Forget Me Knot Events

Serving the Reno/Lake Tahoe area

Specialists in Unforgettable Events

Forget Me Knot Events, Ltd. are specialists in creating unforgettable events for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, corporate events, fundraisers, and just plain fun throughout Reno, NV and the Tahoe area. We can turn your event dreams into an unforgettable and affordable reality.

Day-Of Coordination, Full Service Wedding Planning, Planning

Serving the Reno/Lake Tahoe area, Reno, NV
Serving the Reno/Lake Tahoe area

Reviewed on 9/06/2014 Jessica P

Donna Putnam was the most exceptional wedding planner I could've imagined working with. I live in San Diego (and have a very demanding full-time job) and she helped me plan my wedding in Lake Tahoe. I interviewed 5-7 different planners and not only was Donna the most cost... Read More effective, she was the only planner who I trusted with my wedding. She was pleasant, precise, organized and thorough. She completed everything on time and uncovered many things/details that needed to be changed/adjusted before the wedding day. My rehearsal and wedding day ran perfectly without a single glitch. Donna sent out the most intricate and easy to follow timeline to all of my vendors and wedding party (and my vendors were amazed by the timeline saying they've never seen anything so thorough and organized). She has a great reputation amongst vendors in the Reno/Tahoe area and I am so grateful that I hired her!

Dream Marriage and Wedding

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Erica M

I have always gone by the quote "design your dream marriage, not your dream wedding" I had never been the girl who would dream about her wedding, nor had I ever planned anything further than what I was going to do the following day. No, my husband is the planner, and I'm the... Read More one who hopes everything happens for the best. While my husband was deployed, I knew I had to ask for help so we would be able to have our special day planned when he returned. I have known Donna for many years, and I knew without a doubt that she would be the one who I would contact. Donna is not only thoughtful, caring, organized and talented, she is reassuring, and listens to visions and carries them out seamlessly. My husband and I had a very inflexible budget and she worked very diligently helping us fit in all of the pieces. Those pieces included fragments of ideas that I had found off of pinterest that I wanted included in the wedding, with a difficult ceremony offsite of where the reception would be held. Donna was able to take my scattered vision and turn it into something off of a movie! Walking into my own wedding I couldn't catch my breath. Donna was a guest at my wedding, and her assistant took care of everything during the reception. This included bringing a plate of appetizers to my husband and I when we didn't have time to try any, and never letting our drinks run out! I didn't even know that kind of thoughtfulness was included. I could go on for pages about how wonderful Donna and Forget Me Knot Events is, but if you're like me and skim through reviews know this; Donna's vision is timeless, she is seamless with putting everything together and I did not worry or hesitate for a moment trusting her with my entire (15-hour long) day. It was absolutely perfect. Thank you thank you, thank you!

The Bees Knees

Reviewed on 9/16/2015 Alicia W

Donna Putnam was a dream come true! Our wedding day was seamless and went off without a hitch. I give all the credit to Donna's stellar expertise! After our initial conversation I felt comfortable and confident that Donna heard my vision for our wedding day. Donna recommended... Read More fantastic vendors and provided thoughtful suggestions throughout the whole process. She made planning one hundred times easier! I loved and appreciated how detail oriented and organized Donna was. I did not have to worry about a single thing come the day of our wedding. She is a wizard at what she does! I would HIGHLY recommend her to anyone I know getting married in the Reno/Tahoe area. She is a such a joy to work with!

2015-09-17T11:37:21 Response from the vendor

You two were a joy and I LOVED every moment of working with you. So much fun and such a beautiful day. :) Thank you!!

Winter Perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Allie W

If you’re getting married in the Reno-Tahoe area, Donna and Forget Me Knot Events should be your absolute go to for planning and executing your dream vision. From the first conversation with Donna, I knew that my wedding was in the most capable hands. I envisioned a white... Read More winter wedding in Tahoe and Donna came up with the most creative and classy execution of my idea. Her choices of photography, floral, and catering vendors were spot on and fit everything that I hoped for. And she is a master problem solver…because there was a power outage the night before the wedding, the wrong colored linens were delivered. I never discovered this detail until halfway through the reception!!! Donna has such an eye for detail and no one had any idea that the wrong thing was delivered. Our wedding flowed flawlessly and it was the perfect celebration. Donna created the perfect day and we are incredibly lucky to have had her in our corner!

Private Estate Perfection

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

Donna and Forget Me Knot Events were amazing to work with. We had an absolutely beautiful wedding in a private home in Tahoe, which sounds lovely, but is a logistical nightmare. But Donna made it happen! Truly, our wedding was perfect; all of the important details were just... Read More right and if there were hiccups the day of, I never knew about them; Donna handled it. We got so many compliments about our wedding and specific compliments from several people about our wedding planner; people were impressed with how calm, professional and friendly Donna was, even under pressure. Without hesitation, I would recommend Donna and Forget Me Knot Events; in fact, I already have!

Fantastic wedding coordinator!!

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 wendy h

Donna Putnam recently served as wedding coordinator for our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding at Lake Tahoe's West Shore Cafe & Inn. We live in the Bay Area and so all the wedding planning happened via email and phone. Donna was prompt, friendly and professional at all times.... Read More She has a real gift for being extremely organized and proactive while also being truly sensitive, flexible and responsive to our questions and concerns. A remarkable skill set! She also worked well throughout the process with the venue and other vendors, coordinating and communicating in a way that was effective and friendly. Her ongoing and evolving time line gave us a real sense of comfort and control! Both at the rehearsal and the day of wedding, Donna’s services were invaluable. At the rehearsal, she was very diplomatic and efficient at managing all our overexcited family and friends without ever seeming bossy or impatient. She unobtrusively worked with the officiant and venue employees to clarify specific points about the event details that we would never have thought of. She was even super sweet and humorous with our young, rambunctious ring bearer and flower girls. The day of the wedding she seemed to be in about a dozen places at once! She oversaw vendor deliveries, got people where they needed to be, kept track of the timing, all the while smiling and seeming completely relaxed. She even produced a needle and thread at the last minute for a loose button on the wedding dress! Our daughter and son-in-law’s wedding day was exactly what they’d envisioned, and my husband and I were able to enjoy being guests at the event rather than harried hosts. We highly recommend Donna Putnam and forgetmeknotevents!

Wonderful Lake Tahoe Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/27/2015 Emily H

I wholeheartedly recommend Donna to anyone planning a wedding in the Lake Tahoe area. Donna was my "month of" wedding planner for my wedding this October at West Shore Cafe. She listened carefully to all of my preferences, ideas, and concerns, and she was very quick to respond... Read More to calls and emails. She designed a very detailed timeline for the wedding day and coordinated the timing/schedule for all the other vendors. In the last week before the wedding, Donna was very helpful with last minute changes. Early on she also provided very helpful suggestions for vendors I had not yet booked (Lake DJ!). Personality-wise, I found Donna very friendly, approachable, and enthusiastic, and she was not overly bossy during the rehearsal or wedding (something my fiancé had concerns about). In summary, hire Donna as your wedding planner. You won't be disappointed.

Donna Is Actually THE Best

Reviewed on 10/19/2015 Bianca G

We hired Donna for "day of the wedding". She handled everything for us and overall, helped me relax. I didn't have to worry about the rest of my vendors on the day. She made sure everyone was where/when they were supposed to be and that everything looked beautiful. I honestly... Read More think that I would've lost my cool if I didn't have a professional handling all the little things. After getting engaged, you think the big stuff is what is going to make you lose your cool, but its actually the little things that you don't even think about; that's where Donna comes to the rescue. I truly believe she went above and beyond in making sure that my day went as smooth as possible. She took the stress out of the emotionally charged day. The only thing she wanted me to be thinking about was my husband to be. She wanted me to enjoy every moment and that meant so much to me that I was able to do that. I SO appreciated the input that she gave for style and colors. Even if you think you've got it perfect, she will make a recommendation that just completes it. She also referred us to a lot of our other vendors for the wedding and we were so happy with the vendors we chose. I can say, without hesitation, that Donna is an angel of wedding planning and I highly recommend using her as a planner, whether its for the whole process, or for the day of. She really takes care of her clients and has their best interest at heart. You can see the passion that she has for what she does and that makes the difference in how amazing she is at her job. Thank you so much Donna, for making my special day, extra special. We both are so thankful that we had you there. You made our day PERFECT! XO

Thomas and Erica's Wedding

Reviewed on 10/16/2015

Donna and her company, Forget Me Knot Events, put together such an amazing day for my daughter and her new husband. Every detail was handled so perfectly. She took Erica's ideas and made them a beautiful reality. I know the amount of time and effort it took to put together the... Read More reception and we could not have done anything as beautiful as is it was without her talent and vision. She took a blank canvas and made it into a work of art. From the Décor to the detailed timeline to the execution of the moment by moment plan she made the actual day seamless and a day to celebrate. Donna is very knowledgeable when it comes to choosing the right vendors and communicating all of the details to them. We did not have to worry about anything and that made for a perfect day. We are so grateful to Donna and her team for everything. There are not enough ways to say "thank you" You're simply the best Donna!

Best Coordinator Around

Reviewed on 8/18/2015 Allison L

I wish I could give more stars. I cannot say enough about how AMAZING Donna is and what a fantastic job she did coordinating our wedding. She went above and beyond so many times throughout the months leading up to the wedding and especially on the day of. As an example I... Read More totally forgot to bring over our cutting cake from our hotel room. Donna noticed it was missing and said not to worry about it- we gave her our room key and she went over and got it for us. Then at the end of the night, we get back to our hotel room and she had already left for us in our room many of our gifts, cards, and decorations. I honestly have no idea how she is so organized, and that's coming from someone who feels like a pretty organized person. Using her was the best decision we made when planning our wedding.

2015-08-18T14:48:06 Response from the vendor

You guys were amazing!! THE most EPIC wedding party entrance ever! Absolutely LOVED the day and working with you both. Cheers to you both for a long and happy life together!

Mother of the bride

Reviewed on 8/17/2015

Donna Putnam is a very nice professional planner. She knows her business well. She first talks to the couple to find out what they want for their day. She sends a time line with updates that helps to keep them organized and not overwhelmed. Donna recommended vendors to choose... Read More from and coordinated everything. She handled the rehearsal and of course was at the wedding with her assistant. She also organized and picked up the personal items, gifts etc. and put them in our room. I highly recommend Donnna she takes care of so many things and helps take the stress out about day.

2015-08-18T14:49:18 Response from the vendor

You and your daughter are SO sweet. It was my absolute pleasure to work with you both. What a beautiful day and wonderful time had by all.

Dream Day

Reviewed on 2/10/2015 Betsy V

Donna and her team were absolutely amazing for my husband and I's special day at Edgewood, in Lake Tahoe. Donna was super organized and listened to everything that we wanted and envisioned leading up to the wedding day. She worked great with all of our vendors, including our... Read More florist and photographer. Our wedding day was absolutely perfect, and we have Donna and her team to thank for that! Donna is caring and personable, and really cares the happiness and satisfaction of her clients!

Amazing Wedding Planner

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Evelyn M

Thank you, Donna, for making things so much easier for me during my wedding. I know there are still so many things I don’t know about that you handled for me, but I felt like the day went off smoothly and without a hitch. I can’t thank you enough for that. Stephanie was great... Read More too. I would highly recommend Forget Me Knot Events. They were super detailed, able to think on their feet, be flexible and deal with all types of people (personalities) and situations. It really made a world of difference and I was lucky to have you on my team.

Day of Coordiantion

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

Donna and Evelyn made the day run smoothly without me having to worry about anything! They were also great to fix last minute changes.

Donna made me look good

Reviewed on 10/07/2014 Myra H

We selected Donna and Forget Me Knot Events before we did anything else. My daughter and her fiancée and their families all live in North Carolina. The bride and groom had fallen in love with Lake Tahoe on an earlier visit and wanted to get married there. The guest list... Read More including the wedding party was under twenty people because they wanted to keep the event intimate. Because of the huge distance between home and the wedding venue, I knew that a wedding planner was essential. One phone call to Donna and we were convinced that she was the right choice. The wedding went on without a flaw, just the way it was planned and Donna was with us the whole way. She is the best! The groom's family was amazed at the selections we made in the choice of our venue and our vendors -- all thanks to Donna who guided us all along the way. Thank you, Donna for making me look good as the hostess/planner and for making my daughter and her husband's dream wedding come to life.

Amazing Wedding Coordinator

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Courtney V

We could not have been more happy with Donna's work as our day-of wedding coordinator. I interviewed a bunch of wedding planners and immediately knew Donna was the one after our first phone conversation. She's sweet and easy to get along with, plus she listens to what you want... Read More and takes the time to understand your vision. Although she was only hired to be day-of, she was a great resource for us throughout the entire planning process and even recommended a bunch of good vendors. The day of our wedding we both felt totally at ease knowing we were in great hands with Donna and her assistant. She went above and beyond to put together all of the details and ensure our wedding flowed smoothly. Overall, we couldn't have been happier with Donna's work. She has a true talent and we can't thank her enough for making our day perfect!

Forget me Knot Rocks!!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Holly G

Forget Me Knot Events did a wonderful job helping me to coordinate my special day! Donna made it so that I was able to enjoy my day with it flowing as smoothly as ever. Donna is very dedicated to her clients, she has a great sense of humor and is exceptionally well organized. I... Read More highly recommend her services and will use her again, in a heartbeat, if I ever have another event in the Tahoe/Reno area!!! Use Forget me Knot Events!! You won't be sorry you did!!!

Amazing Wedding Planner!

Reviewed on 10/06/2014 Lauren W

I was indecisive initially on whether or not I wanted to spend the money on a wedding planner. Looking back now, Donna was worth every penny and then some. Despite how organized and prepared I like to be, I would have lost my mind if Donna wasn’t there. We hired Donna after we... Read More had already picked a wedding venue. A few months into planning our venue fell through (every brides nightmare!). Donna told me not to worry and was prepared the next day with a list of alternatives for me. Another addition to having Donna was that she has an amazing reputation within the community, so the new venue was more than accommodating to me and my family. She really understood what we wanted and helped us create it. She was professional, organized, creative, flexible and attentive; all qualities that you want in someone who is planning one of the most memorable days of your life. The wedding was beautiful, our guests loved it, and most importantly, my husband and I truly enjoyed every minute of it!

Amazing wedding planner and a wonderful person

Reviewed on 9/20/2014 Irina S

Forget Me Knot Events was highly recommended to me by another bride, who had her wedding at our venue, and I am so happy I got a chance to work with Donna. From the first correspondence Donna was very responsive and easy to work with. Donna was flexible and consultative. We had... Read More a video phone consultation followed by decision to contract her for day-of coordination. Donna did an amazing job coordinating with vendors on the day-of and truly going above and beyond for us. She is knowledgeable, professional and friendly. She saved our butts a few times when she advised on things we wouldn't have thought to even consider. I recommend her for day-of, but I wish we used her full planning services. Would of been totally worth it!

Fantastic Wedding Coordinator!

Reviewed on 7/12/2014 Allison B

Donna and her team did a great job ensuring that all aspects of my wedding day went as planned. She begins engaging for day-of support 2 months in advance, and her timelines are so helpful. There was a hiccup with my wedding flowers the morning of my wedding, and she went... Read More above-and-beyond to modify the bouquets and centerpieces - she went back to the florist, went to the flower wholesale store, bought samples for me to review, and had the flowers changed. I was so surprised and happy that she did everything to fix the problem! My only critique is that not all of her vendor recommendations ended up being as fabulous as she is, but since I planned a long-distance wedding and wasn't able to meet some of them in person, it was a real possibility that there would be a few vendors that didn't exceed my expectations. I would highly recommend Donna!

Reviewed on 7/10/2014 Susan P

Donna was awesome as my wedding planner. I would recommend her to anyone. She was organized, had great ideas, and had wonderful recommendations for vendors. She is friendly, easy to work with and was willing to work with me on a very short timeline. On the day of the wedding,... Read More she helped things go smoothly. If there was a problem, it was fixed and I didn't even know about it until afterward. Several close family and friends commented on how calmly she handled any situation that came up on the crazy wedding day. It was a beautiful wedding. Thanks, Donna!

Reviewed on 10/06/2013 G D

As I sit here writing this review, I feel overwhelmed because I don't think it is possible to write everything I would like to say about how grateful I was to have Donna as my wedding planner! From the moment I started working with Donna, I instantly knew that she was going to... Read More be my saving grace when it came to planning this event. And, eight months of planning and one exquisite wedding later, I feel that she was that and so much more!! Donna is worth her weight in gold and I cannot say enough great things about her! Donna's organizational skills, experience, knowledge base, insight, foresight, dedication and diligence are unbeatable! She was always responsive to me when I had questions or concerns, and her attention to detail throughout the entire process was incredible. She is intelligent, quick thinking, calm, level headed, and she works under pressure with true grace and dignity; and she keeps a great sense of humor through it all! It has been the greatest pleasure (and honor) to have Donna as my wedding planner! My wedding was absolutely perfect (and that is hard to do when planning a wedding!) and I know that my special day would have never been what it was without Donna. I am so very thankful that Donna was by my side through this entire process. She made the last eight months of planning pleasant, comforting and fun and I would work with her again on another event in a heartbeat! I would highly recommend Donna and Forget Me Knot Events. She truly made my wedding day unforgettable!

Donna Putnam - Forgetmeknot Events

Reviewed on 10/05/2013

After interviewing 7 Wedding Planners we chose Donna Putnam of Forgetmeknot Events. We chose Donna because she was experienced, organized, down to earth, easy going and approachable. Just they type of person we were looking for. She provided us the luxury of resting assured... Read More that wedding plans and details were being generated in the appropriate time frames and kept us all on track. We were pleased with the vendors she recommended, especially our makeup artist & the photographer/videographer. Naturally there were some bumps along the way and she was a great help with negotiations and advice. She was also calm and reassuring the day of the wedding. The wedding was "perfect" and everyone raved about how beautiful it was from the church ceremony to dancing the night away at the reception. So THANK YOU Donna! Because of you we had a great time planning this wedding. I will recommend Donna to any Bride/family who wants to work with someone who is an expert, a good communicator and .....lovely to work with.

Worth every penny!

Reviewed on 10/04/2013 Jenna S

Donna with Forget Me Knot was the wedding planner for our wedding and she did an incredible job. After bad weather kept us from our outdoor ceremony, Donna sprang into action to ensure our ceremony would be just as beautiful indoors. She negotiated a new location (no wedding... Read More had ever been allowed there before) and handled all the changes. The indoor ceremony turned out better than the planned one! Donna went above and beyond what I expected from a wedding planner. She truly wants to create a memorable day customized around the bride and groom. Looking back I know our wedding would not have been as stunning with out Donna.

Great Tahoe Wedding

Reviewed on 9/17/2013 Kristen J

Donna was great to work with. As our wedding was a destination wedding, we relied on Donna for all things vendor related and logistics (house wedding). She was professional and thought of all details. Didn't have too many worries on the day of!