Fern Hollow

Bar + Drinks, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

1195 Taylor Cutoff Road, Sequim, WA

Nickles and Dimes

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Robyn R

Two reasons we didn't choose Fern Hollow for our venue: the owners seemed a bit pretentious, and they charge you extra for every little thing. You want me to pay $250 extra for the "italian lights" that pretty much everyone wants at their wedding? Come on. Just add that into you... Read More initial fee and charge someone if they want you to take them down. Lots of other little fees like that. No thanks.

disappointing

Reviewed on 2/10/2014 Sunny S

Fern Hollow is a beautiful venue for a wedding. The grounds are meticulously kept, and are truly breathtaking. Sadly, that's where my praise for the venue ends. My husband and I celebrated our wedding there a couple weeks ago. While the grounds are some of the most beautiful... Read More around, the same can't be said about the owners. I have a lot of feedback that I could share, but I feel like my experience with the owners, and their lack of hospitality, can be summed up with the following, unfortunate example: Sequim experienced HEAVY rains the day of our wedding. Heavy. Around 2pm, our pastor and his wife pulled up to Fern Hollow, to prepare for our 3pm ceremony. Myself and my bridesmaids rented Fern Hollow for lodging, and three of our cars were parked on the property, as is permitted. There were many parking spaces left available. Upon seeing our cars, our pastor pulled onto the venue and was abruptly stopped by the one of the venue owners. My pastor said, "Hi, I'm the pastor performing the ceremony this afternoon, and I happen to be a double amputee. Can my wife and I park on the property with the other cars here?" The owner replied, "I'm a double knee replacement, what's the big deal?" The owner had my pastor, and his wife, park across the street, walk through two gravel lots through the rain to get to our ceremony. I didn't hear about this until we had dinner at his house this week, and I am appalled. My husband and I, as well as my guests didn't have the best experiences with the owners, but we were going to sweep it under the rug... Until I heard this. I'm sorry to share such a negative review, but I honestly feel like it's my responsibility, after hearing the way my pastor was treated. The owner made my 86 year old grandmother, and my husband's 76 and 75 grandmothers do the same when they asked if they could park on the property, in the parking lot. The owner didn't even allow them to be dropped off on the property. They too had to walk across a busy road, through gravel lots, in the rain, with their canes, to get to our wedding. Disappointing.

TO Fern Hollow