Book Your Wedding with Fountain Bleau

A BACKYARD IN AVON LAKE, OH

Fountain Bleau has been helping couples in the Avon Lake, Ohio, vicinity host memorable wedding events for 40 years. Professional wedding planners, chefs and service staff provide for every need. Ceremonies are available under an outdoor gazebo or indoors inside one of two elegant banquet halls. The all-in-one service makes this a great space for busy working couples or couples who are traveling to an Avon Lake wedding from out of the area.

The Fountain Bleau hosts wedding events with 50 to 350 guests.

Gazebo Area. Backing up to a wooded glen, the Gazebo Ceremony lawn is manicured and easy to navigate. White folding chairs are accessed by a lovely paved aisle that leads to a fresh white gazebo with cupola, which you can adorn with your choice of decor. Up to 350 seated and standing guests are possible.

The Champagne Room. This room has private entrance, restrooms, bar and room for 170 guests. Graceful chandeliers and accommodating decor take on your color scheme effortlessly. A variety of seating arrangements are possible in this room.

The Bleau Room. As graciously appointed as the Champagne Room, the Bleau Room has stunning chandeliers, luxurious drapes and a large dance floor or head table area. Up to 350 guests can be accommodated for a reception.

The Fountain Bleau has a minimum required guest count of 40 for the Champagne Room and a 70-guest minimum on Saturdays. The Bleau Room has a 160-guest minimum with a 180-guest minimum on Saturdays.

All alcohol is provided by the couple, which allows you to save money on beverage costs. Your bartending service must have a permit, and no one but a licensed bartender may pour. Bartending services are available for $120 per bartender. You may need to hire security if you serve alcohol at the discretion of the venue.

You may bring in your own cake from a licensed bakery, but the staff has extensive wedding cake options that make it easy to choose an in-house creation. A fee may be charged for deviations from the catering menu. There are numerous sides available, from cold to hot to salad choices. Lamb chops, veal, pork tenderloin and roast beef are all on the menu and served gourmet style.

Plated, buffet and family-style meals are available. You can rent curtains to separate a hall for a ceremony and dining area. There's no extra indoor ceremony charge if guests sit at their tables.

Fountain Bleau offers many upgrades and extensive food options that make the venue's biggest perk the flexibility it offers. Couples may design a convenient, sophisticated wedding of their dreams with some of the other extras offered by this location, including:

• Choice of napkins in 50 colors at no charge
  • Complimentary head table decor
  • Five hour-plus hall rental
  • 400 parking spots
  • Numerous houses of worship within 5 miles
  • Ice sculptures available

Fountain Bleau: "Best of Westside" by The Lake

Don't Delay! Book any spots still remaining for 2017 weddings and get 20% off dinner, free centerpieces & uplights! Located one minute from Miller Beach on Lake Erie. Great for ceremonies or pictures. All Ballrooms are neutral shades of ivory so your event colors can shine! Both rooms have beautiful crystal chandeliers and ivory leather chairs. If you are all about delicious food and prompt service, The Fountain Bleau is the venue for you! Clients may bring in their own alcohol which means a fabulous bar at a fraction of the price. Let us assist you in planning the perfect specialty drinks list, highlighted in an ice sculpture logue or gold tiered champagne fountain. Check out our website for shower and rehearsal dinner locations, or our food trucks! Cleveland Magazine " Best of West"!

Backyard, Ballroom, Farm + Ranch, Barn, Waterfront, Beach, City Hall, Garden, Park, Tented

Bar + Drinks, Cakes + Desserts, Food + Catering, Planning, Tents, Rentals + Equipment, Service Staff, Shuttle Service, Transportation

635 Miller Rd, Avon Lake, OH (440) 933-4739

Reviewed on 8/25/2017 Becky M

My husband and I had an excellent wedding reception at Fountain Bleau! Melissa was very accommodating and made sure our wedding reception was exactly what we wanted. She gave very helpful suggestions and helped put our minds at ease. Not only did I use Fountain Bleau for my... Read More reception, but my sister did as well (four years ago) and our family is still talking about how impressed they were with the food both then and now. We would definitely recommend Fountain Bleau!

Reviewed on 2/09/2018 Bella S

The Fountain Bleau made our day so special. They also catered our bridal shower, rehearsal dinner, and after day brunch. The more we did, the more discounts we got. It was nice not to worry about 4 different vendors and if they would all do a good job. We had been to wedding... Read More they catered, and used them because we had such a great experience as guests. All our receptions were well done and my in laws were all very pleased, too. Most importantly, we had a budget to stick to and they really listened and made great suggestions how to fit it all in. I appreciated their creative ideas. I really feel they bent over backwards to help us out. What a great experience! The sales coordinators were so nice, they felt like family!

Reviewed on 2/04/2018 Samuel N

My niece just had her wedding at The Fountain Bleau. I had never been there before and did not know what to expect. I had to write this review because the food was some of the best food I have ever had catered at a wedding. It is usually boring and tasteless. Everything was... Read More really well done. The food was hot, the service was great. It was one of the best times I have had at a wedding. The room was very stunning. Great job!

Reviewed on 1/29/2018 Bethany G

The Fountain Bleau did a wonderful job! My partner and I wanted a more private setting. We had the ceremony in the Champagne Room. It was then transformed into the Cocktail Hour with High Tops and some seating for guests. They guided us into buying just the right amount of... Read More appetizers, so guests were not too full to enjoy the dinner. We went and took pictures at their other location 5 minutes away (Orchid Room) to take indoor and outdoor pictures in the gardens. The reception was then in the big Main ballroom. Guests were awed when they saw how beautiful it was. The room is so elegant you do not even have to decorate. The linen napkins and centerpieces were just enough. The room is neutral in color so it was no problem that we changed our colors three times before deciding! Dinner was served and finished in an hour; and we had 200 people. They had plenty of staff and the food was hot. They have a flaming icecream that was a big hit and even made our wedding cake. We brought in our own pictures from pinterest and theirs looked even better. We were able to bring in cookies the family had made for a cookie bar. Many places would not offer as much or let us bring in any outside food. I can't say enough about how great it was!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Barbara O

Originally, we wanted a rustic barn wedding. However, when looking around, often the prices were outrageous, or there was no air conditioning, or the outside was too rustic, or there alcohol prices were more then the food. When we went to the Fountain Bleau, the planners showed... Read More us burlap runners they had with lace, and mason jar centerpieces that gave us the look they wanted. They also suggested the beach at Miller park right next store, and then the orchid gardens at Miller Nature Park Preserve where we could privately rent for pictures. We ended up alternating the mason jars with big tree branch centerpieces they had and that added to the look. My friend had spent at another venue $100 per table ( $2500 total from a florist) and no one even took then. She came to my wedding and said she wished she had gone to the Fountain Bleau. (where they were no charge from their promotions) Plus my friend paid way more for her bar. We walked away with $10,000 more then her still in our pocket, and we got more!!! I am so thankful we chose them. My only complaint would be I wished I had ordered more servings so I would have had even more leftovers then I had! The beef was so darn good!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Paige K

I booked The Fountain Bleau today. I am doing the review before my reception, because of my family members have already had their weddings at the Fountain Bleau. My fiance and I went looking around at over 15 venues just to see what else was out there. The Fountain Bleau was the... Read More only one that called us back that day, spent over two hours with us to tour twice, and had great incentives. There rooms were neutral and have crystal chandeliers. Their chairs are stunning and we do not have to pay for chair covers to cover them. ($1500 at most place where the chairs were so dated you had to buy chaircovers. We do not want chaircovers and bows because they fall off by the end of the night and it looks like a bomb went off) They also offer a legitimate tasting, not a doggy bag on a Saturday with a menu someone else chose. Their tasting is like a big wedding so you can see the flow also. They also had teal and silver napkins at no extra charge.(our colors). At the booking, Melissa & Sheri made great suggestions on ideas to fit my most important things in and still meet my budget. I know from past weddings (having attended) that my wedding will have great food and staff. You can tell they really enjoy what they do and working with couples on one of the biggest days of their life. We are booking out shower at their Orchid Room location (the gardens are so stunning) in the spring, and their pizza truck for our rehearsal dinner. They are giving us discounts for this whole package since we have booked our wedding. We asked other caterers and they did not offer that. I like the fact that they own the facility so you know they will still be around when your wedding day is there. My cousin booked a country club, and there were three different chefs by the time her wedding came and the food was completely different then what she booked. I heard that happens a lot at hotels and country clubs. (big staff turn over). My fiance loved the place to begin with, it was the first he saw. He did not want to risk a disaster with another venue. All our family events have been perfect. Each one looked totally different with different colors and centerpieces. They seem to keep up with current color trends and centerpieces. We are so happy to be telling everyone our date and venue now!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017

I love this place! The appetizers and Ice sculpture where great. The Filet Mignon and Scampi was wonderful. This display was also very nice. They had all 250 guests served in 15 minutes and the food was still hot. We had some special meals for different guest from allergies to... Read More vegan and they remembered to serve them all when serving that table. My friend that is gluten free was so happy because the last two weddings should could not eat anything. We had them make our wedding cake which turned out even better then the picture. The had recommended the pumpkin cake for the season and I was hesitant. However, it was so moist and it really was the flavor that people loved the most. Melissa helped me put together a drink list, and the cider drinks were popular with everyone, too. Especially the fire ball and cider. We had them put the blue drink (our colors) in the tiered gold fountain tat illuminated and it was really pretty. The parties they made had a wide variety and were tiered in a display with lights that looked wonderful. The staff was very nice to all the guests and everyone really liked the bartenders. They all made it a lot of fun!

Reviewed on 10/31/2017 Kelly N

This place has 2 beautiful rooms, one smaller and one bigger. I've been to a few different events here and hosted a couple as well and the food is always phenomenal. It is a great value! The staff is always friendly and accommodating. They have a large assortment of... Read More centerpiece options. It's always a great experience!

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Finn M

I had my reception here last month. The attention to detail was incredible. They made special meals for my gluten free and vegan guests. They were so happy not to be forgotten. There staff was always smiling and so down to earth. They made my day so much fun for all! My sister... Read More is having her wedding there now.

Reviewed on 10/25/2017 Chase M

Natalie and I chose The Fountain Bleau because we currently live out of state, and they offered many decorations, centerpieces, cakes, and more. (less vendors to deal with). The food was so tasty. My brother is a really picky eater and even he loved it. The next morning got up... Read More to go to the airport and Realized my wallet and ID was still under the bridal table in my tux jacket. I was in a complete panic because we had not taken out flight insurance if we missed the flight. I texted our coordinator, who met us back there at 6:00 am. You cannot beat that level of customer service and response time!

Reviewed on 10/24/2017 Hannah M

I had my wedding reception at The Fountain Bleau last weekend. What a dream come true! So many people stayed until the very end. We were able to bring in our own alcohol and only spent $900 for 200 people. We had flavored vodkas, specialty drinks, shots, craft beers.. and an Ice... Read More Sculpture logue. We had their Nelly Belly Pizza truck come at the end for "Aftertizers". It even was a bigger hit then appetizers. They did our wedding cake, ceiling drapes, uplights, and centerpieces, Melissa and Sheri were so helpful all along the way. You only get married once and having experts that knew their stuff made it all perfect. My friend paid twice as much at a venue downtown and she said she wished she had it at The Fountain Bleau! They had dinner served and dessert in less then an hour.

Reviewed on 10/23/2017 Abigail W

I highly recommend The Fountain Bleau. The food was so delicious. My DJ recommended them because all their events ran so smooth. He was so right! They are so organized.

Reviewed on 7/13/2017 Riley O

Not sure where to start with this review other than BEWARE before you book with this venue. We had our wedding there this June 30th. We loved the inside and knew the gazebo would be perfect for our June wedding. When initially looking at the venue and potentially booking,... Read More Melissa (the "owner" and person you have to go through for everything) and another staff member who I believe name was Sherry (only met and saw her twice, not sure what happened to her but she was wayyy nicer and easier to deal with) were the absolute most accommodating and friendly people possible. It made us want to book even more with this venue. After you book, you will receive really HORRIBLE customer service. I worked for a catering company (Taste of Excellence) for a couple years and none of the things that Melissa and her staff members did would have ever flown with them or ANY other company for that matter. She is down right rude. Good luck asking her any questions after booking because she will take days and sometimes a week to answer you back and when she does she's very short and not helpful at all. She makes you feel like YOU'RE an inconvience though you're paying her thousands of dollars. When I emailed her the final menu of items we wanted a breakdown for before our final booking, she replied three days later "very busy, will try to get back to you tomorrow" and it was 4 days later I got a reply back. She was rude at our final appointment and kept interrupting and talking over my mom, again someone who is paying thousands of dollars. Not only rude and rushing us, she was extremely rude to the photo booth vendor that was their setting up for that wedding that day too. She got into it with him to the point where they were screaming at each other in front of us, her other customers. She also got into it with our baker who brought our cake as well. We were told in our contract we would have security there, they never showed up. The food was FREEZING cold. Being the bride and groom we got served first and our food was so cold. Breadsticks and prime rib especially. Then they tried to blame it on our preference of the way we wanted the meat cooked when in reality they never turned the burners on underneath the food. (Refused to warm the food up as well.) They have an excuse for literally everything. We asked the bartenders not to give out shots, they did this anyway. Even after my husband and I asked and told them on more than one occasion. Melissa was very argumentative and down right unprofessional every time I or one of my family members had to deal with her. During our rehearsal she literally walked away from my husband in the middle of him asking her a question because she was angry. She proceeded to not come out of the room after 3 times of my husband ringing the door bell. I don't think she realizes this is the reason they probably don't receive tips. At the beginning we planned on tipping about $1000 even though it was full buffet and we had already paid $8000 to the venue. Well, with the way Melissa was and is as a person is the reason the tip dwindled down to 0 dollars after all of these events above unfolded in the leading months to the wedding. I usually never ever ever leave bad reviews and don't tip people as I've worked in service and food service but this place is definitely worth giving ppl a heads up for what you're going to deal with. Sure the price is ok (though they charge the same amount for a 2 year old as they do an adult)Go else where

Fountain Bleau- A Nice Reception

Reviewed on 11/11/2013 Kate C

We had a nice party at the Fountain Bleau. My Maid of Honor had trouble getting the staff to bring her some things and that's why I didn't give 5 stars. I personally, as the bride, had a blast and loved the venue.

Not off to a great start...

Reviewed on 9/10/2013 Cristin C

When we booked the center for our wedding and reception, we were told work was being done to the outside of the venue. This work never happened, nor did they tell us it wasnt happening until we persisted on seeing the finished product. We were offered dead flowers and a torn up... Read More aisle instead. The food was fantastic, but my cake was only right on one layer, wrong icing overall, my appetizers were packed up before the bridal party could try them, the woman in charge is impossible to get on the phone, and didn't even bother coming to our rehearsal. My husband ended up cutting the grass and pulling weeds, as well as driving around looking for flowers to go down the aisle for our wedding. The sign on the door didn't even spell my name right. For the food and bringing in your own alcohol it's a great place. But I never would let a friend get married there, and I would suggest heavy duty follow up with the owners if you want your details correct.

2017-05-18T17:42:28 Response from the vendor

The food is fantastic! We have been in business for over 25 years, and have catered 10,351 events. Weekly, our customers take time out to email us how happy they were! In this case, the bride switched her rehearsal without approval to a different day,... Read Less Read More

just ok

Reviewed on 7/09/2013 Lacey G

Overall, the fountain bleau is fair in pricing and looks, but the lady is very difficult to get a hold of. Since our weddingwe have been trying to deal with a few comlaints, such as the staff giving our dj a hard time because he wanted the lights dimmed for our introduction and... Read More for the dancing and they refused, our gluten free meal never was served and it took 30-45 minutes after the food was being served for our 4 kids meals and a veggie meal to be served. (and they were at the 1 tables to be served. The food was good, but we also didnt like that the bartenders had a tip jar on the bar.

2017-05-18T17:46:10 Response from the vendor

The bride and groom worked third shift and texted at 1:00 am in the morning, sometimes repeatedly when the wedding was 6 months away. We always responded with in two business days. The table with the gluten and kids arrived late, which is why they... Read Less Read More

the best food!

Reviewed on 2/16/2013 Brenna F

I have never had such wonderful wedding food -- no cold pasta and dry chicken here! Amazing price as well, did not think we could afford such a wonderful wedding, but Melissa and her team made it all possible!

Great Venue

Reviewed on 1/17/2013 Abree V

We had both our wedding and reception here. We choose the Fountain Bleau for several reasons. We liked the size of the burgundy room for our approx. 125 guests. The room was beautiful with really nice chandeliers. We were able to hold the ceremony with our guests seated at their... Read More tables and everyone could still see what was going on. Fountain Bleau also allows you to bring in your own alcohol. This is important to us since the majority of our guests wouldn't be drinking and we didn't want to be charged as such. The food was excellent and we had many compliments from our guests. We also had Fountain Bleau make our wedding cake. We were blown away. The cake was amazing! Melissa was pretty easy to work with and was flexible with how she communicated with us. Overall, we would certainly suggest every bride check out the Fountain Bleau!

Bride

Reviewed on 10/31/2012 Suzanne G

I love the space provided it was deocorated with lights, very cozy amtosphere. The food was awesome received many compliments from guests.

Fountain Bleau

Reviewed on 9/07/2012 heather r

Good value

Reception

Reviewed on 3/27/2011 Joy L

The food was excellent (best roast beef ever)! Decor was festive and perfect for a New Year's Eve wedding. The flaming desert was a hit. The bathrooms were not ADA-accessible and were too small to accommodate a large number of guests.

love it

Reviewed on 11/12/2010 laura e

excellent food! beautiful room and tracy was amazing. made a beautiful cake and the prices are awesome.

Amazing and Affordable

Reviewed on 8/09/2010 Amy A

Fountain Bleau is absolutely wonderful! They are great to work with- answer phone calls and emails when they are not working. The place is beautiful and a great value for your money. I had so many compliments on how wonderful this place was. Very friendly staff. I highly... Read More recommended them! AND you can bring your own alcohol which saves you a TON of money.

Review for The Fountain Bleau Event Center

Reviewed on 5/10/2010 Becky N

The food was phenomenal and for a great price! I had about 200 guests and the room was a perfect size. They have beautiful decor as well.;I rented a margarita machine from them and it was not up and running until 2 hours into my reception (I still have yet to get money back). In... Read More addition they made me a fake cake without my permission (they made sheet cakes in the back--the cake was stil good and no one could tell) and they promised to have a computer for me to run a slideshow with that wasn't there. Overall it was small potatoes in comparison with the rest of the night. It still made me unhappy though.

Meet The Coordinator

Fountain Bleau Event Planners

The Fountain Bleau was previously owned by the Petkovich's from 1975 to 1999, whose son Doug is business partners with Michael Symon. We have had the honor of assisting in off premise catering services for prominent sports figures with their group. Our company has catered for 26 years from golf outings to President Bush and famous musicians. Let us make YOU our next star client!