Chicago's Most Affordable Professional Wedding DJ

"Professionalism with Personality" is my motto. I am here to make your wedding day stress free, fun, and memorable. I will guide you through the planning stages, and help you decide on and personalize your music and all the traditional wedding activities. Once the big day arrives, I will coordinate, emcee & entertain! You and your guests will be involved and everyone will have an amazing time! I feature pro style DJ equipment, digital MP3 music, computers, and a professional DJ control center. In addition, I offer complimentary modern dance floor lighting, (featuring intelligent LED lighting and DJ booth uplighting), full emcee and wireless mic service, in-person consultations, and a wedding planning booklet to help with the planning process. I'm both owner and DJ for all events

$ – Inexpensive

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Folk, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Latin, Polka, World Music

After Party, Rehearsals + Parties, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music, Planning

Schaumburg, IL Chicago and Chicago Suburbs (847) 269-2070

Reviewed on 9/08/2017 Tamara B

Tom did an excellent job at our wedding! He did exactly what we asked and all of our guests loved the music he played! He is very organized and professional. I would recommend him for any event!

Reviewed on 8/29/2017 Rachael C

Tom has been amazing! Such a nice guy and easy to work with. He helped so much along the way with my wedding needs. Played all the songs we asked of him and he got the crowd up and dancing! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed on 8/23/2017 Esther M

Tom did a nice job and was great to work with! I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a DJ!

Reviewed on 8/21/2017 Alyssa K

Five-O DJ was phenomenal! Let us start off by describing what drew us to Tom and his DJ services. In our search for a DJ we encountered a lot of young DJs, that's not to say anything bad, but they hadn't put nearly as many years into the service like Tom has. He's been in the... Read More industry for decades. Secondly, this isn't his full-time gig, which was important to us, because it showed his commitment to the art. He isn't doing it to make money, he's doing it because he loves it. That was evident in his craft as he worked our wedding. We met with Tom several times before the big day, and he was so helpful. Provided us with lists and tips for selecting our music and when we were stuck or lost on ideas he provided us with a lot of helpful recommendations that helped us create our special day. Day of, Tom was great in reading the event- this includes understanding that extra time was needed for this and that and was super flexible and accommodating in helping the flow of things. Let's talk dance floor! My husband and I were on the dance floor almost the entire night and this is important because my husband is NOT a dancer- I can barely get him to dance if ever, and Tom had him out dancing the whole night! All of our guests raved about the music, and Tom's talent as MC. He kept the night lively, fun and pumping with good tunes up until the last song. We highly recommend Tom for anyone searching for a quality DJ. His talent alone is worth every penny and it's even better that he's affordable in comparison to a lot of DJs that haven't been in the industry as long as he has. He's a worthwhile investment and guaranteed to make your special day as fantastic and dance floor pumping as ours was! Thank you Tom!

Reviewed on 6/20/2017 Peter D

We were so lucky to have found Tom to DJ at our wedding! He is very detailed, fun and professional and helped make our special day more enjoyable. Tom provided us with a workbook to help us plan not only the music but also the order of events at our reception from beginning to... Read More end. From cocktail hour through the grand entrance, dinner, dancing and the last dance the whole evening flowed seamlessly. His lighting setup complimented our wedding colors and highlighted the dance floor. The sound system was perfectly tuned to our hall, neither too loud nor too soft, perfect! Forget the wedding planner, Tom is all you need to create a memorable evening.

Reviewed on 5/30/2017 Michael C

Let me preface this review by saying that I filtered through all the top rated DJs on both the Knot and Yelp. Yes, I sifted through 15+ pages of different companies in the Chicago area on both sites and read all the reviews, researched the pricing, and accounted for what was... Read More included and not included (ceremony, lights/decorations, planning, etc.). Tom's Five-O DJ Entertainment came out to be the best value - no competition. In terms of service for the price, Tom can't be beat - and I say that in the benefit of both Tom (since he's running a phenomenal service) but also for those who are looking for a DJ for their special event. You really don't have to look much further. In terms of our personal experience, we just got married on 5/27/2017. In preparation for the wedding, when Tom met with us, he was both meticulous and professional. He was easy to get in touch with (which was great for correspondence) and incredibly flexible with his own schedule. He had to pull a few strings for us to meet during a busy weekend, and we're incredibly thankful for that. He made the planning process easy (which is a huge boon in context of mitigating stress during the entire planning process), and it's not surprising that his detail oriented personality lends himself to listen to what we, as the customer, wanted. He played all the "must play" songs and avoided all the "do not play songs". When introducing our names, he did an excellent job in making sure to pronounce everything correctly. During the planning meetings he'll sit down to make sure he has all that down. He also kept us on track throughout the entire wedding. Tom also added a nice touch to our event. He'll provide a list of different/special songs or games that he's willing to facilitate - some of which you may or may not like. However, the point is that you can choose whichever games fit your event. It adds a nice personal flavor, and definitely kept the party going. He was also willing to run our Trivia event, which made the the dinner conversation lively! Lastly, he brings his own lights, and he tailors them to fit your wedding decor. It's rare of a DJ to provide their own lights, let alone such terrific ones. If you're having any doubts as to whether hiring the right DJ matters, I would have shared the same sentiment with you before the process, but having Tom's assistance throughout the wedding has certainly enlightened me to adopt a viewpoint otherwise. Our dance floor was vivid until the end and we sincerely thank you for your hard-work, Tom!

2017-05-31T07:19:07 Response from the vendor

Thank you Michael and Tina for your amazing review. You guys were great to work with and I wish you only the best in your new life together!

Reviewed on 4/26/2017 Micaela T

We LOOOOVED Tom! He did exactly what we asked. I threw a bunch of different styles of music at him including Greek songs to play and he did a great job. He kept people on the dance floor and kept them entertained. So many of our guests came to me after saying how amazing he... Read More was! Of course the night threw some curve balls so some of our "must play" songs didnt get played but, it happens. He kept music going that people clearly wanted to dance to. Not only that, I made him a playlist of songs that we liked for dinner and the songs from that playlist that he chose to play were so on point! I had so many guests singing and jamming out at the tables to the music selection. I would recommend him to anyone! He is so professional and so well organized.

2017-04-26T14:07:02 Response from the vendor

Thank you for your great review Micaela. It was my pleasure and thank you for hiring me!

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Gene S

Tom did an awesome job with our wedding. Made it a very special day for us. He is very organized, detailed and professional. We met with him twice prior to the event. During the event he made sure we accomplished everything that we agreed to in advance. We got married on April... Read More 1st and he even came up with an idea for an April fools joke. Thanks Tom! You made our day special, and at a reasonable cost.

Reviewed on 4/05/2017 Gene S

Reviewed on 3/05/2017 Nikki G

Tom took us on with very short lead-time and completely exceeded our expectations. He was incredibly professional and organized. He coordinated the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception for us and I'm still amazed at how smoothly it all went! He was both poised and comical,... Read More the perfect combination of both! He took immense care with all the important details, making the occasion as magical as my new husband and I had dreamed. He helped advise us, honored our requests, went with the feel of the crowd and kept the party going. All of our guests raved about what a good time they had. My husband and I will be forever grateful for Tom's help in making our wedding day one of the most memorable of our lives!!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2016 Tami M

We could not have picked a better DJ if we had spent a decade looking! Tom was classy, fun, and knew how to work a crowd while still highlighting our style. Our guests loved his easy going personality and music choices, our wedding party loved how well he guided them through the... Read More steps of the reception, and my husband and I loved how easy it was to personalize our wedding music through his planning sheet. Our day could have never have been as memorable without him, and our guests are already asking for his information for their upcoming weddings! He has extensive wedding knowledge and works with all of your other vendors to make sure he is on cue while making sure everyone has a great time. Thank you so much, forever, for everything!

Tom Krejczyk

I started DJ' ing as a kid with old fashion turntables and records about 30 years ago preforming at various dances, parties and events. I became a police officer 17 years ago but just couldn't give up my passion for DJ'ing , so I started up my own DJ company in 2010 and currently "patrol the streets by day and DJ by night" so to speak. Because I have a stable income source, I don't DJ just to make money , and its "not just a job to me". It's my passion! As a result, your event gets 110% of all my effort and attention because I love what I do and care that my clients are always satisfied