Fred Astaire Dance Studios East Side

NYC, NY

Walk In, Have Fun, Dance Out!

The wedding dance is the most popular program offered by Fred Astaire Dance Studios. As this is the first dance of the rest of your life together, we put a great deal of attention into helping you select music and choreography to make the moment truly magical.

328 E 61st Street, NYC, NY

Our first dance was a hit!

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Marianne B

I am so pleased how our first dance went all thanks to Fred Astaire! We loved our two dance instructors and they were very patient with us while we sometimes struggled with the steps. They also threw in a free half an hour lesson for my in-laws who were in from England the week of our wedding. Lessons are not cheap (anywhere, not just them) but I would love another reason to take dance lessons there.

So much fun!!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Natalie A

What an amazing experience!!! We had a gift certificate for 2 dance lessons. While we knew we weren't going to leave dancing like Fred Astaire, we did learn some basic moves to help us look and feel more confidant for our first dance. We didn't go for the choreographed routine since that really wasn't our style, but we did pick up some nice turns and posture techniques that really gave us a "10" from all the guests! I recommend taking dance lessons before your wedding, even if you don't have 2 left feet!! It's just such a great way to have fun and let loose before the wedding and learn more about yourself during that process.

Fantastic and FUN!

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Heather M

My fiancee and I took an intro ballroom dancing class in college. But Will at Fred Astaire took it to the next level. We had a beautifully choreographed dance (rumba and fox trot) to "Wonderful Tonight." Will and his staff were punctual, fun, friendly, patient and TALENTED. We had a great time and will go back for post-wedding lessons!

painless

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Lara L

thought i would have to drag my fiance to class. ended up being quick and painless. had a great time

First Dance Lesson

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Mayuka K

I enjoyed taking lessons from them. We took 8 lessons and they choreographed to the song we picked. Male and female instructors take turn each week. They make our dance simple and elegant and we received a lot of compliments from our guests afterwards. I highly recommend taking lessons from them.

Awkward

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Laura D

I'd been looking forward to taking dance lessons to prepare for my wedding, but this was a bust. It was very awkward (granted part of that was my fiance's reluctance), but they also refused to teach more contemporary steps. Apparently just about the only dance anyone should ever do is rumba, which is ridiculous. It is also very expensive to go beyond their basic package, and they were very pushy about choreographing a dance, which isn't what we wanted. We were hoping to learn a few practical steps, but it didn't work out.

Fort Walton Beach Location

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Carol B

We had lots of fun and learned a first dance to impress our guests!

Solid dance teachers

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Lauren S

Because of our busy schedules, we only signed up for a 5 dance lesson package after using 2 through a groupon. They were a bit pushy about signing up for more but with my husband and my work schedules, it just wouldn't fit. They worked with us really well even though we didn't have too many lessons and managed to pull off the cutest dance ever in just 5 lessons. It didn't all come together until the end, leaving us guessing if it would, but it did! We were so happy to impress everyone with the cute little moves we added into our not-at-all slow dance (how boring!).

TO Fred Astaire Dance Studios East Side