Historic Wedding Ceremony & Reception Venue

The Federal Ballroom is an Elegant Wedding & Reception Venue one Block from the French Quarter. Originally built in 1923 as The Federal Reserve Bank, The Federal Ballroom reflects the building's grand history, charm & ambiance. Wedding planner onsite. Please provide your email address & phone number for a faster response.

Ballroom, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue

Bar + Drinks, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Planning

147 Carondelet Street, New Orleans, LA (504) 231-6858
FACEBOOK TWITTER

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Dominique R

Approximately a year and a half ago I knew I wanted to have a wedding in New Orleans and began looking at venues. New Orleans is a city built for celebrations so at first it was difficult to narrow down the search. We had a destination wedding (coming from NYC) and I didn't... Read More want a reception at a hotel as we could have done that up here. Once I saw Federal Ballroom, the search ended. The former federal reserve bank has floor to ceiling windows, crown moldings, etc. and the whole space can be customized. And the food and drink is second to none. The caterer is Capdeboscq and not only is everything made from scratch/fresh and will be the best southern wedding food you will have but the options are endless. Our menu for the dinner portion only was the following: caesar salad, shrimp and grits, crawfish etouffe, pasta primavera, lasagna, chicken and sausage gumbo, roast beef debris with mashed potatoes, beef tenderloin carving station, fried turkey carving station, roasted pig carving station with pork tenderloins and jambalaya, alligator sausage, crawfish sausage, shrimp sausage, grilled chicken breast, grilled catfish, bananas foster, coffee and beignets, french bread pudding with rum sauce, and of course wedding cake. The caterer was able to pull off every dish to perfection. It doesn't stop there, we had two top shelf open bars with speciality drinks (hurricanes and four different types of martinis). Nobody waited in line for drinks or food the whole night and it has been over a week and our friends and family are still commenting on the catering. But on top of all that, there is also a secret weapon that no other venue has in New Orleans: Rebecca O'Meara. Becca can make your dreams come true and will help you every step of the way. From having a menu with three different carving stations for dinner to having the Tulane University Marching Band lead our second line into the venue, there was nothing Becca wasn't willing to help with, make easier, and nothing is impossible under her watch. Having all the moving pieces we had and being a destination wedding can be stressful but with Becca, it went off without a hitch and I owe her the world. Don't settle for a cookie cutter wedding; you are in New Orleans so use the best venue with a coordinator who cannot be matched. While the value of the venue is incredible, with Rebecca, it is priceless.

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kelsey S

My husband and I looked at a lot of different venues, but ultimately chose the Federal Ballroom for both our ceremony and our reception. Boy, are we so incredibly glad we did! Our experience with the Federal Ballroom (and particularly Rebecca O'Meara) was nothing short of... Read More fantastic. First and foremost, the venue is BEAUTIFUL. When our wedding party walked into the room for the rehearsal, we heard audible gasps of approval. Our guests shared the same sentiment the following evening. Everyone has spoken very highly of the space. We also really need to mention the food and catering team. We heard from wedding guests over and over and over again that the food was just fantastic. The Federal Ballroom works with Capdeboscq Catering and they are amazing! My husband, parents, and I did a tasting with the Capdeboscq team a few months before the wedding and we knew we were in for a treat from that moment. We found the catering and food options to be very reasonably priced. They offer a wide variety of delicious appetizers, entrée options, and stations. We opted for a mashed potato bar, a grilling station, and the fruit and cheese station - on top of our meals and pass-arounds. Everything was so good. AND when we got back to our hotel room at the end of the night, Capdeboscq had already delivered several boxes of hot and cold foods (and wedding cake) for us to enjoy. They did the same for our parents, which I think is a really nice touch. I would be remiss if I didn't mention Rebecca O' Meara and the treatment my husband and I received before, during, and after the wedding. Rebecca runs the Federal Ballroom and handles every single wedding detail with ease and enthusiasm. From the start, she offered her assistance with all of our details. She provided recommendations for many of the vendors that we ended up using (and with which we were very pleased). She rented a beautiful vintage backdrop for our ceremony, accommodated all of our specific requests, and provided feedback on our day-of itinerary. We had pretty elaborate centerpieces that my mother had spent a lot of time creating. Rebecca set-up the tables exactly the way we had imagined they would be and everything was just perfect. Right before they opened the doors to the venue on the night of the wedding, she took me upstairs to see the space before anyone else saw it! It was a nice touch that meant a lot to me in that moment. On the night of the rehearsal, she made sure to meet with everyone in our wedding party, so she could put a face to a name. It made the wedding evening run very smoothly. Most importantly, she made herself very accessible in the months and weeks leading up to the wedding. We texted, chatted on the phone, and emailed back and forth - I always felt like we were in good hands. Our wedding ceremony and reception were PERFECT. Rebecca ensured that we stayed on time throughout the entire evening, even when we had a lot of moving parts (like a second line in between the ceremony and reception). Both my husband and I had a personal attendant - she made sure we had enough to eat and drink throughout the entire night. I wouldn't have changed a single thing about our experience with Rebecca and the Federal Ballroom staff. This is a top-notch venue with an incredibly professional team that will do everything they can to ensure that your wedding is the best day of your life. We are so grateful for everything they did for us and would recommend them over and over again!

Reviewed on 3/15/2017 Mariam N

I had my wedding reception here a couple of weekends ago and cannot begin to say how happy I am with how everything turned out. Rebecca was so helpful throughout the entire process. I was planning the wedding from out of state and she made things so much easier. Even the day of,... Read More she helped me with small tasks I thought I'd be doing in the morning. Everything ran smoothly because of her help, and all of our guests had nothing but good things to say about the venue and the food! I would highly recommend getting married here to anyone who is considering it!

Reviewed on 3/14/2017 Marilyn C

My son was married there this past Saturday. Everything was perfect! The food was delicious and the service top-notch. What made it even easier to plan was Rebecca. She is such a sweetie and made sure it all went smoothly. For the past year I have been working with Rebecca to... Read More plan this special day for my son and his partner and I could not have done it without her. I have been inundated with messages from friends and family about how great the food was and how beautiful the room was decorated and just how much fun everyone had. I am still overwhelmed with how perfect the whole event went - Thank you Rebecca! Love you and wish there was some way to work with you again!

Reviewed on 1/15/2017

The facility was great. The folks serving drinks and food were super. The only problem was a couple of folks off the street were allowed to enter the hall. Security could have been more vigilant.

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Katie G

Our reception was at The Federal Ballroom on 12-17-2016 and it was absolutely stunning and I could not be happier with our venue choice! Rebecca is an absolute dream to work with and helped to make our wedding perfect! The only advice that I have for others looking to book this... Read More venue is to purchase the additional lighting that she offers! The caterer that she uses is also amazing and I am still getting compliments from guests about it!! You cannot go wrong if you choose this venue!!

Reviewed on 1/01/2017 Darby Y

I can't say enough good things about the Federal Ballroom!!! My husband and I just had our wedding reception here on December 29, 2016. I am from San Diego, but my husband and I started dating in New Orleans and we knew we wanted to return for our wedding. I was nervous about... Read More planning a destination wedding, but Rebecca, the wedding coordinator at Federal Ballroom made it a breeze. She helped me pick centerpieces, gave advice on picking vendors, and ensured everything was in place for our big day. She was patient, enthusiastic, and a calming presence through the whole process. I was blown away when I entered the Ballroom the night of our reception at how elegant it all was. Additionally, the Federal Ballroom uses Capdebosque catering which was a huge hit with our guests. Their food was delicious and they even set up a Hurricane Bar and made bags of beignets to-go for all the guests to take as they left the venue which people loved!!! Also, Sharon and Larry from Capdebosque ensured my husband and I never had an empty glass, ensured our evening ran on schedule, and even set up an intimate dinner for my husband and I to get a quick bite in alone during cocktail hour in a separate room so we were fed and recharged to party with our guests the rest of the evening. That detail was so sweet! At the end of the night they sent our parents and us home with boxes of leftovers which fed us for 2 days! The Federal Ballroom made my dream wedding come true and our guests were thrilled with it all too.

Reviewed on 11/20/2016 Nic M

I cannot express enough how wonderful it was to have this venue! The coordinator Rebecca is a godsend and will save your sanity during the stressful planning period. Truly a wonderful experience!

Reviewed on 11/06/2016 Gina T

My daughter was married at the Federal Ballroom in New Orleans in January. The ballroom was absolutely beautiful. It has a great deal of character, and with the lighting, set up, and the lights at Christmas time and just after the New Year, it was stunning. . Working with... Read More Rebecca O'Meara was a dream! She was efficient, creative, professional, and responsive to our questions. Rebecca really went above and beyond to make everything go smoothly. The ceremony was held at the Immaculate Conception Church which is a couple of blocks away, and she walked down to ensure that all was going perfectly. Rebecca stood outside on the corner to give directions when necessary, and even made sure that the band had a place to park. She saw to every detail. The food was excellent and our guests were so complementary! A great time was had by everyone! This venue is sophisticated, elegant and urban but feels welcoming and charming. I highly recommend the Federal Ballroom and in particular, working with the wonderful Rebecca O'Meara!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Kriston S

If you are trying to choose a reception venue then look no further than the Federal Ballroom. Their in house planner (Rebecca) made us feel like a king and queen. Every detail was planned out with little to no worry on our part and Rebecca is probably the sweetest and most... Read More accommodating person we could ever have hoped for. You will definitely love this place and have a blast. It was the most beautiful reception ever (well at least in my opinion).

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Shannon B

Our October wedding at The Federal Ballroom was absolutely everything we had envisioned. It was truly amazing and perfect from the very beginning all the way to the end. Becca the coordinator there, is truly a blessing. She is extremely personable and very passionate about her... Read More role. Becca,her staff, and the venue are top notch!!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Monique G

We had a FANTASTIC wedding reception at the Federal Ballroom! It was everything we dreamed of for our wedding day! The Ballroom is absolutely gorgeous with the columns and floor to ceiling windows. We had to do very little decorating of the space to make it look beautiful. It is... Read More also in a great location in the city. Half of our wedding guests were from out of town and appreciated being right in the heart of New Orleans! Most importantly the Wedding Coordinator at the Federal Ballroom, Rebecca, is the best there is! We live out of town and she made everything so easy to plan! She recommended vendors, helped with table linens, floor plans, and even sent us everything we needed to get our second line permit! She was very quick to respond when I needed something. Also, on the week of the wedding she was more than accommodating. She truly took the pressure off of us so we could enjoy the whole experience without feeling stressed about vendor set up and how the day would flow. Our family and friends had the time of their lives at our wedding and we have the best memories from our wedding day to cherish forever! I highly recommend the Federal Ballroom!

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Maya H

Our wedding reception at the Federal Ballroom far exceeded our expectations! The venue was absolutely beautiful and our guests are still raving about the delicious food and awesome service provided by the Capdeboscq caterers. Rebecca was a joy to work with and helped wedding... Read More planning by a busy bride so much easier! Rebecca was very accommodating to my busy schedule and never made us feel like we were bothering her. On the day of the wedding, she made sure that both of us were treated like royalty throughout the night! We couldn't have asked for a better experience!

2016-10-31T19:54:22 Response from the vendor

Maya, thank you very much to you and Marquis

Reviewed on 10/31/2016 Shannon H

My husband and I had our wedding in June this year and our experience was excellent. Rebecca, the wedding coordinator, was so awesome. She is a true expert in her profession. She is so personable and did a great job making us comfortable and reduced our stress. She sent sweet... Read More text messages throughout the planning that just made us at ease. She was a true blessing on our wedding day and did not miss a beat. The ballroom itself was so stunning! The first time I saw it, I gasped from the beauty. I knew that I had found the perfect venue.

Reviewed on 9/23/2016 Jessica M

My reception was 100% PERFECT thanks to Rebecca and the wonderful staff at the Federal Ballroom. Rebecca was so accommodating and let me drop some things off at The Federal Ballroom early. She patiently listened to how I wanted things set up. And, when we arrived, everything was... Read More perfect! The food tables, cake table, the lighting, the seating was so perfect. When we first arrived, Rebecca made sure I had everything I needed and was calm and collected. She made sure my (new!) husband and I were able to eat in a private dining area before entering the reception. From there on, Rebecca and her staff were checking on us the entire night and kept everything going smoothly. We never had an empty glass! Rebecca let us pick up our decorations and such the next day and was so wonderful to help us load the car. They pack up food from the reception to give to the wedding couple and their parents so you can enjoy it later that evening - and it was so good! Rebecca also asked if we wanted to give any excess food to charity/homeless shelter which we did because we thought that was such a wonderful way to give back and not waste anything. I cant say enough wonderful things about Rebecca and The Federal Ballroom. I had an amazing, fun-filled wedding reception thanks to everyone at the Federal Ballroom. I received so many compliments on the venue from guests on how much they loved the venue, the food, the bartenders, the atmosphere. It was the best experience and far exceeded my expectations. Everything was so perfect! I would recommend the Federal Ballroom, and Rebecca and her team, 100% for any event! They are wonderful!!

2016-09-24T11:45:30 Response from the vendor

Jessica, Thank you so much! I enjoyed every moment! Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Omishan O

Best word to describe my experience at the Federal Ballroom is PERFECTION!!! From beginning to end, it was wonderful. Rebecca, the wedding coordinator, was absolutely amazing. She was accommodating, accessible, and extremely resourceful. She acted as my day-of-coordinator and... Read More handled every previously discussed detail to the letter. My reception was very involved (300 guests and multicultural) and Rebecca and her staff made sure that I had nothing to worry about. She oversaw all of my vendors' setups and breakdowns allowing my wedding day to be stress free. And I can't forget to mention the food and drinks, provided by their in-house caterer, Capdeboscq Catering. It was to do die for. We received so many compliments on the the service, the delicious food, and the very liberal drinks. It's been almost 5 months since my wedding day and we are all still talking about how smoothly and beautifully everything was executed. No stone was left unturned and it made for the most memorable night of our lives! We are so pleased with our choice of reception venue and would highly recommend The Federal Ballroom; take my word for it, you will not regret it!!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Corey N

Every single step of the wedding was easy when working with Rebecca at the Federal Ballroom. She made wedding planning easy and stress-free! She was so wonderful to work with, always responded quickly. Our attendant the night of the wedding never let our drinks go cold or empty!... Read More The staff was very friendly and easy to work with. They were extremely organized and kept things on schedule. The room itself is the perfect mix of elegance and New Orleans glam. Our guests could not stop telling us how much they loved the venue! It was a perfect venue for a perfect night! Thank you so much Rebecca, we loved working with you!!

Reviewed on 7/27/2016 Angie C

My wedding at the Federal Ballroom was absolutely perfect! Rebecca is such a pleasure to work with and helped bring to life all of my ideas! Everything ran smoothly and I could not have had a better night! All of their vendors were terrific and I highly suggest booking them for... Read More anyone's wedding! Thanks Rebecca!

2016-07-27T18:41:22 Response from the vendor

Angela & David Thank You So Much! I enjoyed your wedding celebration! What a Fabulous Wedding Day! Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 7/14/2016 Hope F

Our reception at the Federal Ballroom was everything I could have ever wished for and more for my wedding. Our experience met and exceeded all of my wedding day dreams! The Ballroom itself is exceptionally elegant and beautiful. We especially loved the high ceilings, beautiful... Read More tall columns, floor-to-ceiling windows, lovely lighting, and large dance floor with a great area for the band. Being able to have Rebecca as the wedding coordinator is what made our experience at the Federal Ballroom so fantastic. She is absolutely wonderful to work with! The decision to forgo hiring a wedding planner for a New Orleans wedding can be a little stressful and worrisome. but Becca made all of those concerns go away. She helped throughout the entire wedding process and was always willing to give her advice and expertise for our wedding planning. We visited the Federal Ballroom a few times before the wedding and enjoyed each visit with Becca. The day of the wedding, Becca took care of everything! We didn't have to worry about anything and put it all in Becca's hands. Once we arrived at the reception, Becca took charge of getting the wedding party in, serving a dinner to the groom and I, bringing us up for the first dance, bringing us back down when it was time to leave, etc. The service was excellent, and the food was absolutely delicious. We loved that we were able to pick so many different foods and that we had many great New Orleans classics to choose from. Our guests went on and on about how much they enjoyed everything. They especially appreciated having the hor d'oeuvres and cake passed around and how attentive the staff was. Our reception was the absolute best and so much fun. The night went without a single hitch. I know this had to do with the planning and all of the behind the scenes work that Rebecca did. My husband and I, as well as my parents, felt very tended to throughout the whole evening, and the whole process. Our reception at the Federal Ballroom was beyond our expectations and absolutely wonderful. I am grateful for the amazing service from Becca, Capdeboscq and everyone involved, and I am incredibly happy to have chosen the Federal Ballroom. We will cherish our happy memories from our wedding reception there always.

2016-07-14T16:20:08 Response from the vendor

Thank you so very much! Rebecca OMeara

Reviewed on 7/07/2016 MARY CATHERINE H

I can not get over how perfect his venue was for our special day. From start to finish, Rebecca and her staff made the whole planning process painless and easy. From allowing me to come in beforehand on multiple occasions to try out ideas to even decorating the venue for me! The... Read More staff was very professional and prompt, making sure all wedding events were taken care of (cake cutting, refilling our drinks, our dinner, etc.) The food was absolutely fantastic as well! Our guests are still talking about how amazing the food and bar were for the reception. Rebecca was a total dream and I couldn't be more appreciative. She truly went above and beyond to make the evening perfect. I would HIGHLY recommend The Federal Ballroom to any one- especially those who are expecting a larger group ( as we had about 400 people ). I would give this location at Rebecca 10 stars if I could.

Reviewed on 7/02/2016 Chelsie L

When my husband and I started looking for venues, we knew we wanted a New Orleans wedding, but didn't know what type: plantation, quarter, etc. We live in Houston so we went to NOLA for the weekend and saw 10 venues in 2 days! Once we went to the Federal Ballroom, we knew we... Read More found our place and let me tell you why... First of all, the space is beautiful and so full of rich new Orleans history (the old federal reserve). My favorite part is the floor to ceiling windows! Second of all, the location is perfect. It is across canal from the quarter, but close enough to the quarter to still have the NOLA feel. Lastly and MOST importantly is REBECCA! She is beyond words amazing! As I mentioned, we live in Houston and I did not have a wedding planner. Well, I didn't need one with her. She helped me with EVERYTHING. And when I say everything, I mean everything...flowers, bands, 2nd line bands, 2nd line permits, food, cake, chairs, dance floor, decorating. She even went to get my 2nd line permit for me so that I was able to spend more time with my family and friends during the week of the wedding. When she tells you that your wedding will be everything you ever dreamed of, you should listen and not worry one bit! Our family and friends still rave about our wedding and it would absolutely not have happened without her! Thank you to Rebecca and all at the Federal Ballroom that gave us a night we will never forget!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Brianne H

Rebecca and her staff were amazing! They did everything to make sure that our wedding was the best day of our lives! We loved every minute of it! If we could do it all over again, we wouldn't change a thing! We highly recommend the Federal Ballroom!!!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Abby L

I would tell anyone planning a wedding in the city to have their reception at the Federal Ballroom! Rebecca is absolutely amazing and will make sure that you have the wedding of your dreams. I love how they entire staff scheduled the entire night and made sure it flowed... Read More wonderfully. Rebecca was wonderful at helping with anything during the wedding planning process, such as vendor suggestions and calming down my stresses right up to the day of the wedding! The entire staff was so attentive to our needs during our reception and we could not have asked for better. Also, the food provided by Capdeboscq was second to none and his presentations are amazing. The entire staff was wonderful and extremely professional. If I could give the Federal Ballroom more stars I would!

2016-07-01T19:58:56 Response from the vendor

Merci Abby & Phillip Dr & Mrs Our greatest love to you as you enjoy the Journey of your marriage Rebecca O'Meara

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Lorraine Z

I had the best New Years Eve wedding ever at the Federal Ballroom- Becca made my wedding the party of the year that everyone is still talking about six months later.

2016-07-01T12:22:27 Response from the vendor

Lorraine & Dan, This was my first New Year's Eve wedding! I enjoyed your Ceremony, Reception, and all that Confetti! What a way to bring in the the New Year. P.S. You left some of your pieces of confetti here. They come out from time... Read Less Read More

Reviewed on 6/30/2016 Elizabeth S

Our reception and experience at the Federal Ballroom were beyond amazing!! If I could give it (and Rebecca!) 10 stars, I absolutely would. From our first visit 14 months before the wedding to the very last moment of our reception, and even the day after our wedding, we were... Read More extremely well taken care of by Rebecca and her team. As an out of town bride planning from afar, Rebecca was so helpful with her vendor recommendations and knowledge. She patiently answered all of my questions beforehand and literally went the extra mile on our wedding day--When she noticed our cups for the second line ( which was from St. Louis Cathedral to the Federal Ballroom) were mistakenly left at the Ballroom just 30 minutes before the ceremony, she rode with a policeman to hand deliver them to the Cathedral for us. Rebecca and her team truly care and will do everything they can to make sure that your wedding day runs as smoothly and happily as possible. I will say that the one thing I was even semi-nervous about was the food, but mainly because I am not a huge seafood person. However, Capdebosq's catering and service also exceeded our expecations and provided the best wedding food I have ever had! (My favorites were the fried turkey carving station and mini muffaletas btw.)..Many of our guests went out of their way to tell us how much they enjoyed the food and how much fun they had at the reception. Really you can't ask for more than that! I just wish we could do it all over again:)

2016-06-30T18:27:15 Response from the vendor

Thanks Elizabeth and Sean! Your wedding was a true New Orleans Wedding with all the works! I enjoyed meeting your family and friends. Our Love, Rebecca O'Meara

Meet The Events Director