dancing and spending time with our loved ones. When it came to our entrance, no one communicated with our DJ to introduce us, so none of our guests knew we had entered the room. FB also did not communicate with the dj hat we would move straight to cake cutting, so no one knew that was happening either. The only other event during the wedding was our bouquet toss, which was announced. We had a "personal helper" during the night, but I saw her only half the night. And for our exit, no real direction was given. For asking for so little, we expected these few moments to go off seemlessly. The venue is wonderful, the food delicious, the atmosphere perfect for having everyone together. I just wish there had been better communication throughout the evening.

2017-07-12T10:48:06 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much for your feedback. Weddings are my life and I enjoyed being a part of yours! The DJ Leslie that you hired with Toast Entertainment has performed here since your wedding and his timing is getting better and better.

Reviewed on 6/08/2017 Jenna F

Recently had our reception here and everything was amazing!! Very spacious and elegant. Our guests raved about the food! Rebecca, the wedding coordinator, was fabulous and was there every step of the way! She got in touch with all of the vendors the week before which made my... Read More life a lot easier!! If you pick this place, you will be in great hands!!

2017-06-27T16:55:18 Response from the vendor

Thank you Jenna & John Austin . . .your wedding was a BLAST!!!!!!!!! My love to you Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 5/28/2017 Rebecca C

The team at the Federal Ballroom was dream to work with. They make the planning process so easy. Becca- the wedding planner is absolutely outstanding. She has great response rate. She will incoporate any detail into the wedding. She helps you set up all the meetings with the... Read More different vendors. She takes care of the bride and groom and their families. If you want a wedding that will absolutely stunning, book through the Federal Ballroom.

2017-05-30T12:06:28 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much Rebecca & Mathew The best wishes, Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Mariam N

I had my wedding reception here a couple of weekends ago and cannot begin to say how happy I am with how everything turned out. Rebecca was so helpful throughout the entire process. I was planning the wedding from out of state and she made things so much easier. Even the day of,... Read More she helped me with small tasks I thought I'd be doing in the morning. Everything ran smoothly because of her help, and all of our guests had nothing but good things to say about the venue and the food! I would highly recommend getting married here to anyone who is considering it!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Marilyn C

My son was married there this past Saturday. Everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the service top-notch. What made it even easier to plan was Rebecca. She is such a sweetie and made sure it all went smoothly. For the past year I have been working with Rebecca to... Read More plan this special day for my son and his partner and I could not have done it without her. I have been inundated with messages from friends and family about how great the food was and how beautiful the room was decorated and just how much fun everyone had. I am still overwhelmed with how perfect the whole event went - Thank you Rebecca! Love you and wish there was some way to work with you again!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017

The facility was great. The folks serving drinks and food were super. The only problem was a couple of folks off the street were allowed to enter the hall. Security could have been more vigilant.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Katie G

Our reception was at The Federal Ballroom on 12-17-2016 and it was absolutely stunning and I could not be happier with our venue choice! Rebecca is an absolute dream to work with and helped to make our wedding perfect! The only advice that I have for others looking to book this... Read More venue is to purchase the additional lighting that she offers! The caterer that she uses is also amazing and I am still getting compliments from guests about it!! You cannot go wrong if you choose this venue!!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Darby Y

I can't say enough good things about the Federal Ballroom!!! My husband and I just had our wedding reception here on December 29, 2016. I am from San Diego, but my husband and I started dating in New Orleans and we knew we wanted to return for our wedding. I was nervous about... Read More planning a destination wedding, but Rebecca, the wedding coordinator at Federal Ballroom made it a breeze. She helped me pick centerpieces, gave advice on picking vendors, and ensured everything was in place for our big day. She was patient, enthusiastic, and a calming presence through the whole process. I was blown away when I entered the Ballroom the night of our reception at how elegant it all was. Additionally, the Federal Ballroom uses Capdebosque catering which was a huge hit with our guests. Their food was delicious and they even set up a Hurricane Bar and made bags of beignets to-go for all the guests to take as they left the venue which people loved!!! Also, Sharon and Larry from Capdebosque ensured my husband and I never had an empty glass, ensured our evening ran on schedule, and even set up an intimate dinner for my husband and I to get a quick bite in alone during cocktail hour in a separate room so we were fed and recharged to party with our guests the rest of the evening. That detail was so sweet! At the end of the night they sent our parents and us home with boxes of leftovers which fed us for 2 days! The Federal Ballroom made my dream wedding come true and our guests were thrilled with it all too.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Nic M

I cannot express enough how wonderful it was to have this venue! The coordinator Rebecca is a godsend and will save your sanity during the stressful planning period. Truly a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Gina T

My daughter was married at the Federal Ballroom in New Orleans in January. The ballroom was absolutely beautiful. It has a great deal of character, and with the lighting, set up, and the lights at Christmas time and just after the New Year, it was stunning. . Working with... Read More Rebecca O'Meara was a dream! She was efficient, creative, professional, and responsive to our questions. Rebecca really went above and beyond to make everything go smoothly. The ceremony was held at the Immaculate Conception Church which is a couple of blocks away, and she walked down to ensure that all was going perfectly. Rebecca stood outside on the corner to give directions when necessary, and even made sure that the band had a place to park. She saw to every detail. The food was excellent and our guests were so complementary! A great time was had by everyone! This venue is sophisticated, elegant and urban but feels welcoming and charming. I highly recommend the Federal Ballroom and in particular, working with the wonderful Rebecca O'Meara!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dominique R

Approximately a year and a half ago I knew I wanted to have a wedding in New Orleans and began looking at venues. New Orleans is a city built for celebrations so at first it was difficult to narrow down the search. We had a destination wedding (coming from NYC) and I didn't... Read More want a reception at a hotel as we could have done that up here. Once I saw Federal Ballroom, the search ended. The former federal reserve bank has floor to ceiling windows, crown moldings, etc. and the whole space can be customized. And the food and drink is second to none. The caterer is Capdeboscq and not only is everything made from scratch/fresh and will be the best southern wedding food you will have but the options are endless. Our menu for the dinner portion only was the following: caesar salad, shrimp and grits, crawfish etouffe, pasta primavera, lasagna, chicken and sausage gumbo, roast beef debris with mashed potatoes, beef tenderloin carving station, fried turkey carving station, roasted pig carving station with pork tenderloins and jambalaya, alligator sausage, crawfish sausage, shrimp sausage, grilled chicken breast, grilled catfish, bananas foster, coffee and beignets, french bread pudding with rum sauce, and of course wedding cake. The caterer was able to pull off every dish to perfection. It doesn't stop there, we had two top shelf open bars with speciality drinks (hurricanes and four different types of martinis). Nobody waited in line for drinks or food the whole night and it has been over a week and our friends and family are still commenting on the catering. But on top of all that, there is also a secret weapon that no other venue has in New Orleans: Rebecca O'Meara. Becca can make your dreams come true and will help you every step of the way. From having a menu with three different carving stations for dinner to having the Tulane University Marching Band lead our second line into the venue, there was nothing Becca wasn't willing to help with, make easier, and nothing is impossible under her watch. Having all the moving pieces we had and being a destination wedding can be stressful but with Becca, it went off without a hitch and I owe her the world. Don't settle for a cookie cutter wedding; you are in New Orleans so use the best venue with a coordinator who cannot be matched. While the value of the venue is incredible, with Rebecca, it is priceless.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kriston S

If you are trying to choose a reception venue then look no further than the Federal Ballroom. Their in house planner (Rebecca) made us feel like a king and queen. Every detail was planned out with little to no worry on our part and Rebecca is probably the sweetest and most... Read More accommodating person we could ever have hoped for. You will definitely love this place and have a blast. It was the most beautiful reception ever (well at least in my opinion).

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Shannon B

Our October wedding at The Federal Ballroom was absolutely everything we had envisioned. It was truly amazing and perfect from the very beginning all the way to the end. Becca the coordinator there, is truly a blessing. She is extremely personable and very passionate about her... Read More role. Becca,her staff, and the venue are top notch!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Monique G

We had a FANTASTIC wedding reception at the Federal Ballroom! It was everything we dreamed of for our wedding day! The Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous with the columns and floor to ceiling windows. We had to do very little decorating of the space to make it look beautiful. It is... Read More also in a great location in the city. Half of our wedding guests were from out of town and appreciated being right in the heart of New Orleans! Most importantly the Wedding Coordinator at the Federal Ballroom, Rebecca, is the best there is! We live out of town and she made everything so easy to plan! She recommended vendors, helped with table linens, floor plans, and even sent us everything we needed to get our second line permit! She was very quick to respond when I needed something. Also, on the week of the wedding she was more than accommodating. She truly took the pressure off of us so we could enjoy the whole experience without feeling stressed about vendor set up and how the day would flow. Our family and friends had the time of their lives at our wedding and we have the best memories from our wedding day to cherish forever! I highly recommend the Federal Ballroom!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Maya H

Our wedding reception at the Federal Ballroom far exceeded our expectations! The venue was absolutely beautiful and our guests are still raving about the delicious food and awesome service provided by the Capdeboscq caterers. Rebecca was a joy to work with and helped wedding... Read More planning by a busy bride so much easier! Rebecca was very accommodating to my busy schedule and never made us feel like we were bothering her. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that both of us were treated like royalty throughout the night! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

2016-10-31T19:54:22 Response from the vendor

Maya, thank you very much to you and Marquis

Meet The Events Director