Ballroom, Loft, Restaurant

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning

925 West Randolph Street, Chicago, IL (312) 690-7720

Reviewed on 8/16/2017 Pamela P

Michelle and her team were absolutely amazing. They were so helpful day of, assisting with our decorations and ensuring that everything went off without a hitch. Our friends and family still rave about the food and service. I truly cannot say enough great things about... Read More Formento's!

Reviewed on 6/19/2017 Jenny D

We had our cocktail hour/wedding reception in the upstairs ballroom for about 75 people. I could not have asked for a better experience! Michelle and her staff were amazing! They were incredibly responsive and easy to work with. From the planning stages to the evening of, we... Read More ALWAYS felt taken care of. The room is the perfect space for an intimate gathering, with its own private bar, bathrooms and beautiful wall of windows overlooking Randolph. There is also plenty of room for a DJ and dancing. But what was the number one comment of the evening? The food! Everyone LOVED the food. We elected to be served family-style, which everyone enjoyed. Thank you Formento's!

Fantastic Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 1/25/2016 katerina k

Formenot's rehearsal space is industrial yet warm and romantic. They allowed us to bring in musicians and did everything in their power to make the night extra special. The atmosphere was honestly whimsical. The food and service were perfect. I still receive compliments to this... Read More day. I would definitely host another event at Formentos! P.S. Michelle, the private events manager is lovely.

Perfect Venue!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

Formento's was the perfect place for my son's rehearsal dinner! To begin, Michelle Herndon, Director of Private Events, was a pleasure and so easy to work with. She helped me with the planning of every detail, and ensured that the evening ran smoothly through her involvement... Read More during the party itself. I cannot say enough about the quality of the food and the professionalism of all of the staff who worked that evening. My guests raved about how they loved everything that I chose for dinner, and I appreciated that the competence of the staff allowed me to one hundred percent be a guest at my own party. Lastly, the room itself was elegant, with windows overlooking the city and the street below. The view at night was very beautiful. I loved everything so much that I already have another date booked for a wedding shower. Thank you, Formento's, for a memorable and fun evening!

A Great Rehearsal Dinner!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016

We chose the private upstairs room at Formento's as the venue for our daughter's rehearsal dinner. We were treated in a first class manner by management and staff from start to finish. The room itself fit our daughter's taste of being on the unique side with large windows... Read More overlooking the vibrant Randolph restaurant scene and rustic brick walls. The menu choices were more than sufficient for us to choose a number of dishes for the event. The food and service were excellent. The bar was well stocked with top shelf liquor and the bartender was very experienced. We made use of the sound system for speeches and a video montage and there were no issues with the sound quality. When the guests entered the two video monitors displayed roaring fires which gave our guests a nice feeling on a chilly October evening. Many of our guests were from out of town and all were impressed- even those from NYC! I highly recommend Formento's as a venue for this type of event or similar events.

Great rehearsal dinner venue for wedding weekend!

Reviewed on 1/21/2016 Christie T

Formento's met and exceeded our expectations every step of the way, from my initial inquiry requesting menus and availability to follow up after our rehearsal dinner. The atmosphere and food were exactly what we were looking for, and everyone at the event commented so favorably... Read More on the venue.

Amazing venue for our rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 1/20/2016 Annie R

We had a wonderful experience holding our rehearsal dinner at Formento's. We hosted around 40 guests in the private room upstairs. The room has private bathrooms, coat check and bar. It also has an elevator which is convenient for guests who have trouble with stairs. The room... Read More has lots of windows that overlook Randolph Street and exposed brick which gives it a really cozy atmosphere. The food is absolutely excellent, our guests are still talking about the meal. Service is outstanding--from the event planner, to the serving staff...every single person was a pleasure to work with. I highly recommend Formento's for any special event you're planning. We go back as often as we can for dinner!

Rehearsal dinner

Reviewed on 1/19/2016

Everyone at Formento's was a pleasure to work with, they were very attentive and accommodating. The food was great, service excellent, it was a wonderful evening. Michelle was a pleasure to work with. So efficient, and available when needed. I wouldn't hesitate to do an... Read More event there again.

Perfect Rehearsal Dinner

Reviewed on 1/19/2016 Katie F

We hosted our Rehearsal Dinner in the upstairs, private room at Formento's. It was perfect and the response we received from our guests was even better! In town and out of town guests both loved the room, the charming view of Randolph Street, the private bar and the food blew... Read More them away. To be honest, the menu planning process was a little more laid back compared to other vendors used for our wedding. There was more of a quiet confidence in their food recommendations and a "trust me, this is a fan favorite." That made us, initially, a little concerned. But all of that fell away immediately the night of our dinner. The appetizers we chose, and the ones that were recommended, were passed well, tasted great and were the perfect opener for our party to compliment the wine and cocktails. Family style serving wasn't initially our preference, but it worked well, allowed everyone to tasted a little (or a lot!) of everything and there isn't a week that goes by where we don't receive a comment regarding how great the food was...! We would absolutely recommend Formento's for a Rehearsal Dinner, Shower or any private event - you won't be disappointed!

Reviewed on 1/12/2016 Evie A

We had our rehearsal dinner at Formentos, Michelle the special events planner at Forments who help coordinate everything was wonderful! We were able to customize the appetizers and menu to our tastes. The private room was airy and modern, way better than anything we had looked... Read More at. The food was also delicious. My husband and I and of course our guests had a wonderful time.