Forget Me Knot Events

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Serving the Reno/Lake Tahoe area, Incline Village, NV
Serving the Reno/Lake Tahoe area

Reviewed on 10/18/2016 Alyssa S

Hands down BEST wedding planner there is! Now I may not have a lot of experience with other wedding planners seeing as how I've only been married just this once ;) but Donna is the most buttoned up, organized and thorough person you could ever want to help with your wedding...... Read More even for a type A personality like me. Donna and I hit it off immediately when we did our in person meeting and my fiance (at the time) was a huge fan as well! She was dedicated to making sure that our vision came to fruition without any false promises. One thing I loved most about working with Donna is that she is a realist and extremely experienced. When my head was in the clouds with ideas, she helped to narrow them down to ones we could actually accomplish without sacrificing the creativity. I cannot tell you how much I appreciate this. I have to be completely honest in that I probably gave Donna a run for her money with my plethora of vendors and many moving parts, but she nailed every single detail and made our special day something we will never forget. It felt so true to us as a couple and we have Donna and her team to thank for that. The other great thing about Donna is that she shared in the excitement of our wedding. Whenever Nate and I came up with a new idea she was right there with excited to see how we could make it work and in many case making the final plan even better. She was very cautious of our budget and provided options to fit that. And I have to talk about Donna just as a human being. It's important to have someone who is great at their job, but for Nate and I it was also very important to have someone we liked, trusted and got along with. Donna is hilarious and helped to ease a lot of stressful conversations and decisions with witty comments and lighthearted banter. She was easy to talk to and was very respectful of all the different input from myself, Nate, my parents, etc... She is just so sweet and caring and you can tell she loves what she does!

Reviewed on 9/22/2016

I cannot say enough good things about Donna and ForgetMeKnot Events!! We recently worked with Donna on our Lake Tahoe Wedding and the whole event went perfectly. Donna was extremely organized and responsive leading up to the event. She had great opinions when I asked her for... Read More advice or feedback - I really trusted her throughout the whole process. She went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly - I had a last minute tasting and she went out of her way join us with less than a days notice. Icing on the cake: she has a great sense of humor and put me at ease if there was ever any stress! When it came to the day of the wedding I never thought twice about the details - I knew Donna had taken care of anything. Using ForgetMeKnot events was the best decision we could have ever made - I couldn't imagine the wedding planning process without Donna! I highly recommend doing the same!

Private Estate Perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Donna and Forget Me Knot Events were amazing to work with. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding in a private home in Tahoe, which sounds lovely, but is a logistical nightmare. But Donna made it happen! Truly, our wedding was perfect; all of the important details were just... Read More right and if there were hiccups the day of, I never knew about them; Donna handled it. We got so many compliments about our wedding and specific compliments from several people about our wedding planner; people were impressed with how calm, professional and friendly Donna was, even under pressure. Without hesitation, I would recommend Donna and Forget Me Knot Events; in fact, I already have!

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Hamilton J

Believe the hype!!! We feel so fortunate to have worked with Donna for our Reno wedding. She met and exceeded our (admittedly high!) expectations in every single respect. She is creative, caring, thorough, responsive, and kind — everything we could hope for in a wedding... Read More planner. HIRE HER. You will not regret it. Donna, thank you so much for making our wedding so amazing! We couldn’t have done it without you.

Reviewed on 9/22/2016 Sarah K

I can not say enough about Donna and her assistant. She is very well organized, kind, and responsive. We hired her for our wedding and I can not stop telling people how seamless and stress free she made our day. Everything exceed our expectations and solidified our decision to... Read More include this type of service in our budget.

Reviewed on 9/21/2016 Atha H

When my daughter & I began our search for a wedding planner, I was wary. This was to be a destination wedding at Lake Tahoe. I live in Texas, and my daughter lives in D.C. How could we ever find someone who could work with us and our hectic schedules to plan a wedding in... Read More another state? After calling several planners and being totally discouraged, we were lucky enough to find THE wedding planner of all wedding planners - Donna Putnam! She was very easy to talk to, and made us so comfortable from the initial conversation. She is meticulous, and helped us find the perfect venue, photographer, florist, makeup & hair people,DJ, party rental place, table linens, etc. For an entire year prior to the wedding, she kept us updated with spreadsheets. She answered any and all questions (no matter how dumb) and always had great suggestions! She is a true gem, with a great sense of humor. Such a positive person and her eye for design is spectacular. The day prior to the wedding, she made my daughter feel so comfortable. She walked us through the entire rehearsal, never rushing. The day of the ceremony, she was there with a big smile and a truly caring attitude. I do not know what I would have done without all her guidance. When my daughter came up to me after the ceremony and said, "Mom, I feel like a princess! This day has been perfect!" I knew that I owed it all to Donna. Everything was beyond beautiful and went so smoothly! I highly recommend Donna Putman and Forget Me Knot Events.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Amanda H

Donna was a delight to work with in planning and executing my wedding. I work as a project manager in Washington, D.C. and was concerned that I could not manage my Lake Tahoe wedding in person. I spoke with a few other vendors, but when I talked to Donna and then saw her... Read More detailed day-of project plans and budget sheets, I knew I would be in project management heaven. She kept to just the right amount of detail without being too tedious. Following a conversation about how much input I wanted in to certain aspects of the wedding planning process, Donna helped me find vendors and a venue I had not even researched on my own. She knows who is who in the Lake Tahoe and Reno area, and she was able to secure several discounts because she know what to ask. I loved the amount of follow-up emails she sent (not a ton but enough to keep us on track) and the detailed budget sheet she kept updated throughout the process. We had most of the details sorted out many months ahead of time, and I came to the wedding as relaxed as a bride could be. If there were any problems on my wedding day, I didn’t know about them. Donna kept the ceremony and reception flowing and was on hand for vendors. Honestly I do not know what I would have done without her and would recommend her highly to any bride in the Reno/Tahoe area. Her services were worth every penny and more.

Reviewed on 9/16/2016 Carey G

Donna Putnam was absolutely amazing! My husband and I highly recommend her, as we were extremely pleased with her services! She is very approachable, creative and professional. I live in Texas and married in Tahoe, so using someone like Donna was extremely important. Every... Read More single one of our vendors and the wedding site were all also very pleased with her and her assistant. I'm sure the job can be stressful, however she does the job without ever seeming frazzled or frustrated. It is clear that she loves being a wedding planner! Our wedding way was better than I ever imagined, thanks to Donna!

Reviewed on 8/29/2016

1 year later and I'm finally getting around to my review! I hired Donna for 'day of' wedding coordination and she was just amazing. I didn't have a wedding coordinator at first, and when it got to be about a month and a half out from the big day, I realized there were a lot of... Read More logistical things coming up in the next month as well as on the wedding day itself that I didn't want to delegate to my friends and family - I just wanted them to have a good time! From the very first phone call I had with Donna, I felt SO taken care of and wanted to hug her through the phone for how relieved she made me feel! She went above and beyond what I ever imagined a 'day of' coordinator to be. She helped me with my timeline, coordinated everything with all of my vendors for that month through the actual day, ran my rehearsal, set up all my decorations on wedding day, brought all of my gifts/cards up to my room that night, and countless other little things that made everything run smoothly. The week leading up to my wedding, I was really nervous about the weather and kept going back and forth with my event rental vendor about whether or not I wanted a tent - Donna went above and beyond in this situation, giving me her professional opinion on what to do, even calling the event rental company multiple times after I kept flip-flopping my decision and was too scared to call myself! If you don't have a wedding coordinator, I highly recommend getting one, specifically Donna - she's worth it!

Reviewed on 8/19/2016 Kelly G

If you are getting married in the Tahoe area - hire Donna! We live in San Francisco, and we had over 200 guests travel to Tahoe for our big day. Needless to say, finding a great local planner was really important. She kept everything extremely well-organized, while being... Read More professional, responsive and friendly to us, our guests and our vendors. She offered helpful suggestions and solutions for last minute changes and she managed all the behind-the-scenes coordination that allowed us to simply enjoy the day.

Reviewed on 8/18/2016

I don't even know where to begin, Donna is my fairy wedding angel! I don't know how I could have possibly planned a wedding as I don't know the ins and outs like Donna does. She is extremely organized, professional, quick to respond to my emails, and has a great sense of humor... Read More to boot! She made a very detailed budget for us, all of the spreadsheets she made (and there were a lot!) helped me stay organized and calm during what can be a very stressful time! All of her recommendations (Dj, florist, etc.) turned out beautifully. You just can't go wrong with her. My day was perfect and ran smoothly, and I owe it all to her.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Donna & the whole Forget Me Knot team were wonderful for our Day of Coordination. Thorough, detail oriented & a pleasure to work with. Highly recommend.

Reviewed on 7/06/2016

Winter Perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Allie W

If you’re getting married in the Reno-Tahoe area, Donna and Forget Me Knot Events should be your absolute go to for planning and executing your dream vision. From the first conversation with Donna, I knew that my wedding was in the most capable hands. I envisioned a white... Read More winter wedding in Tahoe and Donna came up with the most creative and classy execution of my idea. Her choices of photography, floral, and catering vendors were spot on and fit everything that I hoped for. And she is a master problem solver…because there was a power outage the night before the wedding, the wrong colored linens were delivered. I never discovered this detail until halfway through the reception!!! Donna has such an eye for detail and no one had any idea that the wrong thing was delivered. Our wedding flowed flawlessly and it was the perfect celebration. Donna created the perfect day and we are incredibly lucky to have had her in our corner!

Fantastic wedding coordinator!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 wendy h

Donna Putnam recently served as wedding coordinator for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at Lake Tahoe's West Shore Cafe & Inn. We live in the Bay Area and so all the wedding planning happened via email and phone. Donna was prompt, friendly and professional at all times.... Read More She has a real gift for being extremely organized and proactive while also being truly sensitive, flexible and responsive to our questions and concerns. A remarkable skill set! She also worked well throughout the process with the venue and other vendors, coordinating and communicating in a way that was effective and friendly. Her ongoing and evolving time line gave us a real sense of comfort and control! Both at the rehearsal and the day of wedding, Donna’s services were invaluable. At the rehearsal, she was very diplomatic and efficient at managing all our overexcited family and friends without ever seeming bossy or impatient. She unobtrusively worked with the officiant and venue employees to clarify specific points about the event details that we would never have thought of. She was even super sweet and humorous with our young, rambunctious ring bearer and flower girls. The day of the wedding she seemed to be in about a dozen places at once! She oversaw vendor deliveries, got people where they needed to be, kept track of the timing, all the while smiling and seeming completely relaxed. She even produced a needle and thread at the last minute for a loose button on the wedding dress! Our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding day was exactly what they’d envisioned, and my husband and I were able to enjoy being guests at the event rather than harried hosts. We highly recommend Donna Putnam and forgetmeknotevents!

Wonderful Lake Tahoe Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Emily H

I wholeheartedly recommend Donna to anyone planning a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area. Donna was my "month of" wedding planner for my wedding this October at West Shore Cafe. She listened carefully to all of my preferences, ideas, and concerns, and she was very quick to respond... Read More to calls and emails. She designed a very detailed timeline for the wedding day and coordinated the timing/schedule for all the other vendors. In the last week before the wedding, Donna was very helpful with last minute changes. Early on she also provided very helpful suggestions for vendors I had not yet booked (Lake DJ!). Personality-wise, I found Donna very friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic, and she was not overly bossy during the rehearsal or wedding (something my fiancé had concerns about). In summary, hire Donna as your wedding planner. You won't be disappointed.

Donna Is Actually THE Best

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Bianca G

We hired Donna for "day of the wedding". She handled everything for us and overall, helped me relax. I didn't have to worry about the rest of my vendors on the day. She made sure everyone was where/when they were supposed to be and that everything looked beautiful. I honestly... Read More think that I would've lost my cool if I didn't have a professional handling all the little things. After getting engaged, you think the big stuff is what is going to make you lose your cool, but its actually the little things that you don't even think about; that's where Donna comes to the rescue. I truly believe she went above and beyond in making sure that my day went as smooth as possible. She took the stress out of the emotionally charged day. The only thing she wanted me to be thinking about was my husband to be. She wanted me to enjoy every moment and that meant so much to me that I was able to do that. I SO appreciated the input that she gave for style and colors. Even if you think you've got it perfect, she will make a recommendation that just completes it. She also referred us to a lot of our other vendors for the wedding and we were so happy with the vendors we chose. I can say, without hesitation, that Donna is an angel of wedding planning and I highly recommend using her as a planner, whether its for the whole process, or for the day of. She really takes care of her clients and has their best interest at heart. You can see the passion that she has for what she does and that makes the difference in how amazing she is at her job. Thank you so much Donna, for making my special day, extra special. We both are so thankful that we had you there. You made our day PERFECT! XO

Dream Marriage and Wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Erica M

I have always gone by the quote "design your dream marriage, not your dream wedding" I had never been the girl who would dream about her wedding, nor had I ever planned anything further than what I was going to do the following day. No, my husband is the planner, and I'm the... Read More one who hopes everything happens for the best. While my husband was deployed, I knew I had to ask for help so we would be able to have our special day planned when he returned. I have known Donna for many years, and I knew without a doubt that she would be the one who I would contact. Donna is not only thoughtful, caring, organized and talented, she is reassuring, and listens to visions and carries them out seamlessly. My husband and I had a very inflexible budget and she worked very diligently helping us fit in all of the pieces. Those pieces included fragments of ideas that I had found off of pinterest that I wanted included in the wedding, with a difficult ceremony offsite of where the reception would be held. Donna was able to take my scattered vision and turn it into something off of a movie! Walking into my own wedding I couldn't catch my breath. Donna was a guest at my wedding, and her assistant took care of everything during the reception. This included bringing a plate of appetizers to my husband and I when we didn't have time to try any, and never letting our drinks run out! I didn't even know that kind of thoughtfulness was included. I could go on for pages about how wonderful Donna and Forget Me Knot Events is, but if you're like me and skim through reviews know this; Donna's vision is timeless, she is seamless with putting everything together and I did not worry or hesitate for a moment trusting her with my entire (15-hour long) day. It was absolutely perfect. Thank you thank you, thank you!

Thomas and Erica's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Donna and her company, Forget Me Knot Events, put together such an amazing day for my daughter and her new husband. Every detail was handled so perfectly. She took Erica's ideas and made them a beautiful reality. I know the amount of time and effort it took to put together the... Read More reception and we could not have done anything as beautiful as is it was without her talent and vision. She took a blank canvas and made it into a work of art. From the Décor to the detailed timeline to the execution of the moment by moment plan she made the actual day seamless and a day to celebrate. Donna is very knowledgeable when it comes to choosing the right vendors and communicating all of the details to them. We did not have to worry about anything and that made for a perfect day. We are so grateful to Donna and her team for everything. There are not enough ways to say "thank you" You're simply the best Donna!

The Bees Knees

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Alicia W

Donna Putnam was a dream come true! Our wedding day was seamless and went off without a hitch. I give all the credit to Donna's stellar expertise! After our initial conversation I felt comfortable and confident that Donna heard my vision for our wedding day. Donna recommended... Read More fantastic vendors and provided thoughtful suggestions throughout the whole process. She made planning one hundred times easier! I loved and appreciated how detail oriented and organized Donna was. I did not have to worry about a single thing come the day of our wedding. She is a wizard at what she does! I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone I know getting married in the Reno/Tahoe area. She is a such a joy to work with!

2015-09-17T11:37:21 Response from the vendor

You two were a joy and I LOVED every moment of working with you. So much fun and such a beautiful day. :) Thank you!!

Best Coordinator Around

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Allison L

I wish I could give more stars. I cannot say enough about how AMAZING Donna is and what a fantastic job she did coordinating our wedding. She went above and beyond so many times throughout the months leading up to the wedding and especially on the day of. As an example I... Read More totally forgot to bring over our cutting cake from our hotel room. Donna noticed it was missing and said not to worry about it- we gave her our room key and she went over and got it for us. Then at the end of the night, we get back to our hotel room and she had already left for us in our room many of our gifts, cards, and decorations. I honestly have no idea how she is so organized, and that's coming from someone who feels like a pretty organized person. Using her was the best decision we made when planning our wedding.

2015-08-18T14:48:06 Response from the vendor

You guys were amazing!! THE most EPIC wedding party entrance ever! Absolutely LOVED the day and working with you both. Cheers to you both for a long and happy life together!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Donna Putnam is a very nice professional planner. She knows her business well. She first talks to the couple to find out what they want for their day. She sends a time line with updates that helps to keep them organized and not overwhelmed. Donna recommended vendors to choose... Read More from and coordinated everything. She handled the rehearsal and of course was at the wedding with her assistant. She also organized and picked up the personal items, gifts etc. and put them in our room. I highly recommend Donnna she takes care of so many things and helps take the stress out about day.

2015-08-18T14:49:18 Response from the vendor

You and your daughter are SO sweet. It was my absolute pleasure to work with you both. What a beautiful day and wonderful time had by all.

Dream Day

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Betsy V

Donna and her team were absolutely amazing for my husband and I's special day at Edgewood, in Lake Tahoe. Donna was super organized and listened to everything that we wanted and envisioned leading up to the wedding day. She worked great with all of our vendors, including our... Read More florist and photographer. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and we have Donna and her team to thank for that! Donna is caring and personable, and really cares the happiness and satisfaction of her clients!

Amazing Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Evelyn M

Thank you, Donna, for making things so much easier for me during my wedding. I know there are still so many things I don’t know about that you handled for me, but I felt like the day went off smoothly and without a hitch. I can’t thank you enough for that. Stephanie was great... Read More too. I would highly recommend Forget Me Knot Events. They were super detailed, able to think on their feet, be flexible and deal with all types of people (personalities) and situations. It really made a world of difference and I was lucky to have you on my team.

Day of Coordiantion

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Donna and Evelyn made the day run smoothly without me having to worry about anything! They were also great to fix last minute changes.

Start a Conversation!