Is this your business? claim it now

Fort Jackson Officer's Club

Columbia, SC

Ballroom

3630 Semmes Rd, Columbia, SC (803) 782-8761

Reviewed on 7/17/2017 Alicia D

The Fort Jackson Officers Club is now under new management ! Expect better service, better food, consistency, everything. Please contact us to plan your next event

Reviewed on 4/24/2017 Kelly L

I had my reception at Ft Jackson officers club on April 22, 2017 and I would not recommend it. The scenary is nice but the contract terms and food was horrible. To be honest I am embarrassed of the cold food my guest ate. The food that was served did not taste anything like the... Read More tasting nor was it presented in the same manner. I prepaid for $1500 for alcohol and they took 18% off top for having an "open bar". I was told by the catering manager "The cash bar has no gratuity because you are only paying the bar fee (setup/breakdown of the bar). It is expected that the guests will leave a tip for the bartender. The open bar has the bar free, the open bar amount, and the gratuity. The gratuity is included because guests do not tip when it is an open bar." Although this was stated the bar tenders had a tip jar out even though I was advised guest do not tip when there is an open bar. As the bride I do not feel that they provided specialized attention. I asked if a waiter could at least serve us while taking pictures. The staff put food in a room and did not inform us that it was there. Waste of money since we were rushed in the room at the last minute to eat cold food from cocktail hour (we ordered meatballs and egg rolls). When it was time to cut they cake a plate nor fork was offered by the staff for my husband and I to put our cake on. We had no choice but to pick up the cake with our hands and feed it to each other. As I walked around getting my guest I would say that 95%of them had not eaten their food. I ordered the breast of Chicken Ambassador. On February 24, 2017 my fiancé, my father and I did a tasting and the food was presented nicely and taste great. I was excited to eat it. When I saw and taste what was served I was in shocked. I'm shocked that a chef would not take more pride in his work and serve over 200 people cold chicken breast. The customer service is lacking. It has been an on and off again struggle to get returned emails or calls. I've had a few instances where I've had to reach out to the catering manager manager and still had terrible service. I asked the catering manager for a call back a few days before the wedding and she told me she would call me exactly at 1pm. At 1:30 I still had not been contacted and called her manager. Her manager advised "what would you like for me to do" I advised have some empathy and give good customer service. While the venue is pretty I wish I never had my wedding here. The food is terrible and customer service is lacking. I'm not sure how much experience the catering manager has when it comes to events. Please save your time money and effort and refrain from booking with this venue.

Fabulous

Reviewed on 8/20/2012 Sandra A

They are fabulous! The food was wonderful and they go so above and beyond your expectations of what a reception should be. They are very friendly and put their finishing touches on items to ensure things look flawless. And of course you can't beat the fabulous price. My total... Read More costs for plated meals, a small tab on the bar, 2 rooms, appetizers and rental fees costs less than just renting a room at another facility.

great place!

Reviewed on 3/06/2012 Jeanette M

The staff was amazing! Carol was so helpful and she set up everything perfectly. The tod was very good and the space was perfect, we had about 150 people and had plenty of room for tables and dancing!

Review for Fort Jackson Officers’ Club

Reviewed on 9/05/2008 Sherian M

Great location for family and spacious. Food was delicious