Fortuna Photography

Southern Southern California

Redlands, CA
Southern Southern California

Reviewed on 11/06/2015 morgan L

Narrative, artistic, funny, personal--Lauriana combines all these adjectives into her amazing photos. We hired Lauriana to shoot our wedding in Santa Barbara and we could not have asked for a better experience working with a photographer or a better result. Lauriana genuinely... Read More cares about capturing the essence of the moment she is photographing and it really shows in her work. She created a set of photos of our wedding that really encapsulated the joyful spirit and feeling of the day. Every time we open the collection we feel we are right back at the wedding. And the pictures themselves are gorgeous. We couldn't recommend her more highly to you!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Thomas L

Lonnie and Lauriana are so friendly and professional! They're great at knowing what you want and how to help make the photos great. They were also super caring with making sure we got all the family photos we wanted!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015 Jenna L

Lauriana and Lonnie are awesome! From the first meeting to when we received our photos back was such a fantastic experience! I would definitely recommend Fortuna Photography! We absolutely love our photos!!!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I'm so beyond thankful we went with Laurianna to do our wedding pictures! My favorite part of her work is how she incorporates nature and lighting into most(if not all) of the pictures. She's so sweet and so fun to work with because she just captures the moment perfectly!

Reviewed on 10/31/2015

I am SO glad we chose Lauriana to do our pictures. She made it super fun and easy for everyone to be in front of the camera. The pictures she took were top notch. She took more pictures than I thought and they were all incredible! I love our wedding pictures!

Reviewed on 10/30/2015 Mary P

Lauriana and Lonnie are the best there is. We wee referred by friends of ours who got married last year so we've seen their work long before they captured our day. Working in events myself I've met a lot of vendors and they truly are some of the best there are. Not only is... Read More their work spectacular but they will capture every shot and every angle of your wedding day. We got married in San Luis Obispo and they were extremely flexible withtheir schedule. They were there when we were getting ready and stayed to get action shots of everyone getting their dance on! I can't say enough good things about these two!

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Stephanie S

After meeting with many different photographers we decided to book Lauriana & Lonnie for our wedding and we are so glad that we did! They are both so personable and fun and easy to get along with which made our wedding a fun & stress free day. They have done an amazing job... Read More throughout the whole process, we absolutely loved our engagement pictures & we cannot wait to get our wedding photos back! We would highly recommend Fortuna Photography! You won't be disappointed!

Wonderful Photographers

Reviewed on 10/29/2015 Lilly P

While there are many important decisions to make when planning a wedding, choosing a photographer was one of the most important to us. After a long search, we came upon Lauriana and Lonnie, and knew we had found the perfect photographers for our wedding. From the outset, they... Read More were personable, and eager to learn about us as individuals and as a couple prior to the wedding. They even set aside time to meet with us for coffee and brunch on various occasions. By the time our wedding day arrived, we were completely comfortable that they understood who we are, and what was important to us to capture in our wedding photos. Our resulting wedding and engagement photos are absolutely wonderful. From capturing the small details to the important moments, their photos are beautiful, and truly tell a story of the day. The photos are soft and romantic, and leave us with nothing but fond memories of the event. I recommend Fortuna Photography to anyone looking for a team of photographers that are eager to go the extra mile!

Reviewed on 10/18/2015 Caitlin C

We chose Lauriana and Lonnie to shoot our wedding day (March 14, 2015 in Santa Barbara) almost a year in advance after meeting them at a wedding expo in Santa Barbara and then meeting for dinner shortly thereafter. While we were lucky to have a great group of vendors across the... Read More board, none were as spectacular as Lauriana and Lonnie. From our engagement shoot in downtown LA in July 2014 through the wedding day and then after, with the delivery of images, working with them felt more like getting together with good friends. And their work? As good as it gets! So many of the hundreds upon hundreds of images we received from them were outstanding, it's been difficult to pare them down for a wedding book (and it was the same with the engagement pics). Thanks, Lauriana and Lonnie! Your work made our big day that much more special.

More than just pictures

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

When I started the planning process of our wedding it was to say the least, overwhelming. My husband and I decided on a destination wedding but had arranged our "engagement photos" with another local photographer. I had signed up for a bridal faire in our area to gather... Read More ideas and just wrap my head around all that needed to be planned. I arrived at the bridal faire and began walking the aisles. When I came across Lauriana & Lonnie's booth I had seen over 20 other photographers but as soon as I saw their work my heart started to beat faster and I knew they were exactly what I had wanted! Every single one of their photos has such a magical appeal and manages to capture the love of every couple they shoot. I went home and could not stop talking to my fiancé about their work. When I started to show him their website he too knew they were what we were looking for. We decided to cancel our photos with the other photographer and set a meeting with them. Lauriana & Lonnie were so professional and really wanted to get to know us as a "couple" so that the day of our shoot was comfortable for both of us. I can't begin to explain how amazing our photos turned out... many people have made comments about how they look like "a magazine shoot". I am so happy with how they turned out I could not stop looking at them for a month after we got them. Being that we picked a destination wedding I started to feel uneasy that our wedding photos would not be anything as near as beautiful as the photos Lauriana & Lonnie had done for us. For months after I would secretly dream about if Fortuna Photography would be able to shoot our wedding. Well, miracles do happen! Lauriana & Lonnie were able to make our destination wedding and I have to honestly say our wedding would not have been the same without them. Not only are our photos unbelievable, They both stepped in to help make things go smoothly (of course unbeknownst to me) when things were not on track as planned. Having these two be part of the most special time of our lives was such a gift to us and we will always have the photos to remind us of that. Their talent and professionalism are unparalleled and their photos speak for themselves. The way they become part of the experience and their kind nature is what makes them friends for life! Thank you Fortuna Photography for making this bride's dreams come true!!!

Fortunate find: Fortuna

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

We had selected a photographer for our engagement photos... then my wife went to a bridal fair and saw Lonnie & Lauriana's work. We couldn't be happier we met them. We started with a nice meet'n'greet lunch overlooking our local airport. Immediately we could see real... Read More professionals devoted to making our engagement photos and big day soooo memorable. Our engagement photos were going to be our only shoot with Fortuna Photography. We were set to have a destination wedding & had arrangements made for an on-site photography, which was included with our destination package. Seeing their example photos of others in the beginning (when we decided first to go with them for our engagement photos) made us excited to have them. But after seeing our engagement photos... that went right out the window. We scrapped the package & were so happy when Lauriana & Lonnie were able to shoot our destination wedding. Choosing Fortuna Photography was one of the smartest decisions we made in our wedding. We have the best pictures we could ever imagine. They have our highest recommendation.

Wedding Relics

Reviewed on 10/11/2015

There is a sadness that comes with living out your dream wedding. There is a point at which the music is no longer playing, you're hair has come down, the guests have all returned home, you're back to work, and the last flower has wilted. It hits hard. It sure did for us.... Read More What's left, thankfully, is a deeper love than you ever imagined for your new spouse and also, regrettably, a harsh realization that time didn't slow, not even for the most special event of your life thus far. You have the memories, sure, but even then you realized there are bits and pieces you didn't see or, you were so shell-shocked you barely remember. All you want is the opportunity to go back and relive it - a childlike yearning for what was - yet you know it can never be recreated. For us, it was at this very moment we received the greatest wedding gift one could possible hope for...the relic photographs created by Lauriana Fortuna. We got to go back and relive it! And we can do that anytime we want. You look into her photographs and you recall the smell of your perfume as you were getting dressed. You get to see your husband's face as he sees you in your dress for the first time. You can hear the birds chirping in the distance as he spoke his vows. You can hear the sniffles of your mother on the front row and see her smile. You can smell your bouquet again and remember exactly what it felt like to receive that first married kiss. You suddenly recall every word of your sister's toast, your father's prayer, and the blessing your brother whispered in your ear. You get to see your husband's buddy break out his dance moves that you missed while you were bumping hips with your cousins. You get to witness that sweet moment your best friend shared with her husband while you were chit-chatting in the foreground. And all the details - the flowers on each table, the delicious bites that were passed around, the garnish on the get to see those too. Lauriana and Lonnie capture it all and they do so with astounding elegance, timelessness, and artistry. You will not just have photos. You and your spouse will have, as I said, relics. Lauriana's understanding of light, color, movement, emotion, and composition connects her to your wedding day in a way that captures all five senses and will bring you back over and over again for years to come. Additionally, their presence was an unexpected comfort. Lauriana was more than a photographer to me. There were a couple moments where she was the only one to "read" me and with her calm, graceful demeanor responded in exactly the way I needed but would not have otherwise asked for. Yet, she and Lonnie both were so discrete and stealth-like at the same time. They were there, but they weren't...a difficult balance to strike in their role. Ultimately, having Lauriana Fortuna as our wedding photographer is a true blessing - then, now, and always. Allow yourself the same joy.

Truely the BEST

Reviewed on 10/07/2015 rebecca c

From the very beginning, photography was one of the most important things to me in planning our wedding - it's the way you look back at one of the most special days of your life. Lauriana was SO WONDERFUL to work with. She somehow managed to take me and my husband - two of the... Read More most awkward people in front of a camera – and create something magical. We used Fortuna Photography for both our engagement pictures and our wedding, and I was completely blown away with how gorgeous everything came out. We felt totally at ease with her, even though taking pictures (in public places) is possibly one of the more awkward experiences in life. When doing our research, I was shocked by how much photography could cost, but Fortuna Photography's work rivals some of the best in the business. Incredibly professional, thorough in scouting the perfect spots (and times of day) to shoot, so patient and easy to talk to, and incredibly talented. I cannot recommend them highly enough!

A Touch of Class

Reviewed on 9/30/2015

Their work speaks for itself so I will touch a bit on how they added to our overall experience: Lauriana and Lonnie from the beginning were attentive, patient, considerate and professional. Not only did they capture our most important day, but they added to our overall enjoyment... Read More with their energy, complete and total understanding of the situation and the oddities that occur during wedding week, and their love for one another. We never felt like they were intrusive nor taking away from the day with staged or cheesy shots. Lauriana and Lonnie have a special talent in their ability to capture the moments we wanted most. Their integrity shines through in both the work they do and the way they carry themselves. They were prompt in getting the photos and slide show back to us as soon as possible and we couldnt have been happier with the final product. Thanks again guys, you really made our special moment in time stand still.

2015-09-30T13:05:52 Response from the vendor

Thank you so much! We are so blessed by your wedding and the time we spent creating and capturing your beautiful day. It was truly a spectacular day filled with love, family and beauty. I am so lucky to have couples that I can consider... Read Less Read More

Beautiful pictures, beautiful people!

Reviewed on 10/31/2014 Lissa W

I can't say enough good things about Fortuna. My maid of honor and I stumbled upon them at a bridal fair, and fell in love. Lonnie and Lauriana are so personable and easy to talk to, we clicked immediately and I gave them my deposit. Our engagement pictures are flawless and they... Read More had no problem including our son. Lauriana made my husband comfortable, and he's a guy who hates pictures! They made us feel like royalty on our wedding day, and all of our friends and family loved them as well. Even though we were running behind, Lauriana was totally calm and comforting, focusing on what we were able to do instead of what we lost the time to do. I wasn't stressed at all and am completely confident that our pictures will show the love and happiness of our day. I stand 100% behind them and would highly recommend them to anyone getting married!!

Such a blessing!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Jennie S

We had an awesome experience with Lauriana and Lonnie as our photographers. They were so professional and easygoing which is invaluable on your wedding day!! We felt like we didn't have to worry about anything as far as our photos were concerned and we were so blessed to have... Read More them as part of our wedding!! Our photos turned out better that we were expecting, so beautiful. They scouted amazing places to shoot and the angles and framing of the shots were truly artistic.

Best Photographers and People Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Cathy N

We couldn't have asked for better photographers! Lauriana and Lonnie made our wedding day go by so smoothly and they captured everything we wanted and more. From our initial meeting with Lauriana we just fell in love with her and her work. Every moment they captured from our... Read More Engagement session to our Welcome Reception and our amazing Wedding day, couldn't have been documented any better. They truly understand how to capture your most precious memories in the most beautiful way. They are wonderful people as well as amazing photographers. We have beautiful photo's and memories, but we also have an everlasting friendship with Lauriana and Lonnie as well.

Went Above And Beyond!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Deneen G

I really feel like we lucked out meeting Lauriana and Lonnie at a Wedding Expo. Not only was their booth the cutest in the whole place, but their wedding photography package surpassed everything else we saw. For each session, we weren't limited to a certain amount of time... Read More and that made all the difference in the world. They were really a part of the wedding party, coming to our rehearsal dinner to scope out the best places to shoot and stayed to meet our family and friends. Most of our pictures were set outdoors among a beautiful backdrop of nature. Fortuna Photography was able to capture the most beautiful lighting and natural elements to compliment our style. They were also so much fun to work with, modeling and posing isn't something we do, ever. But they were able to laugh with us and give us just the right amount of direction to keep the poses natural and comfortable. I wholeheartedly recommend Fortuna Photography! Another bonus was them being flexible with travel. Both of us live in Southern California, San Luis Obispo happens to be a second home for both of us, and they never made us feel like it was an inconvenience to travel up there for engagement shots or the 4-day wedding weekend. The wedding day goes by fast and some parts seem to be a blur. Thanks to Fortuna Photography I have hundreds of the best moments captured beautifully!

Best Ever!!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

We are so thankful that we went with Fortuna Photography for our wedding weekend. We hired them for three events...our engagement session, our welcome reception, and our wedding. Each and every photo was fantastic. They work so closely with you and really make you feel... Read More comfortable. It was like they've been our close friends for years. They take great detail and candid shots too. If you want great photos and want to work with great people, Fortuna Photography is the best ever!!

Fortuna Photography is Incredible!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014

My wife & I have known Lauriana Fortuna since high school. When we found out she did wedding photography - and that it was some amazing work - we just had to hire her do ours! We had a small backyard wedding, which I was convinced would make for some difficult shots. I was... Read More wrong. Lauriana was able to produce some very beautiful photos of our small wedding & reception, in spite of the location. She was present, but not in the way. Many of the shots she got we didn't even realize she was there. When we saw the finished photos, we were so delighted with them! She is a true professional with a great eye for the shot.

Incredible photographers!

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Shelby M

We were very impressed with the Fortunas. They are a great, warm couple that were professional and made us feel comfortable! They gave great direction while staying in the background to give us our special moments. They worked well with our requests and preferences. I absolutely... Read More LOVE how our pictures came out and am so blessed to have had them as a part of our special day!

Fortuna travels

Reviewed on 10/29/2014 Heather L

I met the photographers for Fortuna Photography at a wedding expo. I was having my wedding in another state and was dreading picking a photographer's name out of the phone book for my wedding. Fortuna photography brought up the option of them traveling. Since I hadn't taken... Read More my engagement photos, I was able to package the deal while trying them out. Honestly, I fell in love with their attitude the first day I met them! They were so easy to work with and made many magical pictures for us to enjoy!

Best photographers we could ever want!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014

My wife Kathy and I never expected that having a wedding photographer would be such a great experience! Fortuna photography is absolutely the most professional, friendly, and high quality photography we could have gotten. They are the best at what they do, and they made our... Read More wedding day more memorable through their excellent service. Out of all our vendors, Fortuna is the only one we have recommended to all of our friends and family. We continue to use them for all of our professional photographs. Thank you Fortuna!

Truly amazing

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 elizabeth w

Fortuna photography is a brides dream come true! Me and my husband loved having Laurianne and Lonnie take our wedding pictures. They made it both relaxing and fun! Couldn't be more happy with our choose of using Fortuna photography. They made our day perfect now we have... Read More incredible pictures that will last a lifetime!

Beautiful Photography!!!

Reviewed on 10/28/2014 Mary C

We met Lauriana at a wedding fair and booked her on the spot! Lauriana and Lonnie like to get to know the couple so the bride and groom feel natural on the wedding day, which we loved. They are so charming and pleasant to be around, and they take beautiful photos! It only took 2... Read More weeks to get a link to all our pictures, and it was super easy to download and order prints online. I highly recommend Fortuna Photography - booking them was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding!!