Fred Astaire Dance Studios East Side

NYC, NY

Walk In, Have Fun, Dance Out!

The wedding dance is the most popular program offered by Fred Astaire Dance Studios. As this is the first dance of the rest of your life together, we put a great deal of attention into helping you select music and choreography to make the moment truly magical.

328 E 61st Street, NYC, NY

Our first dance was a hit!

Reviewed on 12/31/2012 Marianne B

I am so pleased how our first dance went all thanks to Fred Astaire! We loved our two dance instructors and they were very patient with us while we sometimes struggled with the steps. They also threw in a free half an hour lesson for my in-laws who were in from England the... Read More week of our wedding. Lessons are not cheap (anywhere, not just them) but I would love another reason to take dance lessons there.

So much fun!!!

Reviewed on 5/15/2012 Natalie A

What an amazing experience!!! We had a gift certificate for 2 dance lessons. While we knew we weren't going to leave dancing like Fred Astaire, we did learn some basic moves to help us look and feel more confidant for our first dance. We didn't go for the choreographed... Read More routine since that really wasn't our style, but we did pick up some nice turns and posture techniques that really gave us a "10" from all the guests! I recommend taking dance lessons before your wedding, even if you don't have 2 left feet!! It's just such a great way to have fun and let loose before the wedding and learn more about yourself during that process.

Fantastic and FUN!

Reviewed on 11/06/2011 Heather M

My fiancee and I took an intro ballroom dancing class in college. But Will at Fred Astaire took it to the next level. We had a beautifully choreographed dance (rumba and fox trot) to "Wonderful Tonight." Will and his staff were punctual, fun, friendly, patient and TALENTED. We... Read More had a great time and will go back for post-wedding lessons!

Good lessons

Reviewed on 7/09/2015 Katie F

We had 2 instructors, and we definitely preferred Nicole! She was very patient with us and good at describing and showing us how to do various moves. She listened to our song and had some good ideas about what steps to do, and how to transition to a few different moves for some... Read More variety. We practiced at home, and even with a few missteps the day of everything went great!

Great Vallue

Reviewed on 6/07/2013 Erica S

I recommend lessons for every couple, getting married or not! It's a fun activity that brings you closer. The instructors at Fred Astaire are very talented and the lessons paid off. On the wedding day all of our guests were shocked and thought we did an amazing job, all thanks... Read More to Fred Astaire.

October Wedding

Reviewed on 11/08/2012 Elise L

Had a wonderful time working with our instructor. My husband and I have never taken lessons before, and we were definitely "beginners" but the instructor was very informative and patient. We learned quickly and everyone at the wedding commented on our lovely first dance.

painless

Reviewed on 10/25/2012 Lara L

thought i would have to drag my fiance to class. ended up being quick and painless. had a great time

First Dance Lesson

Reviewed on 10/17/2012 Mayuka K

I enjoyed taking lessons from them. We took 8 lessons and they choreographed to the song we picked. Male and female instructors take turn each week. They make our dance simple and elegant and we received a lot of compliments from our guests afterwards. I highly recommend taking... Read More lessons from them.

Awkward

Reviewed on 9/25/2012 Laura D

I'd been looking forward to taking dance lessons to prepare for my wedding, but this was a bust. It was very awkward (granted part of that was my fiance's reluctance), but they also refused to teach more contemporary steps. Apparently just about the only dance anyone should ever... Read More do is rumba, which is ridiculous. It is also very expensive to go beyond their basic package, and they were very pushy about choreographing a dance, which isn't what we wanted. We were hoping to learn a few practical steps, but it didn't work out.

Valuable lessons

Reviewed on 8/29/2012 danielle z

Me and my fiance took a few dance lessons right before our wedding which definitely helped us look more put together than doing the typical circle slow dance. I had purchased a groupon and we eneded up buying one extra lesson in order to get all the training we needed. We went... Read More to the Fred Astaire on Sheridan drive in williamsville and worked with Andrea. She was great and gave us 5 simple moves in order to have a unique dance which definitely paid off! Our guests were so impressed. I would encourage all couples to try it because at the very least it is fun!

Absolutely professional, creative and fun

Reviewed on 6/22/2012 Marianne M

I would absolutely recommend the Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Sleepy Hollow, NY for your dance needs before the wedding. We enjoyed all 5 of our classes and would definitely recommend to anyone that wants that impressive first dance with your loved one.

We danced like Pros!

Reviewed on 11/29/2011 Carrie F

We have been going to the Fred Astaire Studio in Fayetteville, NY for over a year. They not only created our wedding dance, but a second wedding dance, my bridal party flash mob dance, and general lessons! We love Igor, Polina, Roman, Natasha, Karina and Vlad! Their new... Read More place is beautiful and we can't wait to go back to visit! We plan to continuie our lessons indefinitely, and consider our instructors our friends as well!

Looking good on the dance floor!

Reviewed on 9/21/2011 Leana D

We took 3 lessons with Katia at the West 72nd location, and we were very happy with the service and the result. We learned a number of steps and put together a simple choreography for our first dance. While it is on the expensive side, we thought it was worth it to look good on... Read More the dance floor for our first dance.

Loved it!

Reviewed on 9/13/2011 Elizabeth G

We went to the studio in Wappinger Falls, NY. I bit far but worth the trip. Alex and Elizabeth, were our dance instructor and they were amazing. Alex can teach anyone within a few shot days. Please try them if you are in the area and need some new techniques.

harstdale NY studio is fantastic

Reviewed on 9/09/2011 Lianne A

Emelia was a fantastic instructor, and we had an amazing first dance at our wedding!!!

Dance Lessons

Reviewed on 9/06/2011 Robyn E

The dancers we worked with were wonderful. They tailored to our talent and were not critical being that we both had 2 left feet. The dance turned out great in the end for what we were capable of and in the end it was a cute idea to have a rehearsed and practiced First Dance.

Elizabeth knows best!

Reviewed on 8/10/2011 Kerry F

We loved Fred Astaire's Poughkeepsie / Wappingers Falls location! We had Elizabeth work with us for 3 months perfecting a foxtrot dance..... We LOVED performing it, felt comfortable doing it (once I got into some flat sandals and pinned up the darn netting in my dress!!!), and... Read More can't wait to watch the video of it. Thanks to her and the whole team there. They are amazingly patient and have great personalities. It was light-hearted there, not strict and crazy like I was worried it might be. They work with you every step of the way! yay!

Fort Walton Beach Location

Reviewed on 7/05/2011 Carol B

We had lots of fun and learned a first dance to impress our guests!

Friendly staff, nice facility

Reviewed on 6/21/2011 Rubyna M

My fiance and I took lessons at the 34th street location of Fred Astaire. Since we were in a time crunch before the wedding, we were only able to fit in 8 lessons, as opposed to the recommended 10-15. The staff worked with us to help us learn dance steps as quickly as... Read More possible, and to create a routine that was feasible. The facility was nice, and there was plenty of room for multiple couples to practice simultaneously. My only criticism is that I feel as though 2 or 3 of our dance lessons were wasted, because we did not have the same instructor for all sessions. Each of these times, we would learn different sequences, that were different than what we previously learned, making it difficult for us to nail down a specific routine and have enough time to practice it. I felt that the lessons were expensive, although I do not really have any other dance studio prices to compare them to.

Solid dance teachers

Reviewed on 8/27/2010 Lauren S

Because of our busy schedules, we only signed up for a 5 dance lesson package after using 2 through a groupon. They were a bit pushy about signing up for more but with my husband and my work schedules, it just wouldn't fit. They worked with us really well even though we didn't... Read More have too many lessons and managed to pull off the cutest dance ever in just 5 lessons. It didn't all come together until the end, leaving us guessing if it would, but it did! We were so happy to impress everyone with the cute little moves we added into our not-at-all slow dance (how boring!).