Preserving your raw + candid moments!

Frank + Mel is based in San Diego, but we do enjoy traveling. We live for the raw and candid moments that these special celebrations bring out . We love to capture the lovey dovey feelings of the day with a fashion editorial flare. Most importantly, we want you to enjoy yourselves and feel comfortable.

Artistic, Classic, Lifestyle, Modern, Vintage

Bridal Portraits, Engagement

Digital Files, Photo, Second Shooter Available, Social Media Sharing, Wedding Albums

Reviewed on 4/16/2018 Anissa M

Frank and Mel were amazing! Melissa did our engagement and wedding photos and she captured the feel and who we are beautifully. Every time I look at our wedding photographs I feel like I’m living in a dream. Melissa has a great eye for getting the shots others wouldn’t think of,... Read More and those are the ones that people always admire most and that we cherish. She made me feel and look like a movie star. Our wedding photos are romantic, artistic, unexpected, extraordinarily beautiful and perfect in every way. Melissa was extremely personable and easy to work with - everyone at our wedding loved her! We also hired her to do our baby shots and will continue to use her to photograph our family for all our special occasions.

Reviewed on 4/15/2018 Katayoun D

Mel is phenomenal! I had seen her take photos of my friend for her maternity shoot so I knew we would be in good hands. My hubby and I hate anything too contrived where we feel like we are posing too much and Mel handled what we were worried about like an absolute pro. We got... Read More exactly what we were looking for. She is sweet, fun and gets the job done to your liking. We have her photos framed all over our house and I can't recommend her enough. I'm pregnant now so we plan on taking our maternity shoot with her as well. It's awesome to be able to stick with the same person throughout these milestones.

Reviewed on 4/10/2018 Isabella E

Wow! Talk about exceeded expectations! We are blown away with how amazing our pictures turned out. Their knowledge of lighting and positioning was so precise we are OBSESSED with our pictures as is everyone else. They made us feel so comfortable in front of the camera and gave a... Read More lot of instruction on hand & body positioning, which we loved/needed. When all is said and done, the flowers will die and the food will be eaten and what we will have forever is our pictures. Thank you Frank and Mel for making the lasting memory of our big day so incredibly perfect. You have gained a life long client in us.

Reviewed on 4/08/2018 Grace K

Hi all. If you are looking for the best photographers for your special events these two are it. They did a great job with our Engagement photos, my Bridal Shower, & our Wedding Day! They made us relaxed & allowed us plenty of time to still soak in the moment and enjoy them while... Read More capturing the memory. Thank you Frank + Mel for being our go to photographers! Love, Grace & Ian

Reviewed on 4/04/2018 Danielle I

Frank and Mel are the absolute best. They know how to make you feel comfortable in front of a camera and they know the best angles for everyone. Our engagement photos turned out so amazing. I cannot even handle it. As a bonus, Melissa is awesome to be around. She got the... Read More pictures back to us so quickly and they are all so beautiful.

Reviewed on 3/29/2018 Ashleigh P

The most perfect wedding photogs I could’ve ever asked for. They worked with my difficult, blindly sunny 1pm on a summer day ceremony and took photos that look like the heavens shined down on us! Turnaround for photos was faster than anyone else I’ve heard of, on a format that... Read More made it as easy as possible to share digitally with family and friends. They scouted our venue in advance which turned out to be SO helpful on the actual day, because my hubby and I ended up with beautiful photos not only of us, but also of our guests enjoying themselves. Trust me— the candid photos of your guests will matter to you as much— if not more—than the portraits of hub and wife posing. Frank + Mel are good at what they do. They’ll capture moments even yourself couldn’t on the Big Day, leaving you feeling forever grateful to them for giving you those moments to enjoy days, months, years after your wedding day. I wouldn’t recommend anyone else!!

Reviewed on 3/22/2018 Maria H

Frank and Mel were perfect! They were professional, easy to work with, and most importantly, they took amazing photos!

Melissa Montoya

Hi! I'm Melissa, the Mel in Frank + Mel! As you can see I enjoy In N Out, a must when on a road trip! I love to travel! I am originally from Peru, but grew up in San Diego. Love the outdoors, whether it's hanging at the beach or getting in tune with nature :) Ever since I was little I always had a camera in my hand; I love documenting events and expressions. Feel free to reach out and let's chat about how we can be a part of your momentous day!