Simply Artistic

As a cinematographer, editor and colorist, I work in boutique style and believe in hand-crafted work that rises from heart. No matter it's a wedding, event, dance performance, music video or film, I hunt for artistic moments behind the lens when I film, and edit with a poetic storyboard in mind. I enjoy subtlety and the beauty of random sequence, yet balance them with logic and sense of flow. I don't stuff myself with formulas; every piece of project is a new beginning for me, an opportunity to seek creativity at its best.

Artistic, Classic, Documentary, Dramatic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Weddings, Online Proofing, Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Full-Length Video, Highlight Video, Video, Photo + Video

72 Middlesex Rd, Matawan, NJ (201) 546-0455

Reviewed on 5/28/2016 Ashley P

I feel like I hit the jackpot with Fen! Our wedding videos are absolutely my favorite part of the day! I have watched them countless times already. Fen is incredible! You would have thought I had three videographers at my wedding with how much footage she captured. She is truly... Read More talented when it comes to video and editing and it shows in her work. It's clear she's passionate about what she does. I was not going to get a videographer and reached out to Fen last minute. She was quick to respond and made me feel so confident and comfortable. We barely knew she was there and our videos are somethings I will treasure the rest of our lives.

Excellent Wedding Videography!

Reviewed on 10/01/2015

Fen did an AMAZING job on our wedding video!! She dedicated her entire day to our wedding and was very professional the entire time. She was very responsive to my emails leading up to the day and she was ever-willing to drive to multiple stops on the day of in order to capture... Read More it all- and she really did capture everything. Fen was so easy to work with, and she created a very clean & creative video in just a couple weeks after the wedding. It is a video that we will cherish forever and watch over and over again throughout our lives. It is everything we were looking for- and at half the price that others were charging for much less! We are so happy we chose Fen to record our wedding, and we would highly recommend her to others!!

Reviewed on 12/28/2016 Jade c

I had the pleasure of working with Fen for our Wedding on 10/29/16. She was fantastic in every way. I was so forcunate to find her. She is a master of her craft. I absolutely love our wedding video, and our highlight is so beautiful it brought me to tears. Fen is so talented &... Read More professional. You didn't even know she was there, staying inconspicuous yet still capturing every magical moment. After our ceremony we went to an undisclosed location, and Fen hustled quickly with all her equipment to capture those special shots. I couldn't be more pleased with Fen's work and I promise you from one bride to another if you choose to work with this amazing woman, you won't be disappointed. Thank you Fen for making our Wedding come to life on the big screen. We are forever grateful to you and can not thank you enough. ❤

Reviewed on 12/16/2016 Alexandra K

Fen was amazing! she was so flexible and work with us to figure out the right package we needed . She was also really flexible in us adding on additional services after the event like the highlight snippet and other things. She was professional and friendly and worked really... Read More well with my photographer which was great. Highly recommend Fen for the value and quality of product she produces, top notch!

Reviewed on 11/05/2016 Kiah S

I booked Fen for my August wedding and loved working with her! She was very professional and many of my friends said they didn't even notice she was there. She captured so many great moments and so many behind-the-scenes shots. I love her artistic eye, she is truly talented. She... Read More even traveled to a couple different locations to shoot as much as she could. I would definitely recommend her and work with her again! Thank you Fen!

Reviewed on 10/30/2016 Justin P

Fen is awesome! From the first time we met her to the big day, she was always professional and very easy to work with it. We had a great experience working with Fen. We assumed doing an Indian wedding would be very difficult and over-bearing for Fen, but she knew lot of the ins... Read More and outs which we didn't even know about! She was always one step ahead of the game on all aspects of the big day. We loved the end product and highlight video she provided us within a quick turnaround time. Anyone looking for a high quality professional videographer, look no further! We will definitely be referring our friends and family members to Fen in the future.

Reviewed on 10/28/2016 Sherri G

While wedding planning, my husband and I initially decided not to get a videographer. With all the wedding expenses, we thought this was one we could do without, but as the wedding date approached, we started to double think our decision. With only a few weeks left to our... Read More wedding, we didn’t even know where to start looking, but knew we wanted someone at a reasonable price. Our photographer had recommended Fen and as soon as we started talking, we were confident we needed Fen at our wedding. Fen was not only reasonably priced, but also extremely professional and the quality of her footage was amazing. Everyone’s right when they say their wedding day is like a blur, and it was so nice to be able to sit back and watch the edited footage and share the highlight video with friends and family. I would highly recommend Fen to anyone looking for a videographer. She left such a great impression that one of my guests getting married next month booked her right after attending our wedding.

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Erin L

Fen shot my wedding on 10/8/16 and was such a pleasure to deal with! She was flexible and willing to work within our tight budget. The day of the wedding despite the rain she was able to get some great shots. She was also very unobtrusive, which was great. I'm not the type of... Read More person that likes being the center of attention (which is hard on your wedding day), but I barely noticed that she was there. The video quality is amazing as well. I would recommend Fen 100% without a doubt!

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Ryan F

Fen was extremely professional and very thorough in her preparation and set up. She got to know us prior to the wedding and on the wedding day she stayed in the background while still capturing the key moments from multiple angles. Her footage was shot artfully, capturing little... Read More moments and small details while still getting the feel of the event as a whole. Her editing was wonderful. We got the package that include all of the edited footage from the day (which I highly recommend) and a short highlight video. Both were done beautifully and in a timely manner. I highly recommend Fen to anyone who wants their event captured professionally. She is so easy to work with and truly a steal!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Jeremy F

This is a copy of a review we posted on Wedding Wire... We hired Fen as our wedding videographer. Initially, we didn't really want a videographer, but the bride's dad requested it so we obliged. We are very happy we did. We only skyped and emailed with Fen before the wedding... Read More day, but she was always very responsive to any questions or requests we had leading up to the wedding day. The day of the wedding, Fen showed up on time and was ready to start filming. We were in the middle of pictures when she arrived, so we didn't really get to say hi or set her up, but she went right ahead and did her thing. The equipment she uses is small and unobtrusive and she was nothing but professional the entire day. We just got our edits back (3.5 weeks after the wedding, very reasonable turnaround time) and they are fantastic. Despite blending into the background so well during the wedding, Fen was able to capture all of the important moments and then some! The video quality is exceptionally high and the edits are well done. We fully recommend Fen!

Reviewed on 10/13/2016 Nicole H

Finding a videographer was one of the hardest parts of wedding planning for us. We wanted someone who could shoot high-quality work at a reasonable price, and Fen certainly delivered. Fen was incredibly professional and was able to capture multiple angles all by herself! Her... Read More dedication and enthusiasm are evident in the work she produces. Thank you, Fen for capturing our special day!

Reviewed on 10/02/2016 Bianca S

Simply Amazing!

Reviewed on 9/20/2016 Sarah H

My husband and I had an amazing experience working with Fen! She was so easy going and has an amazing eye! The video came out fantastic! I was hestitant at first to hire a videographer because of the added cost to our budget, but Fen offers a reasonable price option and her... Read More work is impeccable! I am so happy we decided to hire her. We will now have our wedding day captured beautifully and be able to watch it whenever we want!

Reviewed on 7/01/2016 Feiin L

Fen is very a professional and artistic videographer. She never bothers me at the wedding, and everything was done smoothly. I love the highlight that she put together. I am sure I will love it even more after ten years pass !

Reviewed on 5/23/2016 Stephanie B

We were beyond pleased with Fen Video Production! Fen was recommended to us by our photographer and we couldn't be more thankful to have had her video our wedding. She was so amazing and captured every moment of our wedding. We, with out a doubt, recommend Fen for your special... Read More event!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Priya J

Fen was a pleasure to work with. She came the day before to the rehearsal to meet the photographer and go over the shooting locations on site. She came to the hotel early the day of the wedding to start recording the bride and groom preparation. Her editing style is quite unique... Read More and modern. She gave us an impressive trailer, short film and full feature length all on blu ray discs to keep. Her storytelling skills were on display through the short film as she strayed away from the typical chronological format to really weave in and out through the day. We enjoyed reliving the day through her eyes as it was quite impressive for her to capture it all by her self. Her services are really affordable and yet the quality of the products stay unaffected. She offered to make multiple copies of the blu ray discs for our family which was quite sweet of her.

Reviewed on 10/16/2015 Kathie Y

Fen is so wonderful! She is so flexible and insightful with coordinating with the couple and family members. Her professionalism truly shines as she is always aware of her surroundings, and how to get the best shot, working with our photographers (by Monica Mendoza Photography).... Read More Our final product is everything we imagined and more! We've watched it a couple times and have shown multiple friends. We're so glad she documented our story, and we're sure you wont be disappointed if you let her do the same for you :)

Wedding-09/07/2014

Reviewed on 10/05/2015

Initially, my husband and I decided not to get a videographer for our wedding because of our tight budget. Later on during the planning process, we realized that we wanted something that we can watch and share to our family & friends who couldn't attend the wedding. Since this... Read More is the most happiest day of our lives, we ended up looking for a videographer. I came across Fen via Craigslist. When I saw her work through her website, I know that Fen will be great for our wedding. Fen is very professional, talented and most importantly, she is passionate with her work. From the beginning even up till now, she keeps in touch with you. Any questions you have, she will answer. I recommend Fen to anybody who is looking for a videographer, not just for weddings but also for any events. The video copies/DVDs/Blu-Ray from Fen is definitely worth treasuring. Thanks again, Fen.

Fen

My name is Fen. I have been a filmbuff since childhood, and this is how I learned film-making for the most part - I watch how they cut from scene to scene to get the story going, the camera angles of those amazing shots, the framing. Then as I grew older, as the chemistry and urgency built up, I jumped behind the camera lens and started the career as cinematographer and editor. These days I film about 40 weddings a year, work with musician and dancers to make music videos and performance videos, and collaborate with a number of indie filmmakers in the area of cinematography and editing.