Florals & Events by Design

Serving Los Angeles/Orange County

Florals & Events by Design

Lorelei and the staff at Florals & Events by Design feel every wedding is unique, and visit each site with the bride. For us, transforming a location into the bride's dream wedding is to create an expression of their love in flowers.

Centerpieces, Vases, Chuppah, Decorations + Accents, Bouquets, Flower Arrangements

Serving Los Angeles/Orange County (805) 551-6970

Reviewed on 4/16/2017 Jessica R

Lorelei is amazing. Thank you so much for working with my budget and making my vision come true! Everyone loved all of the florals arrangements. I kept getting compliments on my pink peony bouquet I loved it. I was a little apprehensive because I did not pay for a mock up of the... Read More floral arrangements. The day of the wedding was the first time I saw all the floral arrangements. However, that didn't matter because Lorelei truly listened to what I had wanted executed it perfectly. Awesome work!

Reviewed on 10/20/2016 Bonnie S

Lorelei, I cannot thank you enough for making our wedding a dream come true. Everything you created was beyond magical! It was truly our fairytale wedding! Thank you for working with us and making our venue so so beautiful! Our guests couldn't stop talking about the... Read More centerpieces!! THANK YOU!!

Reviewed on 8/24/2015 Cynthia M

Amazing***** Thank you for exceeding our expectations, the flowers were beyond beautiful! Days after the wedding the flowers still look and smell amazing! Cynthia & Frank Tapia

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

Lorelei made my dream wedding a reality!!! I can't take all the credit tho, my wedding planner, Jackie Murphy, is the one who found her (I believe she has worked with her previously). I was planning a Los Angeles wedding from Hawaii so I was never able to actually look at any... Read More arrangement examples before the wedding. I just trusted my wedding planner. I described to her exactly what I wanted and it was as if Lorelei read my mind. The decor was even more beautiful than I expected! Lorelei was so sweet and helpful! She was even able to add in my last minute requests. I received so many compliments on the decor. The centerpiece were just fabulous! My sweetheart table amazing! I just cannot express my gratitude enough for the amazing job Lorelei and her staff did. I would highly recommend them for your next wedding or event. Thank you so much Lorelei for all your hard work!

Reviewed on 6/09/2015

Lorelei provided the flowers for my wedding in westlake, CA. Every arrangement was a masterpiece!! I couldn't stop admiring the centerpieces at our reception!! I know nothing about flowers but I am pretty picky about aesthetics. Despite what was probably pretty inarticulate... Read More direction on my part, Lorelei somehow knew exactly what I wanted!! She was on top of everything the day of the wedding. She is a perfectionist and really takes a lot of pride in her work and it definitely shows!!

Reviewed on 5/12/2015 Nancy H

Lorelei and her team did a fabulous job for my recent spring wedding in April 2015. I had a vintage, light blush and gold theme- and Lorelei executed it more beautifully than I had even imagined. People are still raving about the flowers at the wedding! The centerpieces were... Read More full and on beautiful gold candelabras. They were surrounded by 5 small gold votive cups filled with flowers for people to take home! It was such a gorgeous touch and the guests loved them. I showed her a picture of clear cylindrical clear vases wrapped in a gold lace - and she managed to find the exact material and made them look amazing!!!! Besides her impeccable taste in design and in picking the right flowers/colors, Lorelei was so professional and ALWAYS available. I kept changing my budget and she met with me more than once to cater to my style and price point. I cannot recommend her enough! She was the first florist I met with, and I knew I right away that I would go with her. I tried meeting with one other florist after Lorelei, and I did not get the dedication and excitement about flowers as I did with Lorelei. She dedicates her time to the wedding for that weekend, and makes sure everything goes seamlessly perfect. I did not get this feeling from the other florist I met with, who I felt was more distracted and trying to juggle too many clients at once. Lorelei was so genuine and has a true love and dedication to flowers and her clients. Her work is pure perfection! I would consider myself type A and slightly picky when it came to my wedding design, but Lorelei fulfilled all of my hopes for that day. She deserves the highest recommendation!!

Our flowers made the wedding!

Reviewed on 1/30/2015 Bill N

Lorelei with Florals and Events did an amazing job bringing to life the ceremony and reception we envisioned. Beginning with the planning she worked with our ideas and helped us with deciding the best options for not only our budget, but the desired look and feel we wanted. (We... Read More are not the experts in flowers and she guided us through the various options.) It was a pleasure working with her, the flowers are what truly complimented the venue. Our guests were not shy to ask if they could take home the arrangements from the reception. We had so many compliments! She is truly an artist, as well as a pleasure to work with.

Lorelei is Amazing!!

Reviewed on 1/29/2015 Amanda M

Lorelei put my dreams into real life! She was so wonderful to work with. She listened to all my wants and made them come to life. She is extremely knowledgeable of all types of flowers and helped me in selecting flowers that went best with my color scheme and venue. She was... Read More very caring and was the most dedicated in making my day perfect of all my vendors. She was in constant communication with me and quickly answered any questions that I had. I highly recommend Lorelei for any special occasion. She is a vendor that you will not have to stress about!! Thank you Lorelei for making our wedding absolutely beautiful!

Unprofessional

Reviewed on 1/08/2015

Unprofessional. We had decided to go with this florist after meeting with her and paying to see a sample. We had let go of another florist to go with Lorelie and then after telling us that when she got back from her trip she will talk with us, she told us she got booked... Read More already. We wasted our time waiting for her to get back to us and making us fake promises. Really upsetting.

My favourite vendor!

Reviewed on 12/16/2014

Lorelei was by and far my favourite of all the vendors I worked with for my weddings. I had two of them, on two different days, and one was an Indian wedding. She was fantastic from the very beginning. I am not ashamed to say that I knew nothing about flowers when I met her... Read More (all I knew were roses). She very patiently, throughout my wedding journey, helped me and went out of her way for me. She helped us stick to our budget and never tried to push us to get anything more or less than we could. As we had two different days of floral arrangements to think about, she really helped us figure out what would look best and be most feasible in our budget. Since I knew nothing about flowers and she had made me feel so confident in her abilities, I pretty much left everything up to her. I trusted her judgement whenever something was to be decided upon. And boy, am i glad I did that!! On both the days of, she was all over the place helping around and making sure everything was set up perfectly. She was a reassuring and very comforting face on those hectic days. I didn't have to worry even once about the florals; everything was so organised and set up so wonderfully. Both my bouquets were gorgeous! She really made my visions come to life (I was very vocal about how beautiful they had to be!). The ceremony areas looked stunning, even more than I had expected them to. The reception floral arrangements were also beautiful! She had really captured the looks of both the weddings perfectly. The first wedding was all whites, creams and ivory. The second one was unabashedly colourful as most Indian weddings usually are. There were multiple shades of peach, oranges and reds. While the first one was classic and elegant, the second one was vibrant and glamorous; both weddings equally as stunning. Lorelei blew me away at every stage of the planning to the execution. She was an absolute delight and amazing to work with. I cannot recommend her enough! I promise all you brides out there that you will not be disappointed! - Sheena Murray xx

Thank you for making our Wedding special

Reviewed on 10/13/2014

Lorelei Florals & Events My husband and I was so very happy with the service you provided at our wedding. Oh my God, everything was perfect and the flowers, bouquets, boutonnieres, the wedding arch, sweet heart table were all exquisite. We could not have wish for anything... Read More more. Our wedding was a dream come true and you played a huge part in making it so special. God bless you for helping make our dream a reality. We wish you the very best in life.

Beautifully Meticulous Floral Arrangements & Professionalism

Reviewed on 8/14/2014 Susanna C

Lorelei was absolutely a delight to work with, so caring and attentive to every email, meeting, and absolutely delivered on the day of the wedding. She is also very reasonable with pricing and I highly recommend her for any special event. She was amazing at providing the right... Read More guidance and executing our vision with the florals. It was spectacular to see the florals on the day of, and see that vision realized. It was truly the most wonderful day of our lives and I wanted to take the time to thank Lorelei and her team for being such a special part of that journey! We got endless complements on the florals!

Beautiful flowers!

Reviewed on 7/18/2014 Carolyne Y

Lorelei did an amazing job on all of the flowers at my wedding. Each and every arrangement looked absolutely beautiful. Not only is Lorelei talented, but she is also a genuine and kind person who truly cares about her clients. I met with her and communicated over phone and... Read More email with her on numerous occasions to adjust the floral proposal until it was perfect. She was always willing to offer suggestions and alternatives that she knew would look beautiful with our theme and that would also be more cost-effective for our overall budget. Additionally, Lorelei is very organized, and she communicated with our venues to ensure that set-up and transfer would go smoothly. All of the flowers were exactly as I had imagined, and she really brought my vision to life. We received so many compliments on the centerpieces, and we couldn't be happier with how stunning the flowers looked. Lorelei is a true artist and such a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend her to design the florals at any wedding or other important event!

Beautiful Foweres

Reviewed on 7/08/2014 Janine H

What can I say. Lorelei is the best. We were happy to have her and her team create the most beautiful flowers we have ever seen. Our bouquets were gorgeous and the flower settings were breathtaking. We couldn't be more proud. Thank you so much. I would definitely use her again... Read More for another big event. See you in ten years for our next event.

Artistic Work With Impeccable Service!

Reviewed on 3/06/2014 Amy P

Lorelei creates the most magnificent florals that you can't help but describe it as art. She worked with me for months on a tight budget and made sure that my vision came to life. I was uneducated about the flowers in season at the time of my wedding, and Lorelei insured that... Read More the look I was going for would be achieved with what was available. She was constantly full of ideas, inspiration, and advice. We had an unconventional palette of peach, plum and gold and Lorelei created the most magical centerpieces of hydrangeas, peach carnations, peach juliet roses (my all-time favorite), purple succulents and purple cala lilies. They were modern, elegant and whimsical! I can't stop staring at my ranuculus and juliet rose bouquet! After meeting at our venue, I knew when I was indecisive I could tell Lorelei to go with her artistic vision. On the wedding day in the pouring rain, she hand-delivered and set-up every item, including tying the very last peach carnation pomander to the ceremony chair. My photographer commented that she has never seen a florist give so much on the wedding day, including pinning boutonnières on all the guys. Seeing Lorelei on my wedding day and looking around the room at her florals made me tear up with joy. I will recommend Lorelei to anyone looking to do something different and depend on a florist who will you her all!

Beautiful Flowers

Reviewed on 11/13/2013 Amanda

I really enjoyed working with Lorelei. I wasn't 100% sure of my vision when I initially contacted her and she really worked with me to hone in on exactly what I was looking for. I had a friend who was shipping flowers in from Hawaii but I was going for a more Hollywood modern... Read More look and she did a wonderful job tying the two themes together. She was very responsive and easy to get in contact with. On the day of the centerpieces looked exactly like what I had envisioned! They were beautiful and Lorelei really went above and beyond to make sure everything looked wonderful! She was also very good about working within my budget and being honest about what would work and what wouldn't. Thank you!

Wonderful florist

Reviewed on 11/06/2013 Connie B

I had my wedding this past weekend and used Lorelei as my florist. She is such a nice person who is very knowledgeable and loves flowers, and will go out of her way to meet up with you to plan your big day. She even sat in traffic for over 3 hours to come see me when the freeway... Read More was at a standstill. The flowers came out beautifully and I received a lot of compliments. On the day of, she was also very helpful and is such a sweet person. My friend had recommended her to me and Lorelei certainly did not disappoint. I have referred her to several friends and will continue doing so as her prices also are very affordable. Thank you Lorelei!

Absolute Best thing about my Wedding!

Reviewed on 8/27/2013 Michelle V

Lorelei of Florals and events by design was the Best thing about my wedding. I was pretty stressed planning my wedding as I chose not to have Wedding Coordinator. I over planned, obsessed, micro managed myself, and all in all drove myself absolutely insane with the whole wedding... Read More thing. The Only thing that was enjoyable and a total breeze.... Was the flowers. When I walked into the venue for the first time I was moved to tears. Lorelei did such an Amazing job on my flowers I would recommend her to anybody. She worked with my budget was personable and professional and I couldn't have been happier. She even stayed at the wedding proper and helped with my dress during photos. If that's not above and beyond, I don't know what is. She is a true savant with her arrangements and art. She will meticulously ask you many questions until she is satisfied that she understands your vision. And then she will Nail it Perfectly! I will say that I am a bit... detail oriented, meticulous or even over the top and she pleased me more than any of my other vendors. Thank you Lorelei. You are a true Artist.

Thanks Lorelei! A great professional help!

Reviewed on 4/26/2013 Tanya D

Lorelei was great from the moment we were in contact. I didn't really know what I was after however with the right questions and suggestions Lorelei nailed it! Not only were the flowers beautiful and as I had visioned, Lorelei herself stayed for hours setting them up and... Read More moving things to ensure they were at here quality too. Thank you so much Lorelei!

Magnificent Arrangements!

Reviewed on 11/22/2012 Marianne P

We can’t thank Lorelei enough. She made our wedding day very beautiful! She was very professional in all of our dealings with her, from start to finish. She understood what we wanted and delivered beyond our expectations. The day of the wedding everything was perfect,... Read More meticulously set up to a tee. The service her and the staff provided was exceptional. We highly recommend Florals and Events by Design and we will be sure to refer all of our friends!

Perfect arrangements

Reviewed on 11/12/2012 Chrissy M

Lorelei did all of the flowers for our wedding. She did such an amazing job on everything. Our guests were thrilled when we asked them to take home some of the centerpieces. I literally showed her one picture and she made everything exactly as we were hoping. Lorelei was very... Read More flexible, easy to work with, and responded quickly to all of our emails. She was definitely a pleasure to work with and I would recommend her to anyone needing flowers.

AMAZING Florist!!!!!! Couldn't have been more plea

Reviewed on 9/05/2012 Lesley R

Lorelei is an AMAZING florist!!! She helped us work within our budget and recommend similar flowers to what we liked so they would fit better into our budget but still have the look we wanted. She kept in touch with us throughout our wedding planning and even did a walk through... Read More at our event site to make sure everything was perfect & exactly what we wanted. She was on time the day of the wedding (already setting up when I arrived to get ready) and her flowers were beautiful! They were beyond my expectations, my husband and I were so pleased. All the guests were very impressed with our beautiful arrangements. My bouquet was incredible! And Lorelei brought a little water holder for my bouquet and bridesmaids bouquets so they would stay fresh until the ceremony. All the flowers we had definitely looked twice or three times as much what we actually paid for it. I would recommend Lorelei for a wedding or any special event. We plan to use her again in the future for any events we have. She does really great work!!!

Beautiful Decor!

Reviewed on 8/28/2012 Baoqing Z

Lorelei and her team are such creative, awesome florists! She has also been so accommodating, even when we had to make last-minute changes and additions. She has years of experience in the field, and offered truly valuable advice for our event design. Even though she had to... Read More drive far to get to our venue, she was punctual and set up the location beautifully. We love her work!

Wonderful Florist - highly recommend

Reviewed on 8/08/2012 Desiree K

Lorelei was such a Wonderful person to work with. She was so patient and helpful in choosing just the right arrangements and going over every little detail. She creates such elegant centerpieces, they were just gorgeous. She has the most high quaility flowers and everything... Read More from the corsages to my bouquet were just put together absolutely beautifully. She made everything look even nicer than we could have imagined. She is also extremely professional and easy to work with, she went out of her way to help us plan all the details of our flowers. We will certainly use her again if the occaision arrises, and would recommend her to anyone looking for a spectacular florist!

Amazing!!!!

Reviewed on 5/16/2012 Sera Y

Basic Information: - Wedding Date: 04/14/2012 - Wedding Venue: Simi Valley, CA - Wedding Colors: Pink, Peach, Brown,Champagne - Wedding Party: 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen - Floral services receive: 7 bridesmaid bouquets, 7 groomsmen boutonnieres, bridal bouquet, 20 family... Read More boutonnieres and corsages, pew decorations (re-used later at head table), rose petals on side of aisle, two ceremony altar centerpieces (glass vase, willow branches, and flowers), cascading orchids for ceremony gazebo. I cannot rave enough about Floral & Events by Design and their team, especially Lorelei. I was referred to her by a friend of mine who got married last year, and she could not say enough praises about Lorelei and her team. So I scheduled an appointment with Lorelei, and I was surprised that she was willing to meet me at the venue! I was put at ease immediately knowing that she was willing to go out her way to check out the venue herself, and was confident that she would be able to capture my vision, knowing she'd be familiar with the place. Lorelei is extremely knowledgeable and so passionate about what she does. She doesn't treat you like another customer, you can tell that she sincerely wants to give you everything you want and she does her best to give it! She was always prompt to respond to my emails and calls, and showed up many hours in advance to set up the ceremony flowers. The flowers were all extremely fresh, and my bridesmaid told me she was able to keep hers in a vase for almost a week after the wedding! It was absolutely breathtaking to see my vision come alive, and I am so grateful to Florals & Events by design.