Fog City Entertainment

Greater Bay Area, Monterey, Carmel, Sacramento, Tahoe

Full Service Entertainment at your finger tips

Since 1996, we have stood out because of our unique attention to detail, high level of customer service and our ability to adapt our services to meet your specifications. We are not the typical characters that do the same "routine" at every event; we customize our entire style to match yours.

Classical, Country, Dance, Disco, Hip-Hop, Jazz, Pop, R&B, Rock, Arabic, Celtic, Indian, Klezmer, Latin, Persian, Polka

After Party, Ceremony, Reception, Wedding

MC Services, Recorded Music, Sound Equipment, Music

Bow2008 09
Bow2008

2107 Van Ness Ave, San Francisco, CA Greater Bay Area, Monterey, Carmel, Sacramento, Tahoe (415) 763-5292
INSTAGRAM

Dancing all night long!

Reviewed on 2/19/2011 Vanessa H

DJ Mike was a better DJ than we could have asked for. Our goal was to keep the dance floor going all night long and he achieved that 110%. Mike played a mix of pop, oldies, as well as a good mix of latino music (per our request). He played every song we requested before hand as... Read More well as those our guests asked for at the reception. Great vendor to work with!

Best possible DJ experience

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Amy W

Wedding DJs are weird. We talked to a lot of DJs and many just didn't fit into the fun/casual but still tasteful vibe we wanted for our wedding. We probably spent more time picking a DJ than any other vendor (and were sort of amazed at how hard it was!) So when we found Mike... Read More we were really grateful. He's a pro - easy to deal with, confidence-inspiring and still fun in the way you want a DJ to be. He dealt with all our requests taught us a few things about how our wedding day might flow and listened carefully to understand what was important to us. Also - he'd coincidentally worked with our coordinator before (we selected them separately) and they did a bunch of coordination behind the scenes that made everything seamless. Just a great experience. We'd recommend Mike and Fog City Entertainment enthusiastically and without reservation.

Absolutely PERFECT!

Reviewed on 5/26/2011 Casey L

I am so happy I went with this company. They paired me with Sonny Garcia as my DJ, and he was SO MUCH FUN! When he came over to do the interview at the house, he was completely open to whatever my husband and I wanted to have played. He didn't mind that we didn't want the... Read More traditional money dance or garter toss... he just got excited about what we did want. When the day of the wedding came, Sonny kept everybody on the dance floor the entire night. There wasn't an off moment. I thought I would be talking with the guests more and walking around, but I was instead dancing all night with all of the guests. The best part is that Sonny was more than just a DJ. He helped out with everything. When I arrived, he was the first person there and helped me get all my things in my room. At the end of the night, he helped carry things, organize what was going where, and had a smile on his face the whole time. ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! The affordability and service of this place is unbeatable!

Reviewed on 9/16/2017 Kayla P

We loved our dj mike Santillan!! He was the best! From the beginning he helped answer all my questions through email and even met with us to go over how to use their website and add our own music! The day of he was very helpful and guided us perfectly throughout the whole night.... Read More Definitely recommended fog city ent and dj mike!!

Reviewed on 7/24/2017 Rikki W

I was able to have Mike as our DJ for our wedding on Friday! Mike answered all of my emails and was super easy to work with! Planning a destination wedding can be difficult, but I was able to book Mike by email and I didn't get to meet him till the day before the wedding! He was... Read More able to accommodate everything that we asked. Our ceremony was on the beach and he was able to bring enough cord to have music and sound for the ceremony (300 ft down!) and he was still able to have everything set up inside for the reception too. He had an awesome online program where we were able to fill out all of the songs we wanted for the ceremony and reception, it kept everything super organized and made it easy to plan our wedding! Mike also kept us on schedule all night. He would come up and talk with us when it was time to announce everyone, do the speeches, start the cake cutting, have the first dance, do the bouquet toss, do the garter toss. He made the entire night run smoothly and easily! He made our night worry free. I would highly recommend Mike and his company!

Reviewed on 4/21/2017 Liz R

Mike was the DJ and MC for our wedding at La Costanera, and he was perfect. Great selection of music, super easy to give him additional music that we wanted (e.g. a friend of ours plays jazz and we wanted his music for our cocktail hour, but he wouldn't be in any music databases... Read More anywhere), great voice and temperament for making announcements to move people through the event (not cheesy, clear and friendly), and kept everyone dancing for hours! He even did the music for our ceremony, and did a beautiful job cutting together and pacing the songs we wanted. Mike helped our event run smoothly and made it all the more memorable, I can't recommend him enough!

Reviewed on 8/09/2016 Sophia L

We are so happy with our DJ from Fog City Entertainment! Everyone at our wedding had a blast. Jose played our music perfectly during our ceremony and at the reception. Our song list had so many different genres from Latin tracks to Franck Sinatra and Jose was to make everyone... Read More happy. He knew how to keep our guests dancing. I would definitely recommend Jose from Fog City to anyone looking for an awesome DJ. You will not be disappointed!

I could not have been happier

Reviewed on 11/16/2015 Doris

Fog City Entertainment provided a DJ and a photo Booth for me for my wedding. Mike, the DJ, was incredible because he knew how to keep people on the dance floor. He also did a great job of working with my wedding coordinator to keep the evening's schedule on track and... Read More moving. The photo Booth that was provided was a hit at the wedding. The one comment everybody made was how good the lighting was because everyone looked good in the pictures. I cannot wait to throw another party so I can hire this vendor again.

Great Experience

Reviewed on 6/23/2015 Sally L

Picking Fog City was probably one of the best choices I made. They provided my DJ, photo booth, and day of coordinator. As it got close to my wedding day, it was clear that having those linked would allow things to go more smoothly since they had all worked together before.... Read More Mike, the head of the company even came out of my wedding day to make sure things ran smoothly. Sonny was my DJ and he was amazing. It's rare to have a wedding during which the dance floor gets empty for a song or two, but he pulled it off. We gave him a list of songs we liked and he put together a great mix that was reflective of our taste and well suited to keep the party going. Many of our guests told me how great the music was and people didn't want to leave when the wedding ended. Stacey was my Day of Coordinator and she was a pleasure to work with. As we talked leading up to the wedding, it was clear that she understood what was and wasn't important to me. That allowed me to truly enjoy my wedding day because I knew she would make sure that the wedding I had envisioned became reality. It all went off much more smoothly than I expected and I have Stacey to thank for that.

We had a great time

Reviewed on 8/20/2014 Anjali S

Mike was wonderful. Not only do they do music, they do lighting too! He answered all of my questions, was super fast with everything and did a great job. I wish more of our guests were in the dancing mood. He did a great job of keeping the energy up despite that. My husband is... Read More German American- he also found some more rare songs that we used in the reception.

A Wild Party

Reviewed on 11/29/2012 Ursula M

Mike was the DJ at my wedding at the San Francisco. He was awesome, and looked great! I booked him over a year in adnHe put up with my numerous questions and requests. My friends can not stop talking about how great the music was. He was able to handle my requests, as well and... Read More many of the guest requests. My dad made the father-daughter dance song a surprise by speaking directly to Mike, which made it an even better experience. I would recommend Fog City to a friend, and if I need a DJ in the future I would go back to them!

Kept the dance floor full all night!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Liz O

My husband and I only met with one DJ in our search, Mike, from Fog City. We knew right away that he would do a great job for us and was the perfect fit. We sent him a list of the songs we wanted played, and not played, and from there, he put together the greatest playlist. The... Read More dance floor was full all night long with both the older people as well as the young ones. After the wedding we received so many compliments on the DJ and how impressed they were with him. The DJ ended up being one of the less expensive vendors we had but you would never know it based on the service they provided. I highly recommend them for anyone's wedding. Thank you Mike!

10 Stars - BEST NIGHT EVER!

Reviewed on 11/20/2012 Rachel F

Mike from Fog City Entertainment DJ-ed our wedding on October 19th, 2012 and he was the absolute best! I've NEVER done a review on a vendor before but for Mike and Fog City - I just had to. We had approx 90 guests and Mike made everything super easy and was very professional.... Read More Most importantly, I didn't once worry about the music throughout the night and there was not a soul in a seat all night long! Mike played the perfect mix of music so that everybody got up and danced all night long - even my friends who "do not dance" were up and at it all night long! If you're looking for a DJ who plays great music and keeps the party going all night long, Mike from Fog City is for you. All of our guests had a blast and I would say a huge part of that was due to Mike. THANK YOU, MIKE!!

Great company!

Reviewed on 10/18/2012 Heather S

This is a fantastic company in my opinion. Mike was always very quick to respond to my emails, quickly got our contract in place and offered very competitive pricing. Our wedding DJ was Sonny and he was amazing. He was never cheesy or over the top but knew how to keep the... Read More crowd entertained. He did a great job announcing my wedding party and all of the different events. He played all of the music we requested and also took cues from the crowd. Sonny was nice, professional and did a great job. I would definitely recommend Fog City Entertainment...especially Sonny!

Sonny from Fog City is the best!

Reviewed on 6/30/2012 Agata S

We were so happy with our DJ choice from Fog City, Sonny Garcia, because he made our reception so much fun! He did an amazing job at reading the crowd to choose which style of music to play next. He had all of our guests out on the dance floor, young and old; me and the groom... Read More had a wonderful time dancing, too, and we were so sad when the music was over! Sonny had us complete forms so he could have all the music ready for our big day, which made our reception run smoothly. We can't thank Sonny and Fog City enough for making our wedding reception such a big hit!

amazing

Reviewed on 10/20/2011 Hillary A

the DJ did a wonderful combination of all of the different types of music that our guests like. he followed up, kept the dance floor full!

Sonny

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Melissa W

Our DJ was Sonny. I liked that he took the time to get to know us outside of simply meeting us to discuss music. My only complaint would be that some events were not really announced, on the positive side, he was easy to hear and easy to understand!

Not completely what advertised

Reviewed on 6/27/2011 Stacia M

They were great for planning purposes; no complaints there. However, during my reception, she played songs on my do not play list (and we were very clear about only playing songs on list). Also, there was a time where everyone was loving the music and dance floor was full. At... Read More this time, there was sudden silence and she said she had to play Journey because a 10yo asked for it (and this was on my do not play list). The dance floor completely cleared; quite disappointing.

Awesome DJ!!

Reviewed on 11/29/2010 Michelle L

I used Fog City for my wedding and Mike was amazing from beginning to end. When I first started researching DJs I was very overwhelmed with all the options out there, but something about Fog City's website put me at ease and made me feel like they were "the one". Sure enough,... Read More they did not let me down. They have been in business for years and definitely know their stuff. Mike even came all the way out to our neighborhood to meet with us on a Saturday afternoon! They have an entire process to help nail down what will be played exactly at which point in the reception, and they'll take the time to guide you through and help you out if you're unsure. Mike is super patient, reliable and just a really good, nice guy. The day of the wedding he was totally "feeling" the crowd and everyone was on the dancefloor. People are still commenting about how awesome the music was. And Mike did not take over the mic or play any anything I asked him not to, and did not do any cheesy conga lines or chicken dances (but I'm sure he would if you're into that). I would highly recommend Fog City Entertainment for your wedding.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Maren H

The music was great! They kept everything on time

Rating for Fog City Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Stacey F

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 JENNIFER C

He was great. he didn't take over the microphone, only made announcements whe necessary. he played great music, had everyone's requests, and didn't play any cheesy music or anything on my do not play list. He was very easy to work with. he also stayed overtime, for a... Read More small fee.

Rating for Fog City Entertainment

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Loree C

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Melissa K

He was very experienced, flexible and fun.

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Jackie R

He was very easy to work with and did exactly what I asked.;Be very clear about what you want.