The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Betrothed couples looking for a wedding venue with rustic style often choose Fishermen's Inn in Elburn, Illinois. Just 50 minutes from Chicago, this wedding and private event destination offers the ideal blend of natural beauty and elegance. The interior features elements like restored barn wood and stone, and the surrounding property delivers picturesque spring-fed ponds, lush lawn space, gardens and mature oak trees. Fishermen's Inn offers indoor and outdoor areas for a memorable wedding celebration for up to 300 guests, as well as an outdoor cocktail hour option.

The Veranda. This space creates the ideal ambience for saying "I do." Sitting right along the water's edge, guests enjoy the indoor-outdoor experience from the Veranda while watching the wedding ceremony.

The Garden. Couples who prefer an outdoor experience will enjoy a ceremony in the Garden. Lush lawn space, colorful blooms, ponds and waterfalls add to the romantic atmosphere.

The Loft. A host of natural features provide a warm and romantic glow in the Loft. Notable design details include exposed beams and ducting, polished hardwood floors, stone accents and elegant chandeliers. Walls of windows and the adjacent overlook deck offer beautiful views of the property's gardens and ponds.

The Great Room. Polished wood flooring, soaring cathedral ceilings, rustic barn wood accents and romantic lighting make the Great Room a warm and inviting space for a post-nuptial celebration.

The Mill House Patio Bar.Overlooking the ponds and gardens, guests can experience an outdoor cocktail hour on the newly renovated red brick outdoor patio next to the historic Mill House.

Couples who book Fishermen's Inn enjoy exclusive use of the entire facility and grounds for their wedding day. Fishermen's Inn offers two wedding packages: Gold and Platinum. The venue offers a variety of options in each package, making them almost all inclusive including a four-hour bar, four butler-passed hors d'oeuvres during cocktail hour, a custom made wedding cake, a four-course meal, complimentary shuttle service (April - December), as well as many other amazing inclusions.

For more information about wedding packages, menu and pricing, couples can contact Fishermen's Inn directly by phone or through its website.

When choosing a wedding venue, many couples are swayed by special amenities. Extra perks provided by Fishermen's Inn include:

• A 45-minute scheduled wedding rehearsal
  • Flower petals for lining the ceremony aisle
  • Options for inclement weather
  • A bridal suite and groom's dressing area for wedding preparation
  • Event coordination services
  • A champagne toast for all guests
  • Coffee and tea service
  • Floor-length linens in ivory or white
  • Standard black chiavari chairs
  • Onsite security
  • Complimentary votive candles
  • Vegetarian, dietary restriction and children's menu options
  • ADA accessibility
  • Electric golf cart limo service to the outdoor wedding site
  • Before-ceremony iced tea, lemonade or cider (Platinum Package)
  • Specialty snack station (Platinum Package)
  • Complimentary one-year anniversary dinner (Platinum Package)

Rustic Elegance Refined

Fishermen’s Inn welcomes the opportunity to host your wedding. We offer a blend of rustic elegance and natural beauty coupled with professional services and exquisite cuisine to make your wedding an occasion to remember. At Fishermen’s Inn your guests will experience a tradition of excellence long revered and remembered, along with gourmet cuisine and a gorgeous view of our magnificent property. Our team of experienced professionals, commitment to excellence and one of a kind natural setting set us apart from other Northern Illinois venues. We understand the trust and responsibility that is given to us when we partner with you for your special event. We recognize that your choice of where to hold your wedding and/or reception is an important one, and we hope you will consider our venue.

Barn, Waterfront, Garden

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Destination Wedding Packages, Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, Food + Catering, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

43W901 Main Street Road, Elburn, IL (630) 365-9697

Reviewed on 1/11/2017 Kayla R

WOW! WOW! WOW! I cannot say enough great things about the entire staff, the grounds, the food.... every in and out at Fishermen's Inn! My husband and I got married end of July 2016. We worked very closely with Kate and she made all of our dreams come true! I have to admit, I am... Read More EXTREMELY particular about what I like and am sometimes a control freak :) Kate and the entire staff made it so easy for me to release the control while setting my mind at ease. Kate truly understood my vision and offered her expertise. Our wedding happened to fall on the hottest day of the summer... slightly altering our plans (which of course put my anxiety through the roof) however, every single staff member once again took control and I didn't have to worry one bit. Not only, was the planning aspect seamless, our entire night flowed so smoothly. Our guests are still talking about the cocktail hour specialty drinks, flow of the room changes, and of course the delicious food! Again, my husband and I cannot say enough about Fishermen's Inn and how they truly make your dream come true! Way to go Patti, Kate, and the rest of the staff!

Reviewed on 12/05/2016 Michelle K

I was the last person to get married out of all of my friends and had the longest lasting title of "always the bridesmaid.” So when my husband and I got engaged we knew we wanted to have our wedding be something completely different than all the other ones we had attended over... Read More the years. I stumbled upon Fishermen’s Inn on Pinterest and immediately fell in love. It is such a grand and elegant venue that every time you visit you get more and more excited for your big day. The service that they provided from day one was outstanding and impressive. During the beginning planning process, the venue opened their doors to get a glimpse as to how they can make your vision come to life to all future bride, grooms and their families. We were able to see how they set up for ceremonies, dinner and reception; they offered their tasting that day too! I was surprised and very pleased to see that there were about 100+ guests in attendance. I knew that the kitchen was busy and very capable of feeding guests in large quantities. It was delicious too, I don’t think we ate dinner that day! In the loft, they set up examples of table settings and a row of items to rent. Yes, rent! For example, we rented lanterns, mason jars, wood slices for centerpieces which I loved because now that I’m married, those items are not sitting in my guest bedroom collecting dust. That day, we met our wedding coordinators. We had Kate Olson, who was just a delight to work with. She always has a smile on her face and answers to your questions. Fishermen’s Inn is unique because we were able to visit to review our plans and vision with Kate 90 days, 60 days and 30 days prior to the wedding. In between, Kate was always available by email and responded in a timely manner. I don’t know of any of venue that my friends booked that offered this service. During the meetings, you provide a list of your vendors with phone/email, this is crucial because Kate emailed and called each of them and provided them a timeline and answered any questions they may have had a week before. AMAZING!!! Fast forward to the big day… The girls and I got ready at the venue and enjoyed the space. The bridal suite is a girl’s dream room and we were never cramped in there! My hair team was in front of the mirrors and my makeup artist was in the loft. We ordered a hot lunch and salad and each of us were able to sit and eat at some point while getting ready, myself included! The guys arrived later and hung out in the Groom’s Pub downstairs until pictures. A bride’s worst nightmare is to be sick on her wedding day. For whatever reason, I had completely lost my voice. The staff always had hot tea and honey on standby for me throughout the whole day. I swear that was only thing I was ever concerned about that day was my voice. I knew my bridesmaids, Kate and the Fishermen’s Inn knew what I wanted and executed without a hitch. I could not have been more pleased to have my wedding at Fishermen’s Inn. I wish I could do it all over again and maybe it wouldn’t go by so fast so I can actually remember parts of it  They say you only get one day, so make sure you do it right. Fishermen’s Inn got it right!!! 

Reviewed on 5/24/2017 Ariana C

We are so thankful that we hosted our wedding at Fishermen's Inn. The venue is absolutely beautiful- classic, rustic, elegant and clean. The service was impeccable-down to every detail. They were professional, supportive and skilled. The food and beverages were perfect! It... Read More was everything we could have imagined. Can't thank them enough!

Reviewed on 12/15/2016 Lauren C

Fishermens Inn was an absolutely beautiful venue. The staff is well trained and very attentive to the guests. The food was delicious and presentation was great! The wedding coordinators are wonderful and helped to make the day so beautiful and enjoyable for everyone !!

Reviewed on 12/07/2016 Lauren B

Kate, Patti and the entire Fishermens Inn staff went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was perfect!!! The venue is gorgeous, the food is amazing and the staff treated us like family!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Leslie M

Our daughter just got married here on August 5, 2016. We couldn't have been more pleased with the venue and staff. Having a culturally infused wedding, they worked very hard with us to accommodate our special requests of adding Puerto Rican touches to food and many extra... Read More details in décor and the timeline. While our timeline did not go as planned (due to extended toasts), the staff was extremely respectful and gracious and made the evening a most memorable and joyful event. Our guests were very complementary of the beauty of the venue, the exceptional service and cuisine. Many of our closest friends just came back with us for their Thursday night patio event of cocktails, small plates and live music. We LOVE this place, and Patti and Linda are tops when it comes to personal and professional service. Can't recommend it more highly!

Reviewed on 7/23/2016

Our daughter got married here on 6/12/16. It was absolutely excellent!!! Patti and the staff were terrific throughout the entire process. The grounds were beautiful and the food was superb!! This was an outstanding experience that we will always treasure!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Ashley H

I cannot say enough about how wonderful my experience with Fishermen's Inn was from start to finish!! The staff and venue FAR exceeded my expectations as a bride, and my husband and I will forever be grateful for the beautiful memories they helped us create on our wedding day!... Read More The venue and grounds are spectacular in their own right. The warmth of the refurbished barn wood interior served as the perfect backdrop for us to build upon as we designed our dream wedding. The high ceilings are stunning, and there are so many unique design elements that make this venue unforgettable. Because of this, there are numerous fabulous locations, both inside and out, for truly memorable photography. Furthermore, the entire place is spotless! I was so impressed with the cleanliness of the building, right down to the restrooms. What really makes this place so special, and what really sold me on Fishermen's Inn, is the STAFF!! I can truly say that I was blown away at the kindness, professionalism, and attention to detail of the Fishermen's Inn staff. I was so impressed with how much leg work the coordinators and management put into the planning process with us ahead of our event. We had a number of meetings with our coordinators in which we collaborated to build a uniquely personal event. By the time we were two weeks out from our wedding, I was completely confident that Fishermen's Inn knew the details of our wedding timeline even better than I did! The peace of mind that this affords a bride is priceless! Furthermore, the staff contacted and distributed our timeline to each of our vendors for us!! I was able to truly enjoy our wedding day with confidence that all of the behind the scene details were under control. Additionally, I want to say a word about the rain contingency plan!! Our ceremony was originally planned to take place at the outside ceremony location. However, early that morning, clouds began to roll in. The Fishermen's Inn staff was so understanding and accommodating. They monitored the whether (along with my mom and my bridesmaids) and gave me updates as the morning progressed. Then they helped me (based on professional experience) to make the RIGHT decision to move the event inside. Rain began to fall at the exact time that our wedding began. Although, this was not where I originally envisioned our ceremony would be, the inside ceremony location at Fishermen's Inn is honestly stunning! The room has so much natural light emitting from numerous floor to ceiling windows, and the way in which our arch was placed made it look like we were surrounded by water on either side of the ceremony site! It was beautiful. Since our wedding, we have received so many compliments from our family and friends about the beauty and FUN of the event! The food was unbelievably delicious, the service impeccable, and overall, our entire event was truly a dream come true! We were treated like family, and we will be forever grateful! I would HIGHLY recommend Fishermen's Inn for all of your wedding needs!

Reviewed on 6/24/2016 Kim J

Our wedding day was the BEST DAY EVER. Being a planner, and a bit OCD, people kept coming up to me throughout the night telling me how calm I seemed. This is all due to the staff at Fishermen’s Inn. They were the most helpful, assertive, and kind staff and our day went so... Read More incredibly smoothly because of them. They were easy to get a hold of and answered all of our questions from the moment we signed our contract. They went above and beyond our expectations – to the point where they had set up all of our décor just how we had described it! Kate, Patti and Sally (and the rest of the staff) took all of the stress out of the entire day. Since our wedding day, our guests have been raving about the customer service, food quality and aesthetics of the venue. We have been told by many that it was the best wedding food ever and that it was the most beautiful wedding they have ever attended. That was our goal exactly – to have the most amazing time but also for our guests to enjoy themselves as well. We really don’t have enough wonderful things to say about Fishermen’s Inn. We will definitely be going back on a Thursday to enjoy live music and drinks out on the patio.

Reviewed on 6/22/2016 Cassandra M

I just had my wedding at Fishermen's Inn on June 4th 2016. Fishermen's Inn was the BEST place for my wedding!!!! Not only was it just beautiful inside and out, the staff there were amazing! Since I booked Fishermen's Inn back in April of 2015, they have been working so well with... Read More me to make sure everything was perfect. I was always able to contact and get a hold of someone either via phone or email and get my questions answered right away which was so helpful when dealing with all the vendors and other questions that were thrown at me. The food tasting that we tried was so delicious it made it so hard to pick, so we went with the progressive menu which ending up being a favorite for our entire 230 guest! The staffs there were amazing they took the time for us and all of our guests to make sure that everyone was happy, and trust me everyone was. There was rain the morning of my wedding which made me sad, but Fishermen's worked with me to make sure that my day was still perfect and that is all a bride can ask for. They were there to help me with the tough decisions and that really help make for a perfect wedding day. As a bride I know that it is stressful leading up to the wedding, but the day of I had no stress at all knowing that my wedding was in such good hands. As a bride your always worried about having the perfect wedding, well I can say because of Fishermen’s Inn I did the perfect wedding.

Reviewed on 6/16/2016 Beth B

The one star is for how beautiful the grounds are and the venue itself. I just got married here and had an amazing wedding due to this fact in addition to their amazing food and great bartending staff (shout out to John). However, those are about the only positive things I have... Read More to say about the staff I have dealt with while planning my wedding since November 2014. Unless you have an unlimited budget and quality customer service is NOT important to you, I would suggest looking elsewhere. The venue is gorgeous and will blow you away, but the staff you have to deal with leading up to your wedding will make you wish you had stayed away. I just write this in hopes that I can save a future couple from having to go through the same heartache, stress and tears that I had to. More details in my Yelp review if interested. Best of luck!

Reviewed on 3/16/2016 Lauren O

I had my wedding here in July 2015. WOW. I can't express how wonderful everything was. Patti and Linda worked very closely with me throughout the entire planning process and were absolutely fabulous. First of all, they accommodated several meetings over the course of about 9... Read More months prior to the wedding for me to come to the venue, plot out the space, see samples of tables settings and select the perfect one, meet with the photographer and florist, walk the grounds, and generally give me peace of mind that everything was under control. The ladies walked me through a very detailed timeline and gave me instructions on steps I needed to take to ensure a smooth wedding day. They contacted all of my vendors (baker, florist, DJ, etc) to make sure everyone had the correct delivery information and that each vendor was comfortable with what he or she would be providing the day of. Patti and Linda also brought in several linen, china, and charger samples and set up mock table settings for me to view and decide on. Linda is also an interior designer and has incredible taste and a great understanding of aesthetics! I really relied on her to help me make the room look spectacular (though the room is so gorgeous already that it doesn't need much to accomplish that!). On the day of the wedding, everything went incredibly smoothly. Linda and Patti had introduced me to my day-of helpers who I could go to for anything on the day of, so I was already comfortable moving into the day. Everything was coordinated perfectly, from the timing to the decor to the delicious food and the bars. My guests were VERY impressed with the quality of the food, the gorgeous setting and the ease with which they could get a drink! I got a TON of compliments. Also on the day of the wedding, Patti and I noticed one problem - the linen/china vendor had sent the wrong chargers. They were NOT the ones we had ordered. Fortunately they matched our decor, but both Patti and I were disappointed to see that our carefully selected chargers weren't there. Following the wedding, Patti went to the vendor to complain - the vendor said they had discontinued the chargers we had selected and sent replacements. Well, the vendor never contacted us to see if we LIKED the replacements or anything of the sort, and they were not about to take responsibility for their lack of communication. This did NOT sit right with Patti, and after much back and forth with the vendor, she decided to personally write me a check from Fishermen's Inn to make up for the fact that the vendor made such an error. She did not have to do such a nice thing, but she wasn't happy with the vendor and just wanted to make sure I had the best customer experience possible so she went out of her way to make sure I was happy and that I had a good impression of Fishermen's Inn! Well, I am COMPLETELY impressed with their professionalism and customer service and would recommend them to anyone who was considering hosting a wedding, reception, or other event on their grounds. Thank you to Fishermen's Inn for making the happiest day of my life that much more magical!

Fishermen's Inn

Reviewed on 1/15/2015 Bri G

Fishermen's Inn was the best choice we made for our wedding. We loved the venue, the staff, the food, and the aesthetics of the place. The price is reasonable, and they work so hard on accommodating what you want for your big day. I highly recommend this venue to all!

Beautiful venue-indoor ceremony option over infinity ponds

Reviewed on 12/13/2014

We hosted dtrs wedding in August. This venue is just so pretty. Rustic elegance magnified! It reopened in 2014, after being totally remodeled with spiral oak staircase. Two beautiful rooms with tall oak-beamed ceilings, and huge pane windows bring outdoors in. one room has a... Read More second floor walk-out that overlooks the grounds. And there's plenty of room to walk on the grounds with I think they said 7 freshwater ponds. I'll try to post a video so you can see. The owners were great. Kept their word on things we agreed on verbally. Helped accommodate all our requested details and find ways to make things happen. The downstairs ceremony cite looks like it is set looking out on Infinity ponds. It's just exquisite. Indoors and out! We were able to save money on flowers, because it Is so pretty. And my husband loved that we could have an outdoor feel for the ceremony overlooking the infinity ponds without the heat and humidity. Photographers can have a great time with all the potential. And most of all they really make the bride feel good about her special day. As mother of the bride, I highly recommend Fishermen's Inn in Elburn, il. Our guests still talk about how beautiful it was. I don't work there or know anyone who owns it, but I sense they are good people and trying to run a wonderful, service-oriented business. This video may give a sample of what a ceremony can look like https://vimeo.com/114033046.

Review for Fishermen's Inn

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Sarah W

The outside of the venue had ponds with swans, ducks, and geese. The room was sorround by picture windows that allowed you to look at the scenery. Nice friendly staff that help with every part of the reception planing. The cake was great.

Patti Southern

With its seven spring fed ponds, expanse of gardens and rustic elegant venue, Fishermen's Inn is a little piece of heaven that is hosting weddings and private events throughout the Chicagoland area and beyond! Mark and Patti Southern, Linda Hagen and the remarkable staff at Fishermen's Inn will treat you as part of our family, with amazing service and attention to detail making your experience unforgettable. We look forward to meeting you and learning about your vision for your special day!