Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

2389 Fletcher pkwy, San Diego, CA (619) 697-6575

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren Q

Flour Power was one of our favorite decisions for our wedding. The almond poppyseed cake was so light and delicious and they worked with us to make the outside of the cake look exactly as we wanted. We pulled looks from several different cakes and they put it all together... Read More seamlessly! We were so happy with our decision and highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Mary W

We were referred to Flour Power by our wedding venue and loved our cake. But before I get to the cake, I have to first say that the staff was wonderful when we came for a cake tasting. We left Los Angeles to drive down for our tasting and what was meant to be a 2.5 hour drive... Read More became a tortuous 4 hour drive due to accidents and road construction. Needless to say we missed our appointment by an hour. Even though they were busy with other clients, the staff at Flour Power made room for us to taste and choose the cakes. During the tasting we tried about a dozen delicious flavors and choose three flavors for our three tier cake (Lemon, peach, and marble). At the wedding the cake was beautiful and all the flavors were delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. I couldn't' imagine choosing a different cake then the one we had at the wedding.

Best Cakery in the West

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Beth S

My sister ordered the lemon raspberry cake with white chocolate shavings over 10 years ago. Last month, I ordered the carrot, lemon chiffon, and chocolate with the white chocolate shavings for my own wedding. The cakes are elegant AND delicious. The staff is friendly and... Read More professional.

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Makena D

Flour Power did such an amazing job on our wedding cake. It was simple and elegant and exactly what we wanted. Our guests LOVED the pudding chiffon cake with cream cheese fluff and lemon/raspberry jam. The price point was great. We had 125 guests and did a two teir cake for... Read More display, and two sheet cakes for guests. We had plenty left over and would have been fine only doing one sheet cake. We love Flour Power!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Debbie M

We enjoyed our experience with Flour Power Cakery. Our cake was exactly as we ordered and our guests complimented the taste as well. The couple's tasting was not only wonderful, but I'm fortunate to say was our one stop. Having friends recount their nightmares with other... Read More places, just reaffirmed our choice to go with the best. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Christina H

Holy cow so much yum. The staff at flour power was fantastic in helping us figure out a design, size and shape for our cake, and their flavors are out of this world. The strawberry was our favorite, and their buttercream is to die for. So so good. Thanks flower power!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Sarah C

I loved working with this bakery. They were extremely helpful and the staff was very friendly. They had a wonderful selection of cakes. We had a hard time choosing which one we wanted because they were all so good. We went with a 3 tier cake with the top two tiers with different... Read More flavors. The bottom layer was styrofoam covered in fondant which cut down on the cost. This is a great option if you want a grandiose cake but a small amount of people to feed. The design was spot on. Our reception was ocean themed so I came there with 2 images I wanted to combine of ocean cakes I found on Pinterest. It was exactly how I envisioned it. The fondant was just a little thick but other than that it was a gorgeous delicious cake. I highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Amanda F

We were married in January 2017 and we used Flour Power for our cake and dessert table. We absolutely loved our cake (flavor and design) and the dessert bar was divine. The ladies that handle weddings, Theresa and Samantha, were very easy to work with, thorough and so... Read More thoughtful. I had some dietary restrictions (gluten free and dairy free) and they were so kind to make me my own special gluten free and lactose free cake. It was SO delicious and they included it free of charge. My husband loved our special cutting cake. It was marble cake with bavarian cream and we are saving our topper for our 1st anniversary, it is their peaches n' cream cake, which we sampled during our cake tasting and it was heavenly. Our guests raved about the dessert bar options and their portions were huge. We ordered cupcakes (vanilla, chocolate & choc. peanut butter), cheesecake bars (plain & salted caramel), white chocolate covered brownie bites and an assortment of cookies. Prices were unbelievable! You cannot beat the value of Flour Power, they deliver so much more for a very reasonable price. Easily one of our favorite vendors of the entire wedding. I look forward to using them for future bakery needs for celebrations to come. Thank you Flour Power!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Chelsea L

We worked with Flour Power as part of our package with Personal Touch Dining and loved the results. We had a great time at the tasting and picked out 3 flavors for our four-tiered cake. We had such a hard time deciding on flavors because they were all so delicious! Simply, the... Read More cake could not have turned out better. We had people telling us all night how good the cake tasted and how beautiful it looked! They also gave us a free groom's cake since my husband is in the military which was a lovely gesture. We were extremely pleased with the service and also wanted to note that they were extremely fast in returning our deposit check for the cake supports! I would highly recommend Flour Power to anyone looking for a delicious cake :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Annalan S

I went thru Jesse Tait at The Abbey Catering and Event Design Company. This was part of my package with them. It was AMAZING! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tracy J

Best cake I've ever had. Our cake turned out exactly how we wanted it.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Lindsey P

I booked the Catamaran Resort for my wedding and part of the package included a wedding cake. I went with Flour Power. We upgraded the cake. They included a free groom’s cake for us. The cake tasted good, and was pretty. My issue is that the cake had parts in it that needed... Read More to be returned. I told the Catamaran to keep the pieces for me. They kept all of the pieces, but when I contacted Flour Power they told me that they were not the required pieces and that I would not be getting my deposit back. A word of warning, don’t plan on getting your deposit back.

Gorgeous and delicious cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katie H

We had a country themed wedding and wanted a cake that would fit the theme. They made the cake look like log rounds and each tier a different flavor. Cake was so good and was eaten up like crazy. Even had guests take some home! They were also so helpful when we did the... Read More tastings.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 George S

Flour Power provided our wedding cake through Kona Kai Resort. Our cake was a 3 tiered and 3 flavor cake. The flavors we chose were delicious and all of our guests loved the cake. They provided us with a custom grooms cake as well that was just as good. Thank you for such a... Read More tasty treat on our wedding day!

Cupcakes were a hit

Reviewed on 9/14/2015 Samantha S

We chose Flour Power for our wedding cupcakes for many reasons. We knew the product from previous events, and were very pleased with their business ethics. We chose 4 different cupcake flavors, chiffon pudding with raspberry filling, marble cake, classic carrot cake, and apple... Read More spice. I personally thought that the edible luster dust (sparkles) were the perfect touch :) We also got a small round cake to do our cake cutting, and as part of that, we got a second one to either freeze, or consume at a later date (once we return from our honeymoon). Everything was delicious and we couldn't be happier we went with Flour Power!!

Reviewed on 8/28/2015

My fiancee and I had our tasting with the owner, James, today in the La Jolla location. The cakes we tasted were amazing. James made the whole process fun and easy and he has great ideas for the cake design. In the end, we had to pick 3 flavors for our wedding cake because we... Read More couldn't decide which flavor we like more. We can't wait to serve their cake at our wedding reception in April 2016.

Reviewed on 7/29/2015

We ordered our wedding cake from Flour Power because we absolutely loved all the options at our tasting. Ultimately we couldn't decide between all the great flavors and went with white cake as well as a chocolate cake with peanut butter frosting, which was amazing. We had... Read More settled on a very simple design for the main cake, so when I decided to surprise my husband with a silly groom's cake I called to see what they could do for me. My husband is kind of obsessed with the movie Point Break, and I asked if they could design a cake in the theme of the movie, maybe with a wave and a picture of Keanu Reeves, etc...the woman I was talking to said she didn't know the movie but she'd talk to the designer and see what they could do. Approximately 30 seconds later she called back and said, "the designer loves that movie. she says to tell you she's got this." And, as you can see from the picture, Flour Power did not disappoint. I would definitely recommend Flour Power both for the serious and silly! Oh, and they threw in a small gluten-free cake for our celiac guests for free!

Reviewed on 5/01/2015 Josh S

We used Flour Power for our wedding cake and were absolutely THRILLED with the final product. We had 3 different flavors (chocolate, strawberry, and red velvet) and all 3 were simply delicious! Best of all, the cake looked EXACTLY as we had envisioned. (We found a design that... Read More we liked on Etsy, brought in a photo to the tasting, and crossed our fingers -- it turned out beautifully!) Best of all, Flour Power worked directly with our caterer (Personal Touch Dining) to coordinate delivery, so that was one extra burden off our plate. The entire experience could not have been better!

Amazing Cake and Service!

Reviewed on 1/04/2015 Kevin L

Flour Power Cakery provided my husband and I with a beautiful, delicious, and budget-friendly cake. Everyone we worked with was pleasant, efficient, and eager to work with our ideas on design and taste. We can't recommend them highly enough! Thank you Flour Power Cakery! Jess... Read More and Kevin

Impressive!

Reviewed on 10/13/2014 Kara P

Flour Power created the wedding cake of my dreams off of a few phone conversations and a picture! It was perfect! Thank you!!!!

Popular cakery for a reason! (Affordable too)

Reviewed on 10/09/2014 Laura L

I am going to begin this post by saying we got cupcakes, not a cake, so that may have helped with the affordability. Flour power is a great bakery. I've heard so many good things, I've tried their cakes before, and it was one place I wanted to check out. I am a HUGE... Read More sweets fan, so I did as many cake tastings as I could after we were engaged and this one still was, by far, my favorite. I like cakes that are sweet, have good fillings, etc. and they do all of that. We made an appointment, tried a lot of cakes and got a price point for about 120 cupcakes (around $250). The only issue is that you try the cakes with the filling, etc. and the cupcakes can come with that IF you pay more. I didn't really want to do that, so we kept them plain. They were still delicious and beautiful! We kept it simple with cupcakes in various flavors with purple beads on top. They delivered to the location, set it up beautifully, and they were good! I was impressed because we changed the amount of cupcakes a week before the wedding and I was bummed we were doing whip cream frosting (remember - I like sweet), which they recommended because of the heat. So, the staff offered a free buttercream cutting cake for us and the wedding party so I could enjoy it! (You already get a cutting cake with a cupcake purchase, so we got two.) It was nice to have such a big, popular company still look out for you, consider your budget, and give you things for free when they know it means a lot. Overall, very impressed!

Best Cake I have ever had

Reviewed on 9/26/2014 Kathleen K

One of my good friends got married last year and she served this cake at her wedding. It was the best cake that I have ever had so I decided to check them out for my wedding. They were VERY reasonably priced and I got exactly what I asked for. I had a simple white buttercream... Read More three tiered cake that we decorated with real flowers and 2 sheet cakes, enough to feed 200 people. We did 5 flavors and everyone was raving about the cake. I hope that I get another event that I can use them for because they were awesome all the way around!

3 Tiers of perfection

Reviewed on 9/16/2014 SKYE C

My cake was delicious, moist, and fluffy. I will use them for all my cake needs.

Amazing

Reviewed on 8/10/2014 Charmaine M

We had our wedding at the Catamaran Resort and was referred to Flour Power for our wedding cake as part of our package. We were traveling from Australia to get married therefore all correspondence was done either over the phone or email with pictures. I organized everything... Read More with Samantha at Flour Power and sent her only one picture. We went with her recommendations for flavors as we weren't able to do a tasting. I posted some decorations that I wanted on the cake e.g. lettering etc The end product............spot on!!! It looked amazing, was the right size for our group and tasted devine. Could not have been happier!!

gorgeous tasty cake!

Reviewed on 7/23/2014 Lauren H

our wedding cake was beautiful. We had 3 different flavors and our guests raved over all of them :) little pricy but worth it I guess.