An Architectural Dream Wedding

JUST LAUNCHED, Nov. 2017-Fonthill Castle just partnered with farm to table caterer Seedling & Sage Catering. With seating for up to 200 guests, this castle and outdoor garden oasis will surpass your royal dreams! Outdoor ceremony area, gorgeous semi-permanent tent (with flooring), indoor cocktail area, and more! Built between 1908-1912, Fonthill was the home of Henry Chapman Mercer (1856-1930). Archaeologist, anthropologist, ceramist, scholar and antiquarian, Mercer built Fonthill both as his home and as a showplace for his collection of tiles and prints. The first of three Mercer buildings in Doylestown, Fonthill served as a showplace for Mercer’s famed Moravian tiles. Designed by Mercer, the building is an eclectic mix of Medieval, Gothic, and Byzantine architectural styles

• Outdoor - Covered

Civil Union, Commitment Ceremony, Interfaith Ceremony, Non-Religious Ceremony, Religious Ceremony, Same Sex Ceremony

Farm + Ranch, Garden, Castle, Estate, Museum, Historic Venue, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff

525 E Court St,, Doylestown, PA (215) 885-2037
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 5/11/2017 Kimberly K

We did not get married at Font Hill! However, we used it for our first look and bridal party photos. It was only $40 to buy a photo permit for 1 hour. Dan who handles booking these kinds of permits was very helpful. (We also bought a photo permit for Mercer Museum for our... Read More engagement photos)...They were also amazing! He was easy to contact and just great to work with! I am so happy we chose to used these two locations for photos, our photographer loved it. They were like kids in a candy shop going around the property! I cannot say enough good things about this location!

Our Dream Wedding!

Reviewed on 10/22/2015 Lauren K

It was always a dream of ours to have our wedding reception at Fonthill Castle and we were thrilled to have it exceed our expectations! From the very beginning, Memorable Affairs took care of anything and everything we needed for our day. From my constant questions (big or... Read More small), to the reception tent set up and organization, to the beautiful food, to museum regulations, everything was truly perfect. We could not be more happy with how our wedding reception turned out and how attentive the staff was to our many details and involved set up. We simply dropped off boxes with directions and they set up everything perfectly for us! They knew how important our theme and decor was to us and they did a wonderful job of making our vision come alive! We also had some unique items come up that we want to have (cigar bar, popcorn bar, signature drinks, and a vintage car display) and they were more than happy to work with us and make them happen! Our guests were blown away with the reception, venue, and food. We are still receiving so many compliments because it was such a unique and beautiful experience. With Memorable Affairs having such great experience with Fonthill weddings, it was reassuring knowing that we were in trusted hands with helpful advice. Additionally, the food as well was exceptional. They worked with us to craft the perfect meal that our guests are still raving about! Both the appetizers and plated dinner were phenomenal quality and unique dishes. There were so many delicious options to choose from that made our plated dish stand out from other weddings in a big way. The wedding cake also was included in our package which came from one of our favorite local bakeries. The cake quality and decoration was also amazing and we cannot wait to defrost it on our one year anniversary and have it again! Overall, we are over the moon with how beautiful and glamorous our reception was and we could not be more grateful with how it all turned out!

Beautiful

Reviewed on 11/02/2014 Melissa D

It is a beautiful location. As soon as you drive up you will know if it is what you want. It is a little pricey but exactly what we wanted. You have to go with Memorable Affairs if you have a wedding or other event here.

Great On the wedding day, not the best pre-wedding

Reviewed on 10/22/2013 Meridith M

Fonthill Estate is breathtakingly beautiful and I feel so lucky to have had my fall wedding there. My guests loved the setting and the food. The staff was attentive and friendly on the day of, but in general, I'd say the people of Memorable Affairs, the catering company that... Read More runs events at Fonthill has bitten off more than they can chew. Their paperwork is often unclear, their email/communication is terrible, and they often contradict themselves. As an uber-organized and tech-savvy bride I think it's kind of ridiculous that I had to follow up several times on email via phone to get answers to simple questions. Very frustrating up until the day of the wedding. My wedding itself was PERFECT. Couldn't be happier.

Perfect

Reviewed on 9/21/2012 Kate H

If you want AMAZING pictures, have your big day at Fonthill Castle Estate. Our wedding was flawless. The staff was so helpful, the food was amazing, and the setting is completely unique. I highly, highly recommend this venue!

A must have cater!

Reviewed on 7/27/2012 ashley o

We cannot say enough about our food, it was delicious! The cake was included in our wedding package and was soooo yummy- chocolate chip swirl! The food is prepared on site, so it's not shipped over in a van. The crab cakes were fresh and hot! Everyone kept commenting how great... Read More the food was, and it truly was!

Wonderful!

Reviewed on 10/05/2011 Katie D

The whole MA staff was amazing leading up to and on the day of our wedding. Couldn't have asked for more!

Fonthill Wedding

Reviewed on 8/15/2011 Jacquelyn R

We were very pleased with our wedding at Fonthill Castle. Memorable Affairs were extremely professional throughout the entire process, and they made the day of the wedding as stress-free as possible. Thank you!

Amazing, unique venue

Reviewed on 8/03/2011 Mandy B

We were looking for a venue that was a little more modern and less traditional than many reception venues, and Occasions really fit the bill. Cathy was great to work with and helped figure out the details of the day. The food was amazing and all of our guests commented about how... Read More pleased they were with their meals. I really loved the courtyard area and was really looking forward to having our cocktail hour out there. Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not want that to happen and it was too rainy on our wedding day. The cocktail hour still worked out fine in the bar area and the cocktail room. Occasions made the best of the not so great weather. It was an amazing reception and we loved having it at Occasions. If you are looking for a venue that is a little different and has some personality, then take a look at Occasions!

LOOOOOOOVE THEM!!

Reviewed on 7/15/2011 Sarah L

Ok, I know I took a risk by having an almost all-outdoor wedding, but holy smokes was it absolutely worth it!!! The ceremony was picture perfect (by the little stream), the cocktail hour on the terrace was so incredibly unique, and the tented reception was breezy and beautiful.... Read More Memorable affairs has the most delicious food (get the goat cheese crostini app!), and the staff is freaking out of the world. Polite, kind, on their game, helpful and attentive. They did everything I asked them to and more. They took all my crazy requests to heart and set up all my homemade decorations like the pros they are, and Fran and Cathy helped turn my day into a truly once-in-a-lifetime experience. I couldn't have asked for more :) Thanks guys!! :D

A Perfect Day

Reviewed on 11/17/2010 sara m

What more could I have asked for on my wedding day? The Memorable Affairs Staff was wonderful! Fonthill is simply breathtaking. MA did everything for me- all i needed to do was pick the menu, the linens, where our ceremony was going to take place and how many tables we... Read More wanted. The only drawback is that no one can be on the grounds i think 2 hours before the wedding without an added fee- something that I wish I'd realized when it came to scheduling drop-offs and pictures.

Beautiful!

Reviewed on 9/30/2010 Amanda C

I can't tell you how many people have said our wedding was the best wedding they've ever attended. Everything from the venue, to the staff, to the food - everything was amazing! Cathy was wonderful to work with (and Christine, Pat, and Jack in the pre-planning process). Fonthill... Read More is simply gorgeous. We lucked out with an absolutely beautiful day. Wish we could do it all over again! They really took care of everything and made the whole planning process so easy and fun. I have nothing but great memories in the 9 months of planning and our actual wedding day.

Amazing Wedding

Reviewed on 7/26/2010 Kati D

I got married at the Fonthill on July 17th, 2010. It was truly amazing! The food was delicious..the service was impeccable..and the location is breathtaking. There is no place on earth where I would have rather been married. Everything was incredibly beautiful! They also let us... Read More come up with our own floor plan as we really did NOT want a traditional, cookie cutter wedding reception. We created a cocktail lounge atmosphere complete with cigar lounge and large square bar. Very very cool! The whole night flowed beautifully. Thank you memorable affairs!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 becky b

The site offers free valet parking to all guests. Occasions has a large reception room, with a huge dance floor, the bar and cocktail room have great atmosphere and lighting. There are paintings on the walls from local artists. Unlike other 'halls' with super high ceilings... Read More and no atmosphere, occasions feels like you are in a posh restaurant/bar in downtown Manhattan. I loved it!!

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 beth f

I loved everything about our venue. All I had to do was tell them what I wanted and they made EVERYTHING happen. It was a dream;Best time for a wedding there is spring and fall

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Meghan B

Jack and Cathy Skudris the owners were very helpful and paid good attention to detail. They really worked with us on everything we asked. Jack was actually the maitre'd on staff the night of our wedding which made us feel very comfortable. We loved the outdoor courtyard for... Read More cocktail hour and eventually opened the doors from the reception hall out onto the courtyard. It gave a wonderful indoor/outdoor atmosphere. I have heard that the food was excellent from all of our guests although we didn't eat anything.;We asked for the reception room to be dimly lit and I thought it was much to brightly lit. There also is no bridal suite so there's no where for the bridal party to 'decompress' upon arrival or to keep our things. That was a big downer for me. Other than that we had a great experience!

Reviewed on 11/12/2008 Ellen P

It was much fun and staff was so attentive. The food was wonderful. The location was perfect. It was so close to Lambertville so people could walk over the bridge and enjoy both Lambertville and New Hope.

Melissa Manzo McDevitt

Hi! I'm Melissa, a managing partner of Seedling & Sage. Our teams loves food and we love design! From the first time you speak to us, you will notice...we are different. We love creating new and exciting menus, with a heavy emphasis on food and event styling. It's all about the presentation. Colorful, fresh, beautiful food! I'm also an adjunct professor at Temple University for the Event Management Certification Program, having written and taught several programs.It takes a village! Read about our team: http://seedlingandsage.com/stor