Santa Clara, CA

The Inside Scoop

FROM THE KNOT EDITORS

The First Look

Freedom Hall and Gardens is a hidden gem in the heart of the Silicon Valley. Nestled away in a redwood forest, this all inclusive wedding venue located in Santa Clara, California is a one stop shop for nearly every wedding need. Both indoor and outdoor venues hold a maximum capacity of 250 guests.

Garden Ceremonies. Couples seeking a romantic garden ceremony need not look any further than Freedom Hall and Gardens. The surrounding towering redwoods and a carpet of vibrant flowers provides a picture perfect backdrop for any ceremony. A tranquil pond and bridged path complete the hidden oasis feel, giving Freedom Hall and Garden's outdoor ceremonies a feeling of serenity. Garden ceremonies are available on weekends April through November.

Indoor Ceremonies. For couples getting married in the colder months, an indoor ceremony is available. Indoor ceremonies take place in a chapel like setting created inside the reception hall.

Freedom Hall and Gardens prides itself on offering happy couples an easy alternative to wedding planning. The venue provides the following services as part of their preplanned wedding packages:

• Private use of the indoor event facility and landscaped gardens
  • Distinct food menus
  • Unlimited wedding beverages including soft drinks and select wines, beers, and champagne
  • Champagne toast
  • Italian coffee and gourmet hot tea served throughout the reception
  • A choice of one of four different centerpieces
  • Table arrangements
  • A choice of wedding cake provided by C'est Si Bon Bakery
  • All table settings including elegant white china and flatware
  • Linens and napkins in a choice of 35 different colors
  • Professional DJ service for the duration of the reception from Elite Entertainment
  • A black and white attired professional staff
  • An experienced day of wedding coordinator to ensure that the special day runs smoothly
  • Abundant dance floor lighting
  • Ample free parking

Pricing is based on a minimum of 100 guests and varies by the day and time of year. The venue offers discounts for value season and extra value season. Value season runs November through December and April through May. During value season, couples can save on various wedding packages. Extra value season is January through March. Budget minded individuals can expect additional discounts for this select time period.

Couples planning a wedding within 30 to 90 days may be able to take advantage of a quick booking discount. Ceremony fees are in addition to reception fees. Fees for the ceremony include:

• Coordination of the rehearsal and the ceremony
  • Chairs for guests
  • Garden arch for both indoor and outdoor ceremonies
  • Music from Elite Entertainment

Freedom Hall and Gardens has a variety of extra features for the happy couple and their guests to enjoy during the wedding celebration. Extra benefits of the Freedom Hall and Gardens include:

• Premium dance floor lighting
  • No noise ordinances

Guests making a weekend out of the wedding can take advantage of Santa Clara's nearby activities including:

• Watching a ballgame at Levi's Stadium
  • Enjoying the rides and amusements at California's Great America

Freedom Hall & Gardens

Finally, an alternative to high cost weddings! The Freedom Hall & Gardens offers complete affordable packages to include newly remodeled banquet facility, catering, unlimited beverages including alcohol, professional DJ, Wedding Cake, and much more along with beautifully landscaped gardens.

Ballroom

Bow2007

PO Box 27, Santa Clara, CA (408) 379-3733

So Worth It

Reviewed on 9/16/2014

This place is AWESOME!!! Not only is the venue really pretty but what makes this place stand out is the overall value - I would call it more of a banquet hall because you won't have a long list of vendors to keep track of and make sure those vendors get paid... basically they're... Read More doing everything for you; as far as the wedding day goes. You'll still have to get your invitations and place cards made and things of the sort but as far as making sure your set up is done, Freedom Hall goes above and beyond to make sure they are wedding ready. I'm not very definitive when it comes to making final decisions and the ladies here were very accommodating and had suggestions to help me put a beautiful wedding in about 2 months - that's what happens when your 20 person wedding balloons in to close to 200. From the linens, to the food, to the open bar (no hard liquor but who really wants their guests to get too wasted right?), to the level of attention I, along with my husband and bridal party received, is amazing - I didn't have to approach the bar at all for a drink all night, my coordinator Lucia was on top of it! (and they fed me after the dinner was over when I said I was hungry again - I didn't really eat during dinner so I was starving towards the middle/end of the party). Oh, and the DJ and cake were included too! I'm still receiving praises on the wonderful staff at Freedom Hall and Gardens. I highly recommend this place even if you're not on a budget because of all the upgrades you can get on the food as well as the different touches you can add like draping and up-lighting they really know how to make your day sparkle. They're also really nice to any outside vendors you bring in like your photographer ;) they don't make them hide out so they are right there to capture all the milestones and candid moments of your big day. My husband and I highly recommend Freedom Hall and Gardens.

You won't be disappointed

Reviewed on 11/28/2013 Kelsey

When my fiancé and I were looking for a venue, once we found this place we knew it was where we wanted to get married! The staff at freedom hall was so great and helped make our wedding the best day ever. The staff was very attentive, provided great service, never missed a beat... Read More and continued to amaze us from when we met them to when we got married. I would recommend this venue with flying colors and you definitely would not be disappointed from how amazing every aspect is taken care of. We have heard raving reviews from all of our guests about our wedding being so great. Well worth the money you spend and a great investment for amazing wedding memories for years to come!

Made it so easy!

Reviewed on 9/03/2012 Colleen Q

I was very happy with Freedom Hall. Before I got engaged I had no idea how much time, effort, decisions, and money goes into a wedding. I can see how planning a large wedding can drive a person insane. After months of research my husband and I chose freedom hall as our wedding... Read More venue because they knocked like 300 "to dos" off of my "to do" list. the location is a bit bizarre but that's the only complaint i can think of. I was looking at other venues where the cost is high and you have to have a caterer and they charge you a dollar per spoon and 10 for a napkin, and 2 dollars to cut each piece of cake.... Freedom Hall did not nickel and dime us. They do an all-inclusive sorta deal. Our price included meals for 100 ppl, unlimited beer and wine, a cake (which we got to design from a local bakery), and a dj. This took soo much weight off of my shoulders. My coordinator Lucia had everything covered. She even had a back up plan n case anything I had planned went wrong ( which it didnt, thankfully). She kept me on my timeline and told me when to visit each table to greet guests and when to go take pics. I did not want to be stressed out on my wedding day, and thanks to Lucia, I wasnt. I cannot emphasize enough how great it was to go into my wedding day without stress and knowing Lucia would take care of everything, I didn't have to keep track of time or activities. Also, I'm a vegetarian and my husband has some family members with special dietary needs, and we all got special meals without a problem. Love love love freedom hall.

Reviewed on 10/29/2016 Vanessa K

When my husband and I were engaged, we were absolutely over the moon with excitement. So many ideas flew through my mind of that special day. But then it all came to a halt. I had absolutely NO idea what I was doing. We couldn't afford a wedding planner. And I knew it was going... Read More to be terribly difficult to do this all on my own. We found Freedom Hall on the web and because of the great reviews and pictures of the event online we decided to check them out. I had absolutely no idea what Freedom Hall offered. I was immediately blown away by their presentation. They invited us to take a look around and ask any questions. When we found out all that they offered. There were no further questions needed. We HAD to book our date. My worries immediately disappeared. From beginning to end they handled everything. And when I say everything, I mean everything. To preplanning to set up, decorations to changes , To ceremony and reception. Making sure everything was perfect. They staff even enjoyed a little line dancing with us and I loved it. I'm usually a control freak but I was at peace knowing everything was taken care of. I thought I would be extremely stressed, but honestly didn't have a care in the world. I was left to freely enjoy our day, left to enjoy becoming one with my best friend. You always hear stories of "if i could do something different, I would do this" but I wouldn't change our experience for the world. We highly recommend the Freedom Hall to everyone.

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 beauty o

Hi Everyone, my husband and I got married at Freedom Hall and Gardens this pass March. I was so amazed how wonderful the staff was to me and our guess. That day I wanted everything to be perfect, just like any other bride, and it was. The food, DJ, and let's not forget the open... Read More bar !!!!! Lucia was very helpful with us and made sure we felt celebrities. I would tell everyone I know, to pick Freedom Hall for the staff, food, and good price. Beauty Oliver

Reviewed on 10/23/2016 Catrina G

Worth every penny!!! Monica and Sandy made me feel like family...didn't have to worry about a thing. I'm still getting compliments from our guests. Make sure you check this venue out!

Reviewed on 10/09/2016 Jennifer L

Love Love Love Freedom Hall! We had an amazing wedding. Lucia was our wedding coordinator and she was amazing. She knew what we needed before we did. The Hall was beautiful. All of our guests loved the food, open bar ( no hard liquor), and the DJ. We will recommend Freedom Hall... Read More to everyone. If you want a stress free wedding this is the place. Thank you Sandy, Lucia and the whole staff for making our wedding day absolutely perfect!!

Reviewed on 8/31/2016 Blanca S

We just got married at Freedom Hall & Gardens and we were so happy about our vendor decision for several reasons. First of all, planning a wedding is difficult enough, but as we are living in Germany, it was even more complex. Therefore, we were looking for a venue that is able... Read More to organize everything: Dinner, DJ, food, cake etc. We felt in very good hands and comfortable at all times with the coordinators and were never concerned that something could not work out. The coordinators (Betty, Sandra and Monica) always followed up, gave us important suggestions and impulses which helped us to plan everything from so far away. They even considered our nine hours time difference. We decided to arrive one week prior to our wedding in order to make final preparations, but as Freedom Hall & Gardens had everything covered already, we had a lot of time to visit family and friends instead of being caught up in wedding planning stress. Our wedding guests (and we) were amazed by the outstanding service, the quality of the food and beverages as well as by the smooth process. Our coordinator of the night, Monica, was available at all times and responded to last-second modifications in a very helpful way. The DJ Dustin did an outstanding job at bringing US-American, Mexican and German cultures together with his experience and his great variety of music. Aside that, we were the lucky winners of a food upgrade (we chose the steak). The steak was perfect and we would actually recommend to anyone to order this upgrade as we got continuious feedback from our guests how tasty the steak (as well as the chicken) really was. Also the side dishes were excellent as well, the noodles were really cooked the genuine Italien "al-dente" style, nothing was overcooked. We recommend Freedom Hall & Gardens without any hesitation to anybody who wants to get married in the bay area.

Reviewed on 8/29/2016 Jamie G

Such an amazing wedding experience. They really know what they are doing and it was nice to relax and go with the flow the day of the wedding! Lucia did everything and more on the day of our wedding! The food is amazing! The vendors they use for the cake and music are great and... Read More easy to work with. For me it was a very stress free wedding I was able to relax and enjoy every moment of it! I highly suggest this venue for any future brides looking to have a beautiful stress free wedding day! They do it all and they are the best!

Reviewed on 8/22/2016

My wedding was absolutly amazing because of freedom hall and its wonderful over accommodating staff! I don't know why everyone doesn't get married here! One stop shop! thank you again for the amazing job!!!! They said "all you have to do is show up" so i did just that! they... Read More had my wedding in their hands and made it the best day ever!

Reviewed on 7/26/2016 Emily B

Freedom Hall & Gardens is in a weird location, but if you can get over the aesthetic they are 1000% worth it because their customer service is unbelieveable!! From the first day you sign on you have someone assigned to you who walks you through the entire process- a true wedding... Read More coordinator. They are very responsive to emails/calls/texts and I never felt pressured or behind. They take care of EVERYTHING! set up, tear down, the DJ, the catering, the decorations, and the cake. The tasting was super fun! And day-of they make everything seamless- we were escorted everywhere, handed water on the dance floor, our food was brought to us and we were guarded while we ate (yes, we did enjoy a full and delicious meal!). They kept the events running even when we had unrelated things go not so smoothly, the staff were professional and gracious. At the end of the night my mother-in-law was looking for everything to pack away but they had already done it! and they sent me and my husband home with champagne and extra pre-sliced wedding cake for a snack later on :). We also received a wonderful wedding present from our coordinator.

Reviewed on 5/10/2016 Christina S

The freedom hall made our day perfect. They did an amazing job planning and executing our vision. The food was amazing. Our wedding planner, Lucia, truly blew us away with her attention to detail and wonderful personality. I can't say enough good thjngs about this wonderful... Read More venue.

Reviewed on 1/06/2016 Ashley A

Freedom Hall & Gardens is the perfect place to have your special day. The venue is gorgeous and they offer more than any other venue I met with with very affordable prices. I was fortunate to have a wonderful wedding coordinator, Lucia, who was there to make sure everything ran... Read More smoothly. I cannot stress how much I was impressed with everything they offered and how kind and professional they were. I have absolutely no complaints of the Venue or staff. They helped make my day absolutely perfect :)

Reviewed on 10/26/2015 Ashley N

My husband and I got married here August 7, 2015. We had a sharks themed wedding and it was more then I could ask for. I was SO stressed out about the wedding and all the details, and I shouldn't have been. They made everything so easy I had nothing to worry about. They did the... Read More decorations and worked with everything you wanted. The best part is they honestly care about you, I was sick at the wedding probably due to nerves. Lucia took such good care of me, she made sure I had water EVERYWHERE I went and if I needed the bathroom she'd make sure to have the bathroom private for me. She even made me a home recipe to help with my upset stomach which did help! For what you get for the money it's a no brainer. Amazing food, open bar (beer and wine) plenty of parking and hotels close by. All my guests were surprised on how nice the venue was. Another great part is I'm going back in January 2016 to be in a raffle and possibly win my ENTIRE wedding fines back!!! I definitely recommend this place especially if you're on a tighter budget they will work with you! :)

Reviewed on 10/23/2015 gerardo v

We love this venue my husband and I would go for the meetings to plan with our coordinator Lucia Rodrigues and she was very helpful she really listen to all of our ideas and took note. The day of our wedding Lucia helped me being the bride since I stepped out the car to go the... Read More the venue she grabbed my bags and took me to a room the she fixed my dress for the venue and grabbed my husband to go in to the room to get ready to see al family and friends at the party. When we finally went out we were speechless the decoration was breathtaking we were expecting less everything looked so elegant simple and clean just as I told Lucia.My family loved the food and beer my favorite was the chicken Madeira and wines. The apple cake was delicious. Also we were happy that they let us bring a band to play in the venue. Lucia kept us updated the whole party what was going to happen like the toast and the first dance ext...she make sure that the wedding activities were on time. Over all our wedding experience was so good everything run smoothly and we loved the food the drinks and the decoration and Lucia our coordinator was so nice and helpful we love the service we would highly recommend this place for a wedding or any other special occasion

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Tiffany P

This venue was fantastic!! Everything was perfect and my wedding cordinator Lucia was the best. I don't think I could of made this day come all together so perfectly with out her. She set up everything just how I imaged it in my head. Great people to work with and very... Read More affordable. I have already recommended the venue to a couple that is getting married and I will continue to do so in the future, I have nothing bad to say about this place I absolutely loved it. Go with Freedom Hall they are the best to work with and you will not regret anything!! FIVE 5+

Reviewed on 10/20/2015 Melissa

Picking this venue was our best decision! Everybody loved the food! My husband and I had the wedding of our dreams! Staff was amazing and Lucia is the BEST wedding coordinator! everything in our wedding was perfect!!!!

Reviewed on 8/07/2015 Shawna B

If you are looking to save on your wedding but still want that 5 star service then get married at the Freedom Hall & Gardens. I was just recently married at the Freedom Hall and Gardens in May of this year! The moment I walked into the facilities and spoke with the staff, we... Read More booked the venue. Not only were they friendly, bubbly and very helpful. They committed to everything they said they would! Sandy was amazing as she was always available to answer our questions and Lucia our wedding coordinator offered exceptional service! I would totally get married here again! We still get compliments on our beautiful day and food! Love, Jermel and Shawna Gilliard San Jose, CA

awesome wedding venue!!

Reviewed on 8/04/2015 Salvador S

My now-husband and I absolutely adored this venue! At first we weren't so sure about the location since it was in a business park. However, after attending their presentation we were convinced that this was actually a benefit! The site has ample free parking, no need for... Read More security and no noise limits! SOLD! Not only that, but having an all-inclusive wedding saved us so much time, energy and stress. You have no idea how many couples have complained over the stress they endured planning their wedding. We literally had none of that! We were also worried that because everything is included, our wedding would be "cookie-cutter". But since we saved so much money, it allowed us to splurge on the decorations and really customize the space to suit our needs. Surprisingly they were all for it and helped us bring our vision to life! We only had a few meetings throughout our planning process, but frankly it was all we needed. Even the tasting was fun! On the big day, our set-up was just the way we wanted it, and all we had to do was show up! Our guests raved about the food and the location! It's been months and our guests still talk about it! THANKS SO MUCH!!! A special shout-out to our coordinator Sandy. She was so helpful and kind, always providing useful tips while respecting the vision that we had in mind. Sandy went truly above and beyond to make us happy!!! The venue is also very LGBT friendly, and we never felt uncomfortable or out of place. They even changed the forms from bride/groom to groom1/groom2. Nice touch!! Thanks freedom hall for making our special day a reality!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic Wedding! Fantastic Staff!

Reviewed on 8/03/2015 Andrew E

We used Freedom Hall and Gardens for our wedding in July 2015 and were extremely impressed with all aspects of their service. Lucia was the best day-of coordinator we could have ever asked for and without her there on the day of our wedding, we never would have had such a smooth... Read More and perfect day. She went above and beyond to help our "in-need" photographer organize the requested parties for picture arrangements, all while continuing her regular responsibilities and looking after the bride! We would highly recommend this venue for anyone's wedding ceremony or reception! And highly recommend requesting Lucia if she is available.

Tammy Garcia

Reviewed on 8/03/2015

Superb service at an affordable price but with great quality and precision. Lucia was a gem; I did not have to worry about anything on my wedding day. DJ was great and played all of our songs. Food was delicious. Cake was gorgeous and had the added details we expected. The... Read More table, lighting, and centerpieces at the Freedom Hall were gorgeous. The entire vision of our wedding was exceeded and I am forever grateful to have worked with the entire Freedom Hall team.

Made our day amazing & perfect!

Reviewed on 7/31/2015 Melissa D

I don't have all the words to express how amazing The Freedom Hall and the staff were on our wedding day! The fact that everything can be done with one venue and all inclusive plus all the special touches not to mention the personal care and our coordinator felt more like a... Read More good friend by the time our day arrived. The venue was beautifuly decorated, the wedding set up perfect, food was delish, DJ kept a good flow of the evening, bar was done very well, cake was the best cake I have ever had, and our guest are still talking about it. All the guest were left craving the chicken marsala and wedding cake and they thought the staff did a great job. As a bride it what meant the most to me is there was no stress not even on the big day. I had no worry of anything going wrong or vendors not showing up on time. Weddings can be expensive and before I found Freedom Hall the other places I found would have cost double and I would have had to do so much of the work on my own and use mutiple vendors. The value is so much better than any other venue I found and happy to have found them just wish I would have found them sooner. What meant the most are all the little extras... the menu tastings, the give aways of package upgrades the wonderful wedding gift that was snuck into our gift pile and the fact that there is actually a chance we can win a chance to have our wedding reimbursed. I would recommend Freedom Hall a hundred times over and we are planning on renewing our vows there in 10 years. We can not thank Feedom Hall enough for the amazing job they did and I owe our perfect wedding to themm!

Eat, Drink, and Be Merry!

Reviewed on 5/17/2015 Christina D

We had a wonderful experience working with the Freedom Hall and Gardens. They are organized, friendly, compassionate, flexible, and easily accessible. We can confidently say that the Freedom Hall and Gardens staff was the best to work with./ Food and Drinks: The food served... Read More was absolutely delicious. It is served buffet style including their signature dish, chicken madeira. The food is plentiful and guests are welcome to come up for multiple servings. The unlimited alcohol was truly the icing on the cake for us. We are Filipino, and we were very fortunate that Freedom Hall had a set vendor in place for a roasted pig as it is common in our culture to have a roasted pig at special gatherings./ Lucia and the crew also made sure we had food to take with us after the party was over. As the bride and groom, we enjoyed the food so much but didn’t quite have the appetite while the party was going on. When we left for the night, we had two bags (food, utensils, cake, etc.) ready to go with us to the hotel room!/ Cake: While preparing for our wedding, we tried to save money whenever we can. We were ecstatic to find out that cake was included in Freedom Hall’s base package. We decided on upgrading the flavors for out top tier and the frosting throughout the cake for a very small fee. It goes without saying that the cake was heavenly./ Decorations: The hall was decorated exactly how we dreamt it would be. Lucia, Sandy, Betty, and the rest of the crew asked us every possible question in order to understand how we wanted the hall decorated. We made an effort to explain all of our wants, dislikes, and uncertainties so that we were always on the same page. Everyone’s efforts truly shined the night of our wedding./ DJ: Elite Entertainment, the DJ company, requested for us to fill out a music package about a month before our wedding. The questionnaire asked for every possible song we wanted to play on our wedding night. It honestly took us a while to fill out the song package but I am so glad we put in the effort. We strategically picked songs we thought our guests would enjoy dancing to and music that we love listening to. Many of our guests complimented us on the songs that were played and danced the night away. Our DJ, Berto, was an absolute sweetheart when chatting over the phone and on the night of the wedding. We are ever so grateful that Berto was able to find all of the songs we requested./ We are very sad to share a negative review, but it would be unfair if we held back such information. The transitions between songs sounded “choppy” and were kind of embarrassing coming from a respectable DJ company. With everything else being executed perfectly, the choppy transitions between songs stuck out like a sore thumb./ Final Comments: Without a doubt, we are absolutely satisfied with choosing to celebrate the happiest day of our lives with Freedom Hall and Gardens. Lucia and her staff were right by our side from the moment we came in to the moment we left the hall. They definitely succeeded in making us feel very special during our wedding celebration. Until this very day, our guests can’t stop complimenting us on how beautiful the hall was, how delicious the food was, how attentive the staff was, how thirst quenching the unlimited drinks were, and how the whole evening was so organized. We will miss all of the friends we made at Freedom Hall. Until we see each other again. Cheers and more blessings to you all!

My amazing day!

Reviewed on 1/08/2015 Derene S

I am so glad I had my wedding at Freedom Hall, they made it so stress free, convenient, and I had THE BEST Coordinator (Sandy) who I consider to be my true Maid-Of-Honor for the day as she was absolutely amazing. She didn't skip a beat and before I could even ask, she already... Read More had it covered. My wedding was unique and yet they were able to accommodate some unusual requests but still keeping the wedding so amazingly beautiful and the timing was perfect. I could not have asked for more the perfect venue, awesome food and the amazing staff ALL wrapped up at Freedom Hall - JUST PERFECT.

A Wonderful Venue!

Reviewed on 12/21/2014 Yvette M

To be honest, I was a bit skeptical about going with an all inclusive, banquet hall for my wedding. I didn't want my wedding to feel like a "cookie-cutter" type wedding, exactly like all the other weddings at this venue. However, there were so many choices offered (as well as... Read More upgrades) in each category (food, linens, cake, decorations, music) that I was sure my wedding would be unique. I also was able to bring in my own items to use that the staff set up for me on the morning of the wedding. I didn't have to worry about anything and everything turned out beautifully and how I envisioned it. Lucia, our coordinator designated for our wedding, was exceptional! She was there to take care of all of our needs and made sure everything went smoothly, all with a smile on her face! I am grateful for everything Freedom Hall & Gardens did for us to make our dream wedding come true! I highly recommend them if you are looking for a stress free, beautiful wedding on a budget!