Fifth Third Field and Hensville

Toledo, OH

Start Your New Life At Hensville

Fifth Third Field and Hensville offer a wide range of festive spaces & unique party places that are available year round. Enjoy breathtaking views overlooking downtown Toledo from spectacular rooftop decks. Our newly renovated indoor party rooms are dynamic, flexible, and rich in historical character.

• Outdoor - Covered

Ballroom, Historic Venue, Loft, Park, Restaurant, Rooftop, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Food + Catering, Planning, Service Staff

406 Washington St., Toledo, OH (419) 725-4392
INSTAGRAM

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Ashley c

I wasn't sure where I wanted to have my wedding and I met Angie at a bridal show. I set up a meeting and from there I was hooked. I had no idea how to plan a wedding and Angie went above and beyond to give me a great reception and help me with all the details. Our reception... Read More was in the Bird Cage and it was amazing!!! I did not have to worry about setting up or clean up. All of our guests had a great time. The food was amazing and all of the staff was great. It Was the wedding I imagined it would be. Thanks Angie 😀

Reviewed on 9/15/2015

We are so glad we had our reception at Fifth Third Field. We were looking for a venue that wasn't a 'big room with no windows' but that still had all the amenities of a regular banquet center and this was PERFECT. Our guest loved the uniqueness of the venue and it will be... Read More something that always stands out for them. I loved that Angie and her team handled everything!! From set up to take down, her team was on top of everything which is so important on the day of the wedding because I didn't want my mom or anyone else in the family worrying about details, cleaning up, etc. We loved the whole experience and appreciated Angie's willingness to work with us to make just about anything possible. From start to finish, I couldn't have asked for a better wedding planning experience. I would highly recommend Fifth Third Field!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Morgan C

Our reception at Fifth Third Field was perfect! Angie and Amy were fantastic to work with - they were so responsive and helpful! The food was delicious, our guests raved about it! The venue is so unique and our guests were so impressed. All of the little details were wonderful,... Read More such as our photos scrolling on the video boards above the field! Though it was at a ballpark, everything was still very elegant and like the reception I had always wanted, just with a fun twist! The staff was great, you could tell they enjoyed their jobs! It was such a great evening at a wonderful venue!!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Brooke S

We had our wedding at the Top of Nine location. 5 star review because Ann is a rockstar! She was such a pleasure to work with since day one. She always answered emails promptly, worked with us on our menu selection, helped decorate the venue, and stayed for the whole... Read More ceremony/reception to make sure things were running smoothly. Ann made sure my husband and I were able to be stress free so we could enjoy our big day. I will say the food isn't the greatest for how awesome the venue and the nine restaurant is. Also, inside of the venue was really hot despite having the air on. Other than that it was beautiful. The guests would not stop raving about the rooftop space for the ceremony and reception. They said it didn't even feel like they were in Toledo! Thank you Ann for making our big day amazing!

Reviewed on 6/12/2017 Dana B

We decided to book The Armory and Rooftop for our reception venue after a tour with Cassandra, when the building was still under construction. We loved it and knew it was the perfect location before it was even completed ! Cassandra was our coordinator and went above and beyond... Read More throughout the entire planning process. So much so that it seamed like we had our own personal wedding planner at times! Once the construction finished, the room was amazing! From the exposed brick, ceiling beams with unique light fixtures to the awesome view on the roof top- we could not have been more happy with the space. Our months of plannning were carried out without any problems and the day of the wedding all the staff were helpful and on schedule. Cassandra stayed into the night to make sure everything was running smoothly. The food was excellent and several guest complemented it and the bar selection. We had perfect weather and the comfortable furniture on the roof top made it easy to take the entire party upstairs for the night. Our dj even had access to play from the rooftop sound system! It was everything we could have hoped for and more. It's an awesome place for couples who want to add an outdoor element but at the same time don't want to stress about the weather bc you have an inside alternative. We Highly recommend Hensville to anyone!

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Jessica S

We cannot say enough good things about this venue, nor do we cease in getting compliments on how amazing our wedding and reception were! Angie Dixon and the staff were a dream to work with, to the point that I was labeled a "bridechilla" since I had absolutely nothing to worry... Read More about!! Our guests complimented us immensely on the staff on the day of, too! They were constantly making sure everything went perfectly and we couldn't be more grateful.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

I was part of a wedding here last weekend , and let me tell you- huge mess! The Coordinator was nowhere to be found the day of the wedding, and left a few minutes into the rehearsal. She hung up on the groom and was snapping at anyone who asked her a question. The couple was... Read More promised reserved parking but the coordinator, Angie, failed to mention that there was a parade downtown and parking would be blocked off. I was especially shocked when she chose the moment of their photos to approach them for payment. .. Even though the groom had been trying to contact her that entire day to pay. Why she thought the moment of their first look was a good time to interrupt , is beyond me. My advice to any bride or groom would be to ask for any coordinator beside Angie, or just find a different venue.

Reviewed on 8/19/2016

Our experience was clearly very different from previous reviews. Perhaps the sudden growth of Hensville has put the coordinator, Angie, in over her head. Initially, Angie was a dream, but then we paid our deposit. From that point, Angie became absent-minded and often physically... Read More absent. It became nearly impossible to get her to reply to email (her preferred method of communication), to the point we were forced to write multiple emails and leave phone messages before getting a response. The problem with her eventual responses was that she would only answer one of the several questions, leading to additional emails and waiting for the rest of the questions to be answered. This may have been a tactic on her part to avoid having her false promises on paper. I'd advise that you get anything she tells you can be done, written because she will go back on what she says often. Pay attention to her written and spoken word too, she likes to wordsmith conversations to benefit her stance/objectives. Angie canceled our first tasting, but still arranged for us to meet to go through the space and then failed to show up. Citing she never said she would be there, just we could be. This trip we found that the space we selected for our ceremony was nothing like we had seen or Angie had promised. We loved the exposed brick and beams that fit our industrial chic design ideas. This was replaced with carpet and drywall. That's fine, but Angie failed to communicate these changes for months after knowing the space design had changed. It only got worse as we got closer to our wedding day. The mother of the bride was so irritated by Angie, she went to Hensville offices and waited for her to arrive so she could actually have questions answered. Our rehearsal was a nightmare. Angie left after 10 minutes, leaving us to coordinate the ceremony ourselves with a first time officiant. The day before and of our wedding, Angie continued her rude, confrontational demeanor. Because she failed to provide a correct itinerary up until we sent the fifth revision two days before our wedding, we did not have a proper invoice for final payment. Angie felt the appropriate time to get this was when our timeline, on the invoice, showed we were having our first look. Even though I called her upon arrival, hours prior to this important moment, and she knew I was handling final payment. She hovered over us while we were having photographs taken until she was given a credit card. Her professionalism is non-existent. She nearly ruined one of the most important days a couple can share.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016 Nahdia S

I don't even know where to start with how amazing Angie and the rest of the Hensville team I! Angie was so accommodating to all of our wants and needs to make our big day extra special!! The views at Hensville are absolutely incredible! We were the first wedding at Hensville... Read More and I am so thankful we were able to get this location! We had our ceremony on the rooftop, I didn't even feel like I was in Toledo!! The staff was so friendly and overly helpful through out the entire day! The food was tremendous, I cannot believe how many compliments we received on how amazing the food was! If you are looking for a venue, be sure to check out Hensville and everything they have to offer. You truly will not be disappointed! Thank you again Hensville for everything, we couldn't have dreamed of anything more!!

Reviewed on 4/25/2016

We decided on having just the reception for our wedding at Fifth Third Field (reception: Park Inn), and Angie was our contact. This lady rocks it and knows every nook and cranny of how to get her and about a million other jobs done. All of our planning was done remotely - we... Read More live in Texas but had the wedding in Toledo - and Angie handled every detail without breaking a sweat. The week before our wedding, she and her team had curve balls their way because of a snow storm and had to do a bunch of finagling of schedules with various events landing during the same time frame, but she kept us on the straight and narrow none the wiser. She will take care of you and put you at ease from start to finish. The field itself is one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen. You can tell that the greenskeeper treats the field as his baby. It's breathtaking and Toledo is more beautiful because of it. This is a different take for the ceremony and was perfect for us! Also, the suites they offered us to get ready in overlooked the field and added a beautiful element to our day!