Let's Do Good Together

For The Good Hawaii is a full service wedding planning and coordination firm! We can assist you with your planning at any stage and we pride ourselves at providing quality service that fits right within our clients' budgets. We take care of our clients like they are our family. Your trust in us is our most valuable resource. You can rest assured that if you bring on For The Good Hawaii as your wedding planners, that we will take care of you and make your wedding dreams into a reality.

Engagement Party, Getting Engaged, After Party, Rehearsal Dinner, Ceremony, Cocktail Hour, Day After Brunch, Reception, Rehearsal, Wedding

Destination Wedding Planning, Destination Weddings, A la Carte Wedding Planning, Budgeting, Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

All islands & Mainland USA (808) 476-6772
PINTEREST

Reviewed on 4/22/2016 Erika K

Ben and I had a wonderful wedding experience and I credit the For the Good Hawaii team (especially Richel and Mariah) for that. They handled every detail of the process with an incredible level of organization and professionalism that was mind-blowing to us. We could never have... Read More done a fraction of what they do! There were a million moments during the process-- whether they were telling us they had negotiated a deal with a great vendor, managed the numerous contracts, put together the overwhelming amount of information to manage the day-of details, or even offered to help with a problem we were finding intractable (e.g., guest drama)-- that I would tell Ben I wouldn't have been able to do this without them. With them though, it was easy. As an added plus it felt like we were talking with friends instead of with a business. They were a pleasure to work with, understood everything we wanted intuitively, found us amazing vendors, and ultimately our wedding was a total dream come true. Our family and friends told us it was a blast and they had an amazing time, which is all we could have hoped for and more. If I could rank them a 15/10 I would :-D.

Reviewed on 6/19/2016

Nathan and I married in Maui on the 7th June 2016, in the presence of 30 of our closest family and friends. All from Australia! I started doing all the wedding planning on my own, but soon realised that I was in to deep. Thankfully, I was quickly able to enlist the help of... Read More Richel, Mariah and their 'For The Good Hawaii' team. I was immediately put at ease upon speaking with Richel over viber. I swear that woman does not sleep! There were times that she would be messaging me to cover things in the middle of the night Hawaiian time!! They are definitely highly organised and efficient while always portraying an essence of being calm and in control, which will put any bride at ease. Lastly, it would be the special touches and the lengths they went to to make us and our wedding day feel one in a million. For instance, on Valentine's Day we received a bouquet of chocolates (arranged all the way from Hawaii!) and as a wedding present they gave us a highlights video of our wedding day, done by their own videographer! We thoroughly enjoyed our wedding day, much to the thanks of the hard work of the FTG Hawaii team! Choose them! You won't regret it!

Reviewed on 6/17/2016 Thuy T

Richel and Mariah did an amazing job of helping us plan and coordinate our wedding on 5/29/16. We live in Seattle, and planning a destination wedding in Oahu posed some challenges. Richel and Mariah were amazing in making things run smoothly. They are organized and diligent,... Read More they have great network of vendors, and they have an amazing team. Our wedding wouldn't have been as great as it was without them. We wanted to have a coordinator so that our family and friends could just relax and enjoy the wedding day and that's exactly what happened. I woke up with my husband to be, we were able to jog on the beach and enjoy breakfast. Our friends walked down the beach to rehearse their toasts. Our family hung out on the beach and swam hours before the wedding, who can say that??! All this was able to happen because we knew the girls had everything taken care of. They really went above and beyond what we could have imagined. I am so grateful for all the help that they put into making my wedding day so magical.

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Jonnie N

Thanks Mariah and Richel for all the great work that you put into making our wedding everything we could’ve ever imagined. I couldn’t have done it without your guidance and support. I can’t believe when I started planning my wedding that I thought I could’ve done it without a... Read More planner- because once I saw all that you ladies do, I was blown away. Thank you so much!

Reviewed on 10/21/2017 Kealoha L

Richel basically became my best friend over the months that she planned my wedding. She took the time walk me through everything, and made sure I was excited about my choices. She understood me. For example, I was trying to explain my idea for my centerpieces, but I didn’t know... Read More how to make my idea practical. Richel talked me through it and then she sketched out a design concept and I was like OMG this is exactly what I wanted. She understood me so well! I was really blown away by her team and how professional and friendly they all were. They checked on me while I was getting ready, made sure we were all comfortable before the ceremony, had drinks ready for us, and more. If you’re looking for a planner- believe me, For The Good, is the best there is. Take this from a happy bride who still messages Richel just to chat and catch up because I miss her and her team so much!!

Reviewed on 10/20/2017 Caitlyn M

Absolutely impressed with how Mariah, Richel, and their entire team of coordinators can do it all! I was so blown away by the level of professionalism and grace that they had throughout the time we worked with them. Mariah made me feel so comfortable and relaxed- which is ideal... Read More for any destination bride! My day was perfect, and I couldn’t have done it without them. FTG provided me with the best vendors, amazing ideas, and their design work is beyond measure. So happy and so thankful for them!

Reviewed on 10/13/2017 Krysta C

My husband and I just got married recently and we used For The Good Hawai‘i as our wedding planning team. We knew from the moment we made contact with them, that we wanted them as our planners. They made me feel so comfortable and at ease. It was such a nice feeling being able... Read More to confide and trust in someone to help make sure my day was perfect. Richel worked closely with me through the planning process, sorting through vendor choices, going through different designs, and more. She was patient and always had good suggestions that I ended up loving! Their day of Team was also so kind and amazing. They were handling everything so we didn’t have to worry. They even cleaned up our hotel suite and made it presentable for us to return to. It was such a nice gesture and all my friends and family were saying how beautiful my wedding was and that all their interactions with For the good were spectacular!

Reviewed on 10/03/2017 Elizabeth C

My wedding dreams came true because of For The Good. We booked them for full planning & design and they handled everything (and let us get to do all the fun things!!). It was so helpful having them be able to sort through quotes, proposals, ideas, and more! Richel spent a lot of... Read More time with me on the phone, answering my emails late at night, and all my other crazy requests. Everything turned out perfect and I couldnt have asked for a better planner. From their vendor recommendations, to their amazing taste in design, it was all so good!

Reviewed on 9/30/2017 Sarah K

Richel and Mariah are the best and I am so thankful for their talents and time to help my husband and I with our wedding planning. Not only are they friendly and kind, but they area detail-oriented and know the ins and outs of the industry. We couldn't have done it without them... Read More and our wedding was absolutely perfect.

Reviewed on 9/29/2017 Raina W

When my husband Josh and I decided we wanted to get away and have an intimate wedding in Hawaii, we began researching out options. We were extremely fortunate to have found For The Good. We booked a styled elopement through them. It was such a stress-free process. Since we were... Read More all coming from Australia, and it was only a handful of our closest pals, we wanted something beautiful and simple. For The Good's styled elopements allowed Josh and I to select different styles for each piece of our ceremony. All I had to do was say "yes" to each style I wanted and their team handled the rest. It was such a big stress reliever knowing we didn't have to plan anything other than our travel! The ceremony was beautiful and their team even made our celebration dinner arrangements for us. Quite an amazing experience! So glad we booked them for our wedding.

Reviewed on 9/27/2017 Laurie Ann S

Hiring For The Good Hawaii was the best thing that ever happened during our wedding planning process! I saw their beautiful work on a Instagram and knew that I wanted my wedding to be just as lovely as the other ones I've seen them do! I sent them an inquiry email and literally... Read More like an hour later, Richel responded to me and was so welcoming and friendly! She created a proposal for me and mad enough sure to be respectful of our budget as well. We went with their partial planning package, as I had already secured a few vendors prior to booking them. All of the vendors we booked prior actually recommended FTG as well so I thought that that said a lot considering how much nice things everyone else had to say. When we booked with them, they had great tools and resources ready for us and made all our thoughts organized. One thing I really liked was that they took the time to do a lot of wedding design for us. They actually built out a 3D rendering of our reception so we could better visualize how all our rentals would look. Not exaggerating at all- our wedding looked exactly like the rendering!!! It was so cool! My husband appreciated not having to worry about anything and for me to have someone to talk to about all the little details! On wedding day, we were completely relaxed. Everything went so smoothly and enjoyable- I couldn't imagine how I would've done it had it not been for my wonderful wedding planners. They took care of everything and made sure everyone was having a great time!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Emily D

I am so overjoyed that For The Good Hawaii was my wedding planning team. From start to finish, these ladies are 100% the real deal. I think that their eye for design and their taste is spot on, and made it so easy for my husband and I to put our entire trust in them! I'd highly... Read More recommend them for your wedding. I don't know what we would've done without them... haha probably elope! (oh wait, they help plan those too.... dang the FTG team has us covered!!) Love love love loveeeeeee them!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Pua N

I should have wrote this months ago, but it's been such a busy whirlwind since the wedding! But nonetheless, this review is well overdue! If I could give them 100000 stars, I would- FTGH is literally that good! I began planning my wedding while I was working full time, raising... Read More a 2 year old son, and settling into our new house. You can imagine how crazy my life felt. That's why my now hubby told me to just hire a planner. He said it's not worth me stressing out about everything when I could get help. My only regret is that I hired them from the very beginning of my planning!!! I wasted months trying to do it on my own, but when they came in, they took care of everything! It is such a huge stress relief to have them as our planning team. I could go to sleep on time, wake up and focus on work, and spend time with my child. More than that, FTGH also made sure to remind my husband and I to enjoy being engaged and remember the real reason for this wedding. Just having great focus and care for us was more than I could ever ask for. Thank you for all you ladies did! Richel, we couldn't have gotten through all the planning without your expertise! Mariah- you provided us so many options and were always honest with us about how to make the best choices. We owe you both the world for making our wedding PERFECT!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Jessica G

NOTHING SHORT OF AMAZING!!! Mariah and Richel you are the true definition of superheros! Thank you for making our wedding day so great! I will remember this forever and I'm so happy! Thank you!!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Kathryn A

My friend referred For The Good Hawaii to me when I was beginning planning my wedding. I was really surprised at how inclusive their wedding planning packages were. Richel even went out of her way further customize the proposal based on what we discussed in our consultation.... Read More Planning the wedding from Australia didn't seem like it would be easy, so when everyone was telling me I should hire a planner, I felt like I needed someone I could really trust. It felt so easy and natural with For The Good. During the planning process, Richel would give me action items that she needed my thoughts on. She would use my answers to find me the best vendors who matched exactly what I wanted. She took the time to review all my contracts and make sure that it was what I wanted. When we flew in and got to our hotel, we were so surprised with a welcome gift from For The Good waiting for us in our hotel room. It was such a sweet gesture and kicked off an amazing week in Hawaii. They took care of our guest welcome gifts, making reservations for the welcome luau, and helped take care of all the details. The actual wedding was flawless. It went by so quickly, but all I could think of was that none of this would have been possible without For The Good. I am so thankful for them and can now look back at my dream wedding!

Reviewed on 9/26/2017 Melanie Y

Thank you so much Richel, Mariah, and your team!!! You helped my hubby and I so much with our wedding and we feel so great that we made the choice to work with you! On your welcome email to me, you finished it with the phrase "let's do good, together!" It really felt like that's... Read More exactly what we did. You took the time to listen to all my ideas, and girl, I know some of them were crazy! Hehehe! :) but you found a way to reign in all my thoughts and transform it into everything I could have ever imagined. On the day of the wedding, the FTG Team checked in on my bridesmaids and I while we were getting ready and made sure we were doing okay. They also made sure all the guys were at the hotel and knew what time they had to get ready. My MOH kept telling me how on top of it they all were and she was impressed. FTG also managed to set up all my DIY projects and they even have this really useful tool that we work with them on so that way I can document exactly where and how I want those items set. My hubby told me to put this in our review: I will never forget seeing our wedding coordinator walking towards me with a cold beer and tray of pupus (food) in her hand to give me. She knew I'd be starving and wanted to give me something to eat and drink before the 10000 of photos we took. That was so good! Thank you is not an adequate phrase to show how much we appreciate you Richel and Mariah! We love you guys and you're forever a part of our familia! Hiring For The Good Hawaii made all the difference in our experience! Mahalo!

Reviewed on 9/25/2017 Leilani W

This review is so long overdue, but I was looking through my wedding photos this morning & realized that I forgot to write here about my amazing planning team! I feel that even though our wedding happened a few months ago, I am still so high on the wedding bliss- and it is, no... Read More joke, all cuz of the ladies at For The Good! I was really hesitant about bringing in a planning team because I have a big family and I thought to myself, "I'll just have my mom and aunties all help with the day-of stuff." But, I had been following them on their Instagram and everytime I saw them post a tip video, I'd be like "OMG that's a good idea" so out of the blue I decided to meet for a consult.... and the rest is history! haha. Richel and Mariah were the best to work with. They are so calm and collected, yet make sure that anytime I had a question, that it was answered with detail. It was really refreshing. They also go above and beyond to make sure we feel special! We received lovely holiday greetings, gifts, and were totally spoiled. I can't thank them enough. I miss our meetings and phone calls!! You're seriously going to love them!!

Reviewed on 9/21/2017 Chelsea R

We are beyond happy with everything that For The Good Hawaii did for us. We made a lot of important decisions when it came to our wedding, but my husband and I both agree that hiring For The Good Hawaii as our planning team, was the best decision ever- hands down. They are the... Read More perfect combination between Wonder Woman, my Fairy Godmother, Best Friend, and wedding genius. We live in Georgia and I was so overwhelmed trying to plan it all and not knowing where to start. We wanted a small and intimate wedding, surrounded by our friends and family. They have these AMAZINGLY designed packages called "Styled Elopements." They find the best vendors and have everything prepped and ready for you. I didn't even know it could be done that easily. We worked with Richel and Mariah and the two of them are a dynamic team. I always loved our phone calls and Skype meetings because they made me feel so calm and comfortable. And they lived up to it on the day-of as well! Book them! Book them! Book them! Best wedding planners EVER!!!

Reviewed on 9/20/2017 Melissa H

Working with For The Good Hawaii was absolutely a dream come true. I look back at our wedding day a few months ago and have the biggest smile on my face because everything went so perfectly. Because my now husband and I live on the mainland, the idea of planning a wedding in... Read More Hawaii seemed almost impossible. I found For The Good through Instagram and fell in love with their beautiful work. I reached out for a quote through their website, and received information very promptly. Richel took the time to answer all my questions and made me feel very comfortable. I remember in my initial consult with her, she told me "I am working for you, and making sure you have the best day of your life is my priority." She lived up to that in every way possible. We ended up booking their full planning package and we felt so pampered throughout the entire planning process. Richel, Mariah, and their team responded to emails quickly, provided amazing suggestions and ideas, and were expert designers. They came up with a style guide for us that helped solidify our vision and ideas (and believe me, I know they sifted through my 1000000 pins haha). They also made a beautiful rendering of our venue and it was so crazy because we actually got to see what our wedding would look like beforehand! I was just so impressed with their service, but more than that, their grace and kindness. I felt no stress and on the day of the wedding, their team took care of everything. I couldn't have done it without them and you'd regret it if you didn't hire this amazing team!

Reviewed on 7/09/2017 Ashley J

We worked with Richel and the For The Good team for our wedding at Kualoa Ranch and we 100% recommend them to anyone looking for wedding coordinators. We were on the fence on even using a wedding coordinator team when we were first starting to plan the wedding about a year prior... Read More and we are SO happy that we ended up deciding to. Richel had monthly check-in calls to review timelines, checklists, and provided recommendations and feedback when we needed it so we always felt like their team was on top of it. For the rehearsal, they guided us through how the process worked since a lot of us had never been apart of a wedding before and gave great tips and pointers for the day of the wedding. And on the day of the wedding, my oh my did they come through! Seriously, nothing went wrong for us the entire evening. Anytime a drink was empty, their team was already there with another in hand. Everything was set up and ready ahead of time which made the whole day and evening 100% stress free. We seriously can't recommend their team enough.

Reviewed on 5/04/2017 Tasha G

For The Good Hawaii were an amazing help with our Maui wedding. Their services relieved stress and brought attention to areas that we may have missed. Melissa and the crew had great personalities and even let us do a payment plan. Thank you for everything!

Reviewed on 2/16/2017 Maile D

The best decision we did for our wedding was hire For The Good as our planning team. Richel and Mariah made everything easy and took away so much stress from my husband and I. I can't even begin to say enough great things about them because they really were there for everything... Read More and made me feel so comfortable. I felt like they had answers to all my questions and they even went above and beyond to clarify things to help me feel at ease with my decision. Also my husband is the typical guy who wasn't really into wedding planning too much, but he was the one who was also excited for our planning meetings. He said that Richel and Mariah were honest and realistic and he felt that he could trust them to have our back through the process. Seriously, best.decision.ever. Their team is so professional yet they make it so personable.

Reviewed on 1/25/2017 Connie H

It was a blessing to work with the For the Good Team. In looking for wedding coordinators in the Honolulu area, it was paramount to find a team with knowledge of the industry in addition to expert communications skills. Richel was very capable, knowledgeable and responsive to... Read More all requests and provided high quality referrals for any vendor I needed. I also had a chance to see their work in action and witness their great relationships with other local vendors. They hosted a wedding mixer at the YWCA/Cafe Julia and invited couples to mingle with vendors. From start to finish, it was a flawless event. We had socializing time, with a "game" to meet vendors, then we sampled some amazing cuisine from the partner venue (Cafe Julia). There were also raffles/giveaways in addition to an awesome limo ride for the guests at the end. I can only imagine the level of detail and coordination that must have been required to pull off such a great event and they executed it very well. Sign up for their emails to be invited! I loved their professional presence online, in addition to their robust Instagram account with snapshots of real weddings. All this made for a very pleasant and stress free relationship which is absolutely necessary for a soon to be bride!

Reviewed on 12/17/2016 Wendy T

I am embarrassed to say they were my coordinators. No communication. No leadership. No organization. The contract was not followed. My entire wedding party, guests, & family knew how stressed out we were. It was embarrassing. My MC/bridesmaids/MOH had to save the day. Their 3... Read More assistants tried to make it easier for us, but there was no communication/leadership from Richel or Mariah. Even with 4 other people helping, Richel could not deliver. THE LIST GOES ON & ON. We spoke to her about the rain plan, wedding crashers, extra seats, etc. We talked about several scenarios and were assured that the wedding will go smoothly. However, the plans we talked about were not implemented. We requested a full refund, but she could only provide $100.Nothing on the contract was followed. All we got were BS excuses. Yes, there would be bumps along the way, but Richel should have responsibility to what an actual Day of Coordinator does! Richel promised a lot of things and failed to deliver. During the POST WEDDING REVIEW(PWR), her main reason for not providing all of the assumed services was that the services were not included in the Day of Coordinator package. Another excuse she provided was that most couples do not want to be overwhelmed by the coordinators, which could've been avoided if she had asked for our preference. My husband & I are upset because when we agreed to the contract, she said that she & her team would be there when we needed them & help us make our wedding day go by smoothly. She said someone would be in our rooms when we got ready, someone would be nearby during the ceremony/reception, someone would cue for speeches, fix problems, etc. Yes, we purchased the Day of Wedding, but she did NOTHING as a Day of Coordinator. A wedding crasher slipped through and an actual wedding guest (a really good friend) was tossed around because they could not find him on the invite list. Instead of clarifying with us who he was, he was tossed around. He was on the list when we showed it to her at the PWR. I told her at the week of the wedding meeting there would be extra seats in case someone showed up. A friend, who tried really hard to make it to our wedding, was told to leave & was randomly walking around the room. During the wedding rehearsal I asked, "When would the wedding party know when to stand or sit." Mariah's answer: "They are expected to know." I was like, shit. Basically, I had to tell everyone what to do. Richel & Mariah didn't have us prepare what to think or do for our wedding party. In our contract there was supposed to be 3 monthly meetings before the wedding date, but we met 1 month before the wedding with the venue coordinator & a timeline meeting the week of the wedding. But, the necessary changes we discussed were not made to the timeline. There were more items to the contract, but of course she made EXCUSES. Richel said they would be there 11am. But, didn't show up till 12ish. She said that one of her assistants can pick up our leis, but Richel told us (11 days later) she had to do it. She had 5 people working that day. When we confronted her that the timeline said 11am, she said there were necessary changes(?) & that we were supposed to check the google drive document she updated. How were we supposed to know that we were supposed to check google drive on the day of wedding. She tried to blame it on the groom. There's more, but there's not enough room for me to say.

Reviewed on 4/04/2016 Ashley D

Richel and Mariah at FTG literally saved me from so much stress and anxiety! They're absolutely AMAZING and made the whole process so easy and fun. They took care of everything and it made my fiance and I so happy. From answering my midnight texts to bringing snacks so my... Read More daughter was content during our meetings, the team at FTG was so thoughtful and kind. 100% recommend For The Good Hawaii!

Richel & Mariah

With a background in Events, Marketing, PR, and Management, Richel and Mariah help lead their team of trained wedding specialists as they plan and create one-of-a-kind weddings and events for their clients. Richel and Mariah have known each other since they were young children and grew up as close friends. Their love for details, design, and all things wedding, enables them to create a beautiful and personalized experience for their clients. When they're not with clients or at weddings, Richel and Mariah enjoy going to brunch, sipping on mimosas, and the occasional jetset to Vegas.