Dietary Options

Gluten Free, Sugar Free

Cake Accessories, Cakes + Desserts

2389 Fletcher pkwy, San Diego, CA (619) 697-6575

Reviewed on 3/13/2018 Lori L

Flour power This is the cake place you are looking for!!!! We had a Star Wars themed wedding, and asked Flour Power if they could make a Star Wars wedding cake. My email contact was Samantha, and wow was she ever patient, helpful and extremely knowledgeable !! We made an... Read More appointment for a cake tasting in January 2018 , my wedding was March 3rd, 2018. My mother, sister, then fiancé(now husband) and myself were greeted warmly, for the cake tasting. We were taken to a special room. The cakes on display were unbelievably amazing. We were seated and given books to look through for ideas. Then, a tray with 14 flavors of cake was presented. YUM x14!!! My sister and I don’t like coconut , and even their cake with coconut was delicious! It was so hard to choose!!! We discussed options for the Star Wars part of the cake, and were told they could make white chocolate millennium falcons, r2d2’s and x-wing fighters!!! We were thrilled !! We ordered a 3 tiered cake and a sheet cake, and they were delivered on time and were perfect. They did such a great job!! The cakes were gorgeous and delicious. I recommend them highly

Reviewed on 2/13/2018 Jeanisa M

From the tasting to delivery, Flour power was amazing! We had so many types of cake to choose from and we were able to customize not only the look of our cake but the taste as well. We didn’t want our cake to be overly sweet and they delivered! Our cake was gorgeous and our... Read More guest not only faught for the leftovers, they are still talking about how delicious the cake was :)

Reviewed on 11/06/2017 Carina L

The Cake was beautiful and tasted absolutely amazing!!!

Reviewed on 3/14/2018 Judi D

The quality of cake is good, however their customer service is not. They delivered my cake to the reception without the cake topper that I had given them, which they had asked I do. It took a friend several calls to find someone to return to the reception site with the cake... Read More topper. When I returned to the shop with the plastic support columns that were in the cake and receive back my deposit, I asked to speak to the manager. The manager would not come out of her office to see me. Then, I had paid for the cake all in cash, but was told they would not refund me the deposit in cash. The gal at the counter had to go back and forth several times with the manager, all the while never coming out of her office, until finally the manager hand wrote me a check for the deposit. Again, never once coming out to even see what I wanted to talk to her about. I've been a fan of Flour Power for years and always dreamed of having my wedding cake from them and I am so disappointed in their lack of customer service. I can't recommend them because I don't want anyone else to have the same hassle.

Reviewed on 12/20/2017 Stephanie M

Very happy with how beautiful our wedding cake turned out! Flour Power did a wonderful job making our vision come to life! Not to mention, the flavors were delicious!!!

Reviewed on 10/22/2017 Justin L

Not only was our cake beautiful, it tasted so good! We had a white chocolate cake with pineapple mousse, and it was incredibly delicious! Their cake is so soft and moist, and their frosting options are tasty. They worked with us to make the ideal wedding cake for our special... Read More day! We highly recommend Flour Power Cakery for any event.

Reviewed on 9/14/2017 Camille B

OUR WEDDING CAKE WAS AMAZING! We first tasted Flour Power's cake at the Bridal Bazaar. They had the best cake out of all the wedding cake vendors there. So we knew we had to get our wedding cake at Flour Power. We have no regrets. It was easy to set up an appointment with them,... Read More and they were very accommodating to my peanut/nut allergies. We loved doing the cake tasting! The designer was also very helpful in planning our cake design. Our wedding cake ended up looking so beautiful. All of our guests loved the cake. There were no more slices left. Some of our guests admitted to having a slice of every flavor. We cannot wait to get a sheet cake on our one year anniversary! We HIGHLY reccommend Flour Power!

Reviewed on 8/24/2017 Barbara O

We ordered the chiffon cake and wasn't disappointed. The cake was delicious! My Husband is a very picking sweets guy and loved it! We also wanted an ombre look on the cake using one of the dress colors from the wedding party. I felt the bottom starting color was way darker than... Read More the color swatch matching the dress. Expect for my tasting, i followed up to finalize details over the phone. Recommend you make all arrangements in store to ensure all details are exactly how you picture them. Otherwise a great place for beautiful, great tasting cakes.

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Taylor A

best cakde you'll ever eat. I'm not sure how they do it but WOW they do it well. The cake tasting will leave you feeling full with all of the pairings you get to try. The design consultants/bakers really listen to you design choices. I was very specific of what I wanted and they... Read More exceeded my expectations. They are also pretty reasonably priced for how much cake you get! I had multiple guests go back for seconds!

Reviewed on 7/25/2017 Coree S

Flour Power was PERFECT from start to finish. My husband, Mom, Dad and I all went to the cake tasting for our wedding cake. They offered many different cake flavors and it was so hard to choose because they were all so good. The woman who helped us was so nice and had a lot of... Read More great ideas and knew exactly what we were asking for. We decided to go with a cutting cake and cupcakes for our wedding. We wanted our wedding cake to be dark purple to white with ombre style and it turned our AMAZING. The cupcakes we originally ordered to have white frosting. We decided we wanted 3 different colors two differentiate the flavors. We asked them to do this the week before and they did an amazing job matching the cupcake colors with the cake. Our whole cake/ cupcake set up looked amazing and everyone could not stop talking about how amazing it all tasted. We even planned on taking the top tier home for our one year anniversary but everything loved it all so much that we had nothing left and we had ordered to serve 175 when we only had 100 the day of.

Reviewed on 6/25/2017 Haley J

Flour Power is amazing!! Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning and delicious. They have their standard flavors, but they give you freedom to mix and match to make your cake just the way you want it. We did a three tier cake (to easily feed 100 people). One was a poppy seed... Read More cake with lemon filling, one was red velvet cake with cream cheese filling, and the last was champagne flavored cake with raspberry filling. The champagne flavored one was definitely our favorite, but all were incredible! We also ordered brownie bites for our candy table, and while I didn't get to try one :(, everyone was raving about them! I would definitely order a cake from Flour Power again for any occasion!

Reviewed on 6/21/2017 Makena D

Flour Power did such an amazing job on our wedding cake. It was simple and elegant and exactly what we wanted. Our guests LOVED the pudding chiffon cake with cream cheese fluff and lemon/raspberry jam. The price point was great. We had 125 guests and did a two teir cake for... Read More display, and two sheet cakes for guests. We had plenty left over and would have been fine only doing one sheet cake. We love Flour Power!

Reviewed on 6/02/2017 Debbie M

We enjoyed our experience with Flour Power Cakery. Our cake was exactly as we ordered and our guests complimented the taste as well. The couple's tasting was not only wonderful, but I'm fortunate to say was our one stop. Having friends recount their nightmares with other... Read More places, just reaffirmed our choice to go with the best. Thank you!!

Reviewed on 5/02/2017 Christina H

Holy cow so much yum. The staff at flour power was fantastic in helping us figure out a design, size and shape for our cake, and their flavors are out of this world. The strawberry was our favorite, and their buttercream is to die for. So so good. Thanks flower power!!

Reviewed on 4/17/2017 Sarah C

I loved working with this bakery. They were extremely helpful and the staff was very friendly. They had a wonderful selection of cakes. We had a hard time choosing which one we wanted because they were all so good. We went with a 3 tier cake with the top two tiers with different... Read More flavors. The bottom layer was styrofoam covered in fondant which cut down on the cost. This is a great option if you want a grandiose cake but a small amount of people to feed. The design was spot on. Our reception was ocean themed so I came there with 2 images I wanted to combine of ocean cakes I found on Pinterest. It was exactly how I envisioned it. The fondant was just a little thick but other than that it was a gorgeous delicious cake. I highly highly recommend.

Reviewed on 3/04/2017 Amanda F

We were married in January 2017 and we used Flour Power for our cake and dessert table. We absolutely loved our cake (flavor and design) and the dessert bar was divine. The ladies that handle weddings, Theresa and Samantha, were very easy to work with, thorough and so... Read More thoughtful. I had some dietary restrictions (gluten free and dairy free) and they were so kind to make me my own special gluten free and lactose free cake. It was SO delicious and they included it free of charge. My husband loved our special cutting cake. It was marble cake with bavarian cream and we are saving our topper for our 1st anniversary, it is their peaches n' cream cake, which we sampled during our cake tasting and it was heavenly. Our guests raved about the dessert bar options and their portions were huge. We ordered cupcakes (vanilla, chocolate & choc. peanut butter), cheesecake bars (plain & salted caramel), white chocolate covered brownie bites and an assortment of cookies. Prices were unbelievable! You cannot beat the value of Flour Power, they deliver so much more for a very reasonable price. Easily one of our favorite vendors of the entire wedding. I look forward to using them for future bakery needs for celebrations to come. Thank you Flour Power!

Reviewed on 1/14/2017 Chelsea L

We worked with Flour Power as part of our package with Personal Touch Dining and loved the results. We had a great time at the tasting and picked out 3 flavors for our four-tiered cake. We had such a hard time deciding on flavors because they were all so delicious! Simply, the... Read More cake could not have turned out better. We had people telling us all night how good the cake tasted and how beautiful it looked! They also gave us a free groom's cake since my husband is in the military which was a lovely gesture. We were extremely pleased with the service and also wanted to note that they were extremely fast in returning our deposit check for the cake supports! I would highly recommend Flour Power to anyone looking for a delicious cake :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2016 Annalan S

I went thru Jesse Tait at The Abbey Catering and Event Design Company. This was part of my package with them. It was AMAZING! Thank you!

Reviewed on 10/17/2016 Tracy J

Best cake I've ever had. Our cake turned out exactly how we wanted it.

Reviewed on 10/08/2016 Lauren Q

Flour Power was one of our favorite decisions for our wedding. The almond poppyseed cake was so light and delicious and they worked with us to make the outside of the cake look exactly as we wanted. We pulled looks from several different cakes and they put it all together... Read More seamlessly! We were so happy with our decision and highly recommend them for your wedding!

Reviewed on 9/08/2016 Mary W

We were referred to Flour Power by our wedding venue and loved our cake. But before I get to the cake, I have to first say that the staff was wonderful when we came for a cake tasting. We left Los Angeles to drive down for our tasting and what was meant to be a 2.5 hour drive... Read More became a tortuous 4 hour drive due to accidents and road construction. Needless to say we missed our appointment by an hour. Even though they were busy with other clients, the staff at Flour Power made room for us to taste and choose the cakes. During the tasting we tried about a dozen delicious flavors and choose three flavors for our three tier cake (Lemon, peach, and marble). At the wedding the cake was beautiful and all the flavors were delicious. Everyone enjoyed it. I couldn't' imagine choosing a different cake then the one we had at the wedding.

Reviewed on 8/23/2016 Lindsey P

I booked the Catamaran Resort for my wedding and part of the package included a wedding cake. I went with Flour Power. We upgraded the cake. They included a free groom’s cake for us. The cake tasted good, and was pretty. My issue is that the cake had parts in it that needed... Read More to be returned. I told the Catamaran to keep the pieces for me. They kept all of the pieces, but when I contacted Flour Power they told me that they were not the required pieces and that I would not be getting my deposit back. A word of warning, don’t plan on getting your deposit back.

Best Cakery in the West

Reviewed on 11/10/2015 Beth S

My sister ordered the lemon raspberry cake with white chocolate shavings over 10 years ago. Last month, I ordered the carrot, lemon chiffon, and chocolate with the white chocolate shavings for my own wedding. The cakes are elegant AND delicious. The staff is friendly and... Read More professional.

Gorgeous and delicious cake

Reviewed on 10/25/2015 Katie H

We had a country themed wedding and wanted a cake that would fit the theme. They made the cake look like log rounds and each tier a different flavor. Cake was so good and was eaten up like crazy. Even had guests take some home! They were also so helpful when we did the... Read More tastings.

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 George S

Flour Power provided our wedding cake through Kona Kai Resort. Our cake was a 3 tiered and 3 flavor cake. The flavors we chose were delicious and all of our guests loved the cake. They provided us with a custom grooms cake as well that was just as good. Thank you for such a... Read More tasty treat on our wedding day!